The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• Options
    Craz4lifeCraz4life Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I started this Legacy last May or June when I started playing Sims for the first time ever. Sadly a game glitch made my second generation heir just vanish from the game. He didn't die or anything, he just vanished without a trace and his wife and kid were still there. I was so heated I deleted the Legacy and created another family.

Now a year later I am ready to try this again as a more experienced simmer and hopefully I won't have another glitch blunder!
  • Options
    TragicMimeTragicMime Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2010
    They won't let us make a lot that's worth $14,700. Looks like no legacy in Twinbrook. :(
  • Options
    yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2010
    TragicMime wrote:
    They won't let us make a lot that's worth $14,700. Looks like no legacy in Twinbrook. :(

this problem was already addressed on page 238. you will probably find it helpful if you wish to make a legacy in twinbrook.
  • Options
    x_Kinomi_xx_Kinomi_x Posts: 194 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm a little confused about jobs. Is my founder allowed to have a job or a profession (with ambitions)? Or are ANY of the sims allowed? Or do they all earn money from only hobbies? Can they register self employed? :?
  • Options
    amywelshcastleamywelshcastle Posts: 344
    edited June 2010
    x_Kinomi_x wrote:
    I'm a little confused about jobs. Is my founder allowed to have a job or a profession (with ambitions)? Or are ANY of the sims allowed? Or do they all earn money from only hobbies? Can they register self employed? :?
    Any and all jobs are accepted in the legacy, and every member of your family can contribute to the income. One of the main points of the legacy challenge is to go from rags to riches, and you can do it whichever way you like - jobs, hobbies, or even stealing.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited June 2010
    Dannikins, you could simply revert back to the last save before she made Ambrosia and cancel the action before she ate it. However, I'm guessing you don't have an old save. (It would be super cool to have caught that action in a movie.)
    As you aren't playing a legacy according to a set rule list anyway, it doesn't matter. That said, it's not something you directed, and it is super cool, so have fun playing it this way.

Honeytips, you can use any method you like to tell your story. Some post in the story forum here. Others post in blogs elsewhere. It doesn't matter. You can put a link to your story in your signature block or post in some of threads when you update.

• Options
    x_Kinomi_xx_Kinomi_x Posts: 194 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Ahh thank you! ^^
  • Options
    Minky_BMinky_B Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2010
    WOW! This sounds intense. I'll probably screw up trying to keep points but I am really looking forward to the challenge with all these rules in place. Guess I better get started!
  • Options
    wondersueakwondersueak Posts: 963 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm starting a legacy but I'm not following the rules exactly. I'm not placing them on the specified lot, I'm gonna place them in a house. There will be 2 founders. the girl the heir. the guy not but he's her husband. I don't have any mods or cheats so this will be interesting.
  • Options
    WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm starting a legacy but I'm not following the rules exactly. I'm not placing them on the specified lot, I'm gonna place them in a house. There will be 2 founders. the girl the heir. the guy not but he's her husband. I don't have any mods or cheats so this will be interesting.

Following the rules is only necessarily important if you're planning on keeping score. To me at least, it's better to play the way you like to. :)
  • Options
    wondersueakwondersueak Posts: 963 New Member
    edited June 2010
    yeah I wasn't planning on keeping score. I'd just mess it up anyways XD. I agree.
  • Options
    BlueZimBlueZim Posts: 259
    edited June 2010
    Craz4life wrote:
    I started this Legacy last May or June when I started playing Sims for the first time ever. Sadly a game glitch made my second generation heir just vanish from the game. He didn't die or anything, he just vanished without a trace and his wife and kid were still there. I was so heated I deleted the Legacy and created another family.

Now a year later I am ready to try this again as a more experienced simmer and hopefully I won't have another glitch blunder!

This happened to one of my sims recently. I was sad to lose her as a child and as an heir possibility. In my blog, I ended up having to have her 'run away' because people don't just go poof in real life. :(

She's still in all of the family's relationships statuses though, and ever since I moved her out when someone else moved in (that's the only place I could see she was still part of the family, and I was afraid it might not let me have 8 people then) it looks like she's been growing up.

Although, I can never see her picture, and she is probably invisibly walking through the town.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    BlueZim wrote:
    This happened to one of my sims recently. I was sad to lose her as a child and as an heir possibility. In my blog, I ended up having to have her 'run away' because people don't just go poof in real life. :(

She's still in all of the family's relationships statuses though, and ever since I moved her out when someone else moved in (that's the only place I could see she was still part of the family, and I was afraid it might not let me have 8 people then) it looks like she's been growing up.

Although, I can never see her picture, and she is probably invisibly walking through the town.

That's what's so strange about that glitch they just go 'poof' yet they're still in the relationships and my guy was still working somehow. I tried reverting the save, but to no avail. Very inventive of you to say they were a runaway however because people do actually do that :)
  • Options
    howdysims3howdysims3 Posts: 507 New Member
    edited June 2010
    BlueZim wrote:
    Craz4life wrote:

This happened to my sim a little while back and I had no spares because i was playing on the short lifetime.

I was really angry so running out of ingenious ideas i decided to go into edit town and play as another family for about two seconds. then i went back to the house my legacy was in and my heir was standing right there by the door.

Do NOT try not saving it and going into menu and hope it will all be better because it won't. It will just be the samebut weithout your missing sim. if some one was interacting with the missing sim whewn you saved it then they will go missing to so -m
    yeh
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    howdysims3 wrote:
    BlueZim wrote:
    Craz4life wrote:

This happened to my sim a little while back and I had no spares because i was playing on the short lifetime.

I was really angry so running out of ingenious ideas i decided to go into edit town and play as another family for about two seconds. then i went back to the house my legacy was in and my heir was standing right there by the door.

Do NOT try not saving it and going into menu and hope it will all be better because it won't. It will just be the samebut weithout your missing sim. if some one was interacting with the missing sim whewn you saved it then they will go missing to so -m
    yeh

I didn't even think to try that. Thank you, I will keep this in mind as I'm playing my new legacy just in case it happens again.
  • Options
    DannikinsDannikins Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2010
    ciane wrote:
    Dannikins, you could simply revert back to the last save before she made Ambrosia and cancel the action before she ate it. However, I'm guessing you don't have an old save. (It would be super cool to have caught that action in a movie.)
    As you aren't playing a legacy according to a set rule list anyway, it doesn't matter. That said, it's not something you directed, and it is super cool, so have fun playing it this way.
    Yeah, I accepted it pretty quickly and I'm pretty happy that it turned out like it did. Although I do wish that I'd recorded it. Too cool. :)

Reviving herself meant that she got to meet her Great-Granddaughter, and stock up my fridge with perfect meals. I'm kinda hoping she doesn't do it again, as she's very almost at the end of her borrowed time and I'd quite like to move on.

While I'm here, I've a question that I'd love to ask, but don't really think it important enough to start my own thread for it. With Ambitions, if a sim of mine learns to sculpt statues of sims, could I get them to sculpt my founder's ghost if she comes out of her grave and starts floating about the house? I'd love to have a statue of my founder out front as part of the decoration, but got Ambitions a tad too late and haven't got any sculpting sims yet.
  • Options
    moonbeammoonbeam Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2010
    .... once I get my laptop back, I think I will start my own Legacy. :D
  • Options
    eluve59eluve59 Posts: 62
    edited July 2010
    Okay, so just for clarification, say I need a mate for my third generation heiress. She could go to find someone and marry them, even if they are identified as rich?
  • Options
    moonbeammoonbeam Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2010
    "Moving Sims in:
    Any sim may be moved into the Legacy Family via marriage or move-in except for the following:
    Sims created by the player
    Sims/households downloaded and imported from the exchange
    Sims that had previously lived in the Legacy household but had since moved out

Sims that are identified by your sim as :lol: "Rich" are now fair game for all sims except your founder. :)

All other sims are fair game. You are allowed to create/download/import sims and families into your Legacy neighborhood, they just cannot join the family.
    No sims/families may ever be merged into the Legacy family. If you wish to add members, they must be done in game."

looks like that would be ok
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited July 2010
    Dannikins, I don't see why you can't have the founder's ghost sculpted.

BlueZim, Twallan has a debug mod that allows one to fix all invisible sims. I used it when torsos were missing and other parts looked like old Sims 2 meshes without textures. I had a twin who showed up as just a head in everyone's thought bubble until I installed and used that debug mod. It worked perfectly for me. You might try that, if you haven't already. Just google Twallan and it should give you a link to the Sims Club, where you'll find all his mods under featured creators (I think).
  • Options
    eluve59eluve59 Posts: 62
    edited July 2010
    @moonbeam

Thank you very much :D
  • Options
    sydniSIM10sydniSIM10 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm so looking forward to starting my legacy. I've already had many attempts, but something always seems to go wrong. Has this happened to anybody else?

Kind of frustrating :roll:

Though, I do have a question. Would it be better to focus on building the house before buying essential items that the founder can use at elsewhere places for free?

• Options
    SimsMastergirlSimsMastergirl Posts: 179 Member
    edited July 2010
    :shock: :shock: :shock: Wow..... Ugh let me check my agenda,(hmmmmm) YAAA.... I'll get back to you on that. :? :roll: :roll:
    tumblr_mrvfonTRwm1rp3b5eo1_500.gif
  • Options
    StarSarahStarSarah Posts: 931 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi guys

It is time to vote for the heir of the Seraphine Legacy and the head of the 6th generation......

Image1-4.jpg

Should it be Jasper who is brave, loves the outdoors, is clumsy, a daredevil and adventurous? Jasper has lived his life in the great outdoors – performing any extreme sport possible including climbing mountains, white water rafting and sky diving. Like his father he is brave and fearless and filled now with adventure has gone to China to help underprivileged children.

Or how about Kitty who is artistic, dramatic, flirty and a snob? Half black and half white, Kitty has always been her mother’s little princess. Since she was born she has loved designing and creating things. It was when she became a teenager that she discovered her love for fashion and even set up her own fashion design business – Kitty’s boutique. Ever popular with the kids at school she has made over the entire teenage class and is set to become a Fashion Phenomenon.

Alternatively, should it be Lottie who is eccentric, a genius, over-emotional and perceptive. Her childhood was filled with nightmares and a sense of being surrounded by monsters and ghosts. But as she got older she learnt to embrace her sixth sense and now spends most of her time in the graveyards of Angel Falls, researching the paranormal surroundings of the island. Her lifetime wish is to be a Paranormal Profiteer (aka Ghost Hunter) and rid Angel Falls of all the demons and monsters – but also to nurture the lost souls who walk the island.

Lastly, should it be Marshall who is athletic, evil, ambitious and a kleptomaniac. Unfortunately, Marshall inherited too many bad genes from his wayward father. Filled with evil tendencies from birth, Marshall’s greatest vice is stealing. Since he was a child he has relished in stealing items from his family which increased when he became a teenager when he became ambitious. His goal in life is to be a great thief and achieve the Possession is Nine Tenths of the Law lifetime wishes.

PLEASE VOTE HERE: http://theseraphinelegacy.wordpress.com/vote-for-the-heir/

xxxx
  • Options
    TanyabeeTanyabee Posts: 360
    edited July 2010
    I'm totally going to start a legacy.. I'm really happy I came across the rules because when I play TS3 I usually play with generation after generation so this way it just makes it more fun that I have goals to achieve. I don't think I'll score myself but I will take screenshots and possibly start a blog on my legacy. How Exciting!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top