Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easter Eggs and Secrets

Comments

• Options
    lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    edited June 2009
    My Sim has the HD TV and the channels all mock reg. programs in the U.S. and the characters are Sims 2 characters. The shopping network on the TV sells items from Apartment Life and there are witches as hostesses, so funny. There is a channel on the cooking network and the music is from TS1 Pets. Funny little observation. The gnomes sometimes come when you send a fish out to be mounted or ore to be smelted.
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • Options
    xMaexxxMaexx Posts: 237 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I also noticed that Vincent Skullfinder from MySims has a grave in the Sunset Valley Cemetary =D I got all happy when I saw that, I love finding easter eggs for myself. Has anyone seen his ghost yet? If any of you do, please take a screenshot, I would love to see how they portray him on here =D
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited June 2009
    I think this was a mistake, but the Business / Corporate building in Sunset Valley is called "Doo Peas Corp", and that just doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure the designers meant "Shoo Flee Corp", so thats what I renamed it. :lol:
  • Options
    MoreOrLessMoreOrLess Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Not being rude or anything, but there's already a thread about this sort of stuff which can be found here.

This is supposed to be easter eggs, but w/e
  • Options
    Simmy16Simmy16 Posts: 344 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you look closely inside the Laboratory you can see a Servo-Statue inside! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    WillScarlett66WillScarlett66 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have no idea if someone's already said this, but I saw Ms. Crumplebottom.
    xD
    She didn't hit me with a purse, either.

Yeah, she was one of the first Townies that my Sim spoke to. Turns out she's a Hopeless Romantic in the Sims 3 time period. Wonder what changed to make her so anti-affection?
  • Options
    BaelzianythBaelzianyth Posts: 684 Member
    edited June 2009
    Not so much a secret but a feature I don't remember from the sims 2, but you can actually see the ceiling when you're in a house and have the camera zoomed in.

Kinda makes me wonder about different things you can put up on the ceiling (like fire alarms etc).
    Forum needs a Sympathy option to add to disagree (automatic), Agree (after finding proof of statement elsewhere), Like (not sure what this is for other than sympathy comments to OPs that done a bad), and LOL (at oblivious people posting comments fishing for sympathy).
  • Options
    vixenericavixenerica Posts: 41 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is really interesting, I can't wait to see them all! :)
  • Options
    TaindaTainda Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lmkrivcher wrote:
    My Sim has the HD TV and the channels all mock reg. programs in the U.S. and the characters are Sims 2 characters. The shopping network on the TV sells items from Apartment Life and there are witches as hostesses, so funny. There is a channel on the cooking network and the music is from TS1 Pets. Funny little observation. The gnomes sometimes come when you send a fish out to be mounted or ore to be smelted.

I noticed that one of the shows on the cooking channel is mocking Top Chef. Being a huge Top Chef fan, I loved that!
  • Options
    wicca43wicca43 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Kolby wrote:
    I think this was a mistake, but the Business / Corporate building in Sunset Valley is called "Doo Peas Corp", and that just doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure the designers meant "Shoo Flee Corp", so thats what I renamed it. :lol:

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that, or if it was just me being weird. :D
  • Options
    ArvigArvig Posts: 109 New Member
    edited June 2009
    T3h_b0rg wrote:
    if anyonw watches the hospital show "srubs" youll notice the hospital name is incerdibly similar to that in scrubs.

Scrubs = Sacred heart Hosptial
    Sims3 = Sacred Spleen Hospital

maybe its a spoof on the name? or maybe its pure coincidence. :)

I love scrubs so I immediately thought of Sacred Heart when I saw Sacred Spleen. The Sacred Heart is a religious concept though, so I can imagine it giving it's name to many hospitals and churches etc, so maybe they got it somewhere else... scrubs seems most likely to me :)

We have a IRL Sacred Heart Hospital about 30 miles from my house, I've seen hospitals with a name like that in other cities also.
  • Options
    MoonfaeMoonfae Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My Rockstar sim has had Ghosts drive over and get her autograph.

my sim has collected a actual cockroach (eew! sold that thing fast!)

I actually heard a door and a scampering of feet .. it was my mysterious gnome leaving the room and going to the garden!

in the town you dl at the sims store ( i forget if it's riverview or sunset valley) there is an omni-plant at the science lab at the corner in the back
    .. you can feed it things and then it will produce those things to be harvested .. plants, fruits ...FISH too! wonder if it works on moneybags from the money tree ..?

p.s the crumplebottom legacy:a tale Can be read liek any other book
  • Options
    Verno77Verno77 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My sim painted a picture of a spore creature once.
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Vagabond wrote:
    You can grow cheese!

i gotta try this, what skill lvl does it need?
  • Options
    DanK3670DanK3670 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    MoreOrLess wrote:
    Share the little awsome things you've found!

Mine:
    -There's a book called 'Murder in Pleasantview" by Alexander Goth
    -There's a kids book called 'Where's Bella?'
    -There a park that doesn't show up on the map. It has stone hedges and is located up top. There's tons of exotic butterflies there.
    -There's a mine. In somewhere between Stoney Falls and Pinochle (?) Park. There you can find tons of rocks and in the mine, there's a pair of yellow eyes watching you. Creepy.
    -There're beetles to collect
    -And, obviously, there's the Goths, Langeraks, Landgrabbs, Brokes, Lothario, and Bachlors
    --b]EDIT[/b The TV channels are all made using TS2, it feels like deja-vu watching them :(:D

Add stuff.

I have to find that mine. Cool finds thanks.
  • Options
    MoonfaeMoonfae Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I found the Mine but was dissapointed that i couldnt actually go in it.

I found another book from the catacombs! It's called Game of Thorns

my sim got the ability to grow cheese and eggplants After doing an opportunity at the Bistro. her cooking is lvl 7 and her gardening lvl 9.
    with my other town when i was able to grow them .. by the opportunity from Bistro.. the ability seemed to go away after that first crop . maybe was a bug? idk.
  • Options
    pjchikpjchik Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't know if it was a bug or what, but when I was over near the sports arena, one Sim was constantly wetting himself. He'd get the little toilet thought bubble, do the pee dance, wet himself and then kept doing that cycle. Eventually, there was this little lake of pee around him. When he had to go again, the pee sucked back into him!
  • Options
    misstiamisstia Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    at my sims wedding one of the guests looked like she was throwing rice it was cute
  • Options
    babygemini1986babygemini1986 Posts: 95 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I found out that the big rocks by crystal springs ave carvings in them like cavemen carvings of stick people and ufo's and all. I thought it was cool to find :mrgreen:
  • Options
    StrawberrySwirlStrawberrySwirl Posts: 1,218 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sims SWEAT while exercising!! I thought this was SO adorable!! XD It makes it so realistic!!!

But I think Sims 2 had it too? :\ I do NOT remember XD
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2009
    the computer game the sims play is Madden .(you can clearly tell the one team is steelers not sure on other but think its Jags)
  • Options
    milkewayplayermilkewayplayer Posts: 900 Member
    edited June 2009
    66crush wrote:
    When i moved my sim into a house, before it loaded the house, an option come up saying that my house had been struck by a meteor and would i like to accept the challenge of cleaning it up?

I found that rather interesting!

Not really a 'secret' i suppose, but meh.

I got that option! I accepted it and it was just a bunch of rocks and stuff all over the lot - you couldn't delete them but I think you can sell them ?
  • Options
    AlyssizzleAlyssizzle Posts: 314 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey wait a minute?!

Where are the Lotharios and the Brokes?

I've seen the Langerak's and the Goth's....I miss Brandi and Don Lothario. LOL
  • Options
    AlyssizzleAlyssizzle Posts: 314 New Member
    edited June 2009
    66crush wrote:
    When i moved my sim into a house, before it loaded the house, an option come up saying that my house had been struck by a meteor and would i like to accept the challenge of cleaning it up?

I found that rather interesting!

Not really a 'secret' i suppose, but meh.

I got that option! I accepted it and it was just a bunch of rocks and stuff all over the lot - you couldn't delete them but I think you can sell them ?

LOL @ the meteor...

Yeah, some of those rocks can go for a pretty penny! Especially if you have a sim you don't feel like getting a job for.. lol... making them lazy just have them run around and pick up a few rocks. hahaha
  • Options
    MiraiMirai Posts: 333 Member
    edited June 2009
    Alyssizzle wrote:
    Hey wait a minute?!

Where are the Lotharios and the Brokes?

I've seen the Langerak's and the Goth's....I miss Brandi and Don Lothario. LOL

The Brokes live in Riverview. So does Don Lothario, who appears to have been transported to a granary there via some time travel incident.