Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch February 27 (Emergency Patch Has Released)

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    They still haven't fixed the "expelled teens not being able to reenroll in school" problem. 😭😭
    Come on, you can literally resuscitate a sim but not reenroll in High School ?? That makes no sense. Please fix it, it's taking away all the fun from HSY in my opinion. Especially if, like me, you play with aging off, and have done nothing to get your teens expelled.

Also, the shopping cart feels intrusive, I don't like feeling like I'm being pressured into buying stuff, and usually it has the opposite effect on me.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    The social menu not appearing for certain sims is really baffling. Julianna and Juliette cannot click on any other sim in the household. Hannah still has the social menu for both Julianna and Juliette. They can all interact with the pets, horse, and farm animals.

Well I can verify decreasing the singing skill brings back the social menu. Julianna and Juliette were both maxed in singing skill. Dropped them both down to Level 4 and the social menu returned.

Hopefully they will be able to make an easy hot fix for this then!

Soon! https://twitter.com/TheSimsDirect/status/1762913593195118657

REPRchU.jpeg

@EA_Cade
    Will the mailbox and instrument bug also be taken into consideration? These are blocking me from continueing with my story save right now 🥺
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    The social menu not appearing for certain sims is really baffling. Julianna and Juliette cannot click on any other sim in the household. Hannah still has the social menu for both Julianna and Juliette. They can all interact with the pets, horse, and farm animals.

Well I can verify decreasing the singing skill brings back the social menu. Julianna and Juliette were both maxed in singing skill. Dropped them both down to Level 4 and the social menu returned.

REPRchU.jpeg

@EA_Cade
    Will the mailbox and instrument bug also be taken into consideration? These are blocking me from continueing with my story save right now 🥺

I believe they are all the same bug, anything with a Pie Menu interaction should be resolved when this releases.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited February 28

REPRchU.jpeg

Thank you! :)

At least my sim self's grandson Brian gets a few more days to do a bit more refurbishing so i can reveal his refurbishments to the What Happened in Your Game Today thread.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Please remove the cart entirely. Players spend so much already without being begged for even more.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    My ui where the cart would be is all overlapping, and not exactly easy to navigate.
    MJWcNub.jpg Have yet to see the shopping cart, but hard to play this way.

Last week I finally got the game to load with no last exceptions. Yesterday test running it, I only get last exceptions, even when I take out the mods that they say are an issue. Last last exception, the report said to take out Better Build Buy. It looks like a lot of mods need to be updated.

I really think the shopping cart is a poor choice. If someone likes to play but can't afford all the packs, it's quite awful. It's extremely distracting and takes away from experience. Some have paid a lot of money for all the packs, should not be bombarded with the this flashing advertisement while playing. What about little kids playing family accounts as well. Not good.

I believe this was determined to be caused by better build buy mods from TwistedMexi here.

yeah that was the final report last night. I have to check on it later today.
    Thanks @EA_Cade Not that I'm looking forward to the dreaded cart. Maybe drop the outdated mod back in as a fix 🤣
  • Options
    BearyBryBearyBry Posts: 88 Member
    Man I hate the shopping cart, how to make a cash grabby franchise feel even more cash grabby. Maybe spend more time fixing bugs and broken gameplay instead of wasting time on a feature absolutely no one was asking for.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Sooooooo! When can wee look forward to a patch to patch the patch?
    Another 2 1/2 months?
    Meanwhile our game is pretty much unplayable.
  • Options
    shorty943p wrote: »
    Sooooooo! When can wee look forward to a patch to patch the patch?
    Another 2 1/2 months?
    Meanwhile our game is pretty much unplayable.

An emergency patch is rolling out ASAP. Stay tuned as I believe I'll have more info to share shortly.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Not sure if this is anything to do with the last update but my sim self's household inventory is missing half of it's belongings. When i go to a previous save, all of his belongings in the household inventory are still there. Can MCCC tidy up the household inventory without me knowing or does the game 'tidy up' household inventories in the background?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Emergency patch for social menu just dropped.
  • Options
    edited February 28

Patch is rolling out now on PC (EA app, Epic Games Store) and Xbox.

Steam, Origin, and PlayStation coming soon.

Stay tuned for the notes.
  • Options
    edited February 28

@simgirl1010 @EA_Cade My sim self and his wife can now WooHoo interact with each other again!

And the mailbox works too!
  • Options

Patch is rolling out now on PC (EA app, Epic Games Store) and Xbox.

Steam, Origin, and PlayStation coming soon.

Stay tuned for the notes.

Origin and Steam patches are rolling out now.

PlayStation please hang in there, we're waiting for confirmation from Sony to get the patch to you; we didn't forget about you. <3
  • Options
    Hey all!

The emergency patch notes are now available here.
  • Options
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member

Probably not. 😄
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Pinches nose, holds breath and dives into the deep end again.

PS. wish me luck :D
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    How's the flashing with the Emergency Patch? I haven't patched yet. I'm another player who can't handle anything that is constantly flashing/flickering without it causing severe migraines.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Well, the cart didn't pulsate but the game completely crashed in less than 5 minutes of playtime - no mods/cc at all on a gaming laptop. Think it's a sign that its time to step away for awhile.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member

Sorry @EA_Cade but I think I know which pony to place my bet on for this race. 🐎😉
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Everything working well in my Simland. Mind I didn't have the shopping cart anyways so that point is moot.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    Mailbox is working again which means I can continue with my story save. I have the cart but it's never pulsated for me, thank god. Still annoying whenever I accidentally hover over it when trying to go to Manage Worlds.