Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Victorian Bay 2.0: it is what it is

Comments

• Options
    ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    edited March 2010
    I also had to rename the world file. If that doesn't work for you, do another search for Victorian Bay in explorer. While I was trying to get this working I noticed that if at first you don't rename your world file and you start up a new game, two new Victorian Bay 2.0_objects.package and Victorian Bay2.0_sims.package files are created. You need to delete those files and make sure that you only have one of each as Victorian Bay_objects.package and Victorian Bay_sims.package. My Victorian Bay is working and saving perfectly now.

Edit: I'm not sure if Ruthless is keeping up with this thread but I think it may now be possible for her to fix her upload of Victorian Bay 2.0 without having to recreate the whole world, simply by renaming her files (taking out the 2.0) and then re-uploading.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • Options
    MRoss18451MRoss18451 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Thank you so much for the fix. I was getting real frustrated trying to play this world which I really like. Thanks again :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    edited March 2010
    PERFECTION!!!
    I have been searching and searching for a world like this!
    Awesome job! Can't wait to try it out! :D
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Options
    SeltzerColeSeltzerCole Posts: 88 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Looks like an awesome world. But unfortunetly it won't let me download... I think it might be my virus protection thinking it is some sort of threat. Bleh..

Other than that I like the map and everything, must of taken some time to make.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2010
    Just for the record I reinstalled Victorian Bay 2.0 and followed the instructions GRRanet gave with a few changes - the part about searching for the Victorian Bay world cache object files - well they are not present with just an install. The game does not make them until you actually make the game load the world. So what I did is exactly that - after I applied the changes up to that point of the search, then I started the world up and loaded it into the game. As soon as it was loaded and waiting on me to choose a house I instead just saved the game and then quit. As I know those files are located under my documents, electronic arts, the sims 3, World cache - I went in there and renamed both files by simply removing the 2.0 on each . Then I went to the save file and changed that. Then I rebooted my pc, restarted the game and went back into Victorian Bay but not using that save, but by a new game. This time I loaded one of my families and placed them in a house. I had the sims do a few things and even planned out all the outfits for the dad. Then I did a save as file and just named it Victorian Bay. The program said there was a file already named that and if I just wanted to overwrite it. I said yes. then I quit the game again. Repeated the start up progress and the save was ready for me to play and not grayed out.

Anyway I just thought you should know though that you will only have those 2 files in the World cache after you start up the game, that just installing the world in your game will not place the cache files there. So to avoid confusion for people who have never had this world in their game I figured I would make sure that worked and how to do it for a brand new or first time install. And it works brillantly.

Thank you Grranet.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Grranet31Grranet31 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I am so sorry there was ever any confusion :oops: I am not very good at explaining things and I did try my best. Plus I have a really, really old computer that wont even let me do CAW, and it has Vista on it which is such a pain! So working with Vista files can be different then other versions of windows. I am however so glad that so many of you were able to start with the fix and find a way to make it work for you as well! :wink: Just goes to show you to what lengths we will go to in order to play such a great world!!

~Net

P.S. Thanks not necessary :D seems everyone is finding a way to make the fix work for them. I just budged them in the right direction! :D
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2010
    Grranet,
    You are far too humble. Believe me I was not even about to attempt to reinstall Victorian Bay if I had to jump through all those Vacation hoops to play my save - as beautiful as this place is. I was just patiently willing to wait for Ruth to hopefully get back to it, or just try not to think about it.
    Poor dear Ruthless had such a hard time with her pc and it must have been maddening for her to be without her pc. She is so very talented with those lovely homes.

I have the patience of Saul I guess and believe some things are just worth waiting for. But then i saw your post and said Hmmmm. That just might work. It was at least well worthy of a good old college try anyway.

It was not really a surprise to me that the cache files would not be in World Cache yet, as I pretty much have the mechanics of this game somewhat sorted in my head - so it really didn't take much effort to make the game create them by activating the installed world by starting it up.

Without your guidance I'd probably still be just patiently waiting, but now I have an active world that works the same as all my world work.

Granted right now I'm building up on Mesa Valley as I have plans for that particular World when Ambitions comes out, but I always had Victorian Bay planned for some fully established families - the first ones I started as Legacies with the base game from the original neighborhood. There are bits and pieces in all the families of both Sunset Valley and Riverview as most were 5 or more generations and all have at least one child of the next generation when I saved these in a folder on my desktop. Victorian Bay was the place I wanted them all to live and mingle the genes of the original 2 towns. So between Mesa and now VB, I think I will be quite busy and quite fulfilled and I do indeed thank you. You definitely do not need to apologize for heaven's sake. You did good!!! Just smile and pat yourself on the back.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    debbi2qltsdebbi2qlts Posts: 741 Member
    edited March 2010
    Just wanted to say how much I love Victorian Bay. It's such a cozy place to live in and gorgeous. You houses are adorable.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SimsFreak3774SimsFreak3774 Posts: 75 Member
    edited April 2010
    After following Grranet & Writin_Reg's instructions, I have this wonderful world in my game!!

Ruthless it's stunning and I had no problems playing it or saving. Thank you for sharing your creative talent!!
  • Options
    snuttdisnuttdi Posts: 270 Member
    edited April 2010
    RuthlessK_K!

Hello! It's been such a long time. I've just been popping into the forums recently after a long absence.

I just wanted to thank you for a new version of Victorian Bay and I'll be glad to play it! Your new version looks wonderful...so did the first version!

I just wanted to thank you for your time, effort, creativity, and for such a giving spirit to want to share your world...THANK YOU!
  • Options
    LuckieoneLuckieone Posts: 478 Member
    edited June 2010
    RuthlessK_k

Wow oh wow this is truely a beautiful world you have made, i cannot wait to download this and play it.
    I will have to bookmark this page and get WA, so i can download it.
    I love the beautiful houses and the way you blended them into there surroundings and it's looks just perfect to me.
    Thanks for making this for us to enjoy. :P :P :P :P :P
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited June 2010
    I have played this world since installing Ambitions and it still plays beautifully. I added one 30X20 lot with the world editor for the laundromat and used other existing lots for the rest of the community items.

I had not played in Victorian Bay for a while and it has been fun rediscovering all its charm, :)
  • Options
    MEGHAN17MEGHAN17 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I LOOOOOOOVE your world but I have a problem.
    Everytime I use it the save file gets corrupted.
    Do you think that could be my game or have you had other reports of this?
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited June 2010
    if you read back a couple of pages you will find the answer to this. Someone has found a way to correct the problem.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    cerridyncerridyn Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2010
    This world is beautiful! It doesn't hurt that Victorian architecture is my favorite :mrgreen:

Thx Grranet and Writin_Reg for the instructions that make this playable!
  • Options
    robbyamrobbyam Posts: 607 New Member
    edited June 2010
    looks awesome, did you use medium or small as your world size?
  • Options
    EukaEuka Posts: 192 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi Ruthless, I was just looking at all the worlds and this one caught my eye. I'm downloading it now. It looks beautiful and I can't wait see it in-game.

Thank you. :)
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited January 2011
    Wow!

The town is absolutely beutiful. Great job!
  • Options
    wastewaterwastewater Posts: 13 New Member
    edited January 2011
    How can I download this world? I can't find it!
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited January 2011
    wastewater wrote:
    How can I download this world? I can't find it!

You can find it here http://www.mediafire.com/?giajmmwimtr I think the first post in this topic had a link to the story previewing the town and the last page of the story had the download link
  • Options
    wastewaterwastewater Posts: 13 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Thank you very much! It is a very nice world!
  • Options
    Dreamer32910Dreamer32910 Posts: 1,608
    edited April 2011
    My game is messed up and I had to uninstall everything...and I mean everything. I have been able to reinstall T3 but I cant get WA to install. Why am I telling you this? To explain that Victorian Bay is what it is at this point. I cant go in and fix it...heck..I cant even play it in my own game without WA working properly. So it is what it is for now. At some point I will probably work on a new world but I do not see re doing Vic Bay again. Thank you all for the support and kindess as I have worked on this project. I have learned SO much and I hope to put it to good use making a whole new world at some point, once I can get my game running. :D

story with link for the mediafire DL: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=170110

lots.jpg
    Screenshot-850.jpg
    Screenshot-97.jpg
    Screenshot-8-11.jpgScreenshot-84-3.jpgScreenshot-22-4.jpg

I love the little blue victorian home! Is that in the exchange for download?
  • Options
    Brynn1998Brynn1998 Posts: 262
    edited April 2011
    I am in love with your town, its so beautiful!
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited April 2011
    Grand
  • Options
    C_LeilaniC_Leilani Posts: 258 Member
    edited July 2011
    Your world looks lovely! I just downloaded and I'm ready to play!!
    I checked out your studio too and you have many amazing houses. Rec'd a few in the meantime.

I sent you a friend request BTW.