Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHY?! Are the clubs and bars empty?

Comments

• Options
    MacAllenMacAllen Posts: 150 Member
    edited October 2010
    Pause your game, go to ground level and hunt around. I had the same problem, everything was empty, then I stumbled upon this parking lot behind a bar, first floor of the parking garage, hard to see from "the air"...

screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"

And this was the bar itself, filled with angry people peeing all over themselves because they couldn't get out and there was only 1 potty...

screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"

Everyone is here, over 100 sims all told, all locked in the "omg it's a celebrity!" or "omg it's a scandal!" interrupt loops, unable to go or do anything.
  • Options
    simsAsyrafsimsAsyraf Posts: 262 Member
    edited October 2010
    This problem is not due to my computer or any mods/cc because i don't have any. It seems that even the hot-spots are empty and the city seems dead at night. I actually remove all community lot and place ONE bar equipped with a bartender and entertainment and i didn't add a bouncer. Out off the many adults living in the town only 2 showed up!
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited October 2010
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    This problem is not due to my computer or any mods/cc because i don't have any. It seems that even the hot-spots are empty and the city seems dead at night. I actually remove all community lot and place ONE bar equipped with a bartender and entertainment and i didn't add a bouncer. Out off the many adults living in the town only 2 showed up!

I have seen numerous people with this issue, Please check your story progression and make sure that it is turned ON. That should make the clubs seem alot more crowded. They reported back that it works.
  • Options
    simsAsyrafsimsAsyraf Posts: 262 Member
    edited October 2010
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    simsAsyraf wrote:

I have seen numerous people with this issue, Please check your story progression and make sure that it is turned ON. That should make the clubs seem alot more crowded. They reported back that it works.

On/Off the outcome is still the same. The only place where i see more than 2 people is 'The Grind'.
  • Options
    botheredbothered Posts: 303 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I dont think its the population because i used to cheat to "make me know everyone" and i found there were over 50 or 60 sims living in bridgport! i mean how hard is it for a sim to stop what they're doing and come to a club!? its totally a bug!
  • Options
    Lea347Lea347 Posts: 248 Member
    edited October 2010
    Ozzie1985 wrote:
    I too am worried that all my clubs will be empty. I could understand the dive bars being empty because in real life they are, but the VIP lounges shouldn't be. Perhaps it depends on your computer.

Hmmm, it's the contrary, I think. :shock:. There are less VIP than common people, in real life.. I can understand VIP clubs are empty, even though it's not really the case in my game. I always find at least 2 or 3 people in VIP clubs. My dive bars are full of people
  • Options
    Quacky618Quacky618 Posts: 79 New Member
    edited October 2010
    EA misleaded us. In the trailer, there are many sims in the clubs.
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited October 2010
    yeah loads of people are getting this too. and i'm one of them. hope they fix it soon.

(good thing this isn't like real life imagine the bouncer and bartender pointing and laughing at you saying wat a loner)
  • Options
    savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited October 2010
    My guess is that the game is only spawning as many sims as your computer can handle.
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited October 2010
    My guess is that the game is only spawning as many sims as your computer can handle.

hmm i have a decent computer and when i played sims 2 nightlife i had a bunch of sims showed up always

i hope i don't have to make the switch back to sims 2.
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited October 2010
    When you throw a party, how many sims are you allowed to invite? 10? 12? Something like that, anyway. So I think we can safely assume that 12-15 people is probably the realistic amount that the game was intended to handle at one time.

It has nothing to do with power of your computer. If it did, players with less powerful PCs would have a lower limit on the number of sims they could invite to a party. I know my PC is not exactly the state of the art, and I've easily had 15 sims in the same lot. And no, my PC didn't "overheat" or "blow up" or anything.

I think there are a few reasons the clubs are deserted:

1. Too many hotspots. Usually there are about 3 hotspots in any given evening. So if a few sims go to each hotspot and one or two go to each non-hotspot, the available population gets divided up to the point where there's no concentration anywhere.

2. Routing issues. Always a common problem, it's become even worse with the introduction of elevators. I'm guessing the sims often get stuck in the lobby or elevator and eventually leave. I created a bar in Twinbrook (without an elevator) and it always seems more populated.

3. Timing. The game always seems to automatically send more sims to the lot where the player's sims are. But travelling around Bridgeport takes so long (see elevators comment) it might actually take quite a long time before they arrive. If they arrive at all.

4. Bouncers. I assume the bouncers turn away some of the sims and then they leave.

Overall, the whole nightclub population issue is my biggest complaint with the game and I hope they adjust it in a patch. For example, there should only be one Hotspot on any given night.

And yes I know the trailer is only for promotional purposes...but man that would have been TOTALLY AWESOME if the nightclubs really had 30 or 40 people in them, all dancing, with no stupid routing issues, like the trailer depicts. Yeah, I know the trailer wasn't "real" but I really wish it could have been. :)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    Katwoman107Katwoman107 Posts: 70
    edited October 2010
    Ugh! I really don't want to regret buying this game, So far this is the most annoying issue i'm going through with this expansion :cry: :oops: I hope there is something that can be done soon!
  • Options
    CrypticqaCrypticqa Posts: 205 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Even if its hot spot,i have like 4 sims in bar :lol:
  • Options
    immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited October 2010
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Because it is probably daytime and clubs don't actually do anything until after 8 o'clock at night or later. That's why they are called "Night" clubs, and this ep is called :Late NIght".

Mine are empty too, I know AM from PM, it's night when my Sims go, and even when the newpaper says it's hot, or the red flag is on it, it's dead. I follow the guide and go to the right ones and I know how many they hold. Mine are just empty. Oh and 2 people died in one because they starved to death. Not taking care of their basic needs. I have story progression on also. 3 days and it hasn't changed. Oh and it's NOT my pc. It far exceeds specs, memory and graphics, etc for the game.
  • Options
    immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited October 2010
    Crazy double post.
  • Options
    twotones121214twotones121214 Posts: 266 Member
    edited October 2010
    To the theory that the game only spawns what your computer can handle - I think that may be false. My desktop plays the Sims 3 quite well on windowed mode with medium/low settings (though I usually keep everything low, because windowed mood makes the graphics look ten times better :shock: ) so it's only an average or slightly less computer and my bars are always hopping. In fact, sometimes I get annoyed because there are too many Sims dancing on the counters or ordering food/drink ahead of me, lol! So I'm guessing it's a game-to-game glitch. Or maybe I've been temporarily lucky, heehee.
    tumblr_lxi0ubopEk1qhycbto1_500.png
  • Options
    acknaracknar Posts: 89 New Member
    edited October 2010
    50-60 Sims for an entire town isn't a lot.

Divide that by the number of hot spots and you get about 5 or 6 sims per hot spot. Take into account that most of those sims are probably travelling to and from places, or stuck at home, or stuck somewhere, you're down to a handful.

The way the ai works, is that it prioritizes Sims that are friends with your sim. These guys tend to swarm your sim (Awesome Mod has a mode that allows you to see this in action).

Until your new sims (and imported) sims have created a robust network, most of the places around town will probably be empty.

At most hotspots in my game I have about 4 or 5 sims. Usually one or two of them are sims my sims already know pretty well.
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    According to the strategy guide for LN, there are peak days and peak times for all clubs/hotspots/divebars/dance clubs etc. It gives the exact days and times to go to these venues. I dont have it in front of me now that I am at work but if I remember right, the dance club was good to visit at midnight on Saturdays, One of the lounges is peaked on Fridays between 11-2 I think..If you have the strat guide, look in the section of the tour of Bridgeport--for all the listings,times, etc..

i wish they put that in the actual game booklet
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited October 2010
    I've noticed the bars that are more accessible (i.e. no elevators, no bouncers) usually have more people in them. Although still not a lot.

I've also noticed that sometimes the newspaper will say a particular venue is a Hotspot, but when I check the map it doesn't always have a red marker on it.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    dustydog4dustydog4 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Make a group of friends, you can have up to 8 in a group, (or invite someone out with you) then take them with you to the bar. My sim left a bar one night alone and about 5 or 6 other sims that I'd never seen in the place(they must have been in the VIP section) came out, so they are there somewhere. My guess is you need to make as many friends as possible, and take them with you or get into the VIP section.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited November 2010
    something is wrong here with is expansion :(

after playing it for a few days now i have also noticed all bars and clubs either empty or only a few which have some sims and most of them are,
    2 bouncers,1pap,2 bar staff,3 sims if i'm lucky!
    i have checked most bars to see which are best of that evening and when i get there it tells me it will be busy and most times i got one other sims and all the staff :oops:
    this can't be right can it?

i have a older pc with 4g of ram and 512mb of g card, my game runs really well at the moment but really empty bars,
    really not happy here :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    lesley418lesley418 Posts: 4,077 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I've been playng for 3 sim weeks so far. Most of my clubs have had about ten or so people. Some have been empty ut I just leave to another hotspot and it'll be full! =)
  • Options
    xfunkychick93xxfunkychick93x Posts: 550 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I've got the same problem. There's no one in any of the clubs! :( And to everyone saying that people are leaving at night, they're the bouncers and mixologists... My sim is a level 3 celeb, but her mum was a level 5 and there was still no one!
  • Options
    Fabeo2Fabeo2 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited November 2010
    experiencing same problem here. ENOUGH WITH YOUR PC NOT BEING ABLE TO HANDLE IT!! omg whenever something like this comes up, i think "omg this again". IF YOUR PC CANT HANDLE A BUNCH OF SIMS IN 1 PLACE, IT PROBABLY CANT HANDLE SIMS 3!!!
    does this cross anyones mind? i mean seriously, if someone thinks they have any proof that that is the case, im willing to belive anything. But i think an alienware laptop with an nvidia card and 8 gigs of ram can handle sims 3.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited November 2010
    arleta wrote:

And I don't want to form a group to go to a club so there are sims their. This game's premis are bars etc. and if you look at the forum their are a lot of people that are having this problem. I like the the town and appartments but this city is a ghost town. I found nothing exciting about this game. No one is on the street, no one in bars clubs. There was more action in twinbrook. An occational protest had more spectators.

Agreed.
    Bridgeport is astounding, it is such an amazing town asthetically speaking. I get blown away by the sights and how real it feels.
    But in all honety this place is creepy as it's so quiet and empty.
    I see maybe one sim on the street. One.
    Then, aside from staff, I will ee maybe 2-3 sims in a club, on a good night.
    Someone else mentioned that if we are able to throw parties with 10-15 sims on a lot, we should be able to spawn many sims in general which I agree with.
    Before I updated my computer, I had 2Gb of memory and an integrated video card. I had 15 sims at a party on a community lot with no problems. I had about 5 random sims show up to parks or on the street. With my updates, it was even better. 7 sims on a lot at a time. It's not much as I am not done with my updates, but it's more than I get in Bridgeport. Even at the parks in BP I don't see anyone. It makes going out so dull and time consuming. I just teleport everywhere.

And the whole computer argument is crap I think...while it may be true for some, I think this issue is more than just the computer specs. As I said, I have luck in other towns but not in this one. If it was my computer it would be noticable everywhere and my game would crash with too many sims at a party.

I feel a slight majority of people are suffering from this. I see people say how it's not big deal as most people with full clubs are playing and not talking about any issues on the boards. This is not always true. Many people who don't frequent the baords are also having such issues, I know a few of my friends and relatives for example and they do as I do, invite people by planning a party. But they rather not come onto the message boards, and if they have that big of problems they call customer service or search the web in general.

The forums are like a sampling of the entire simming community. For as many people off-line that are playing a great game there are also people off-line that encounter this problem too. And this seems to be one of the more popular issues with the game, so it seems.