Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Final Months of The Sims Forums, Any Memories/Regrets?

Here we are now. The No-Transfer line has been passed. So now, any posts made won't transfer to the new The Sims Forums. We can still be here until July.

So, with 4 months left (as of making this post) and no comments being transferred, I'll ask you all one thing:

Any regrets? Or any "Forum bucket list" you plan to finish up during the time? Or, perhaps, any fond memories from here you'll cherish?

Let's close up this chapter before we move onwards to the new future, towards (hopefully) bright future.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited March 13
    I think I'll begin.

My one regret is that I still didn't make a profile picture. I was just overthinking how it should be all along. Perhaps I could try to get one during that time...

My fondest memories include the times I made some great discussions that even got to Friday Highlights. Collection of Creepy Things for example. And then the times after I got The Sims 4 Studio downloaded. Its ability to look into tuning files was so exciting that I just couldn't keep that knowledge to myself. Happy to see all of those being transferred in the end.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    edited March 13
    Thank you for creating this thread @EgonVM❤️

My biggest regret was I didn't become an active poster here until February '22. I lurked on here from 2014 or 2015 until then.

My fondest memory is all the friends I've made from various discussions and my story threads. The biggest of those is my Under The Tratosan Sun thread which is where I met most of those friends. All of the friendships that are the closest and the most special to me came from that one thread. That thread and all of those dear friends will be coming along to our new home.

I look forward to adding many more years of fun, love, and friendship to all that we've built here already.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    No regrets lots of memories mostly good. Remembering the beginning and the stories about Will Wright and the original Sims. Thinking of you Writin' Reg <3 Looking forward to the new and all the friends I have made here. Hope you are all going to join in.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    Lots of memories... I think I first came here to find info about mods, and hung around at first for Luth's mod update threads. Then I discovered the WHIYGT thread and was inspired to share my stories and read other's stories. Wackiness ensued. :)

Regrets... not really. ;)

It's been a fun ride. I'm sorry to see this all go.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    gamer_grl16gamer_grl16 Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks for this thread, just logged on to see all of my old posts on my account are gone. Makes me scared for what they will do with the sims 3 community website. I'm gonna go download all of my old files now after this post. My favorite part was being able to see all of the "What would you add to the sims" comments I would make and now laughing at how still, none of them have been implemented. I also loved the community I built around sims 3 home builds. I had my own line of homes I built and would love to visit the simsinteriordesigns.com website and request/download fun modern builds. Its so sad to say goodbye to this forum and makes no sense that they are deleting it in favor of "EA forums", people are still active on here (myself included but now on a new account). Its very sad. :'(
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I think I'll begin.

My one regret is that I still didn't make a profile picture. I was just overthinking how it should be all along. Perhaps I could try to get one during that time...

My fondest memories include the times I made some great discussions that even got to Friday Highlights. Collection of Creepy Things for example. And then the times after I got The Sims 4 Studio downloaded. Its ability to look into tuning files was so exciting that I just couldn't keep that knowledge to myself. Happy to see all of those being transferred in the end.

I think making a profile pic for here would be nice. I hope you do it.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    @DaniRose2143 --- I wish you had been posting a lot for a long time, too! I'm glad I know you now! It's great to make new friends and still have the old friends B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited March 14
    @EgonVM --- My "Forum bucket list" is to tour as many of the threads that I never found that are interesting, as well! It will be fun to go exploring :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 72 Member
    My biggest regret is forgetting my password for my old account. Now everyone thinks I'm brand new but really I've been here since day 1...
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Lots of memories
    Of friends made, help and advice on vexing problems that solved more of them than can count, links to so many helpful reviews that made pack selection a lot easier, introduction to MCCC and how to get it, so many delightful screenshots. word on features didn't know existed -yea debug! Could go on but you get the idea. This has been the place, a gold mine, really, for socializing and valuable information.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    No regrets whatsoever. :) Pretty much the opposite <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Lots of memories
    Of friends made, help and advice on vexing problems that solved more of them than can count, links to so many helpful reviews that made pack selection a lot easier, introduction to MCCC and how to get it, so many delightful screenshots. word on features didn't know existed -yea debug! Could go on but you get the idea. This has been the place, a gold mine, really, for socializing and valuable information.

I’d echo all of this. I’m glad I took the (for me) very bold stop of actually joining in rather than merely lurking. It’s been a good place — not just for finding out stuff (though there’s been a lot of that) but also for being accepted and welcomed into a community of like-minded people.

My regret is that this forum has to close. But I’m hopeful we won’t all lose touch and that we can build and grow this community in our new home.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 14
    Any regrets?

My only real regret is finding this place so late
    as I missed out on lots of fun old threads
    like those epic Strangerville ones

Aside from that I don't think I have much regrets tbh
    okay maybe some regrets about badly worded comments or cringe posts
    sometimes I just get weird sort of bees in my bonnet and forget to think twice before I hit post comment.

Any "Forum bucket list" you plan to finish up during the time?

For now I think I will be posting Simmingals Gemology Adventures on CCSP thread
    and saving copies of those to readd to the thread when new forum is out

After that I think I will go back to my usual save and see if I can conjure a little story of some kind to post once new forum is out
    (unless I am haunted by building spirits that is, in that case I will be obsessively building my worlds instead)

Any fond memories from here you'll cherish?

Way too many to pick ones to share
    I just love this community so much 💚
    I really hope everyone transfers over when the time comes
    because I know it would be sad site without you all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    I regret nothing. 😁
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I'm actually excited about the move. Feels like looking forward to the first day of a new school year. New experiences, possibilities. Hope to see you all on the other side. 😊
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    I'm actually excited about the move. Feels like looking forward to the first day of a new school year. New experiences, possibilities. Hope to see you all on the other side. 😊

Well said, this too :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

Me too! Can’t wait!

I think it’s going to be bigger and better than ever😃

• Options
    me too, @DaniRose2143 B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    No regrets but a lot of nice memories, especially those threads that directed my gameplay into a new direction, or at least a direction I would not have taken without this forum.

I will miss this forum. I have been posting a bit on answer HQ but I don't feel at home there yet.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    A lot of good discussions, shared screenshots and also laughs, not many regrets of what I can recall. I will miss this place, I liked that we could have good discussions on different subjects even if we did not always agree on everything, that feels more rare and rare these days.

We had good discussions about the direction of the franchise, what should be featured in the game, mods, bugs, speculating about the next pack based on hints and much more...

My favorite memories are probably the different screenshots that I created for different threads like "share your sims". I do remember these pictures from the Isn't CAS fun? thread.
    logion wrote: »
    I love creating sims in CAS. Here are some of my favorite sims that I have made in CAS over the years. I took the time to add them all together for these pictures.
    jB26O3r.png
    NpAdLKn.png
    9jyePRz.png
    3EVTyo2.png
    HoDLbP9.png
    TtT3yEl.png

But also funny posts like this one where I got 46 awesome's for posting a silly gif on the Pro Tip thread showcasing how you can interrupt roommates playing the violin in discover university.
    logion wrote: »
    You can get your annoying roommates to stop playing the violin by farting in their vicinity.
    mOpy2n.gif

And many other memories, discussing how gardening actually works in the game with modders explaining how things worked, discussing if journey to batuu is actually a good pack... I'm sure everyone shares the same opinion about that one and more that I probably don't remember.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    No regrets. I’ve enjoyed being active here and sharing bits and pieces of my game with others. One memory I’ll never forget, though, is the way this forum came together to resist the trolls that invaded after the pronouns update. That was quite a Friday night.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I'm going to reminisce here for a while...

Oh, it was 8 years ago when I joined these forums. Oh how it has changed all that time.
    When I first joined, the reactions were Like and LOL. Eventually, Disagree was added, then Insightful, then Awesome, then Disagree was renamed to Zagadoo and then removed, as was LOL reaction too.

The Sims 2 used to have its own Creativity Corner section. I watched the whole Let's Play series on The Sims 2 for PSP there!

And I remember the day when the moderating abilities were accidentally made available to everyone. It was a chaos. I remember a comment saying "If you delete my posts, I'll delete your saves!". It was confusing and funny... Plus you could check who has reacted too! But after some time, the forums were taken down due to maintenance and all that chaos was wiped and users without mod powers...

Or that time after Eco Lifestyle was released when The Sims Team adopted a bee and asked players to name it. Everyone who voted got a badge for it too! I joined in there too.

Or these times when those two community voted stuff packs (laundry and knitting) had its own section. I suggested them to allow knitting behind desks and tables. Didn't make it in-game, but hey, at least the tooltip for why says sorry (I kind of feel like it's directed to me...).

Ah, been here since 2015... Now then, onto seeing what I have bookmarked and noting these down for the next forums!
  • Options
    edited March 14
    @Atreya33 wrote: No regrets but a lot of nice memories, especially those threads that directed my gameplay into a new direction, or at least a direction I would not have taken without this forum.

I found a hashtag on a room on the gallery in April 2017 for one of the forum challenges, and got way way into building --- although, I love to play the game and make Sims in CAS, too B) !
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    @DaniRose2143 --- I wish you had been posting a lot for a long time, too! I'm glad I know you now! It's great to make new friends and still have the old friends B)!

The forum move has been a blessing in disguise. If not for the move I never would have spent time at AHQ and wouldn’t have added several new friends.😊
  • Options
    I totally agree @DaniRose2143 B)! After a day of panicking when the forum closing was first announced, I thought, I'll go over to AHQ and see what's going on over there! To my delight, I found some old friends and made some new friends the first day I was there for non-bug report reasons B)!
    4kkjdXo.png