Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal Creations Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Some people are getting glitches with the crystal tree but not yet confirmed if it could be mod related.

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 3
    Of course the magic is extremely positive as if the life of the sims wasn't enough perfect.

Nothing to boost the Mean/Mischievous interactions and no cursed jewelry to gift to an enemy.

This is mainly why I wanted to buy the pack. Bummer. 😤

Not related, but this reminded me of a moment I had with Realm of Magic related content.
    TLDR: I had a competition where my sims were dueling with wands for a prize and one of them got a curse that made sims attack her on sight. I did not realize what was happening at the time, but it made for some really interesting game play at the moment.

(copy/paste)
    Marielle has completed all her subjects for the Fall term.
    I had her invite Hermione over so they can become better friends. I was surprised when Hermione came storming in.
    01-02-22_2-54-58_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    And attacks Nanami Ito.
    01-02-22_2-56-25_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

01-02-22_2-58-42_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She lost, but proceeds to attack Nanami two more times.
    01-02-22_2-56-39_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Nanami is like, "WTH, why are you attacking me?"
    01-02-22_3-02-01_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"Blah, blah, blah."
    01-02-22_3-02-18_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I had to have Marielle group up with Hermione and take her out to the courtyard to cool off.
    01-02-22_3-05-49_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I was wondering if this had something to do with their outing at the Three Broomsticks.
    The Slytherins were giving mischief to the Gryffindors.
    01-02-22_3-13-28_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Nanami, being Slytherin, wasn't about to let this incident go.
    A lesson needed to be taught.
    01-02-22_3-13-45_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She challenged her to a dual.
    01-02-22_3-13-52_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Hermione was all for it.
    Marielle was like, "Hermione, this is a bad idea."
    01-02-22_3-14-02_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"Come at me!"
    01-02-22_3-14-18_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

01-02-22_3-14-29_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

01-02-22_3-15-26_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

01-02-22_3-16-28_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

01-02-22_3-16-34_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"I told her it was a bad idea."
    01-02-22_3-16-52_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Hermione and Nanami had some serious negative sentiments for each other now.
    I had Marielle suggest they reconcile and work this out.
    01-02-22_3-17-40_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Hermione agreed and preceded to apologize to Nanani.
    01-02-22_3-17-50_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Nanami wasn't feeling it.
    01-02-22_3-18-04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But she gave in and accepted it.
    01-02-22_3-18-13_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And just like that, they were no longer enemies.
    I realized that maybe I should have kept this drama on the boiler.
    01-02-22_3-18-21_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I later realized why Hermione was attacking her.
    Nanami became cursed from losing so many matches at the dueling competition.
    The curse caused sims to attack her on sight. No one from the household, which was why I had not realized she had been cursed.
    01-02-22_3-19-14_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I found myself disappointed a little because I thought the game was tracking an incident that occurred a couple days ago and it was finally playing out. Nope, just a curse. But it was nice to have a surprise for once.

Anyway, this game could use more cause-and-effect situations that can even show up hours to days later as surprising moments.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 3
    Yeah it would have been nice to have cursed jewellery with bad outcome for villainous gameplay or for those family heirlooms that may not be as lovely as they look

I suppose bugs do make all jewellery rather cursed at the moment though sims seem to be turning into gollum n all :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 719 Member
    My teen distortion was so so so SO bad. LOL. I kept taking the ring off to charge it. Even her head changed shape. I just started laughing and laughing when I took her into CAS and saw how bad it was. I did not even try to fix her.

CrCr is such a game-changer for me that I don't mind starting over. But I am disappointed that I must avoid the buggy parts. I know some bugs never get fixed, but can we be left with distorted bodies from wearing jewelry? I am lucky that I am more interested in gems than jewelry and can focus on that part for now.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
    edited March 3
    It's only the second pack made by Maxis Europe so I won't blame them.

It's difficult to fully understand the source code of a 10 years old game with 75 packs.

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    It's only the second pack made by Maxis Europe so I won't blame them.

It's difficult to know the whole source code of a 10 years old game with 75 packs.

I agree. The packs aren't the problem (this pack looks great and has some fun gameplay). The problem is the quality control department (and its lackthereof). And that's a real shame because it sours these lovely new packs for everyone.

Is it because of crazy spaghetti code at this point (75 packs later)? Perhaps. But either way, they obviously are not budgeted enough to thoroughly bug test these new packs before releasing them to the public.

And to make matters worse, it seems this problem is growing exponentially as each new pack gets released. Which means their quality assurance also needs to grow to meet that demand.... and that's just not happening.

Predatory ads in our game to try to sell us more packs. More packs that continue to break our game. What's wrong with this picture?

Anyone?
    Bueller?

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited March 3
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    These new bug reports with the pack are so disheartening. I'm so glad I developed the habit years ago of starting a new save when a new pack comes out for testing. So far I haven't noticed any of the bugs being reported but I'll definitely start paying better attention. I'm still playing through the pack and having lots of fun with it, but the idea of more game breaking bugs popping up all the time just makes me sad and weary. :cry:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Workaround for the retail lot bug, courtesy of @Ziafar
    This happened to me with books a while ago. What I did is that every time I would put some new stuff in the retail store I would save the store in my Library. Then I would buldoze the store and replace it with the one in my Library. Then the books stayed for sale. Maybe the same would work for jewellery?
    Another user confirmed that it does work for jewelry.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    I am glad that it also works for jewelry. But honestly the workaround is tedious.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    @Simmerville Teens get it more severely, but other age groups get it too. It seems to depend on how many times your sim has worn and removed pieces of crafted jewelry.

This distortion bug is really concerning. Does it also affect young adults?
  • Options
    edited March 6
    This distortion bug is really concerning. Does it also affect young adults?

Every sims are affected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBTUS7kf3c
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Every sims are affected

Does it happen when putting the jewelry on, or just when removing it?

• Options
    edited March 5
    Every sims are affected

Putting on already change the shape, an example is shown @ 12:10 of the video above
  • Options
    Every sims are affected

Putting on already change the shape, an example is shown @ 12:10 of the video above

I might be lucky then. So far it hasn't happened. Gosh, I could cry. I LOVE this pack. The team outdid themselves with the jewelry; everything is gorgeous. But now we have a glitch that makes it unusable. I really hope they patch this ASAP. Distortion bugs are some of the worst.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Every sims are affected

I might be lucky then. So far it hasn't happened. Gosh, I could cry. I LOVE this pack. The team outdid themselves with the jewelry; everything is gorgeous. But now we have a glitch that makes it unusable. I really hope they patch this ASAP. Distortion bugs are some of the worst.

@iliekponiez Is your Sim a YA? I've been playing a new save just to test the Crystal Creations pack since I got it, and my YA Sim has put on and taken off jewelry she crafted herself many many times and still looks exactly the same. So perhaps we've just been lucky, but it hasn't happened to me either.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Every sims are affected

@iliekponiez Is your Sim a YA? I've been playing a new save just to test the Crystal Creations pack since I got it, and my YA Sim has put on and taken off jewelry she crafted herself many many times and still looks exactly the same. So perhaps we've just been lucky, but it hasn't happened to me either.

She is. It seems like YAs aren't as badly affected. I really hope they fix this soon. All ages should be able to wear jewelry without being warped. :(
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    :p I'm done with buying packs for the game until they are done making packs for it.
    I will consider what I will do with the game at that time. I should have stopped at Wedding Stories. I stopped at For Rent instead.
    I stopped buying kits quite awhile ago.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    I would like to know if someone playing CCSP does NOT get the distortion? Is it affecting 100% or is caused by something conflicting? If I knew that just 1 simmer does not have it, then I would not need to avoid playing the main feature of a pack - for the 2nd time in a row...

I didnt get any distortions but I only have YA and As wearing jewelry, no teens.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I would like to know if someone playing CCSP does NOT get the distortion? Is it affecting 100% or is caused by something conflicting? If I knew that just 1 simmer does not have it, then I would not need to avoid playing the main feature of a pack - for the 2nd time in a row...

I didnt get any distortions but I only have YA and As wearing jewelry, no teens.

There is a patch out now, fixing many bugs including the distortion bug.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options

There is a patch out now, fixing many bugs including the distortion bug.

HECK, YES! Thank you, team!
  • Options
    edited March 7
    This is a positive, but I'm putting it here too because it's an update to my previous posts about CCSP bugs

Patch notes: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-3-6-2024

Fixes to these CCSP bugs:
    - the retail bug
    - the distortion bug
    - the bug with sims dying while wearing crafted jewelry
    - the bug with gemstone colors.

Fixes to these basegame bugs created by the last patch:
    - disappearing moodlets
    - various inventory bugs
    - woohoo interests not showing correctly on profile

Among others.

And they gave a nice shoutout to everyone who reported on AHQ! Thank you all!

If no new bugs appear from CCSP after another week (including if this patch didn't create any.....) then I'll probably buy it.

• Options