Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal Creations Positive Thoughts Thread

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,477 Member
    I just finally got the pack and have barely started using it so I'm excited, but I noticed that the balconies in San Myshuno aren't considered "outdoors" so I can't charge anything there. Curses! foiled again! :D

I'm wondering if it's possible to make a "charging station" on a community lot. How many hours does it take to charge a piece? I'm thinking of making it a challenge for my Sims. I can finally make use of the empty Moonwood Mills lot, or even put the station on the big bar lot or library there, so Sims will have to brave the realm of Werewolves to get the magic, since there are no random negative effects on the jewelry (such a bummer). I love that other supernatural beings show up on that bar lot too (really wish we had a lot trait for all Occults so we could do this in other community lots!) so it would be fun if my Sims had to spend a night there to get the mystical powers for their jewelry.

I do wish the charges lasted longer though, to make it worth the risk. Does anyone know of a mod that extends the charge time? Would like it if it lasted a week or two.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,962 Member
    edited April 30
    Hi @LiELF !

Babs Builder did a quick test for you, and she was able to go to neighborhood terrain in San Myshuno and place the crystal grid there ("place in world" from inventory). It seems to work. From the tooltip, it looks like 6 hours to charge.
    Screen-Shot-2024-04-30-at-1-17-46-PM.png

So an apartment dweller could easily make crystal-charging one of the many activities that one must leave one's apartment to do ;)

It raises some questions, like, could other sims steal your gemstone while it was charging? Would your sim stay awake and sit by the stone for 6 hours to guard it, would they sleep on a bench right next to it, would they leave it on the ground and go up to their apartment to sleep?
  • Options
    Hi @LiELF !

Babs Builder did a quick test for you, and she was able to go to neighborhood terrain in San Myshuno and place the crystal grid there ("place in world" from inventory). It seems to work. From the tooltip, it looks like 6 hours to charge.

So an apartment dweller could easily make crystal-charging one of the many activities that one must leave one's apartment to do ;)

It raises some questions, like, could other sims steal your gemstone while it was charging? Would your sim stay awake and sit by the stone for 6 hours to guard it, would they sleep on a bench right next to it, would they leave it on the ground and go up to their apartment to sleep?

@mightysprite wow, that's awesome, thank you. I considered trying that but wasn't sure what would happen. I can at least do that but still might make my own "charging challenge" in Moonwood... Just because it's fun. For those days when I just want the quick charge with that household, I can use the city streets. 😊

But I do still think they should patch to allow the balconies to be considered "outside". 😁
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    @LiELF If you use mods--I found one that allows indoor charging. I went looking because there was snow all over my sims' yard with no convenient spot for the grid outside. I just place the grid near a window to pretend it catches moonlight through the glass. 😉

Crystal Grid Indoor Charging
    Quote:
    MTS_RawFish00-2210787-03-03-24_10-17-34PM.png
    "As my Sim lives in a San Myshuno apartment, she can't place items outside, which makes charging gemstones and jewelry impossible. So, I modified the Crystal Grid to allow charging indoors."
    My own setup using the indoor charging mod. (BTW, the grid can be placed on many types of surfaces, not just on the ground or floor.)
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113986&authkey=%21AP8ihU3DFqCZhlQ&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113985&authkey=%21AE2hk2ShC8fSc_8&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,962 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Hi @LiELF !

@mightysprite wow, that's awesome, thank you. I considered trying that but wasn't sure what would happen. I can at least do that but still might make my own "charging challenge" in Moonwood... Just because it's fun. For those days when I just want the quick charge with that household, I can use the city streets. 😊

But I do still think they should patch to allow the balconies to be considered "outside". 😁

@LiELF Agree! I think your idea of a moon-charging hub in Moonwood Mill is really cool
  • Options
    @lanlyn Oh, that's clever and convenient, thank you, I might use it some time.

@mightysprite Thanks! I'm thinking the Werewolves will want to jealously guard the secrets of moon magic but the Spellcasters will want to stake a claim to it as well, so the tension between them is going to increase. Meanwhile, the Vampires will enjoy the drama and take advantage of the focus shifting away from them.

It could be dangerous for a mortal to have to sneak in there to get the charges. But perhaps somewhere there is a small league of mortal monster hunters who seek the power for themselves in order to get an advantage. I've been wanting to put a secret Hunter training ground under a library or museum somewhere. Hmm...
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,707 Member
    edited May 1
    There's a curb alert for the crystal creations couch if anyone is interested
    zQedz1E.png
    https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/zip/d/brooklyn-curb-alert-free-west-elm/7738900814.html
    If it's still there tomorrow I might just grab it.
    It's such a nice couch-it's a shame they did not considering a getting a scratching post for the cat.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,000 Member
    edited May 2
    Aurora's had two harvests now from her crystal tree. The first one gave her an orange topaz and a ruby. The second one only gave her a single turquoise. Her luck is still good when she goes gem hunting in the wild though.n8fAqIu.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2
    Aurora's had two harvests now from her crystal tree. The first one gave her an orange topaz and a ruby. The second one only gave her a single turquoise. Her luck is still good when she goes gem hunting in the wild though.n8fAqIu.png

Hm... that's a lot of work and waiting for just 3 gems? Hopefully you'll harvest more in he future.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,033 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Isabel got around 10 or 11 crystals from her first harvest and subsequent harvests. Mostly rare and uncommon crystals. Did you fertilize the tree?
  • Options
    edited May 2
    @Simmerville @simgirl1010 I think gardening is still broken in my game. Every time I mouse over the tree all of the gardening options are greyed out. It pops up and says things like fertilizer and weeding aren’t needed. It’s rained a lot after she planted it. So that option being greyed out made sense. It’s fall so maybe it’s just bad timing?
  • Options
    I should add that Aurora is only a level 2 in gardening so maybe that’s the problem. She’s just not skilled enough?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,042 Member
    I should add that Aurora is only a level 2 in gardening so maybe that’s the problem. She’s just not skilled enough?

there is the culprit for fertilizing :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,033 Member
    Yeah, Isabel is level 10.
  • Options
    I’ll have to cheat her skill up. 🙂 She doesn’t have time or space for gardening. 😆