Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you guys think it is possible to add half width walls?

GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
edited March 20 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I've always wanted half width walls or 1/2 grid/tile walls. I love building in The Sims, but always felt limited when it comes to placing the walls. Especially if I am following a real life floor plan. The wall width is either too wide or too small. This is where half width walls can help. Sometimes you don't need the full tile wall. Can they add this feature? Or is it too late?

See the photo below to understand what I mean:

l4jWs8C.png

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I have always always ALWAYS want this!

It would make rooms so much more interesting, plus extremely useful for columns or bump-outs, window encasements or a feature wall decor, etc.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    I never thought about it but I would love to have this possibility. It would open up so many possibilities.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,359 Member
    I actually would really like this. I'd like it for fences too.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Yes! I wish we had this feature. It would make creating interesting facades so much easier. Maybe they could had it as an option for people who press a certain key (or combination), similar to placing half-tiles and rotating flooring patterns?
  • Options
    I really wish we had this feature or that it could be added. But I think it might be too late for TS4 to have this feature. :(
    I actually would really like this. I'd like it for fences too.

@GlacierSnow I forgot about fences. That would be cool also!

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Maybe they could had it as an option for people who press a certain key (or combination), similar to placing half-tiles and rotating flooring patterns?

Yes, that would be nice.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,041 Member
    I have wanted this feature since sims 1, but sadly I doubt there is any interest in EA for this. Maybe with more competition they'll add a feature like this for sims 5, but I would be very (happily) surprised if it became a feature for sims 4.

Whether they could add it or not if they wanted to... well of course they could, just like they could add rounded walls. It's a matter of whether they want to.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    If they add half tile walls, then I hope they also add true half tile kitchen counter pieces.
  • Options
    JAL wrote: »
    just like they could add rounded walls. It's a matter of whether they want to.

I love that they added round walls, but they still aren't working properly. At least not the ceiling area where you place the round walls. But yeah, I guess they could add half tile walls if they wanted to. I would be so happy if they did!

crocobaura wrote: »
    If they add half tile walls, then I hope they also add true half tile kitchen counter pieces.

Yes! Also, we will need the half tile foundations, and fences like GlacierSnow mentioned.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I think removal of the grid all together would be great!

Some Sims building innovation is desperately required. It is 2024 after all and we're still building houses like we did back in 2000!
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I’ve wanted half width walls forever as well, but I doubt they would add it at this point as they would probably need to update all other build items except for doors and windows. I don’t think it’s a question of whether it’s possible or if they want to, but whether it’s feasible.