Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fidler's Epic Building Challenge (Due Date:03/15/11)

Comments

• Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    edited April 2010
    Love Victorians count me in for the amateur

Hey LiLSapphire,

You're the first entrant. You're Entrant 1

fidlerten
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited April 2010
    I have never come close to making a Victorian before, and WAY out of my comfort zone; but put me down for an entry! :o)
  • Options
    nam24601nam24601 Posts: 650
    edited April 2010
    I'll think I'll give this one a try...but definitely keep me in the amateur category! Victorians and I don't always get along...lol. Out of curiosity, when are where do we find out the results from last months challenge?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have never come close to making a Victorian before, and WAY out of my comfort zone; but put me down for an entry! :o)

Mark,

You're always up for a challenge. LOL!!!

I've got you down for ProEntrant 1

fidlerten
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited April 2010
    >:[ Just as I upload my first Victorian that only took me 4 months
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    nam24601 wrote:
    I'll think I'll give this one a try...but definitely keep me in the amateur category! Victorians and I don't always get along...lol. Out of curiosity, when are where do we find out the results from last months challenge?

nam,

I've got you down as Entrant 2.

I'm still waiting for the results from one more judge and then I'll get busy and playtest after figuring out who the winners are. There's a 10 day grace period after the challenge but we do try to get the results back quicker.

I don't yet know your standing but I should let you know as any of the amateur entrants from last month should know, that if you enter this challenge as an amateur and then you win the gold amateur of last month, I will automatically take you out of the amateur challenge and put you in the pro challenge. You will then be considered a pro from this challenges perspective.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Evergreen,

Does this mean you're entering this challenge with your new house? Let me know.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    fidlerten wrote:

Evergreen,

fidlerten

I can? :shock: I didn't think I could, because in the rules it said it had to be new. If I can...

Link to Media: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/192082.page
    Link to Asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2257966
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Amateur BTW, sorry :D
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited April 2010
    I love building old houses (you might have noticed!) so I'll give this Victorian challenge a go.... amateur.

And I am going to walk away from the American view of victorians!! Rule Britannia!

:D
  • Options
    garbuckle3000garbuckle3000 Posts: 1,840 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, count me in Fid... I have many victorian plans I can base a build on :)
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited April 2010
    :lol: Muhahahaha! YES! A challenge after my own heart....thank you Fid! :D:D:D

I expect tons of entries and I cant wait to see what you guys do...I know it will be amazing.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    fidlerten wrote:

Evergreen,

fidlerten

I can? :shock: I didn't think I could, because in the rules it said it had to be new. If I can...

Link to Media: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/192082.page
    Link to Asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2257966

I took it that you just finished with this one; is that correct? If so, I will allow it.

I've got you down as Entrant 3.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    SmokyTopaz wrote:
    I love building old houses (you might have noticed!) so I'll give this Victorian challenge a go.... amateur.

And I am going to walk away from the American view of victorians!! Rule Britannia!

:D

Hey Smoky,

I've got you down as Entrant 4

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, count me in Fid... I have many victorian plans I can base a build on :)

Hey garbuckle,

I've got you down as ProEntrant 2.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    :lol: Muhahahaha! YES! A challenge after my own heart....thank you Fid! :D:D:D

I expect tons of entries and I cant wait to see what you guys do...I know it will be amazing.

Hi ruthless!

I knew you would be pleased. I dedicate this challenge to you!

I hope there will be tons of entries too.

Also, tm1 will be joining our judging panel for this one as an alternative judge. Peacy has got some school obligations to take care of this month.

fidlerten
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi there fidlerten. My computer got busted last week. My 19" monitor just have the 'White Screen of Death' and my hard disk became undetected. Luckily I retrieved all the files from the busted hard disk and have them now on back-up. I have no Sims game right now and I am at my brother's Primitive PC. I tried installing the game here but it's very slow even in low setting.

The Old Victorian Challenge will run for 1 month so hopefully my PC will get fixed 2 weeks from now or by the first week of May and things will go back to normal for me.

I have a Victorian House sitting in my library for almost half a year now. Nothing inspired me to finish it these past months and I think I am now :) This is the right time to continue it, so Count Me IN!
  • Options
    BonafiedgzBonafiedgz Posts: 501 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Hey Fid, I want to enter this challange! =D

Bonafiedgz
  • Options
    JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to try building a Victorian! This will be the third Sims house I've ever built, so I probably need to be in a pre-amateur category... But I will dive in to the amateur group with this as it should be a good learning experience.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hi there fidlerten. My computer got busted last week. My 19" monitor just have the 'White Screen of Death' and my hard disk became undetected. Luckily I retrieved all the files from the busted hard disk and have them now on back-up. I have no Sims game right now and I am at my brother's Primitive PC. I tried installing the game here but it's very slow even in low setting.

The Old Victorian Challenge will run for 1 month so hopefully my PC will get fixed 2 weeks from now or by the first week of May and things will go back to normal for me.

I have a Victorian House sitting in my library for almost half a year now. Nothing inspired me to finish it these past months and I think I am now :) This is the right time to continue it, so Count Me IN!

Pogi,

I'm sorry about your computer problems. I am happy that you will still be able to enter though.

I've got you down as ProEntrant 3.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bonafiedgz wrote:
    Hey Fid, I want to enter this challange! =D

Bonafiedgz

Bonafiedgz,

You didn't specify if you were entering the pro or amateur. I assume the amateur so I got you down as Entrant 5.

Let me know if that isn't the case.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to try building a Victorian! This will be the third Sims house I've ever built, so I probably need to be in a pre-amateur category... But I will dive in to the amateur group with this as it should be a good learning experience.

Hey JupiterGirl,

I've got you down as Entrant 6,

fidlerten
  • Options
    craigst39craigst39 Posts: 434 Member
    edited April 2010
    hey ill join but i have a question. I dont know if i should enter as pro or amature since i did get 3rd place for best new builder on TSS. Let me know as i dont really consider myself a pro yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    craigst39 wrote:
    hey ill join but i have a question. I dont know if i should enter as pro or amature since i did get 3rd place for best new builder on TSS. Let me know as i dont really consider myself a pro yet.

Hey Craig,

You can do what you want here but I would recommend to start off on your first Fidler's challenge as an amateur.

So, I've taken the liberty to sign you up as Entrant 7.

fidlerten
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Oh! I love Victorians! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for this challenge...so exciting! :D