Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tartosa World Discussion Thead

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I can also vouch that this world rains wayyyy too much! It's winter in my game and it keeps raining. I keep using UI Cheats mod to cheat good weather.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I can also vouch that this world rains wayyyy too much! It's winter in my game and it keeps raining. I keep using UI Cheats mod to cheat good weather.

@alan650111 ohhh my goodness. I was just joking. It's actually still raining in winter? :joy: Thank you for confirming. This is definitely a rainy island ...
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I played a household in Tortosa for about a week and a half, in spring, and it only rained 1 day for me. I've also visited it a couple of times with other households in my rotation without having rain, although the last time it was overcast.

If you get tired of the rain, can't you turn it off in game options? You can always turn it back on again later.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I played a household in Tortosa for about a week and a half, in spring, and it only rained 1 day for me. I've also visited it a couple of times with other households in my rotation without having rain, although the last time it was overcast.

@Stormkeep I guess you are very special, because it rains non-stop on my island. It even rained on the wedding day. I didn't notice the hole in the roof in the wedding venue. Everyone was gathered outside by the piano and pulled out black umbrellas. Then carried them everywhere through the wedding bringing bad luck and maybe more rainstorms to the island.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep I dressed the wedding party beautifully and then because of all the rain, they added black umbrellas to their outfits and carried them around the wedding venue. Here's two of them, bringing bad luck to the groom. I should not have invited the locals from this rainy, cursed island :wink:
    C33vp9H.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Are you sure that's actually indoors? It looks like an inner courtyard which is open to the air and rain above. Looks like it is from the lighting.

Personally, I'd add a glass roof over it if it is and if I planned to have weddings there. I have multiple venues where I can hold weddings, but only one is outdoors because I don't trust weather. :lol:
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Are you sure that's actually indoors? It looks like an inner courtyard which is open to the air and rain above. Looks like it is from the lighting.

Personally, I'd add a glass roof over it if it is and if I planned to have weddings there. I have multiple venues where I can hold weddings, but only one is outdoors because I don't trust weather. :lol:

@Stormkeep Yes there is a hole there in the ceiling. That's the main wedding venue in the game. I didn't try to build my own yet, but adding a glass roof on that one is an excellent idea. Thank you for the suggestion. The problem was that because it rained everyone who was there or walked through there picked up an umbrella and then carried it around inside too. Rain and black umbrellas on the wedding day, poor bride. Luckily they didn't hold them once they sat down for the actual wedding that would have been hilarious though.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @Elliandre, OH! I did actually keep that venue in my game, but I remodeled it so much I didn't recognize it in your photo. I did actually put a glass roof over that courtyard in my remodel. And it's where I put a dance floor and a toasting Champaign bucket. I put the bar inside over along the wall opposite the indoor arch/seating area as well. The only thing I still have outside at that venue is the piano, out in the back, because I don't care if the pianist gets wet. :lol:
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I've had a sim live in Tartosa for some time now. It's a soggy cool to warm all year long. When I want to go to the beach I literally go to Sulani because it's usually not raining there...as opposed to soggy tepid beaches where my sims get chilly swimming quite commonly.

This sim family is also constantly sick, unlike any other before, and I've just rebuilt them a home in Strangerville. The world is, for me personally, extra bland with a lot of puddles.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I took a peek into the tuning files for the weather for Tartosa. It will not snow in winter, ever.

In spring, the chance of guaranteed rain is only 20% with an additional 27% of having a day with a "chance" of rain and a 13% chance of it being cloudy but without rain. So overall, you'll see overcast weather 60% of the time in spring.

Summer weather is very similiar in terms of odds of rain and cloudy days. The only real difference is it can get slightly warmer.

Fall and Winter are actually your best seasons for Sun in Tartosa, but even then not by much, it only reaches 50%.

Keep in mind that weather systems in the game can span days, so if you aren't in the world long term, depending on how the randomness 'rolls' the weather, it can seem that certain weather types are more prevalent than they are in aggregate.

Its a fairly easy thing to use S4S to tune the weather to add weighting to weather types which you prefer, and even remove weather types completely, on a world-by-world basis. Just throwing that out there for anyone willing to use mods; if you know how to read and use cut/copy/paste you could make your own mod to customize the weather however you want.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I went back in my testing game save & got my sim to use the weather machine to get it to snow in Tartosa. It will snow but the snow doesn't go on the ground. So much for playing a climate armageon. :D:p>:)
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

It's always interesting to experience how the 'worlds' connect in another Simmer's mind. There used to be a thread like that. It was pretty cool.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Of the two between Sulani and Tartosa Sulani comes out on top in my opinion. In Tartosa you can't place lots on water,can't snorkle,don't have shark attacks and you can't bathe and woohoo under the waterfall. In Sulani you can.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Of the two between Sulani and Tartosa Sulani comes out on top in my opinion. In Tartosa you can't place lots on water,can't snorkle,don't have shark attacks and you can't bathe and woohoo under the waterfall. In Sulani you can.

Agreed. It seems that Sulani still gives us way more options for a beachy world than Tartosa. That's too bad. I wonder why they chose not to extend the one beach lot out into the water?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Hm, I have only Sulani of the two, but in a way I like that Sulani keeps its status as the optimal beach community. I think the two worlds should be different also in the beach department. I don't mind that the better beaches are in Sulani. I'll still find ways to use the beach lot in Tartosa, probably more in the line of tourist rentable or a beach promenade with outdoor restaurant and souvenirs.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Tartosa is my 2nd favorite Island world after Sulani because it's very beautiful & the sims don't have to constantly clean it up.