Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashes since installing Late Night

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited November 2010
    folks,
    If you're still CTD and have done everything regarding DEP, reinstalling etc. then
    please check out what I posted in this thread (6th from the top). It might simply be that your systems need to be tweaked to run the game, as it was in Mellian's case. Although the suggestions I made in this thread are geared toward Nvidia video cards simmers, other non Nvidia folks may find other bits of it useful. Hope this helps! :)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/296248.page

• Options
    PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    edited November 2010
    I wasn't able to delete the firestation and the greay labs, so I just uninstalled Ambitions and things are working great now. Losing Ambitions was a small price to pay because Late Night is really a lot of fun.

Happy Simming,
    PattyCo
  • Options
    BURITTBURITT Posts: 54 Member
    edited November 2010
    I feel a little bit out of the loop here...

But my game crashes in other towns BESIDES Bridgeport too :(
  • Options
    blooddaizyblooddaizy Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    I'm haveing the same issue. Launcher crashes then sims 3 starts running. I get to my town, select house hold, then 1 min after playing the whole thing crashes. I'm uninstalling late night see if that helps.
  • Options
    shany120shany120 Posts: 7,338 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Please Help!!

I have installed Late Night and cannot start a new game. I get a CTD whenever I start. I can get into CAS and I can pick out a place for my sim to live. However when I pick the check mark to start playing no warning, nothing, just a CTD and an error dump. I have reinstalled LN, (& cleaned the registry in between), dumped the cache files ( I do this all the time anyway), and have looked up the info at MTS about crash analyzer. ( Heck I even joined but I am running on just as few hours sleep and am feeling a bit groggy atm).

With my initial install I got the message that when I launched the game my launcher wasn't responding properly but it continued onto the game anyway. I thought maybe the install went a little wonky so hence the re-install.

Crash Data:

Application: Sims3
    BuildTime: 2010-09-20-1926
    BuildUser: codebuilder
    BuildHost: SIMS-BUILD125
    BuildConfig: Release
    BuldVersion: 0.2.0.125
    CommandlineKxxxx
    EA_PLATFORM: Windows on X86
    OS name: Windows Vista
    OS version number: 6.1.7600
    OS service pack:
    Debugger present: no
    CPU count: 8
    Processor type: x86
    Processor level: 6
    Processor revision: 6661
    Memory load: 38%
    Total physical memory: 6142 Mb
    Available physical memory: 3760 Mb
    Total page file memory: 12283 Mb
    Available page file memory: 9432 Mb
    Total virtual memory: 4095 Mb
    Free virtual memory: 2787 Mb

[Application info]
    Language: C++
    Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ compiler, version 1400
    App path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin\TS3EP03.exe
    App version: 0.2.0.125

[Exception info]
    date: 2010-10-26
    time: 06.53.00
    type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000
    address: 0x007d1869 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin\TS3EP03.exe":0x0001:0x003d0869

[Instruction data]
    007d17e9 => DasmX86Dll.dll not found. --thought this info might help

KD
    I dont understand ANY of that but it doesn't look good. uh oh! :shock:
  • Options
    OldRockerOldRocker Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    I'm getting the sims3 launcher not responding message, and am also having trouble installing items bought from the store, and am unable to uninstall cc that came with some sims I added from the exchange. not having any trouble gettin into LN and playing but do have to save regularly as it crashes every now and again, I have all the EP's and stuff packs and on my DM is says version 6.0.81.009001. Didn't have any trouble with the launcher til i installed LN :(
  • Options
    Phillipw1994Phillipw1994 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Does Bridgepoint just crash when you try and play it. if so try this

http://fix-my-game.blogspot.com/2010/10/sims-3-late-night-crash-fix.html
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=423396

I had problems with my launcher which was version 4.5.6.009001 when i updated Ambitions. The Launcher Works Properly as far as installing content goes. but says not responding when i play the game but the game still loads.

The Launcher could be a EA Patch Issue because the launcher worked fine before i updated ambitions. the launcher does the Same on LN but the fix for bridgepoint allowed me to play LN on that Neigbourhood. All the other Neighbourhoods Worked fine when i installed LN
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited November 2010
    Good thing I saved this thread!

I just got Late Night, and guess what - I got the crash to desktop when selecting to play a family in a new house!

Following CampMaster's directions did help! :) I would just like to post exactly what I did, as even though it was great that CampMaster posted that fix, there are a few other details I would like to point out:

1. Bulldoze the Community Fire Dept. at 357 4th Ave.

2. Change from the bulldozer cursor to the arrow cursor. Use the arrow to select that now-bulldozed lot (357 4th Ave.) and on the menu that pops up, choose "Change Lot Type." Set the lot to Residential.

3. Bulldoze 34 1st Ave. (Grady's Junk Shop or something like that. It's on the left side of the city.) When finished, again choose the arrow cursor and change this lot type to "Visitors' Allowed."

4. Next, you want to place a fire dept. on that lot you just bulldozed, which is 34 1st Ave. Enter the Lots menu and click on "Community Lots." Look for the brick building lot that says "Community Fire Dept." It should have a green plumb bob by it to signify that it is from Ambitions. (Note: Must be the Ambitions Community Fire Dept.! The Community Fire Dept. that comes with Bridgeport will not fit on 34 1st Ave.)

5. Click on the Community Fire Dept. with the Ambitions icon. Now, click on 34 1st Ave and choose to place this lot there.

6. One more step! Look for the "gray lot" and bulldoze it. Don't know the address, but it is on the left side of the screen and next to Landgraab Sell 'n Swap. Tip: If you have any other gray lots, delete those too. But in my case, I only saw that one and bulldozed it.

7. Exit out of Edit Town mode. Enter Create A Sim and create a new Sim. Choose a house, and move the Sim in. Worked for me!

Again, HUGE thanks to CampMaster for figuring out the way to resolve the glitch! If it were not for that, I would be among those returning/trading in the game.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited November 2010
    EA - Please note that this is a glitch that arrives with Late Night. The Community Fire Station that comes with Bridgeport appears to have a conflict with the neighborhood. The game purchased was brand new and from a well-known retailer, which could mean that other LN copies from large retailers are likely affected as well. (And by the evidence here, there are several players with this issue.)

This is the fix for the issue. It would be greatly appreciated if EA could post a note at the top of the Tech Forums or on the LN forums with this fix attached. Even if this is a temporary work-around, and a patch can be issued to correct this crash, these instructions should be posted by EA, as it is EA's error.

It would certainly encourage me to know that glitches attached to new EPs are being addressed by EA, and I am certain it would help other players.

Thank you.
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    CMIrvng68CMIrvng68 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited November 2010
    brandi22 wrote:
    EA - Please note that this is a glitch that arrives with Late Night. The Community Fire Station that comes with Bridgeport appears to have a conflict with the neighborhood. The game purchased was brand new and from a well-known retailer, which could mean that other LN copies from large retailers are likely affected as well. (And by the evidence here, there are several players with this issue.)

This is the fix for the issue. It would be greatly appreciated if EA could post a note at the top of the Tech Forums or on the LN forums with this fix attached. Even if this is a temporary work-around, and a patch can be issued to correct this crash, these instructions should be posted by EA, as it is EA's error.

It would certainly encourage me to know that glitches attached to new EPs are being addressed by EA, and I am certain it would help other players.

Thank you.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST BRANDI & CAMPMASTER. FYI, the crashes are not just for the retail purchased games, it also happens with the digital download...I just bought the download for LN today and it crashes straight to the desktop. Haven't tried the fix yet...going to try it now!

And I agree, EA needs to fix this ASAP!

THANKS!
  • Options
    NajiniNajini Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    I have been having a similar problem. I started a game in bridgeport, and everything worked just fine until a couple of days ago. Now, i get to the main menu and select my saved game. It brings me all the way to the loading screen and the bar fills all the way up with green, and then, I'm staring at my desktop- the game has crashed. saved games in sunset valley have loaded with no problems. please help, im desperate! o.O
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Najini wrote:
    I have been having a similar problem. I started a game in bridgeport, and everything worked just fine until a couple of days ago. Now, i get to the main menu and select my saved game. It brings me all the way to the loading screen and the bar fills all the way up with green, and then, I'm staring at my desktop- the game has crashed. saved games in sunset valley have loaded with no problems. please help, im desperate! o.O

I tried Brandi/Campmaster's fixes above and now my game works fine!
  • Options
    2joey982joey98 Posts: 58
    edited November 2010
    The new patch that came out today in US fixes this problem. I guess EA was looking into it.
  • Options
    AshaFBabyAshaFBaby Posts: 10
    edited December 2010
    CampMaster wrote:
    Junkyard ?

Oh dear, it looks like having Ambitions is really causing random throwing buildings on the map on open lots ... I didn't have a junkyard placed and now that you mention it, I won't have one in town, ****** ...

I'd like to suggest to EA the next time they add a town they carefully consider their previous offerings and take them into account ...

All I can relate is how I got it to work, from what I hear it -looks- like there's a lot more going on than a mystifying lot problem (I strongly suspect the rush to get LN out the door means some corners were cut in development; having worked QA for a few years, I KNOW this is going to end in tragedy!!) ... at this point I'm unwilling to commit to any explanation (not enough data), but I think the Sims dev team has a rough time ahead ironing out these issues.

My complaint is, what was the rush? For those of us who play without MODs and CC, we are still learning the game as we play. We could have waited. Now I can't play my game I love so much. :-(

Is there any reason that the instant download may not work? This is the first time I didn't buy the disc from a retail store...

Thanks
  • Options
    airotciv54airotciv54 Posts: 459 Member
    edited December 2010
    Turning OFF all DEP for ts3, expansions & stuff packs stopped all crashing issues for me. The game seems very stable now. I was crashing to desktop every time I mouse clicked to play a family on a lot.

I had accepted the latest updates (e.g., EADM, Launcher and game patches; BUT I have not installed LN yet. I may buy it now...later this week.

The Launcher is still messed up though.

Thank you. Would of never thought to turn off the Dep's for TS3. I'm no longer crashing, Ok the launcher is still not working. At least, thanks to you I can play my game.
  • Options
    Keela369Keela369 Posts: 13
    edited December 2010
    I just bought the LN EP today and it's crashing just like everyone else but I do NOT have the same problems with grey lots and ambition buildings showing up because I do not have the ambitions EP.

Can someone PLEASE help me? I'm at my wits end and very upset that my game won't work...I was expecting a day of relaxing with my game at 2 this afternoon and it is now almost 7! 5 hours of constant trouble shooting is a little much!!

I have reinstalled Sims 3 and LN EP. I left out World Adventures to see if it made a difference and it has not.

Please help!

Thank you!!!
  • Options
    crunkcrunk Posts: 163 New Member
    edited December 2010
    My game was crashing and I found out it was because I needed to update my EA download manager. This could help with the crashing too if yours is not updated.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    AshaFBaby wrote:
    CampMaster wrote:
    Junkyard ?

Oh dear, it looks like having Ambitions is really causing random throwing buildings on the map on open lots ... I didn't have a junkyard placed and now that you mention it, I won't have one in town, ****** ...

I'd like to suggest to EA the next time they add a town they carefully consider their previous offerings and take them into account ...

All I can relate is how I got it to work, from what I hear it -looks- like there's a lot more going on than a mystifying lot problem (I strongly suspect the rush to get LN out the door means some corners were cut in development; having worked QA for a few years, I KNOW this is going to end in tragedy!!) ... at this point I'm unwilling to commit to any explanation (not enough data), but I think the Sims dev team has a rough time ahead ironing out these issues.

My complaint is, what was the rush? For those of us who play without MODs and CC, we are still learning the game as we play. We could have waited. Now I can't play my game I love so much. :-(

Is there any reason that the instant download may not work? This is the first time I didn't buy the disc from a retail store...

Thanks

I have the digital download for NL and it was crashing until I made all the fixes. It runs perfect now (and I have all teh EP and Stuff packs).
  • Options
    CarmykinsCarmykins Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Keela369 wrote:
    I just bought the LN EP today and it's crashing just like everyone else but I do NOT have the same problems with grey lots and ambition buildings showing up because I do not have the ambitions EP.

Can someone PLEASE help me? I'm at my wits end and very upset that my game won't work...I was expecting a day of relaxing with my game at 2 this afternoon and it is now almost 7! 5 hours of constant trouble shooting is a little much!!

I have reinstalled Sims 3 and LN EP. I left out World Adventures to see if it made a difference and it has not.

Please help!

Thank you!!!

I have the exact same problem as you. No idea what to do. I think it may have something to do with the Custom Content?
  • Options
    zoom123zoom123 Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    mine is doing the same thing!!! And i di evry thig to sooooooo idk. im runing windows 7 and i have the tope of the line graphics card. i have a ton of memory! SO HELP!!!
  • Options
    MizzieroxxMizzieroxx Posts: 5
    edited January 2011
    Oh.. My families dont load when i place them into a house. And they also can't learn skills. Ive uninstalled heaps. HELP ME. I'm using windows 7 64-bit system.
  • Options
    luciddreemerluciddreemer Posts: 11
    edited February 2011
    Ahahaha, man this is hilarious sorry to say. But i just bought Late Night, hahah man can't even play its so funny. you get all excited making your new sim, or touching up your old one with the new cloths, hair , etc. Then you go to put them in a new town or an old one either and bam crash to desktop lmao. This is funny because i keep feeding them money, over and over. I AM NOT Lying this crash to desktop thing has happened ever since they hooked me with the first EP lol.. wanted to expand my Sims 3 experience so i bought it, bam never could play again. Every EP i was like hmm maybe they will have a patch that will fix it, because as of NOW i can only play Sims 3, base game PERFECTLY fine, Flawless ill add at that. When i even think about installing any EP , bam crash crash crash haha. Gullible we all have been and shame on us for picking up these stupid expansions. (which i know would be soooo FUN ) if they just worked lol. My computer runs so many HIGH end games as well so don't tell me anything about it being my specs lmao i could run this game 5 times if i wanted i bet ( exaggeration . Just fix your game , money hungry wanna be game producers.
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited February 2011
    Still we wait for some kind of response from EA

However I have a few things that helped me Im running with Windows XP

Make sure you save alot and have lots of different saves for your game
    so if one messes you got a back up

Before you start each game clear the 4 caches in the EA folders
    This seems to help or it does for me.

I have had to start so many new games I almost quit but the cache clearing
    seemed to help me quite a bit so far but Im close to the time when the game
    usually gives up the ghost.