Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal Creations Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    You're most welcome @FatTribble23. :)

New aspiration.

nE7XWUP.png

uXb9I4t.png

OfM8nSQ.png

As a mix-and-matcher when it comes to aspirations, I'm happy that Crystal Crafter is a multi-stage aspiration again. Thank you for the info @simgirl1010 !
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I feel this pack has it all and then some more. I didn't play sims 3, so can't compare but the level of detail in jewellery crafting looks stunning to me. It's also interesting how they went about wearing the jewellery. I didn't know before the stream that there is an aspiration too, so that was a nice surprise.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    The recent patch day apocalypse and shopping cart controversy aside, I'm still over the moon about this pack! The only other Stuff Pack that ever had me this excited was Paranormal. As I said in an earlier post in another thread, I'm looking forward to combining the two and fighting ghostly home invasions with buffs and encouragement from my very own hand-crafted jewellery. I already have a handful of sims in mind who are destined to become gemologists, and as it happens, my machinima series is nearing a point where this will come in handy as well. All the more reason for me to hope that the bugs will be fixed and mods will be updated so I can get it soon.

I'm also astonished at the amount of content. Knowing how (not) ambitious TS4 usually is, they could easily have given us just the gemology table and a few clothes, without any of the special crystal powers, growable crystal trees or cross-pack compatibility, and called it a day. But they even included crystals and metals from other packs. Reading through the list of crystals and their effects when charged, one thing that's missing in my opinion is a crystal that makes you immune to extreme temperatures, but that's probably just because Seasons didn't come with one. Either way, this looks like a candidate for my top 3 Stuff Packs.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,910 Member
    edited February 29
    Any Swifties in the house?

Lyrics from Taylor's song Delicate
    Is it cool that I said all that?
    Is it chill that you're in my head?

Jyrk9QR.png

Early Access provided by EA/EA Creator Network
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,890 Member
    Any Swifties in the house?

Lyrics from Taylor's song Delicate
    Is it cool that I said all that?
    Is it chill that you're in my head?

Jyrk9QR.png

I love these little Easter eggs the devs scatter throughout the game😁
  • Options
    Haha, I probably would have missed it if not for a video by EnglishSimmer. She's a huge Taylor Swift fan.
  • Options
    It would have gone over my head too but you highlighted a little gem about the game so many simmers enjoy. It’s not just this one, it’s thousands of little Easter eggs waiting for us to discover. I can’t think of one that didn’t at least make me smile. Some made me laugh out loud.😁
  • Options
    I totally forgot to check out CAS and update Isabel's outfits.

Isn't this hair lovely? 😍

Screenshot-20240229-094856-2.png
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    I like the fact that this pack isn’t just about making fancy looking jewelry, but about utilizing Crystals specifically, to create objects and wearables with powerful metaphysical properties. It looks really good in my opinion.

New aspiration.

nE7XWUP.png

uXb9I4t.png

OfM8nSQ.png

The nature aspirations are my favorite ones! Summon the Grimm Reaper? Excellent! ☠️

I won’t buy this pack until some of the current game related issues have been properly addressed, but I’m excited about it. It is on my wishlist for sure!

• Options
    This pack is so engrossing. I'm not normally a 'play the pack' simmer but I can see Julianna & Domino and Hannah, Elliott, and Faith may have to take a back seat for a while.
  • Options
    This pack is so engrossing. I'm not normally a 'play the pack' simmer but I can see Julianna & Domino and Hannah, Elliott, and Faith may have to take a back seat for a while.

I was thinking about your family. Isn’t Faith a spellcaster? This sounds perfect for her.

It’s actually making me think spellcasters are worth taking another look at. I just need to find a way to bring them into one of my stories.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143
    Faith is a toddler. 😄

Julianna, her grandmother, is a Spellcaster. I initially thought about using her but wanted to give Isabel some playing time.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 I knew there was a spellcaster in the family somewhere.😁

The more I hear and see the more I want to try spellcasters again but I have a full plate. I think this pack could finally make them what I wanted them to be from the start.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    There's alot going on in this SP that Im really liking. Feels likes its been awhile since we've had a pack with a concept that was a bit more unique. I probably wont be able to get the pack for awhile (im safely offline for the time being lol) but I might consider getting this at full price. Plus, I do love how elegant and delicate the jewelry looks, since Ive feel like we've needed more jewelry that wasnt so chonky.
  • Options
    I’m having a mini crisis here. The more I think about this pack, and I haven’t even been home yet to play it, it’s exactly what I wanted for spellcasters. Not all spells and potions but nature and energy…and where am I going to find the time to play it.🤪
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 you could always start a new save, create a new character, a Spellcaster, and play her when you want a break from your other two stories. Maybe that'll give you some ideas for incorporating her into one of your existing stories.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 I think I may have a way. I’ve been tying into spellcasting, instead of thinking about, say Londyn using it to help her harness energies to give a better performance in front of the camera. Or maybe Liberty and Matteo using crystals and such to help conceive and start their family.

As you can tell I won’t win any awards for ‘Most Productive Employee’ today.🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,439 Member
    You're most welcome @FatTribble23. :)

New aspiration.

nE7XWUP.png

uXb9I4t.png

OfM8nSQ.png

Thank you sharing. This will be fun for my supersim. I will finish the horse ranch aspiration first. This might take a while because levelling up the horse is a grind. But at some point I will get the pack and she will do the aspiration.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,451 Member
    It would have gone over my head too but you highlighted a little gem about the game so many simmers enjoy. It’s not just this one, it’s thousands of little Easter eggs waiting for us to discover. I can’t think of one that didn’t at least make me smile. Some made me laugh out loud.😁

Like "The Doctors Fez" for chickens (a nod to Dr Gluon) @DaniRose2143 lol??
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 706 Member
    I’m having a mini crisis here. The more I think about this pack, and I haven’t even been home yet to play it, it’s exactly what I wanted for spellcasters. Not all spells and potions but nature and energy…and where am I going to find the time to play it.🤪

Be careful with spellcasters. There is currently a bug that causes your game to crash if you have hover over brooms or wands (and maybe other things) in your sim's inventory. Here's a link to the bug report on AHQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ROM-Brooms-in-inventory-cause-game-crash/m-p/13520953#M271084

• Options
    Starfree wrote: »

Like "The Doctors Fez" for chickens (a nod to Dr Gluon) @DaniRose2143 lol??

When I get home I will have check that out🙂
  • Options
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

Be careful with spellcasters. There is currently a bug that causes your game to crash if you have hover over brooms or wands (and maybe other things) in your sim's inventory. Here's a link to the bug report on AHQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ROM-Brooms-in-inventory-cause-game-crash/m-p/13520953#M271084

Thank you for the warning. I’ll wait a little bit before I try another spellcaster.🙂
  • Options
    Rasia SilverRasia Silver Posts: 101 Member
    OMG! I can't wait to get this pack. My spellcaster is going to love it :). I do have a question for those that do have it. Did EA add this to DU?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,439 Member
    Does anyone know if the unlock cheats for CAS work for this pack as well? They were first introduced introduced in nifty knitting
    (cas.unlockbytag SP17) but also work for paranormal stuff (SP18) , batuu (GP09) and dream home decorator (GP10) if you use the corresponding pack code. It would be great if this was possible for the jewellery as well.