Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tartosa World Discussion Thead

Comments

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

The world is gorgeous! ☀️🌊😎
    Definitely considering getting the pack on sale just for my Sims to live there!
    A Mediterranean getaway.

It’s a pity you can’t live in a townhouse in the central square. Also would prefer shops over stalls.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm not the only one looking forward to exploring the lore of the world, right? I mean, I may not care much about the histories of the Premades, but I love learning about new worlds and new cultures. It's one of the things that made me fall in love with Selvadorada and Sulani feel like a miss for me, because the culture of Selvadorada just feels so much more woven into the gameplay, while that of Sulani feels more like set dressing.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I can so see me playing this world a lot in my:
    Ancient Times-Dark Ages game save
    Medieval-Enlightenment game save
    Georgian-Rag Time game saves
    ;):pB)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I went back through the early part of the livestream to check the lot sizes.

c1xPxf0.png

Good bunch of choices!

Omg so many big lots!! 😱😱yesssssssss
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I loved the world. It looked very beautiful. Can't wait to explore. So happy with the lot amount. Will be able to have everything I want without changing what's already there if I don't want to. Going to add a restaurant and make the beach lot a beach. lol.

Wish the beach lot reached the water.

Kind of annoyed none of the lots were located on the actual town center. I always like to have a lot there. Makes community lots feel more part of the action.

Wish one of the stalls sold Mediterranean food. That seems like a very odd oversight. I liked that they had picnic table(going to finally use the cottage living basket) but wish they also added cute little bistro tables and chairs to that area.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    edited February 2022
    DID SOMEONE SAY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!? -eagerly awaits lore-

I do also have some plans for the unoccupied lots. Neither of them wedding venues though. I'm more thinking of a public "park" for the 40x20 lot, (if the beach lot doesn't work) and maybe a camping spot for the 30x30. For those romantic nights out in the forest...

(Or I might just see what others have in mind on the Gallery)

Cam and Dominique are townies? Not even in a household? Aww. I'm going to change that! Also, man they are elder gays. That certianly makes the trailer interesting ...In that it definitely doesn't seem like they lived any time but the present time of now because Sims world is a time bubble :P But hey. My headcanon lore is my headcanon lore.
    Post edited by Handel on
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    edited February 2022
    I see that sims.fandom lists all lots' names. I'm surprised they all sound Italian, it its the vibe of course, but I kind of miss the Simlish touch (probably because I don't speak Italian and any humor flies right above my head).

Do we know that these are the correct names, or did they get it from some regional leak?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Handel wrote: »

I do also have some plans for the unoccupied lots. Neither of them wedding venues though. I'm more thinking of a public "park" for the 40x20 lot, (if the beach lot doesn't work) and maybe a camping spot for the 30x30. For those romantic nights out in the forest...

(Or I might just see what others have in mind on the Gallery)

Cam and Dominique are townies? Not even in a household? Aww. I'm going to change that! Also, man they are elder gays. That certianly makes the trailer interesting ...In that it definitely doesn't seem like they lived any time but the present time of now because Sims world is a time bubble :P But hey. My headcanon lore is my headcanon lore.

A beach lot should work since we have beaches and it will spawn more sims.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Handel wrote: »

Way back in TS2, I made a beach campground lot that was supposed to be vaguely Mediterranean. I loved that lot so much. I think this new world might be a perfect opportunity to recreate it.

I don't remember exactly how I set it up, just that it had tents, campfires, painting easels, and lemon and orange trees everywhere.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I must admit, the world does look nice. I think when this pack goes on sale, I might buy it just for that.
    The beach lots look lovely, and that island lot is very cute.

Does anyone know if you can visit the Lighthouse?
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I must admit, the world does look nice. I think when this pack goes on sale, I might buy it just for that.
    The beach lots look lovely, and that island lot is very cute.

Does anyone know if you can visit the Lighthouse?

The way it looks like graphically, I think it’s only decor. But i hope it will be useable like the world in S4pets
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm going to redo the 30 x 20 rental lot as a wedding venue. I bet it has gorgeous views, similar to the beautiful spot my daughter & son in law married last July. Their wedding venue had these amazing floor to ceiling windows and high ceilings overlooking the valley & lake in their area. It was so pretty that I have to see if I can remake it in a Sims version.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    I’m really excited to see EA’s and other simmers’ venue creations! 🤗👍

I’m not good with building, so I always love checking out the Exchange/Gallery to get some beautiful and cute builds. So I really would love to see what Simmers would do with this pack + past packs! 🥰

Ooh, I can’t wait to see how some occult simmers would make occult-themed wedding venues! 🙂❤️🧜🏼‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚🧜🏻‍♂️🧛🏻‍♀️🧛🏻‍♂️🧙🏻‍♀️🧙🏻‍♂️
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    I see that sims.fandom lists all lots' names. I'm surprised they all sound Italian, it its the vibe of course, but I kind of miss the Simlish touch (probably because I don't speak Italian and any humor flies right above my head).

Do we know that these are the correct names, or did they get it from some regional leak?

They seem to be the correct names. They’re the same as the ones that appear in the live stream when they hover over the various lots. Unless this was just some kind of preliminary map, then all the lots have Italian names except for the one where the household, they played, lives (which was called The Old Wood Nectary) and possibly the one where the other household resides as this wasn’t shown on the stream.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I think the world looks great. I can't wait to see the waterfalls!
  • Options
    rjssim wrote: »

There are 2 waterfall locations the swimmable location and the one behind the bridge. I hope it will be swimmable as welll.
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I wondered if someone on the development team watched Luca and took inspiration from that world because it does look like the town square in Luca.

Luca is set in a set in a fictional town in the Italian Riviera.

I was definitely getting Luca vibes from this new world and I love it.
  • Options
    RitaMaryRitaMary Posts: 51 Member

There are 2 waterfall locations the swimmable location and the one behind the bridge. I hope it will be swimmable as welll.

I hope Sims can also WooHoo in that waterfall 😁
  • Options
    Sati101Sati101 Posts: 43 Member
    I hope you can walk around the lighthouse, it looked like there was a road around it
  • Options
    RitaMary wrote: »

I hope Sims can also WooHoo in that waterfall 😁

It would be nice if they could play under it too sense we don't have pool waterfalls.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I have just 3 complains:

1. This is probably the one and only Southern Europe inspired world in TS4 and we have only 9 lots.
    2. No apartments even as a penthouse.
    3. Some lots as below examples have weird shape.

Why is there a huge margin between plot border and the slope?

wedding35.jpg

Why these lots are not connected to the pavement/road?

wedding74.jpg

wedding2.jpg

The beach area is <chef kiss> My sims definitley will visit this world.

655t7g.gif

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Why is there a huge margin between plot border and the slope?

wedding35.jpg

Why these lots are not connected to the pavement/road?

wedding74.jpg

wedding2.jpg

not only that but I am willing to bet they again didn't add matching terrain paint and its gonna be pain to make anything similar to make it fit in
    just like with henford
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 792 Member
    Greyling wrote: »

They seem to be the correct names. They’re the same as the ones that appear in the live stream when they hover over the various lots. Unless this was just some kind of preliminary map, then all the lots have Italian names except for the one where the household, they played, lives (which was called The Old Wood Nectary) and possibly the one where the other household resides as this wasn’t shown on the stream.

If someone is interested, the Italian places and lot names listed by sims.fandom translate as:

Porto Luminoso = Bright Port/Harbour
    Piccola Luce = Little Light
    Rifugio dei Pirati = Pirates' Shelter
    Baia dell'Amore = Bay of Love
    Via Romanza = Romance* Road (*Romance as in "romance language", not as in "romantic")
    Villa Vigna = Vineyard Villa/Manor
    Celebrazioni d'Amore = Love's Celebrations
    La Coppia Serena = The Serene* Couple (I don't know how common the word "serene" is in English, when used with people it means "calm/peacefull", but it can also be used to indicate a calm and cloudless weather).

Very romantic names, some almost borderline with cheesy, if I can say. I was also surprised by the pirate's one XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Main reason I'm buying this pack. That and the CAS and the slow dancing.
    WbUrFQm.png