Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch: April 16.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 16
    For anyone looking, the new Broken/Updated Mods & CC thread is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mods-CC-Issues/Broken-Obsolete-and-Updated-Sims-4-Mods-1-106-Apr-16-2024-Game/td-p/13649658

I'm looking forward to a shorter one. Many people will still need to find the thread for patch 1.105, because of how huge that was for mods. Earlier threads all have links in this pinned Master Post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mod-CC-Issues/MASTER-POST-Current-and-Common-Mod-CC-Issues/m-p/13437299
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
    edited April 16
    Update 4/16/2024
    PC: 1.106.148.1030 / Mac: 1.106.148.1230
    Console: 1.91

Sul Sul Simmers!

In just a few days, you can get your hands on a fresh fit to wear to the best party on the block. The fun doesn’t stop there; we’ve also got some updates coming your way!

The Sims Team

Bug Fixes

Base Game

Plants that are alive and well will no longer emit green “stink clouds” as if they were dead. Translations related to this fix will be available in the next release!

After enforcing regulations with the Landgraab Power Company, power on a Sim's lot will no longer be unexpectedly shut off when bills are paid in full.

What an identity crisis! Simmers playing in any language besides English will no longer see the First and Last Name panel blank in CAS for Sims that have selected pronouns.

Um, wasn’t this supposed to be a group activity? When doing Group Cooking, all Sims will now participate.

Gallery Server

We have been continually reviewing your Gallery profanity reports, which can be submitted through the The Sims 4 Gallery Profanity Filter
    Feedback survey, and we have been updating the ruleset to allow Simmer freedom while keeping others safe. A couple of highlights include:

Reducing the strictness of how hashtags were handled when listed in specific orders

Maxis-created Sims, even from past Sims games, should no longer be prevented from uploading if you choose to recreate one or more

Eco Lifestyle

We fixed an issue where The Dew Collector was not collecting any water. Now, it will correctly collect water, and the water level will continue to rise.

High School Years

Timestamps are now updated properly on the Social Bunny App. Phew, talk about FOMO!

Horse Ranch

While admirable, Sims will no longer express a desire to level up their Nectar Making skill, when that skill is already maxed out.

Yipee, Horse Riding now helps Sims lose weight!

For Rent

In this economy?! The maximum available rent value will no longer lower after evicting a tenant during a grace period in 11C Sungai Point.

Yikes. Now, this is going to require an audit! Landlords who own a Residential Rental Lot and own a business will no longer have fund transfer issues. Transfers from the business to the household will no longer fail, and money will no longer duplicate household funds when transferring to a business.

Crystal Creations

The shawl sweater from Crystal Creations is now visible when selecting a “Fashion Choice” in CAS filters. Please be advised that wearing this shawl did not grant the power of invisibility.

Realm of Magic

What a conundrum! When aliens abduct Spellcasters, they will now become pregnant and give birth to an alien baby instead of a Sim baby.

Werewolves

Tastes like kibble! After taking the 'Wolf-B-Gone' drink, Sims will no longer have a fury glow still showing.

Updated a series of CAS accessories that were originally showing up for werewolves, even though those accessories were not applicable to werewolves.

Grunge Revival

A texture issue with the chipped nails in Grunge Revival has been updated.

Poolside Splash

Textures on one of the tank tops have been updated to remove some texture bleeding.

Castle Estate

Hear ye, hear ye. All Castle Estate Windows have been updated to show up in the correct wall height categories.

The arrow slit window has been updated to show that it can be placed on curved walls.

The “Heraldic Crest of Yore” and the “The Eavesdropping Llama” have been updated to appear in Outdoor Wall Sculptures. Your castle has never looked better!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1013782/party-essentials-iconic-looks-and-more-bug-fixes#latest

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,346 EA Community Manager
    I never had a chance.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,188 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Will the patch notes be posted? I'm just curious because my game is updating now, and I do like reading them.

Yup, once the patch is confirmed available on all platforms I'll get the notes up, and then Simgirl1010 will beat me to sharing them in this thread.

Thanks! And you're right, she gets you every time. At least you accept your fate. :D

I know my place. 2nd place.

Actually per timestamp you may have beat her by a minute or two :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    There's really not a single bug on the list that I had noticed 😔
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Will the patch notes be posted? I'm just curious because my game is updating now, and I do like reading them.

Yup, once the patch is confirmed available on all platforms I'll get the notes up, and then Simgirl1010 will beat me to sharing them in this thread.

Thanks! And you're right, she gets you every time. At least you accept your fate. :D

I know my place. 2nd place.

Actually per timestamp you may have beat her by a minute or two :D

45 seconds. A true photo finish :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    I meant for that to happen. 😄
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,098 Member
    Any idea if any mods are affected?
  • Options
    BearyBryBearyBry Posts: 88 Member
    So how badly has this patch broken the game?
  • Options
    @Brd709 Luth posted the link to the broken mods threads a few posts back.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 441 Member
    I saw "Gallery" in the patch notes and got excited for a second. My Charlie Brown moment for the day. You win again, Lucy! 😖
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Screenshot-20240416-153204-2.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,437 Member
    edited April 16
    Updated a series of CAS accessories that were originally showing up for werewolves, even though those accessories were not applicable to werewolves.

Oh no. I knew some accessories were showing that weren't meant for werewolves but I didn't mind. So many serious bugs and this is the fix we got, even more limitations for werewolf fashion :(. Some looked a bit weird but I was happy to see more choices. Which ones were removed?
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 647 Member
    Into every Gamer's life some patches must fall...

z4Xc2wH.png
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    Caerfinon wrote: »
    Into every Gamer's life some patches must fall...

FALLOUT REFERENCE DETECTED

dOfK3tK.gif
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 257 Member
    Heads for patch fallout bunker.
    Plays offline for the next few days.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    I don’t use Mods. Has this patch broken anything big?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,914 Member
    Hi @SheriSim57 I don't see any new issues on AHQ so far
  • Options
    Hi @SheriSim57 I don't see any new issues on AHQ so far

Thank you!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,437 Member
    Could someone who already updated please check if werewolves can still wear the scarfs from horse ranch and the necklace with the lock from high school years? Those looked good on werewolves and I'd like to know if they will still be there after I update. The long horse ranch earrings obviously were never meant for werewolves so those make sense to be removed.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I never had a chance.

Better luck next time. I mean, we all know it's never gonna happen but there's nothing wrong with a little encouragement. :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    Heads for patch fallout bunker.
    Plays offline for the next few days.

I had the same plan... As have been for years with patches. But EA App decided to update my game automatically even though I have "Update games automatically" off in my EA App settings. This is so upsetting, I don't want to update my game before I know the update is safe and I have updated my mods, since I have some I just can't remove without it messing my gameplay quite badly. I haven't even opened the App after the update became public and still, somehow, when I did open it, it said the update was complete and my game version has changed. I so hope that since there are settings for this, the plumhole App would work according to them. Too much to ask, apparently, I'm so fed up with nothing working as it should :(
  • Options
    I just heard from Sim Yin that since the patch update some people are missing items from some of the packs. Anybody know if that is because people are using CC or mods? Or if it’s happening in a vanilla game too?

I play vanilla, but played offline last night, decided to wait till I get the new kits to update.

• Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,098 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I just heard from Sim Yin that since the patch update some people are missing items from some of the packs. Anybody know if that is because people are using CC or mods? Or if it’s happening in a vanilla game too?

I play vanilla, but played offline last night, decided to wait till I get the new kits to update.

I've played since the patch and i've not had any warnings about missing or removed items.