Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHY?! Are the clubs and bars empty?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited November 2010
    My guess is that the game is only spawning as many sims as your computer can handle.

I appreciate everyone who is trying to help, and I wish it was as simple as the computer not being up to speed, but...

I can debunk this speculation and any others that might guess it's a "computer" problem. This cannot be the case since plenty of Sims showed up at the bar I went to -- it was the clubs and the clubs only that were ghost towns.
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited November 2010
    Really appreciate the posts by Glic2003 and acknar - great explanations for what may be happening. (On page 3 if anyone is interested in reading them.) Hopefully this is "just the way the game is," but even so, a patch or statement from EA explaining why this is happening would be reassuring.
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    TroyKristofferTroyKristoffer Posts: 20 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I have this problem too, and I'm sure it's some sort of spawn bug. I play in Bridgeport, and I never see Sims on the streets, and even when I hit a community lot and the game tells me "this place is hopping" or something like that, I'll be lucky to find 2 sims there. Sometimes I see 1. 95% of the time, there is nobody but the bouncer and bartender. And this is a "HOTSPOT"!

When I used to play in the base game with no expansions, (was it Pleasantville?) I the town was CRAWLING with townsims. If I played an instrument in the park, I'd get 10-12 sims watching... but a big city like Bridgeport is dead. (And not because of the Vampires either! ;) ) I'm very sad about it :(

I think there's a bug. It's not my computer. I have a brand new, top of the line gaming computer, and it certainly handled the 10-12 Sims with no problem.

• Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Try the workaround here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/307092.page

If it doesn't work, it's a bug or your computer is too weak.
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited December 2010
    In bridgeport I don't have any problems with that at all. The places are usually crowded...apart from the VIP parts lol. However in Sunset valley the only people in the bar there are the bartenders. It keeps coming up that this is the hottest spot and bla bla bla... but still no one there.
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    AventerraAventerra Posts: 46
    edited September 2012
    Recent post here. On the latest patch and still no hard parties.
  • Options
    cherryblossom516cherryblossom516 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    According to the strategy guide for LN, there are peak days and peak times for all clubs/hotspots/divebars/dance clubs etc. It gives the exact days and times to go to these venues. I dont have it in front of me now that I am at work but if I remember right, the dance club was good to visit at midnight on Saturdays, One of the lounges is peaked on Fridays between 11-2 I think..If you have the strat guide, look in the section of the tour of Bridgeport--for all the listings,times, etc..
    Do you by any chance know where I can find it on the internet? Because I got the starter pack with LN and I don't think the strat guide comes with it.