The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Riverblossom Hills - A TS2 remake prepopulated with over 100 Sims! Updated for Gen and on Exchange!

Comments

• Options
    tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited May 2010
    There isn't any difference between the mod placed Sims and the game placed ones. All their fundamentals are the same because the mod that inserts them uses the same channels as EA does to do so, it just bypasses some of the UI. However, it could be the fidelity of the Export process in CAW. But I doubt that. I've had my Sims interacting with game-placed Sims a lot during testing.

I've tested the world with as many different configurations as possible, including no mods at all and the modding framework uninstalled. I made sure while building the world that I did not have Awesome mod story progression and the like working - I figure they probably don't work in CAW, because story progression and aging doesn't happen in EIG, and the Sims don't move unless directed. I've worked hard to make it compatible with the basic, unmodded game.

Another possibility (that you're no doubt aware of) is that a background process is running that causes the hanging. But you'd know better than me if that was the case.

I might try deleting all the Sims, and moving them all back into the hood and setting up their relationships again. As I said, I can't really replicate this so far, especially to the degree that others have reported. :/

Tell me if the world is running okay for you. I've had no problem with 8, and it's the version I've played by the far the longest. A warning though: Dolldrms noticed that the Malfeasance household's motives are static. I know what causes this motive corrupt, and reset sim should resolve it. I'll make sure it's not happening at start up in V8.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited May 2010
    I am having the freezing issues as well. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I agree with Writin_Reg, it is pretty bad. Mine started right off as soon as I loaded the first household. I did actually have this a little in the last version but it was much worse in this one. I searched all over town as well to find the issue and I couldn't come up with anything. I will add that I noticed it more in the early morning hours, about the time the kids went to school, I went over the the school yard and saw a traffic jam, but it only happened one day. I cleared that up but the next day the severe lag was there again. I'm sorry your having these issues as this is a fantastic world.

I apologize for the delay in responding but my S.O. has been in the hospital for the past two days and I haven't had much time to be online or play the game.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2010
    I Give up. I Got 2 hours in last night nearly before it started to get little jumps, and slowly it progressed to a tiny bit of lag now and then, but I continued to play another hour, with the problem slightly increasing. Earlier this evening I loaded it up and within 2 hours it was almost as bad as Version 6.

I noticed the little jumps actually started shortly after Claire Ursine joined the hood. Oh and by the way I did not go near the Ottoma's. Choosing instead to play the Moriarty house. During that time I got him and the egyptian girl in love, married, and preggers. It was a wonder too because the girl seems to have a penchant for scaring Jameson and it kept defeating all the relationship progress i was trying so hard to get upped.

ButI did finally succeed and now they look at each other with "My Love" wantonnesss 24/7. Sort of odd for an evil pair. But anyway I went back in to night so I could see what they have for a baby, it does not look promising. I have no clue what is wrong with this world, I made suggestions of possibilities, but then you ask me if it's background tasks. Which to start with seems a bit outlandish, as most people know I am as near an expert as you can get on any of the Sims games, and I get asked a question like that? I suppose none of us know enough about the sims that we don't know any better than play any game with back ground tasks on. But hey, I let it roll off my back, but if you think about it, when several people get the same exact error on one world and all these same people have pretty much been testing worlds for others since this CAW tool came out, and I run not less than 25 perfectly running worlds - well I really got to wonder if you want the honest truth or not?

Fact is, there is something wrong, very wrong with this world when the minute the game makes any kind of concrete changes to it, it begins to perform like it made up of a ton of really bad third party content. I also discovered when it started going bad and when it began kicking in badly full force when the game decided to move a family called the Morgans into this town.

This go round I did nothing at all to the hood or the Sims or anything but add a nursery and had Jameson take the gardening class and he started a garden. Those things were fine, then Clair came and the game developed a mild bit of what reminded me of the jump bug in Sims 2 - but seeing Sims 3 is not corrupted by memories, as Sims don't have them in 3 - it can't be that. When the game moved in the only family it moved it this time which was into the house at 1 Icon Rd, the game lag started. After it sat over night, off no less, not running, and I re-enter the game the lag is now tri-fold.

So I go on a search for a stuck sims or a stuck vehicle, but there is neither anywhere. I have gone on every inch of road and into every building I could go into, and I do not see a problem. By all appearances the game looks perfectly fine, so it makes no sense other than what I said about version 6, that game moved in Sims are conflicting with the mod created ones. What you need to do is find somebody to examine all the files assigned to a mod produced family against an ingame game produced family (not a family you download or have made in CAS, but one the game itself adds to the game,) as this is when the game lags start excellerating and see why they are conflicting as this behavior is exactly the kind of behavior I get complaints of over on the tech boards from third party CC users after they update their games with an EA patch and their CC suddenly starts conflicting with the game.

All that aside, it's a beautiful world and the characters are wonderful, but what good is it all when it becomes unplayable the minute the game starts doing what it is programmed to do?

Sorry, but I firmly see this as a waste of my time and I have 4 other Simmers wanting their worlds checked out. I would have loved to have kept this one. Your hard work is evident, but when people test your worlds and they all have the same problem, there's a great big chance out there -it is the world with the problem, especially when you are dealing with people who know pcs and gaming well.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Thank you, Writin Reg, for your help so far. You've done all you can. This is, in fact, a known issue with large CAW worlds. However, it strikes at random, and reasonably rarely. It seems to be an error in the saving process. It has nothing to do with the Sims, it hits empty worlds as well unfortunately.

I had to rebuild Niua Simoa twice due to this error (and I was on a different machine then and not prepopulating). I've seen it destroy several other people's worlds as well. I will just have to rebuild from a back up, unfortunately. I won't ask that you suffer any more testing. :)

Take care, and thank you very much for the help you put in.

Kiwi_tea.
  • Options
    deak101deak101 Posts: 56 New Member
    edited May 2010
    this sounds amazing, i cant wait until i can download it, thank you so much.
  • Options
    MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Hi tea_and_blues,

Have you made any progress with this lagging issue?
    I'm testing my world and I have a freezing problem which sounds similar to the one that your testers have experienced.

I'm going to re-do the routing/camera paints and make sure all the trees are in the same seperate layer and try again.
    the only thing I was wondering was if it was a chunk/bounding box issue? I have a few lots that do go across these borders, and I'm a bit worried now that this could be the cause of the problem.

Anyway, I really hope you manage to sort this out, it's such a shame to lose all that work! I'm worried that I'll have to start again, which isn't a prospect I'm looking forward to, particularly as I've been working on it for the past few months now :(

And on top of that, it's been mentioned by another member that Ambitions seems to have stopped their CAW working!

Hope we can get this resolved!

Gaz :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hmm... Well, the ever patient dolldrms has found a place where Claire Ursine was getting stuck, and that was causing her slow down. I've made some changes and will consider uploading v8 when I'm confident that I'm not going to waste testers time.
  • Options
    ClawswpClawswp Posts: 470 New Member
    edited June 2010
    with my world acorn isle, i got random crashes and freezing. couldnt figure it out as sometimes it was ok then othertimes not. i ended up removing all the trees and replacing them with a lesser amount and it seemed to work.
  • Options
    redsilkSimredsilkSim Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2010
    I keep checking back for the updates of riverblossom hills..wishing u luck with it..
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sorry for the lack of updates. I have FINALLY been able to sign onto these forums, hopefully this post will stick. I keep getting the down for maintenance guy whenever I try to post.

With CAW out of commission, I'm drafting plans to seriously revamp RH when the program returns to us world-making junkies. :)

I want to offer profuse apologies to Writin_Reg and others. The lag WAS my fault, it's all but confirmed it was a one-click mound on the the Academy lot causing the slow down. I hope when a new version goes up testers will consider giving the world a spin again, but I understand caution and I certainly do not want to cause any more frustration.

I'll have more info once CAW is back and I can really knuckle down into the world creation aspect.

Users will also be pleased to know I have completely removed Awesomemod from the population process thanks to some changes Twallan of NRaas made to his Porter and DebugEnabler mods. I know some were concerned that Awesomemod was leaving residual bugs, and so it seems responsible for me to avoid it in the creation process, even if story progression doesn't run in EIG.

Take care all, and I hope EA update soon so that I can!

Kiwi_tea.

(EDIT: Yuss!! It posted. Gosh I wish these forums were less buggy!)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    EA have fixed create a world now! so i know thissounds very eager but can we expect version 7 up any time? :D
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited July 2010
    I believe Tea_and_Blues, aka Kiwi_Tea is preparing for a real life class and isn't able to be quite as active on the forums as he would like to be right now. Hence, I'll jump in with a comment, although I have not been hired as spokeperson, lol.

I have been testing Riverblossom Hills Version 7 for a couple of months now, including Ambitions lots done for the world. It is running beautifully since the problem area that was creating the lag was identified and corrected.

Having said that, however, more than likely what will end up posted here will be version 8 rather than 7. He is planning some major revisions in things like the road textures used, utilizing some Twinbrook items and also creating some additional population for it.

In the meantime, if you want to try another prepopulated world, he has updated Niua Simoa, WA version. It is available for download on MTS here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=389287 You don't need the population files, just the 5 parts to reassemble into a .sims3pack.

There are empty shells for the Ambitions lots that will be available as separate downloads once we finish testing them.

You will be in for a cool surprise with Niua Simoa in that Kiwi_Tea learned how to do an introductory fly over like the EA worlds have. Love it!

• Options
    edited July 2010
    thank you so much for explaining it all and i already have that download on my game i love it so much. And i can't wait until this download is avaliable but i understand it needs tested etc. lol my impatience sometimes gets the better of me. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    dlldrms, does Niua Simoa still have CC and skin defaults in it, like it had in the beginning? I thought it was a wonderful looking place, but because of the CC did not ever install it after downloading all of it. I have not been back to it since it first came out as I was under the understanding the residents needed the skins and other CC to look right. As most sims look funky without their CC default skins, I just didn't want to run up to that problem. But I do think it is a very lovely world. At least from the pictures. Hehehe Makes you want to be a sim.

By the way, I'm glad Tea and Blues/Kiwi Tea found the trouble with Riverblossom Hills as I have really missed playing that place and all it's unique personalities - so you can bet I'll be interested in trying it again. I promise to be in a better state of mind - for sure - sorry about being all snarky and such way back when... it was not poor Kiwi Teas fault, poor dear as a lot was going on in the real world when I was trying to test that Sims one, and it seemed just another straw to add to all the ones breaking my camels back . .. if you get my drift?
    Does that even make sense? Oh well, life goes on - well so far anyway (knocks on wood) but hopefully I can give RB Hills another very much missed visit someday in the future. Sounds great you've been playing 7 without a hitch and the new plans sound fabulous. More of Kiwi Teas great Sims would be nice for sure.

Right now I'm playing two other remakes Simsville (which is a new rendition of the original Sims 1 hood)with all their characters and now Strangeville (which is a new rendition of Sims 2 Strangetown and all it's main residents). I love them both. They are both so much better with Sims 3 as well and neither had any problem accepting the Ambitions pack. You should see Olive Spectors as a ghost buster, even though she has a houselot full of her own ghosts - hehe. It's especially funny because the creator made the neice Ophelia have the coward trait, so she faints all the time.

Anyway, will keep my eyes pealed when ever Riverblossom Hills comes back. I assure you, I am not alone in looking forward to it when it happens. Wish Kiwi Tea good luck on the courses he is taking. Thanks - Writn_Reg

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Hi, Writin_Reg! MTS is down right now so I can't check but I believe all cc and skin defaults were removed from the updated, prepopulated WA version. I can tell you that I am not using cc skins at this time and his sims look fabulous in game. I heartily recommend downloading it and giving it a test drive. I think you will enjoy it.

I believe it's also noted on the WA Niua Simoa overview page but you will need to make a quick adjustment to the Tapuwhai residence. The mailbox in front of the gate is too close to the decorative foo lion statue. You will need to make the family active and move the statue one square to the left so the mailbox will function properly.

The empty shell buildings for the Ambitions lots are in place for the world and the real ones to replace them should all be available for download shortly.

I think you are going to fall in love all over again with Riverblossom Hills when it is once again available for testing! My goodness, it was hard to believe that a teeney tiny little dip in the terrain on the martial arts lot caused such an extraordinary lag problem! Once we flatened from the base of those stairs to the walkway and removed a single bamboo tree for good measure, all lag completely stopped. It was an extremely simple fix and RH has run smooth as silk ever since. I actually feel fortunate to have RH installed. I have had a blast with that cast of zany characters and Kiwi_Tea has done a good job on the Ambitions lots for the world. As odd as it may sound, I'm quite taken with the junkyard, lol.

Is the Simsville you're playing the one done by CTNutmegger? If so, I have it installed but haven't played in it very much.

I saw the Strangeville world and am glad to see your opinion of it because I have been thinking of downloading it. Making Olive Spector be a ghost buster and watching Ophelia faint all the time sounds absolutely hilarious.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hi Dlldrms, thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, I'll check that out again sometimes tomorrow at mts then. That would be nice to know that no CC was needed then as I really liked the looks of that place from the beginning.

Great news on RBH as I so miss those crazy characters. Can't wait for their reappearance and new ones to boot.

Yeah I'm sort of gotten a weird fondness for the junkyards too, odd because wouldn't go near one in real life.
    Yes I have that version of the Simsville with a good deal of additional touches here and there.
    Oh if you download Strangeville make sure you get her version of all the Sims. I tweaked a few, but for the most part for CC free sims they are quite nice.

But again thank you, as I like to play a number of different worlds at a time so I never get bored with my games. I always use Sims unique to each town, so I often find myself looking forward to going back to each town just to see what those Sims are up to. But I will indeed check out Kiwi Teas lovely Island world again then. Thanks many times over.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,004 Member
    edited July 2010
    Tea_And_Blues,

Create A World has returned from the grave. I was able to get the new version to work, with the latest patch. Now you can start up again your world now.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hi everyone. Firstly. Thanks Dolldrms for your comments in my absence. I'm 🐸🐸🐸🐸 down in a first week of two courses, and will get back to this in the coming weekend. *Hopefully* I'll have a new version up for testing then, but I can't make guarantees. Unfortunately CAW's absence over my holidays very likely means I'll only be able to post updates on the weekends.

To clarify for Writin_Reg, all the CC was removed from Niua Simoa, although it was never required, only optional default replacements. :) No worries at all, either, I understand the pressures that bear down on us all at times.

I'll keep in touch, but for now until Friday I have work to do. Please take care! I'll post this weekend.

Kiwi_tea.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    THX for replying Tea and Blues. Sounds like you do have a lot heaped on your plate right now for sure. But real life is what matters the most, so I wish you well in your endeavors and courses as well. We will wait patiently for when you can get back to it. I'm just happy to know you got to the bottom of the issues and went at it again, as that is indeed a fun world to play, even for grumpy-heads like I am. hehehe. So when you do get back to it, I'll be there - God willing anyway.

Yeah, I went and got the Island last night finally and hope to install it tonight. I was a bit confused (what else is new, right?) about which one was the right one as MTS has what looks like 3 versions, but come to find out the one that says WA and the updated one seem to give the same download link, so hopefully I have it right. If not, I'll try it again because I really do want to check that place out.

I know it was optional before, but where it said something about defaulting to EA stuff I was afraid I'd end up with a town full of Goopy's or something, and I might be missing some things, so I just opted out and didn't download it period. But I did enjoy the pictures, as it was lovely indeed.

But try it, I will. Anyway, thanks again for replying, and good luck with the courses. Learning new things is always a plus for sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Testing has finally resumed as I have a little bit of free time. Please let me know any issues you have with the world. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    downloaded it, really looking forward to having a go on it, looks absolutely amazing. And just thanks for sharing it :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Deak, it's a labour of love. Let me know how it plays for you!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm so glad this is back in testing! The improvements made and the new families are awesome! :)

So far, V9 is running well and free from problems for me. I haven't had a ton of play time in it yet but will be getting back in today. Really, really nice work and some of the most interesting sims that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    just played on it for a while, and i love it, the terrain and the sculpting of the world is remarkable, i especially love the river, looks really great. the households were really well thought of, with terrific personality traits. i love the houses in the world, the Roth house is a personal favourite. Only minor criticism for me (and this is just my annoyingness talking) is that the graveyard is empty, sorry but i kinda like graveyards in the sims 3 because find it a great place to send cowardly sims (this makes me sound a little freaky) but also to make ghost friends. other than my stupid pickiness i love it so much i will be out of touch with the real world for some time now. And i am very jelous of your creativity and talent, when my worlds look like i sneezed on the screen :) lol. thank you so much for making this downloadable
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Deak, unfortunately when you populate worlds directly you can't include ghosts or mummies because they corrupt, otherwise I'd fill the graveyard. To help populate it, there are quite a few elders in town not too far from dying. One of them is even under the mummy's curse.