The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW WORLD: Angel Falls – ONHOLD

I have created a new world called Angel Falls.

UPDATE: World on hold while i correct some issues. Stay tuned...

AngelFalls2.jpg

BACKGROUND:
Angel Falls was discovered by French explorers who instantly fell in love with the island as the earth was ripe and flourishing and the large crystal clear waterfall provided all the drinking water they needed. They named the island Angel Falls after discovering the shape of the island resembled angel wings. They never left.

Over 300 years later the island has grown into a thriving community. The left side of the island was where the explorers first settled so here the buildings are much older and is now more of a farming community due to the fertile land surrounding the waterfall. Over the years the British government heard of this new flourishing land and set up an army base near to the waterfall and claimed the land as their own. Following this, the community spread across to the other side of the island and with it came the construction of a town centre complete with an array of job opportunities and amenities. Angel Falls showcases an array of quaint farm houses reminiscent of France in the middle ages to town houses design rooted in the Victorian era.

World Size: Medium
Size: 52.39 MB
Compatibility: World Adventures

TOTAL LOTS = 78
Community Lots = 29 (including all 16 rabbitholes)
Residential Lots= 49 (including 19 empty lots)

CC: I have used the minimum about of CC in my world- it is mainly stuff from the Sims 3 store to go into the lots, but you can do without this. I would however advise downloading the below so the outside of things look the same (please note that some of the below CC you have to pay for so it really does not matter if you do not have it, it will just look a little different is all):
- http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Cyclonesue/downloads/details/category/sims3-materials-rockstone/title/Cyclonesues Farmhouse Stonework/id/888158/
- http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/alla23/downloads/details/category/sims3-objects/title/Dark-wooden-stair/id/927529/
- http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-lots-residential/title/farmhouse/id/890407/
- http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/AnoeskaB/downloads/details/category/sims3-materials-woods/title/Wood 1/id/888654/
- http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Cyclonesue/downloads/details/category/sims3-materials-masonry/title/Cyclonesues Victorian Brickwork/id/887972/
- http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/tdyannd/downloads/details/category/sims3-materials-rockstone/title/Rock Out/id/888170/

I do hope you will enjoy this world and download it. It has taken me over a month to build and even though I have come up against many barriers, I feel Angel Falls is a good starter island and all-rounder. I have fully tested and have found it all to be in working order, but please let me know if there are any problems…..

Feedback welcome......

AngelFalls-1.jpg
Central Park and City Hall
4.jpg
Angels Falls Beach Club
Screenshot-26.jpg
Primrose Hill Neighbourhood
Screenshot-37.jpg
Primrose Hill Beach Hangout
Screenshot-36.jpg
The French District
Screenshot-58.jpg
Church
Screenshot-55.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Lorenna88Lorenna88 Posts: 1,063 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Can you not upload this to the exchange at all?? Awesome world!!!!!
  • Options
    StarSarahStarSarah Posts: 931 Member
    edited March 2010
    I have tried and tried and tried but it wont upload! I will keep trying though and let you know if i have any luck xx
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    bump
  • Options
    SummerSong86SummerSong86 Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited March 2010
    Well it's lovely from the screen shots but some of the content listed that you advise we get is from TSR and is subscriber only. One appears to be a set of stairs. It is free, nevertheless I don't download from that source for various reasons. If we don't have that content am I going to have to go around replacing stairs manually? Not trying to be a pain, I just never downloaded a world with CC from third party sites and don't know what happens if I install the world and that content isn't there.

All that being said, it really looks gorgeous! I love the backstory, too.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hi SummerSong. I understand your concerns. It is no problem if you do not want to download the CC as the stairs will still show-up, but will just look different. This is the same for all the CC - the items will still be there but will just look a little different :)

I hope this helps are you are still keen to try it xxxx
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2010
    This does look lovely. I love the little house on the hill.

SommerSong, is there something I should know about CC from TSR? I've downloaded a ton of stuff from there.
  • Options
    SimGuruPopTartSimGuruPopTart Posts: 803 SimGuru (retired)
    edited March 2010
    Beautiful World! :) I love how you made it into the shape of wings and the Park & City Hall would probably my Sim's favorite spot. Very pretty. GJ! :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2010
    I downloaded it. Will try it out tonight - after Idol, of course. i only watch a hand full of tv shows and never miss American Idol. Rest of the evening i usually Sim. My hubby is off in his computer room usually playing WOW.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited March 2010
    StarSarah, it looks really nice! Do I recognize some of Sookielee's houses in the fourth screenshot or did you build those? They're so cute!
    SommerSong, is there something I should know about CC from TSR? I've downloaded a ton of stuff from there.
    SommerSong, it would seem the owner of TSR has stooped to some very low levels (including banning members based on PayPal info received from another pay site (RoseSims), whether or not that person had done anything wrong on TSR or not--the info shared was PayPal records that at the very least was a security breach, and at most was fraudulent). Several of the "featured artists" have well-deserved reputations for being extremely mean and nasty (people here think I get cranky sometimes, what some of those FAs have done goes way beyond cranky).

As if that isn't enough, do you know why TSR Workshop was developed? For TS2, TSR got rich on the backs of people like Wes Howe, who developed tools free for everyone to use. None of those developers had the foresight to include a EULA with their tools. The pay site owners would huddle with them, learn how to use the tools, then take everything they learned back to their own sites where even the people who had spent countless hours programming and testing the tools to begin with, couldn't even have access to that stuff. When Wes started working on tools for TS3, he included a strict EULA that forbade their use in the creation of content that would be used as pay content. If it hadn't been for that EULA, TSRW likely never would have been created. As it was, the first pay files at Rose Sims and Peggy's were created with Wes's tools that had a no-pay stipulation in the EULA.

Much of what has gone on I've witnessed first-hand and it wasn't a pretty sight. I won't support a site that does the type of things they have done, and many people, including me, won't use content from TSR (I also refuse to use anything from RoseSims or PeggySims because of them breaking Wes's EULA), even if we can download it free elsewhere, not just because it may be morally wrong, but because we prefer not to give TSR any type of publicity and inadvertently convince someone who doesn't know any better to spend money at TSR. It's the principal of the thing, if you know what I mean. If the only third party site on the internet was TSR I'd stop playing The Sims before I downloaded stuff from that site.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2010
    I can confirm what Regina said as well. A lot of the Simming community are up in arms over some of the things that's been going on with TSR personel and artists since before the Sims 3 came out. When they out right take stuff off of modthesims, post it on their site, and then charge for it - never mind stealing it - well that's just plain wrong. Never mind having the nerve to publicly post secure info about people and accusing them of being theives themselves when I know for a fact several of the people they "exposed" private info didn't even remotely do what TSR accused them of. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black - when TSR were the only ones it has been proven to have stolen anything. Believe me the artist whose work they stole last year was beyond angry and as honorable as they come.

I was with TSR when they first started with Sims 1 and even to this day has a membership, but since they did what they did, I refuse to go there - even though I have friends that still create for them. I have told my friends that as long as they are still there, they won't see me at their personal sites because my respect for them has drastically dwindled. I cannot support even friends who stay with a site that does all TSR has done.

Regina is also right about some of TSR's top artists. You doubt it - try using some of Cyclonesues terrains and other creations without her explicit permission. She'll have your head on a platter in a heart beat. So you use any of their stuff in your creations, you really need to okay it with them and then make darn sure this stuff does not download into peoples games. It does happen. I got a bunch of SA99 stuff (who is Sims Addict over at TSR) in a hood I downloaded last week before the site went down, and i never went to TSR, so this stuff can download this CC without you downloading it. I don't use CC, so I had to spend a fair amount of time removing all this stuff from my game. Apparently some CC will download with worlds just like it's doing in houses with families from the exchange. So beware. I cannot say what will download and what won't but I do know all of SA99's kitchen decor and other decor and some build items - windows and doors had to be removed from my game, as I am determined to be third party content free until EA finds a way for this CC and their game to play without so many conflicts and lag. Nevermind the anger one may ensue if the creators know people are getting this CC without going to TSR. Whether the CC in this world does that i will see tonight as I again have a clean game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Hi guys

Firstly thank you for your feedback on my world. I hope you are able to download it and enjoy it.
    BSIRegina wrote:
    StarSarah, it looks really nice! Do I recognize some of Sookielee's houses in the fourth screenshot or did you build those? They're so cute!

You are right Regina, they are a few of Sookielee's houses. I loved them when i first saw them and could not help downloading them. I have also used a couple of other houses that i have found here and there too, mostly from the exchange here.

Regarding TSR, i had NO idea that all of this had gone on, i am frankly shocked! I am the first to admit i am a paying subscriber of TSR and do download a lot of their stuff which i really enjoy. Also, as you will see above, a few of the things in my world is from TSR which i am now concerned about. If people will not download and play my world becuase i have used a few things from TSR, then please let me know and i am happy to take these things out and re-post the game. I do not agree with what they have done and will be re-thinking my membership

xxx
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    bump
  • Options
    MarcoMuffinMarcoMuffin Posts: 177 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I LOVE IT!

Too bad I can't play it. cause it requires WA.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I LOVE IT!

Too bad I can't play it. cause it requires WA.

Sorry about that MacroMuffin. But so pleased you like it x
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well it looks too fabulous to resist so I just ran a backup of my game. I'll go ahead and install and hope that no TSR content inadvertently got packaged in. If you've run it with no problems then I imagine any CC that does get packaged in should pose no problems. Spring has sprung as far as the dog and my kid are concerned so my Sim time is cut down a bit drastically but I hope to get at least 20 minutes tonight to look things over. I don't know if that's enough time to catch any problems but I should at least get back to tell you how I like the layout and so forth.

I wholeheartedly echo what the other ladies said about TSR. You'll find the subject of them is like the town haunted house. Some people will fearlessly talk openly about the goings on they know about. Others, like me, aren't sure exactly how far the ghosts leave the lot, so we speak in hushed tones and kind of mumble vaguely. LOL!

EDIT: I just noticed it was in a .world format. Even if I put it into a Angel Falls.sim3 folder it's not going to have the same files in the folder as my other saves do. The only folder that has .world files in it is Installed Worlds. I'll try that if your instructions don't work out but I'm not sure I've ever downloaded a world in this format before.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2010
    I think your world looks really lovely, its obvious you've given it a lot of care and thought :)
    However, like the other ladies, I would rather not have anything from TSR included in the download. I find the site distasteful, and from the sounds of it , the folks who run it are even more distasteful. With the exception of one or two wall coverings, I try not to have anything from that site included into my game.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sadly does not work no matter how I try to get it to show up in my game. It's just Angel Falls.world with no additional files. To go into the Saves folder it would need additional files to go within the folder. Maybe you need to upload your saved game folder instead. Is there any way you can upload the Sims3pack to media fire? I think you can still use the option within the game to "Share" as if you were going to put it to the Exchange. But instead it just creates a saved world in Sims3pack format that you can upload anywhere and we can then put into our Downloads folder for proper installation.

Also--and I don't know if this has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with my attempt to install the world or if the forum is just messing with us again, but everything for EA's official site, including all the info on my Welcome page within the launcher is now in Spanish. I checked that I'm logged in as United States with my location. But now EA thinks I speak Spanish. :roll:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    SummerSong - i am so sorry you had trouble downloading the world. I have re-upoaded it and have tested it and this link should def work (fingers crossed) http://www.mediafire.com/?kqm1oymmonk

With this file you should just be able to double click it now to download it to you game. Let me know how you go xxx
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yes, it installed! Going to play it after watching American Idol and doing chores. LOL--My husband and I must keep the same routine as Writin_Reg and her husband do!
  • Options
    LilaLila Posts: 46 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hi StarSarah!

I was so excited to see your wonderful town. It's just the kind of town I've been looking for. I downloaded it a couple of hours ago and have been playing it. The layout and the houses are great. It's been a little laggy for me but that could just be my computer. I do have one issue, and again it could be me, but everyone that goes to Doo Peas (i forgot the name in the game) gets stuck. I have to resetsim every time. Even the townies are getting stuck and there will be between 2-4 all together with only half legs. I really love the town and want to keep playing it. Have you had any issues with this happening? Thanks, and again, it's a beautiful place.

Lila :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Family of Father, Mother and two teen daughters is stuck in 3 Diamond Row. They can't seem to route to ANY buildings. All actions directing them to a any rabbit hole (I tried testing Doo Peas first) gets cancelled and when I go back to check on them they are waving hands in the air like something is blocking their path. I'm in the game now and Alt Tabbing to make the post.

I also experienced exactly what Lila is reporting with another Sim. The Sim was in a house near Diamond Row but was able to get out and about. I sent her to Doo Peas to take a writing class since my test day is a Sunday and her option to work hasn't come up yet. She disappeared into the ground to her knees. There were numerous LONG pauses in the game lasting several minutes where nothing moved both on the way to Doo Peas (the cab froze but sound continued) and once we got there. She was able to take the class but as I was outside the building taking the camera for a look around the lag was just more than I could take. I also noticed what appeared to be outdoor lighting sunk into the ground in the cement outside of the back view of Doo Peas.

I did not have too much lag previously when I sent an unemployed adult and teen sim in to check out the beaches so I think some of the lag was due to employed sims needing the game to spawn coworkers for them. The game spontaneously moved in 3 other sims into town. I'm going to check a fully tested established town I have just to make sure I didn't pick up some faulty cc hairs today.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Jeeze - sorry guys. Obviously Do Peas has some serious issues going on. I will work on them tonight and try to correct everything.

Thank you for your feeback. Let me know if there is anything else as these things have not been showing up for me

xxx
  • Options
    SilverDragon111SilverDragon111 Posts: 6,173 New Member
    edited March 2010
    StarSarah, your world is BEAUTIFUL! I very much love the central park :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thank you SilverDragon. Will you be downloading it and giving it a go? x
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I was just thinking the bad lag and outright pausing I got may have been caused by the Sims in 3 Diamond Row being stuck on their lot and suffering some weird routing issue. The routing issue may only be something you can see in CAW. I don't know if it was due to anything on the lot. They were all out in the yard when it happened so it wasn't something inside the house itself. I've restored my entire game from a backup I had before this world was installed so unfortunately I can't go back in and check for you.