Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aliens vs. Sims - NEW RELEASE: *** SAVE GAME file "40 YEARS LATER" ***

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
August 14 2010: The save file - "40 years later" is available! - please see DOWNLOAD section below for link, and page 4 for info!

March 21 2010: While I'm no longer updating this thread, I still look for feedback, comments and questions, and will of course respond if anyone post.

Aliens landed in Goodville! Play the locals, or play the aliens. Who will transform who?
(NB: A little bit of imagination adds to the fun :lol: )

aliensim.jpg

ALIENS vs. SIMS - TECH: Created on a WA system, but with no use of WA content it should also work on base game only. Goodville comes with 19 residential lots and 11 commercial lots. Many rabbitholes included. Spawners. Riverview is needed to get the townhall.

STATUS Feb 26: A grey button bug reported (not possible to restart a save version of the world), I think it has been fixed. The download is a new version that also comes with a saved game (optional).

Many lots are quite large, most lots are flat, so content can easily be adjusted. The crashed spheres are there to stay forever though, but they are not completely useless. Premade families (both locals and aliens) are available for download on the exchange. See direct links below. These households require WA. If you run the world with only the base game, and upload new alien households, notify me and I'll link them from this thread.

00-a.jpg

DOWNLOADS:

ALIENS vs. SIMS worldfile - download at Mediafire (zip includes a saved game that includes all 6 households).

ALIENS vs. SIMS save file "40 years later" (more aliens - info on page 4) - download at Mediafire (the world file is required, so is WA).

(Save files include the following houses)
HICK household - download at the TheSims3 Exchange
GOOBER household - download at the TheSims3 Exchange
PINEWOOD household - download at the TheSims3 Exchange
3 ALIEN LANDING LOTS WITH ALIENS - download at Mediafire

ALIENS vs. SIMS - THE CONCEPT:
Goodville used to be a quiet and friendly smalltown where most families live quite ordinary lives. No poor sims quarter, no super-poch area, a very low crime rate, not too busy streets. Kids go to the park all alone, elders have not been afraid of teens for decades (well, old Mrs. Nerfous who was afraid, was afraid of everything, but is now resting in her scary grave). Every day is nearly a copy of yesterday; good morning and what a lovely day, dear neighbour!

But this morning the future has crash landed in Goodville! From the kitchen window Mrs. Hick saw the purple fog everywhere! Blinking lights! Police sirens, a few screaming sims running in the streets! She gathered her family, and they tuned into the local radio. Outer space beings had crash landed in Goodville! Everyone was told to lock all doors and stay inside until further notice! Laura was not going to school, Mr. Hick not to the office, and Mrs. Hick would have to cancel her planned walk to Jacob's Park together with her neighbour.

A few hours later the TV news could tell that 4 huge spheres had crashed into town, there were lots of small craters filled with purple slime and something that looked like steaming water. Keep distance! Don't touch! Because the spheres mostly hit open land, only 4 locals were killed. One or two UFOs were observed hanging in the air over Goodville. Was the event this morning an accident, or was the town under attack from outer space? Is Goodville getting invaded by aliens?

The fog is now gone. You must find out if the locals are brave enough to unlock their front doors and to face reality. Or do you rather want to see this from the blue aliens' view - will they try to establish contact with the locals? How will Goodville's future and DNA look after this - WHO will transform WHO?

PLAY INSTRUCTIONS: If you want to play this world like it was intended, there are a few things you must pay attention to when installing it all.
* Download 3 local households and 3 alien landing lots. Or create your own sims.
* Check the street addresses to find the correct lot for each downloaded household.
* Enter all local houses *before* you place the aliens. Check that everyone's boss is generated. If you place aliens, aliens might become bosses. While in a house, lock their doors. This will prevent that sims from non-played houses will wander the streets when you start the game.
* Play a couple days with locked doors, it's different, and occasionally your sim might see a blue alien walking by... Note that with locked doors school and work will be missed, and bills will not be paid. I think 2 days is safe.
* Have fun :-)

ALIENS vs. SIMS - DATES: Released on February 5th. Beta testing have been ongoing January 24 - February 5, many thanks to the testers (check their comments and pictures in this thread).
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    snuttdisnuttdi Posts: 270 Member
    edited January 2010
    Simmerville

Sounds like a good play! Aliens vs Sims... what fun!

I absolutely want to try this world once it's released! Good concept! It sounds good for the movie makers too!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Here are a few pictures from Goodville, the sleepy smalltown where blue aliens crashed this morning. Life will never be the same...

00-c.jpg
  • Options
    mmmcheezy225mmmcheezy225 Posts: 631 Member
    edited January 2010
    I love the concept! :D
    Are all the aliens mean spirited and anti-nice? It'd be an interesting twist as well to throw in some peaceful aliens, and even have a few of the aliens have a secret romance with a few of the humans.
  • Options
    GerardoGerardo Posts: 77 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I want to be a tester for your awesome world. I hope you can get my e-mail soon.

Have a nice weekend!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gerardo: Thank you for signing up, the world file will be sent to you Sunday night (around midnight GMT, or Evening US). Do you have WA installed, or just base game? You will need Riverview to see the townhall, but I believe you can test everything else even if you don't see the townhall.

mmmcheezy225: Thank you! A group of premade aliens will be available, but they must be installedseparately, and simmers who like playing with CAS might want to create their own aliens, with whatever extremes they like. I can't use CC for a downlod like this, but you can use whatever CC you like and probablt come up with better aliens. The premade will have a variety of traits, but most of them are loners, hoping they will not be seen conversating with random locals about food and weather too often;-) But some of the fun here is that in a special setting like this, most everyday interactions will either be strange, scary or plain fun ;-) . There will be plenty ways to play a different plot, you already listed a few.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    More testers wanted! The Aliens vs. Sims world is built with only base game compatible stuff, so it will be extra interesting if someone with only the base game (& Riverview) would try to run it. The zipped file is about 11MB at this stage. Note that the beta file will not be posted here; you need to mail me at aliens-vs-sims@hinsides.no and I'll send it to you.

Here is a new overlook showing the lots better. 22 residential and 9 commercial if I counted them all. There are only 6 prebuilt homes and I'll upload families to 4 of them, giving plenty of room to your own sims and a next generation with a delicate blend of DNA ;-).

00-b.jpg
  • Options
    wkhammwkhamm Posts: 228 Member
    edited January 2010
    I sent you an e-mail, but I just wanted to say on here that I love your concept and your town is completely adorable. If you still need beta testers, please count me in!
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    edited January 2010
    Simmerville,

Interesting premise, too bad you need special mods to upload maps with sims already on them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Simmerville,

Thanks for your advice. I have the base game and the expansion of world adventures installed.

I'm going to test your neighborhood on Monday morning. I love the concept of your town. I'm working in another project but it's going to take more longer.

I can wait for the first testing but I can't wait to play the game.

Have a nice weekend I will be waiting for your e-mail later tonight.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi, and thanks for your comments :-) A mail was just sent to all who signed up for testing. More testers are welcome to join.

Yes, it would be great if a world could be packed with locals, but I think it will be okay if people download the households as extras, too. Some might do that, some might create all the residents themselves. I'll prepare 6 households, 50/50 sims/aliens. For the testing the aliens are rather simple, and I don't really know if there is a point in working more on them, as I actually think many will like to create their own alien race, using CC, which I can't.

The test will regard the world and not so much the story line. It's not needed to play premade houses at all, but I'll pack them in the same zip anyway. The world is small, so it shouldn't take very long to test it, technically.

I've been playing some of the houses lately, mainly to give locals a past that includes skills and jobs. The aliens are in town, and there were already a few funny moments ;-) For some reason they all gathered and headed for the townhall to protest against beetles. They protested for a full day, and everyone else stayed away. Also observed an alien kid who was obviously thinking of BLUE friends ;-)

00-d.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Beta world file & households will be sent out to testers in about 6 hours. You can still sign up for testing, by mailing me (address is posted in the top post).
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    A zip including the world file and 6 households was just sent to all beta testers :-) If you signed up and have not received anything, please post or mail me again. Testers: Please notify me that files are received and you got started testing.
  • Options
    starfall56starfall56 Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2010
    Hey! This is such a cool idea!! I would offer to test it for you, but I have such problems with my launcher that it's a huge pain to install a world, let alone install-uninstall-reinstall (you get the picture! :wink: ). I can't wait for the finished version though. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just letting you know that I've started testing your world. I'm loving it already! ;) I'll e-mail you an update after I've played for a while.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [color="12507a]TESTING PART 1.

screenshot83v.jpg

Well, finally I found time to start testing this awesome world.

NOTES: I got confused with the instructions for installation. I was searching for some lots but I just found the families.

I'm not sure where I need to add the families. I just found a place for each family in order to test the principal functions of the neighborhood.

Here is the screen shot with the complete town and families in the family bin.

guidemap.th.jpg

I'm going to post my observations in order to follow the instructions provided in this thread.
    [/color]
  • Options
    mrslokieemrslokiee Posts: 15 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Hi Simmerville!

I just started testing. I'm starting with Tii Qu for ease. I love it so far! I plan to play through the way you suggested in the mail, then I will make one alien family and one human family and integrate them to see what happens.

My only question so far is, are you meant to go inside the sphere things? If so I can't.

My first comment? Love the effect in the craters!
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,900 Member
    edited January 2010
    What a totally A W E S O M E idea :!:

When we watched Steven Speilberg's Taken on DVD I wanted to do a couple of abductions (it was TS2 at the time see) and blend the alien babies (the males got pregnant remember :lol: ) with some normal Sims and then mix the hybrids.

Was very disappointed when there were no longer alien abductions on TS3.
    Never thought of doing it this way. :P

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Okay I made it through week one with Tii. I had her go shopping at all the stores. She caught a rare zebra butterfly near the spa. I built her a neato house. I had her fish in the pond near the bookstore.

The only issue I encountered that I'm not sure about was that she got charged double for her bills. I am on to the Hicks now though so I will see if they have the same problem.

Off to bed for me now though. Happy simming!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I Solved all the issues that I had with the instructions.

I started to play and I notice that new members are arriving to live in town inside the lots with not homes.

I'm concern with it because those members in town are created by the game and it's difficult to notice the relations of the characters of the town when new members are changing the story life of them.

I'm going to concentrate more in testing how it works following the instructions and ignoring all those new members.

I hope you can add more community lots and more families in those lots in order to eliminate all those new members in each lot.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Wow, first I'm glad you got it installed. I still don't take it for granted that others can install my stuff. Thanks for testing!

Gerardo: Hahja, love your testing picture. Looks like the doors were properly locked by your sim ;-)
    On the overview picture I notice the Riverview townhall is missing, but it doesn't mean much for the testing.
    Sorry that the instructions were a bit long winded. Any way, the most important is to test the hood technically, where the sims live (or if you use your own sims) makes no difference.
    If you test with Story progression off, there should be no new families moving in (I think). You get a better testing with more households though, because you will see if ie sims get stuck in a crowd etc. I understand why they move into empty lots - it's because I added trees on those lots so the game obviously thinks there is a house. To avoid this you can simply rezone those lots to commercial. And I'll get rid of those trees for the final version.

mrslokiee: Did you try all the spheres? I'm pretty sure one of my sims walked inside it, but there is only one without a crater. Try the one next to the business tower. And please keep an eye on the double bill charging. Maybe there was unpaid bills on the lot she came with? I played her for a day on that lot but never paid bills.

NRowe: Thanks, if you don't go for the beta testing, you will get the final version about Feb 10th ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just a little update... I started out with the Pi family. After I noticed that they had no home I went through all the alien families, building them homes, before starting my game. (When I clicked on Qu she was talking to a mailbox, lol.) I did a little bit of cheating to get the Pi family all set and then I moved on to the Goober family. The Goober girl was the first I took out hunting for things. She was able to get everything just fine, except here:

Screenshot-128-1.jpg

I think that's the dome you were talking about. Notice the line in the middle? Alma couldn't go over that to collect things. Here's a better picture:

Screenshot-130-1.jpg

In this picture she's right in front of the point she can't cross.

I had no trouble installing the game and adding the houses. (I added the human houses first, like you asked us to in your second e-mail.) I can't see the town hall either, but that's only because Riverview won't install into my game. I don't know why, but it just refuses to.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wkhamm: Thanks, I wasn't aware of that! It's the same in my game, I'lm looking to find a workaround. It's not blue paint but the sphere, but I think I can fix it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I have the same problem with Riverview. Silly EAxis broke the store content last patch. I can't see anything I bought. So yeah no town hall for me either. I will take some pictures tonight. I play on my 46" TV though so my pics are huge and I need to resize and such.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can't even remember the last time I played the Sims with the aging off. Must have been back in the original days before aging was an option. It feels so foreign. :P

So far so good with the Hicks. I am only a couple Sim days in though. Was the Mom pregnant when you packaged them? They had a baby called Kelly. :P
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I never had so much fun creating a world's thumb ;-) I know it hardly show anything from the world, but those installing it will probably choose it because of the story rather than the street layout anyway.

aliensim.jpg

Blue aliens have landed:
    00-e.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top