Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you/did you still buy Crystal Creations? πŸ›’πŸ’’

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    So far, the bugs that will make me wait on purchasing the pack are these two:

Selling jewelry in a retail store doesn't work
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CCSP-GTW-For-Sale-jewelry-is-returned-to-Sims-inventory-on/m-p/13529097

Wearing crafted jewelry distorts sims' appearance
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CCSP-Sims-Distorted-after-Using-Selfmade-Jewelry/m-p/13530516
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Oh my! The cart button saved the Boys!
    If it werent for that button I'd bought that pack and would have ruined them!
    As the elders always say: there's something good in everything πŸ˜…
    508198428364340dd6853363f0afffe26cbd9eb4.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    Oh my! The cart button saved the Boys!
    If it werent for that button I'd bought that pack and would have ruined them!

Woah! So, that button has a use after all! :joy:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I'm still going to buy the pack because I want it. While I'd rather not have the cart button there, it hasn't prevented me from enjoying the game while I'm playing. So long as it doesn't flash a light in my eyes, like the calendar does, it's easy to ignore.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    My vote was tempered by the fact that I don't have the pulsating shopping cart, perhaps because I have all the packs (only missing a couple of kits). Still, it was giving me beginner challenges which I kept deleting.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    i got a mod that remove the cart from view.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not until the cart button is gone and related skullduggery ceased. I have no objection to playing offline as long as necessary. As long as people buy regardless, EA will continue the current practices of shoddy goods and cash grabbing.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    I'll buy happily if there's an emergency patch for the emergency patch this week that removes the button and fixes the disappearing moodlets and the jewellery distortion bug.

The disappearing moodlets issue is the most scary bug I've ever experienced in the game. It makes the lives of my Sims absolutely pointless and has so much potential to break almost anything.

So, there's no point to buy anything with an absolutely unplayable game.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I bought it. Noticed stuff packs are now 20% more expensive (not US). I like the content of the pack and had no problems, but then I did not yet allow any sim to actually wear the jewelry they crafted. So, I'm mostly exploring without really benefiting from what the pack is all about. Hopefully this distorting thing will be fixed shortly, otherwise I think they should withdraw the entire pack until its core feature actually works..
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I'm so disappointed I learned nothing from getting For Rent early and it having such serious bugs. I did a repeat with Crystal Creations because I thought "it's a simple stuff pack, what could go wrong". I was lucky enough to not have the cart button, but then there's the distortion bug and the moodlet bug... Upsetting :(
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Eleri wrote: Β»
    The only thing they should really get under control is the flashing/blinking/whatever the button is doing at the moment (I don't know because I haven't updated my game yet) because it's a health hazard to some players.

@GrumpyGlowfish You know the light that appears on the calendar icon when the calendar updates? The light on the shopping cart icon when the shopping suggestions update is literally the exact same thing. If the calendar light doesn't bother you, the shopping light won't either. I mean the sensory aspect won't. The idea of the shopping icon still might bother you as a matter of principle.
    Thank you for the clarification! Doesn't seem so severe then, I was imagining something much worse, but I'm in no position to judge because I'm not affected either way. Would be interested in hearing from someone who is sensitive to blinking or flashing lights how bad it really is for them.

musteni wrote: Β»
    I'm so disappointed I learned nothing from getting For Rent early and it having such serious bugs. I did a repeat with Crystal Creations because I thought "it's a simple stuff pack, what could go wrong". I was lucky enough to not have the cart button, but then there's the distortion bug and the moodlet bug... Upsetting :(
    Same here, I didn't really think a lot could go wrong with a Stuff Pack, but what's the point of wearing crafted jewellery if it will make your sim look like Frankenstein's monster in the long run. Compared to that, the existence of the shopping cart icon seems like a minor annoyance now. I still want Crystal Creations as soon as possible, but will hold out until modders fix the distortion and moodlet bugs (which will probably happen before EA does anything about it, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong).
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 175 Member
    Thank you for the clarification! Doesn't seem so severe then, I was imagining something much worse, but I'm in no position to judge because I'm not affected either way. Would be interested in hearing from someone who is sensitive to blinking or flashing lights how bad it really is for them.

I mentioned in another thread that I had to step away from the game because I didn't feel good after playing it while having the cart button doing ...things (blinking and flashing). So there definitely was some co-incidence. Until now, I did not play the game since last week when I felt bad.
    Also, I've experienced some bugs unfortunately.

I bought the Crystal Creation pack Friday, to answer the question, because I was really looking forward to the pack. I am still sure I will enjoy it but hopefully they are going to fix the bugs soon and are considering to remove the much discussed cart button.

Big love for the crystal tree, by the way! :love: It looks stunning, especially located at some beach in Sulani at night!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I bought it. Noticed stuff packs are now 20% more expensive (not US). I like the content of the pack and had no problems, but then I did not yet allow any sim to actually wear the jewelry they crafted. So, I'm mostly exploring without really benefiting from what the pack is all about. Hopefully this distorting thing will be fixed shortly, otherwise I think they should withdraw the entire pack until its core feature actually works..

For me the stuff pack price hasn't changed and I'm also outside the US (Europe, prices in €)
    I really want the pack but the current bugs sound to severe (on top of the whole shopping cart issue) I've read that the cut crystals can also be charged and emit the effect so you can get use out of the gameplay that way.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    The cart button doesn't bother me because I'm lucky that I play on pc so I can mod it out if I update and end up with it. I'm going to buy Crystal Creations when they fix the distorted sims bug or a mod comes out for that.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Originally I wasn't going to even buy the pack. After seeing content I really like, I bought it and love it. There is a cart button but it doesn't light up...it's just there. So, no it doesn't bother me. There are too many other bugs that bother me a whole lot more. >:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I was a "buy everything" simmer until For Rent. I regret buying that pack and now am considering not buying any more packs that add gameplay. Not even to make a point, but I think these systems + my laptop may have hit their limit. I'll continue to buy B/B kits as they're small and unlikely to carry game breaking bugs.
  • Options
    MagicPigeonMagicPigeon Posts: 13 New Member
    I don’t like being scammed, so no. Why buy something that will break my game?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I have been on the road and totally forgot that this pack was to be released this soon. There has been two patches, since I got to a place (still not home) wherein I don't have to be in a car for days at a time. Two patches. I'm merely waiting until we finally get home to purchase this pack, bugs and all. I'm so used to having to restart the game after the in-game 'gift' and after turning the mods back on, that if I have to do so for this blinking shopping cart, oh, well. Would I like it permanently fixed. Of course. But it is what it is and that won't stop me from playing. Yeah, I'm that stubborn.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 74 Member
    I really want to buy this pack. Can anyone who has purchased confirm the bugs are worked out?
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited March 10
    I bought the pack as soon as it came out, before I found out about the cart update and skinny teens.

Luckily, I neither have the cart in my game nor got around to playing with Crystal Creations, so none of my teens have wasted away.

If I had the cart, I would definitely boycott buying other packs until it is removed - I am missing a few stuff packs and many kits.

But besides the bugs which come with every pack these days, Crystal Creations is an idea I find really exciting. Nobody saw it coming, it revives part of the base game, and the theme, objects and clothes are just my thing.

I wanted to show my support for this kind of pack first and foremost. So, even if I had the cart, I would still have bought this one, and just passed on any others.
  • Options
    edited March 10
    Hi @MomsBusy here is the update on bugs I know about...
    In my opinion the major ones have been fixed. Take a look at the others and see if they would bother you.
    You can always find these by going to AHQ and typing the pack abbreviation in the search box, in this case CCSP

FIXED BUGS

Distortion from wearing and removing crafted jewelry - FIXED (But there is still a distortion issue with the styling chair from Get Famous and that is affecting even people without the pack)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-CCSP-Sims-Distorted-after-Using-Selfmade-Jewelry/m-p/13530516

Can't sell jewelry at retail - FIXED
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-CCSP-GTW-For-Sale-jewelry-is-returned-to-inventory-on/m-p/13529097

Jewelry can't be worn if sim dies with it on - FIXED
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-CCSP-Jewelry-can-t-be-worn-after-sim-dies-with-it-on/m-p/13535325

Can't sell jewelry on Plopsy - FIXED (But there remains a Plopsy bug if you live in a residential rental)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CCSP-NKSP-Unable-to-Sell-Jewelry-on-Plopsy/m-p/13538355

REMAINING BUGS

Give gift of jewelry doesn't fulfill that step of the new aspiration
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CCSP-Give-Gift-of-Jewellery-aspiration-step-not-being-rewarded/m-p/13529568

There are several bugs with certain jewelry items not having the right colors. Some have been fixed and some not. These seem to be easy fixes so hopefully all will be fixed soon.

Crystal tree turns invisible after a couple of harvests
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CCSP-Crystal-tree-becomes-transparent-invisible/m-p/13533352

Friendship bracelets and crafted jewelry interfere with each other visually
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GRO-CCSP-Jewelry-invisible-with-friendship-bracelet/m-p/13545959

Moonstones generate a constant high pitched ringing sound
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CCSP-High-pitched-sound-from-Moonstone/m-p/13539027

And a few minor bugs that affect only a few people.

I'm planning on buying the pack this week if no new major bugs appear.

• Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    No. Quality assurance is too lackluster.
    he/him Β· read my substack
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 11
    I received code for the pack so I have it
    but I personally would not have spent my simoleons on it
    before I see that the most save/game breaking stuff has been fixed

I just can't lose my old save , builds and sims ... not now anyway
    so I have been kind of lurking about not really playing my game yet

thankfully I had avoided FR thinking there might be big issue with such big new systems
    but this stuff pack really caught me off guard
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I wound up buying the pack and I am glad I did. What a blast! I can't believe how gorgeous all the designs of jewelry they made. Which brings to mind, why couldn't they have done that with the base game? :p

The animations are terrific, reminds me of the great animations in Nifty Knitting. I never play Tomarang, which is a shame...kinda bad that I really love a stuff pack more than an expansion, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Update on the aspiration step of giving jewelry - This way of giving jewelry does fulfill it:
    Friendly > Affection > Offer Jewelry (or Give Jewelry)
    But not any of the other gift giving options.