May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashes since installing Late Night

Comments

• Options
    jaywhittjaywhitt Posts: 662 New Member
    edited November 2010
    This post is VERY old!
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited November 2010
    Update on my problem. I tried moving the firestation in Bridgeport but that didn't work. It crashed upon saving. I had to comb the neighborhood after restarting for the 'grayed out' lot. It's a community lot set to no visitors. I removed it and was able to play as normal.

What I didn't try was setting it as community 'visitors allowed' to see if that makes a difference. I will try that later with a new neighborhood.
    EIisabetta wrote:
    Last night, my game was working just fine. I've added nothing new to my game today, no new CC, nothing. Today, when I start a new game and try to add a sim to a home in Bridgeport, any home/apartment, it crashes to the desktop as soon as I click the checkmark to play that home. No apparent reason for it.

This is the exception info from the log file:

[Exception info]
    date: 2010-11-04
    time: 23.32.03
    type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000
    address: 0x007d1869 "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin\TS3EP03.exe":0x0001:0x003d0869
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    simsat1000simsat1000 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Hello I did what you said and instead of moving the firestation I got rid of it and also deleted a grey lot behind the town hall and set that to a fire station lot, but didnt put the firestation on it. The game was working fine last night after I did that and I saved it. Then I went back on it this morning and started playing from the point I saved from. My sim was sleeping, so I pressed ultra speed and.... it crashed to the desktop.

So the problem was fixed but now I cant use ultra speed!

Is anyone else having this problem and if so, is there a way to fix it?

Thank you!

*EDIT*

I just tried it again and now it appears that fast speed also makes the game crash to desktop, so now all I can do is use normal speed.

Please help!

Im very disappointed with EA atm, I never had problems like this with the sims 2 and it seems all the expansions ive bought for the sims 3 I have had problems with. Ever since the sims 3, EA has gone backwards.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BeyzBeyz Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    EIisabetta wrote:
    Update on my problem. I tried moving the firestation in Bridgeport but that didn't work. It crashed upon saving. I had to comb the neighborhood after restarting for the 'grayed out' lot. It's a community lot set to no visitors. I removed it and was able to play as normal.

What I didn't try was setting it as community 'visitors allowed' to see if that makes a difference. I will try that later with a new neighborhood.
    EIisabetta wrote:
    Last night, my game was working just fine. I've added nothing new to my game today, no new CC, nothing. Today, when I start a new game and try to add a sim to a home in Bridgeport, any home/apartment, it crashes to the desktop as soon as I click the checkmark to play that home. No apparent reason for it.

This is the exception info from the log file:

[Exception info]
    date: 2010-11-04
    time: 23.32.03
    type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000
    address: 0x007d1869 "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin\TS3EP03.exe":0x0001:0x003d0869

Do you remember which community lot it was?
  • Options
    simsat1000simsat1000 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Bump - everyones problems must be fixed!
  • Options
    2joey982joey98 Posts: 58
    edited November 2010
    Hey can you please go here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/292652.page to help me with my problem. i just have the base game and its patched to 1.17 but it crashes to desktop 5 seconds into live mode :cry: . I do not have any expansion packs or mods or cc. please help.
  • Options
    bigguy28bigguy28 Posts: 157 Member
    edited November 2010
    I can't believe after all this time there hasn't been a fix, I'd really like to play the family I started in anticipation of Late Night. Starting to think it's time to uninstall, go back to Sims 2 and forget Sims 3 even exists.
  • Options
    MellianMellian Posts: 56 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Same issue here. I’m postin in this one instead starting new topic.
    I actually went and did the huge mistake and bought sims 3 Late Night expansion and it totally ruined my game. All old save games in all neighborhoods - all sims and families are broken now! I cannot play at all without game crashing to desktop!
    When I uninstalled Late Night, game worked and I was able to play. I’ve followed all guides to fix late night crash issues and none of those work. I’ve updated video drivers, uninstalled and installed again. Updated windows, cleaned registry and much much more. Even if I create new neighborhood and try to use old sims and families where ever those are located – game crashes when trying to play.

I even uninstalled all sims expansions and base game, cleaned registry and installed all again – still all old files are unusable. What is this??????????????? I have no 3th party mods installed, I only use items which I’ve bought from sims 3 store. My computer runs perfectly and passes every test and benchmarks I’ve done – but Sims 3 after Late Night won’t work.
    What I’ve paid for!? Hours and hours of pain and headache!

Any ideas what I must do? What can I do to actually be able to play this game?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It was the patch that came out with Late Night, it seriously screwed up most peoples games. Figured by now they would have a fix.
  • Options
    BurnimaPlayerBurnimaPlayer Posts: 366 Member
    edited November 2010
    I have no idea, just regret that i ever trusted an update before waiting to see the fallout. Can't believe that EA hasn't got an apology thread on here.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    CampMaster wrote:
    kdluvshersims :

All I did was the following:

- Start a new game in Bridgeport
    - Go to Edit Town
    - Remove the "Community Fire Department" that the game auto-plants at 357 4th Avenue (a 40x30 lot) (using the bulldoze tool - DO NOT remove the lot, just the building!)
    - Set the lot to "Residential"
    - Set 34 1st Avenue (30x30 lot) to Community/Fire Station
    - Place "Community Fire Department" from Community lots picker on 34 1st Ave
    - Save game to start from it in the future
    - Play

I hope this helps, though!

Where is that: Set 34 1st Avenue (30x30 lot) to Community/Fire Statio? I cannot find such place.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    bigguy28 wrote:
    I can't believe after all this time there hasn't been a fix, I'd really like to play the family I started in anticipation of Late Night. Starting to think it's time to uninstall, go back to Sims 2 and forget Sims 3 even exists.

I can relate to that.
    I've had more problems with sims 3 series than any other games in my history, and I've played a lot.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I’ve just did huge job by doing all this:

I totally understand your frustration. My following suggestions involve an uninstall and reinstall, but bear with me. Here we go:

1. Uninstall all of TS3 (base game, EP's, and SP's) in the Add/Remove Programs control panel

2. Make sure everything is gone by following the manual uninstall instructions:
    Base Game: http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45
    WA: http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/216
    HELS: http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1343
    FLS: http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2515
    LN: http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2578
    Ambitions: http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2306

3. Uninstall EADM from the Add/Remove Programs control panel. Make sure everything is gone by following the manual uninstall instructions:

http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66

4. Reinstall the TS3 game, EP's, and SP's in this order:

http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2693

Make sure to install the latest patches to the base game, EP, and SP before installing the next EP or SP. Use the cumulative patches. Do not use the incremental patches or launcher to update your game! The cumulative patches can be found at:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

5. Repeat step 3 and download the newest EADM from:

http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51

6. Uninstall Adobe Air (the version that EADM installs is not the newest one), and install the newest version from:

http://get.adobe.com/air/

7. Do not use the launcher to play the game or update the game. Only use the launcher to install TS3 Store items or CC.

8. Create a shortcut directly to the game's executable and use that shortcut to play the game. Don't play the game using the launcher. For the TS3 base game, the executable can be found at:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe

If you have any expansion packs or stuff packs you will have to look in their respective Bin folders to find the executable. For example, the TS3: LN executable can be found at:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin\TS3EP03.exe

9. After launching TS3, go to Options -> Game Options and remove the check mark next to "Enable Shop Mode".

10. Do not use the launcher to play the game or update the game. Only use the launcher to install TS3 Store items or CC.

I also done DEP, updated all drivers etc. like recommended many post in these forums. Also followed and tried all other suggestions which I’ve found.
    Nothing that I find in these forums haven’t helped me at all. All old save games, sims, houses, families which worked fine before late night are totally useless. Game keeps crashing to desktop under 30 sec of game play. I don’t know what to try anymore- I wish I’ve never paid any money for Sims 3 series.
  • Options
    RewiredRewired Posts: 8
    edited November 2010
    OKay well this really does work, and it is a REALLY easy fix. when you get to bridgeport, before moving your sims into their house (which is where it crashes everytime without fail) go into Edit Town, then look for a GREY lot, quite simply delete that lot, return to game and move your sims in. Game works just fine after that ;p
  • Options
    ssudjanassudjana Posts: 39 New Member
    edited November 2010
    My issue are the night time day boots, the Vampire shirt called NEW CAS Project and the nude bottom keep remain in my game, since I have the new EP, late night. I have uninstalled the offending items from the file, and I cleaned my DCbackup and DCcache as well as my other Caches in my EA folder.but when I enter the game, the Vampire shirt called NEW CAS Project, the nude bottom and the boots still remain.
    All my sims babies that born since the EP late night are DEFORMED and one of the deformed baby's mother always wearing boots and new cast project shirt when she bathed.she doesn't have a never nude trait.
    My game lag so badly, and I've a car stuck in the middle of the road, it's no body car ???????? HELP !!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!!, How could I be happy simming ????
    so desperate of this game.
  • Options
    ssudjanassudjana Posts: 39 New Member
    edited November 2010
    My issue are the night time day boots, the Vampire shirt called NEW CAS Project and the nude bottom keep remain in my game, since I have the new EP, late night. I have uninstalled the offending items from the file, and I cleaned my DCbackup and DCcache as well as my other Caches in my EA folder.but when I enter the game, the Vampire shirt called NEW CAS Project, the nude bottom and the boots still remain.
    All my sims babies that born since the EP late night are DEFORMED and one of the deformed baby's mother always wearing boots and new cast project shirt when she bathed.she doesn't have a never nude trait.
    My game lag so badly, and I've a car stuck in the middle of the road, it's no body car ???????? HELP !!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!!, How could I be happy simming, I'm so desperate of this game problems.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I to was having crash to desktop I tried uninstalling everything ( i have never used the exchange) 3 times and nothing worked for me.

Then i stumbled across this thread i tried the renaming the sims 3 to sims 3 back up still nothing i also tried the DEP one and still nothing ( by nothing i mean having a sim and clicking it to do an action and hello desktop).

So what i did next was bulldoze all the Ambitions buildings and the lots they were on i tried the game and it worked excellent.

I went back in and placed the 30x20 grid and the firestation where it was originally but when i came to place the 30x20 grids for the sell and swap and the salon where they were ( between the king household and an empty apartment ) i couldnt get the grid to go green do to it saying unroutable terrain ( for me i think this was my crashing problem ) i have now relocated all my ambitions buildings and so far its working fine.

I would like to express my thanks to all that have tried to pass information and possible cures for this rather annoying situation and i hope my rather ill informed addition can shed some light and maybe possible cures for other simmers out there :)

I’ve tried to delete Ambitions slots totally and cannot find any grey slot anywhere. Game still crashes suddenly. I cannot play 30 seconds this game without crash.Changing slot types (like fire station) to any other don’t work for me. Windowed mode is no better, nor default graphic settings.
  • Options
    RewiredRewired Posts: 8
    edited November 2010
    only thing that worked for me was to go into edit town mode before moving your sims family into their house, look for the grey lot and delete it (bulldoze it) after that the game loaded and worked fine on my side. You can find the buggy lot quite easily it is literally grey. It is the easiest fix, takes all of 5 minutes and works.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Still nothing? :( Getting tired of waiting for a fix.
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited November 2010
    Recently found this posted by Nichaedemus in response to another post about CTD issues with Late Night (copied from this thread:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/299369.page.)

Hi,

There is a known problem with Bridgeport and a solution is being worked on. In the meantime, you can try out the following:

From CampMaster:

"All I did was the following:

- Start a new game in Bridgeport
    - Go to Edit Town
    - Remove the "Community Fire Department" that the game auto-plants at 357 4th Avenue (a 40x30 lot) (using the bulldoze tool - DO NOT remove the lot, just the building!)
    - Set the lot to "Residential"
    - Set 34 1st Avenue (30x30 lot) to Community/Fire Station
    - Place "Community Fire Department" from Community lots picker on 34 1st Ave
    - Save game to start from it in the future
    - Play

This is step by step EXACTLY WHAT I DID and Bridgeport now functions flawlessly for me."

Really appreciate that EA has addressed that they are working on this issue. :-) It would be even more appreciated if they could issue a patch or fix soon for everyone waiting on it, and for those concerned that their future copy of LN might be affected by this glitch!
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    bruisedstarrbruisedstarr Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Mine randomly crashes since I got Late Night. I make sure I save it like every 5-10 min b/c of this happening. I only had Sims 3 & High End Loft before I got Late Night.
  • Options
    TippieTipsTippieTips Posts: 1,574
    edited November 2010
    Thank you, Brandi, for referring me to this thread! :D

So, I tried what some people have suggested. I deleted all the ambitions lots. I still can't move my sims from a previous game over to Bridgeport. Bah.
  • Options
    GrilledLambGrilledLamb Posts: 33
    edited November 2010
    This is a very interesting problem here. Although I am not having crash issues like many people here, I DO have a problem with the game launcher not responding upon starting up the game. The game does load up fine, and I am able to play, but the launcher gets stuck in the background, and eventually either a) Windows shuts down the launcher or b) I get a message asking me to submit problem report to Microsoft.

NOTE: I don't have Late Night yet, but I have the base game + Ambitions.

And this problem started after I updated my EA Download Manager and to the latest patch.

I had to download the newest version of EA Download Manager because the game launcher could not recognize that my version of the game was outdated and kept telling me that the game was up to date, when it was not. After getting the newest version of the Download Manager, the game launcher recognized the new patch and allowed me to download that. Since then, the problem with the game launcher not responding started to surface. Before I updated the Download Manager and downloaded the newest patch, I did NOT have this problem.

I am NOT running any custom contents and I don't plan to put them in. I will be getting Late Night sometime soon. Since I am at least able to play the game without it crashing on me for now, I will update everyone when I get Late Night and see if the same problem starts happening to me.
  • Options
    jaywhittjaywhitt Posts: 662 New Member
    edited November 2010
    this thread is still going on?
  • Options
    GrilledLambGrilledLamb Posts: 33
    edited November 2010
    I uninstalled everything, and redownloaded everything back in, as I was previously using the disk version of Sims 3 Deluxe. And the launcher problem is still happening after patch, but does not happen if I don't apply the patch.