Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited December 2010
    hag1TSOTSO wrote:
    Did you know that when your sim explores a tunnel that was dug with the mining machine, one of the things that can pop up is something like "[Your sim's name] saw an officious looking white rabbit run past them down a tunnel, but he/she decided to leave that business for some other sucker."

Im literally LMAO'ing right now. XD
  • Options
    CMIrvng68CMIrvng68 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Did you know that if you try to feed a FULL toddler while he/she sits in the high chair, they will throw the bowl on the floor and it breaks to pieces (and then disappears). LOL
  • Options
    IluvdasimsIluvdasims Posts: 126
    edited December 2010
    Did you know Sims can use their cell phone while carrying a toddler?

Don't know if it works with babies, will have to try it out :)
  • Options
    CreativeDrawing26CreativeDrawing26 Posts: 26
    edited December 2010
    I found the seceret bar exclusively for vampires in late night! I'll tell you where it is in the spoiler!

********* A mosoleum in the back of the grave yard! go down all the stairs! its not THAT kewl but hey i heard the producers talk about it! :D
  • Options
    CharlotteAnneCharlotteAnne Posts: 46 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Bridgeport has the most random and unique names out of any of the other games/towns ever.
    Well, that's my opinion, anyway(:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Did u know that...
    In bridgport, Beau Merrick has the hidden Pyromaniac trait and that Kai Leiko has the Can Salute Trait
    At certain lots in brigport (such as the lockout point) random cars with no owners will park.
    All the ghosts in Bridgeport seem to have blue skin just like all the ghosts in twinbrook had green skin
    There is a tombstone behind the Plasma 501 and one behind the Movie Cineplex?

i heard tht beau had that trait but what is the can salute trait? by the way how do you access both of those?
  • Options
    loveyoself11loveyoself11 Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    Did you know your sims can't burn to death!!!ahhh i tryed twice they just stand in the fire and scream its ******* me off i want a red ghost grrrrr.

Sims can burn! My brother has killed many by burning them! :twisted: :twisted:
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited December 2010
    DYK toddlers can hug each other? (That's what I miss most about TS3 from TS2 - all of the toddler interactions!)

And to add some Late Night info...

DYK there are two new gnomes in Late Night: Blingaboo and the Mysterious Vampire Gnome?

DYK your sims will strut after a woohoo in Late Night? I laughed out loud when I saw this for the first time!
  • Options
    CushlaLuvCushlaLuv Posts: 31
    edited December 2010
    I didnit know there was user made content and now that i know I want to make some :!: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If you have the unlucky trait the Grim Reaper will sometimes let him live after a freak accdent

OH HEY! one time i was at a party and william fangman died (in late night) and then the grim reaper said:
    "William, your constant misfortune ammuses me and those around you. It'd be a shame to take the priceless entertainment away. I'll take you another day."
    or something around those lines, thts the first time i heard it! tht explains a lot!
  • Options
    TampabayRoadkingTampabayRoadking Posts: 13 New Member
    edited December 2010
    DYK That you can have more than 4 games, I have one for each town (Bridge Port, Riverview, Sunset Valley and Twinbrook) I decided to take a chance and add a new town,and to my surprise it accepted it. I went back to the start of the game and to my surprise it showed my four games and an arrow to scroll to the fifth game. So now if someone comes over and wants to play The Sims, they have a game to play without changing anyone of my 4 games. Happy simmins to all and Happy New Years.
  • Options
    IzziebelleIzziebelle Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited December 2010
    Did u know that...
    In bridgport, Beau Merrick has the hidden Pyromaniac trait and that Kai Leiko has the Can Salute Trait
    At certain lots in brigport (such as the lockout point) random cars with no owners will park.
    All the ghosts in Bridgeport seem to have blue skin just like all the ghosts in twinbrook had green skin

i heard tht beau had that trait but what is the can salute trait? by the way how do you access both of those?

My sim had a baby with Beau and the daughter got the pyro trait
  • Options
    cheddarfish6cheddarfish6 Posts: 79 Member
    edited December 2010
    I didnt know that Vampires could gain their skills so quickly. I thouhgt it was a glitch but only my vampire sim would gain skill levels insanely fast.
  • Options
    ZetawilkZetawilk Posts: 852 New Member
    edited December 2010
    DID U NO: That Adventure Boards sometimes won't give out an adventure for you to do?
  • Options
    erialceozerialceoz Posts: 49
    edited December 2010
    Metors Kill Sims....
  • Options
    ChevySyndromeChevySyndrome Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    musicmom11 wrote:
    I like the Abracadabra bear.

393303932.jpg
    he started off in the bedroom, was found watching tv and at last check here was...well the picture tells all :D

He kind of reminds me of 🐸🐸🐸🐸. xD Just with the way he looks, I guess, lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Izziebelle wrote:
    Did u know that...

My sim had a baby with Beau and the daughter got the pyro trait

ooooohh ok! is it listed as one of the traits? and thnk you!! im gonna try tht! :D
  • Options
    simssims2sims3simssims2sims3 Posts: 400 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hey check out this Puerto Rican Modern Villa I made! I put a lot of effort into it and it's based on a house that I saw there in real life!!! :)

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=290660
  • Options
    simssims2sims3simssims2sims3 Posts: 400 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hey! check out this awesome villa that i made :D

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3571878
  • Options
    jeadeajeadea Posts: 48
    edited January 2011
    Didja know that sims with the published books they've written can buy them.
  • Options
    Jazzy1998Jazzy1998 Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I looove the way in create a style that you can drag a pattern over to another pice of furniture, clothing of anythingg! :D
  • Options
    Xtacissej7Xtacissej7 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I TRIED VERY HARD TO MAKE A "MONSTER" ACCORDING TO WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ADVISED. ALL I GOT WERE SIMBOTS. MAYBE I'M JUST STUPID AND I NEEDED TO DO MORE BUT I GAVE UP. BUT...I HAVE A SIM WITH THE KLEPTOMANIAC TRAIT AND I STOLE THE GRAVE OF A PERSON NAMED TIMMY WHEN HIS GHOST CAME I USED THE SHIFT CHEAT AND MADE HIM AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF MY FAMILY THEN MADE HIM EAT AMBROSIA. VOILA! HE WAS GRAY AND OLD TIMEY LOOKING. THEN I HAD MY GIRL MARRY AND HAVE A CHILD WITH HIM, THE CHILD WAS GREEN. ALSO, THE CURSED SARCAPHAGUS, IF A PERSON SLEEPS IN IT FOR 8 HOURS 2-3 NIGHTS IN A ROW WILL TURN THAT SIM INTO A MUMMY WHEREAS THE BLESSED SARCAPHAGUS WILL TURN A MUMMY BACK INTO A HUMAN. HOPE THIS HELPS, HAPPY SIMMING.... :-)
  • Options
    mickykoo11mickykoo11 Posts: 587 Member
    edited January 2011
    Xtacissej7 wrote:
    I TRIED VERY HARD TO MAKE A "MONSTER" ACCORDING TO WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ADVISED. ALL I GOT WERE SIMBOTS. MAYBE I'M JUST STUPID AND I NEEDED TO DO MORE BUT I GAVE UP. BUT...I HAVE A SIM WITH THE KLEPTOMANIAC TRAIT AND I STOLE THE GRAVE OF A PERSON NAMED TIMMY WHEN HIS GHOST CAME I USED THE SHIFT CHEAT AND MADE HIM AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF MY FAMILY THEN MADE HIM EAT AMBROSIA. VOILA! HE WAS GRAY AND OLD TIMEY LOOKING. THEN I HAD MY GIRL MARRY AND HAVE A CHILD WITH HIM, THE CHILD WAS GREEN. ALSO, THE CURSED SARCAPHAGUS, IF A PERSON SLEEPS IN IT FOR 8 HOURS 2-3 NIGHTS IN A ROW WILL TURN THAT SIM INTO A MUMMY WHEREAS THE BLESSED SARCAPHAGUS WILL TURN A MUMMY BACK INTO A HUMAN. HOPE THIS HELPS, HAPPY SIMMING.... :-)

"Monsters" are simbots and mummies. Did u know that two normal sims can have a vampire baby if one of its grandparents is a vampire?
  • Options
    BleachxNarutoBleachxNaruto Posts: 39
    edited January 2011
    Did you know your sims can't burn to death!!!ahhh i tryed twice they just stand in the fire and scream its ******* me off i want a red ghost grrrrr.

I had an extremly hard time dealing with that too. But, I managed. What I did was set a stove on fire than lock my sim in a tiny space with it, and if your lucky, they die. Took me a couple tries. I made a 1x2 room (I think I cheated) put a stove at one end, had my sim put food in it and cancel after she put it in. then, close the other half with her in it(yeah I did cheat) and a trash can or item below her feet so the fire spreads. And she dies, but it took my a few tries.
  • Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi everyone great reading, without the complaints. Now not sure if someone else has said this ,but-
    ECO Friendly sims hate to travel in cars and waste resorces.