Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal Creations Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 1
    bang bang bang

So far, no major bug reports!
    Has anyone seen any issues?

bang bang bang

And please give it up for the band!

bang bang bang

Just mod conflicts (no skill gain from books after level 1, can only "design random jewelry" even at a cheated skill level 10, cannot cut crystals or design jewelry). I did a 50:50 yesterday already for a different issue, and now again So tired :(

I am having the same issue, if you figure it please let us know what mod it was. I am doing the same 50\50 and will post back if I figure it out.
    Thanks

@Sara1010P

In my case it was TOOL. I had neglected an update because the description said it fixed something regarding For Rent, what I don't own.

Thanks, I don't have that mod, I am still working on checking them all, I will let you guys know which one is causing my issue when I find it.

Update, I found the mod it was King_Zace 15 clubs per sim. I don't know if it has been updated, haven't had an opportunity to check yet. Phew, I love my mods but had forgotten how time consuming it is to have to update.
    Post edited by Sara1010P on
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    edited March 1
    Why isn't there a matching living room chair to go with the couch? :'(

I don’t know, but that sure is a cute desk chair! It seems like we aren’t getting as many couch/loveseat combinations which I really like for actual living rooms. But this was more of a den pack.
  • Options
    Leanne1989Leanne1989 Posts: 9 New Member
    I love the new Gameplay in Crystal Creations. But I have to say.. I don't like the look of the cutted gems at all, for example to display them in my houses, like I did in the Sims 3. If I compare the beautiful shining gems from the Sims 3 to the (really no sparkling effect /budget texture at all)cutted gems in Sims 4, I really miss that so much.

https://youtu.be/8tBFte7CwqI?si=DbpbX94kc9l7LoK-
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    The only thing I would criticize, so far, is that the pack isn’t tagged in CaS for me. I’m having difficulty finding the items in the sort.
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    Since installing the pack, I have no rock to dig, in any world, it's been a few in game days by now. So, hmmm, well...

I haven't found the dig spots to be overly plentiful, but the usual ones in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek were there when I played yesterday. I haven't had time to check out all the other worlds yet. I wish we could have spawners on our own property. Maybe I'll have my Sim join the scientist career temporarily to dig all the crystals up from the lab and nag the coworkers for more. She did just plant a crystal tree, though, so when it matures, maybe she'll get some good crystals there. Fingers crossed my beautiful tree doesn't return to a dirt mound after first harvest. :smile: That glitch has still been happening to a few of my plants. Not all, which is strange, but some.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    edited March 1
    There is a little squall of new bug reports related to gift-giving and offering of items.

The only one specific to the pack for sure is that using the social pie menu to give a gift of jewelry doesn't fulfill that task in the new aspiration. Clicking on the jewelry in inventory and then "gift to" does work though.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Crystal-Creations-Give-Gift-of-Jewellery-aspiration-step-not/m-p/13529568

The others: offering items at the Secret Society altar, contributing to werewolf pack resources, giving things to specters, gifts getting blocked when there is a painting in the inventory, giving servings of food to toddlers.

Not everyone with these bugs listed which packs they have, but of the people who did list packs, all of them have CCSP.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Perhaps I misunderstood, but I just read through a list of the crystal effects and only one is even remotely negative, and I was certain we were told there'd be negative effects as well. Is it only if the jewelry is poor quality?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    greydonn wrote: Β»
    Perhaps I misunderstood, but I just read through a list of the crystal effects and only one is even remotely negative, and I was certain we were told there'd be negative effects as well. Is it only if the jewelry is poor quality?

Aw, I hope there are more negative effects, I really wanted to play with cursed items. Even if they have to be poor quality, I'll use them. They said they made 1000 jewelry possibilities so I would think they would have included some dark side magic in there. Every positive should have a potential negative to balance out the game. (And keep it from getting too easy and boring.) I know it hasn't been that way, but they should really consider having some ratio of negative effects. Gambles and surprises are what makes the game interesting.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    greydonn wrote: Β»

Yeah, that's my biggest and only negative of this pack so far, as I also wanted some cursed jewelry...
    My Alchemist has mastered gemology and found almost every crystal but no negative effects, except for the one that makes the wearer more agreeable to lending money.

Really disappointed in that...
    My last hope is poorly made jewelry...my alchemist is very gifted and therefore seems to only be able to make excellent stuff, so I'll try it with one of my witches who is rather bad at things, have her be in a bad mood as well when creating jewelry and hope that that may result in something cursed...we'll see...
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited March 2
    There is a little squall of new bug reports related to gift-giving and offering of items.
    The only one specific to the pack for sure is that using the social pie menu to give a gift of jewelry doesn't fulfill that task in the new aspiration. Clicking on the jewelry in inventory and then "gift to" does work though.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Crystal-Creations-Give-Gift-of-Jewellery-aspiration-step-not/m-p/13529568
    @mightysprite The knitting aspiration is the same. The aspiration wants you to use the gifting interaction that comes with the pack. I don't remember whether or not they spell that out in the pop up directions.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Sadly male sims are ignored :(

aa394710.jpgmens_g10.jpg
    a-peri10.jpg71nzie10.jpg
    16469810.jpg

Wait...for real? No masculine designs? Even most of my female Sims don't wear ultra feminine jewelry. Can males at least equip the jewelry?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited March 2
    It's also a missed opportunity to add Medieval jewelry

The Witcher (Netflix)
    dijkst10.jpg
    il_57015.jpg
    2a91f411.jpgil_57016.jpg
    il_57017.jpg

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    Of course the magic is extremely positive as if the life of the sims wasn't enough perfect.

Nothing to boost the Mean/Mischievous interactions and no cursed jewelry to gift to an enemy.
  • Options
    edited March 2
    Selling jewelry in a retail store doesn't work
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CCSP-GTW-For-Sale-jewelry-is-returned-to-Sims-inventory-on/m-p/13529097

Wearing crafted jewelry distorts sims' appearance
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CCSP-Sims-Distorted-after-Using-Selfmade-Jewelry/m-p/13530516

Update on the gifting/inventory bugs: There are now a few reports from people who don't have CCSP. We could guess that Tuesday's patch is what introduced those bugs, not buying the pack.

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited March 2
    @mightysprite This doesn't sound good! I had waited to buy the Gothic kit because of the hood distorting sims' eyes, and I refused to add yet another mod fix to my game. The patch said that glitch had been fixed. Since my game is stable right now, I'd decided to get the kit. But once again, I'll wait. And I haven't bought the Crystal pack yet either. These bugs are too bad and too many!

I know that some of these issues are caused by mod conflicts because players haven't updated or taken a closer look at their load of mods. But many glitches are not even mod related. A couple of days ago, I went through every one of my mods, gradually reinstalling each to make sure none were causing issues. I have just a moderate number of mods/cc, but I really do not want to go through that process again any time soon! No other game I play makes me work so hard just to play it. πŸ˜–
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I would like to know if someone playing CCSP does NOT get the distortion? Is it affecting 100% or is caused by something conflicting? If I knew that just 1 simmer does not have it, then I would not need to avoid playing the main feature of a pack - for the 2nd time in a row...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Of course the magic is extremely positive as if the life of the sims wasn't enough perfect.

Nothing to boost the Mean/Mischievous interactions and no cursed jewelry to gift to an enemy.

This is mainly why I wanted to buy the pack. Bummer. 😀
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 3
    Have not gotten around to new gameplay yet
    but if its the distortion we are dealing with... yeah nope. not risking that. not with my old save full of sims I love.
    I really hope its only when equipping crafted jewellery in live mode since I have not done that yet
    and I really hope its fixed for all saves and as soon as possible
    since it does kind of destroy the whole gameplay of this pack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Where can I find the trailer couples?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Another distortion bug... that's really sad to hear. I haven't been able to play the new pack because I've been house sitting for a few days. Guess I'll continue waiting for a fix.
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I would like to know if someone playing CCSP does NOT get the distortion? Is it affecting 100% or is caused by something conflicting? If I knew that just 1 simmer does not have it, then I would not need to avoid playing the main feature of a pack - for the 2nd time in a row...

It's teens that get the distortion. I have played with 2 different young adult sims, one male and one female, I didn't see the distortion.

I'm working on getting my plants to perfect. Once that's done I plan on testing the immortal ring by using the gremlins lot challenge and having a sim wearing the ring continue repairing after becoming dazed.
  • Options
    edited March 3
    @Simmerville Teens get it more severely, but other age groups get it too. It seems to depend on how many times your sim has worn and removed pieces of crafted jewelry.
  • Options
    Some cut gem shapes don't match the expected color
    Fire opal and Orange topaz look the same as each other in all cut shapes
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CCSP-Mismatched-Gemstone-Swatches-In-Gemstone-Cuts-And-Crafted/m-p/13534746