Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Assigning Location-Based NPC Roles

First time in mods section. Though still wondering something...

Background.
I'm setting up a save with custom NPC sims. However, I have come upon a roadblock...
With cheats, many NPC jobs can be assigned fine and after making the household inactive and evicting them, they'll appear in their roles fine. However, this is a list of NPC roles that won't work fine:
  • Bartender
    • Bartender wolftown, aka bartender at Moonwood Mill
  • Librarian
  • Gym trainer
  • Bar regular
  • Retail Store employee*
  • Spa Massage Therapist
  • Spa Reflexologist
  • Yoga Instructor
  • Restaurant Chef*
  • Restaurant Server*
  • Restaurant Host*
  • Vet*
    *These ones can be assigned to sims through gameplay fortunately.
These will immediately disappear once you make the household inactive and evict them. Even if you add these careers to them as an NPC, they will shake it off once they go off-lot.

I have reached a conclusion why is it so: these are location-based careers. Those bartenders always appear in the same venues they work in for example. And unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to set the location when using the career cheat. Thus as the career has no location, it'll disappear on the first opportunity.

I could get the sims who are already working in the jobs and remodel them. But I have worked hard on some of my sims, so I came here with hope.

Are there any mods that allow me to put sims into these NPC roles (and set the location for these jobs too)? And if there are, what do I have to do to achieve this result? I have gone through the tuning files, but I'm hesitant to make mods myself...

Thanks in advance!

Comments