Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashes since installing Late Night

OK so has anyone else experienced crashes since installing late night?
Not to mention that my launcher now comes up saying that it isnt responding and then closes and the game starts anyway.
I have added the game to the data execution prevention list and no luck.
My graphics card is up to date.
Everything worked perfectly yesterday before installing Late Night.
Anyone have any suggestions?
:cry:

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,775 Member
    edited October 2010
    Did you add all the base game/expansion exes to DEP (including the one from Late Night) ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    YsaanYsaan Posts: 10
    edited October 2010
    yep as I have had problems with other expansion packs so everytime I get a new one its the first thing I do
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Did you remove all your cc and mods (if any) ?

Are you on the new EADM ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited October 2010
    No I didnt remove any of my cc because I have never had an issue with it before causing problems with new expansions.
    The mods i removed but it didnt make any difference.
    EADM has jsut decided to update itself but I'm not convinced this will fix the problem.
    Do you have late night installed at all?

So i am currently just waiting to see what happens after thisw EADM update
  • Options
    jaywhittjaywhitt Posts: 662 New Member
    edited October 2010
    My Late Night copy does not crash at all.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    oh dont tell me that!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Downloaded the update for EADM and like i thought it made no difference the game is still crashing :(
  • Options
    StorixStorix Posts: 5,093
    edited October 2010
    EA always release THE SIMS 3 with bugs and gliches which crashes the game. There is nothing you can do. You have to wait until 1st patch for LN. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ysaan wrote:
    No I didnt remove any of my cc because I have never had an issue with it before causing problems with new expansions.
    The mods i removed but it didnt make any difference.
    EADM has jsut decided to update itself but I'm not convinced this will fix the problem.
    Do you have late night installed at all?

So i am currently just waiting to see what happens after thisw EADM update

I don't have it yet. Release date here is not before the 28th (although some people already have it). I preorder through amazon cause it was a lot cheaper for me that way.

Remove the cc and see if that makes a difference. There is faulty stuff out there and just cause it worked before, does not mean it has to now.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    edited October 2010
    Please Help!!

I have installed Late Night and cannot start a new game. I get a CTD whenever I start. I can get into CAS and I can pick out a place for my sim to live. However when I pick the check mark to start playing no warning, nothing, just a CTD and an error dump. I have reinstalled LN, (& cleaned the registry in between), dumped the cache files ( I do this all the time anyway), and have looked up the info at MTS about crash analyzer. ( Heck I even joined but I am running on just as few hours sleep and am feeling a bit groggy atm).

With my initial install I got the message that when I launched the game my launcher wasn't responding properly but it continued onto the game anyway. I thought maybe the install went a little wonky so hence the re-install.

Crash Data:

Application: Sims3
    BuildTime: 2010-09-20-1926
    BuildUser: codebuilder
    BuildHost: SIMS-BUILD125
    BuildConfig: Release
    BuldVersion: 0.2.0.125
    CommandlineKxxxx
    EA_PLATFORM: Windows on X86
    OS name: Windows Vista
    OS version number: 6.1.7600
    OS service pack:
    Debugger present: no
    CPU count: 8
    Processor type: x86
    Processor level: 6
    Processor revision: 6661
    Memory load: 38%
    Total physical memory: 6142 Mb
    Available physical memory: 3760 Mb
    Total page file memory: 12283 Mb
    Available page file memory: 9432 Mb
    Total virtual memory: 4095 Mb
    Free virtual memory: 2787 Mb

[Application info]
    Language: C++
    Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ compiler, version 1400
    App path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin\TS3EP03.exe
    App version: 0.2.0.125

[Exception info]
    date: 2010-10-26
    time: 06.53.00
    type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000
    address: 0x007d1869 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin\TS3EP03.exe":0x0001:0x003d0869

[Instruction data]
    007d17e9 => DasmX86Dll.dll not found. --thought this info might help

KD

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Part two

Sorry that the above post was incomplete the forums were giving me grief. I wanted to give some basic info on my comp also:

running an i7 930
    Win 7 OS (64-bit)
    6 G RAM
    Sapphire (Radeon) 5770 (1 G VRAM)

My EADM updated itself twice over the past two weeeks, plus I have all of the latest drivers, security and operating updates, EXCEPT for CCC. My system is stable with version 10.3 and I would prefer to keep it there.

I have ALL Stuff Packs and Expansions Packs. I run NO non-EA custom content PLUS I do not download from the exchange. I do howevewr have a TON of Store content. I am religious about keeping my game ship-shape so I am rather confuzzled on this CTD situation.

PLEASE HELP!!!
    I want to play my game

KD
  • Options
    CampMasterCampMaster Posts: 60
    edited October 2010
    kdluvshersims, I have exactly the same issue (game works fine until I want to play) - same CTD.

Sigh. Here's hoping the patch comes soon ...

edit:

I got Bridgeport to work. The game plunks down the Ambitions buildings (Fire Station, Salon, Consignment Store) on open lots in town ... by moving the fire station to another open lot I removed the crash on startup ... seems like it works now!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited October 2010
    kdluvshersims - check out the threads about laa (large address aware). This seems to help people with 64 bit systems and 4 gig or more of memory.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Thank you for the advice. I (finally) was able to download and use the crash analyzer and it is saying that none of my crashes were due to DEP or LAA. I do realize that this is only one tool and no tool is perfect. In fact the crash analyzer has no clue as to why my game is crashing (lovely). However it did say, but not specify, that each of the crashes came with a warning(?).

Would you please explain to me why I would need LAA. (I'm trying to understand) Even before late night the few crashes I had did not seem to have memory issues. (The analyzer also checked those files too). I appreciate you chiming in as I think your advice on the forums is worth listening to.

@CampMaster-Sorry to hear you are having the same issues. Have you checked to see if it is a memory or CC issue? If you have come across anythingpertinent please let all of know. Good Luck!

KD
  • Options
    jaywhittjaywhitt Posts: 662 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Am I the only lucky one here?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    CampMaster

What did you do to get it to work? Reinstall, DEP, LAA, Pray, sacrifice a live chcken? (Can you tell I'm a little desparate?) All joking aside can you tell me what you did to get your game going?

Thanks
    KD
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yea a double post. Cause today just hasn't been frustrating enough.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    kdluvshersims :

All I did was the following:

- Start a new game in Bridgeport
    - Go to Edit Town
    - Remove the "Community Fire Department" that the game auto-plants at 357 4th Avenue (a 40x30 lot) (using the bulldoze tool - DO NOT remove the lot, just the building!)
    - Set the lot to "Residential"
    - Set 34 1st Avenue (30x30 lot) to Community/Fire Station
    - Place "Community Fire Department" from Community lots picker on 34 1st Ave
    - Save game to start from it in the future
    - Play

This is step by step EXACTLY WHAT I DID and Bridgeport now functions flawlessly for me.

FWIW, I'm running XP SP2 ...

I hope this helps, though!
  • Options
    simaidan117simaidan117 Posts: 42 New Member
    edited October 2010
    i dont have late night yet it doesnt come out till the 29th hear, but i have all other ts3 games and since i have installed fast lane stuff this has been happening to me... any one know whats causing that one?
  • Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I have exactly the same problem. I already uninstall all the patterns I got from the exchange, no ccs, and even tried CampMaster’s suggestion, and still not able to make my game work. I’ll appreciate any help anyone can give us.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    CampMaster

You are my Hero!!! It worked perfectly for me. Thank You so very much!!!! What a joy to be able to play!!! Can you tell I'm a little excited!?!

KD
  • Options
    sgiese314sgiese314 Posts: 5
    edited October 2010
    pardon my technical ignorance but can someone define

"- Save game to start from it in the future "

• Options
    edited October 2010
    well i try "save" and even "save and quit" after doing EXACTLY what you guys said, and it crashes to the desktop each time.
    my heart is broken!
    help..
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    sgiese314,

this step refers to saving the town you just modified (Using save game from the game menu accessible through clicking the "..." button in the lower left corner) so you can use it to start games in Bridgeport later, without having to go through all these modification steps again.

Hope this helps!

@KD: I'm happy my solution worked for you. Enjoy!

EDIT: sgiese314 - did you start subsequent Bridgeport games from your newly created save ? If so, then I'm afraid I have no idea how to resolve this other than the lame "wait for the official patch" answer :(
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    no i doubt i do, because i cant get it to save from square one. it crashes before it saves...
    i never thought a game would get me to such frustration and joy and heartbreak and love but the sims does.....
    :(