Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch February 27 (Emergency Patch Has Released)

Comments

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

F.Y.I. for anyone who is not sure how to play offline.
    First of all make sure auto-updates is disabled!
    A workaround to do that without risking a malicious update is to unplug your DSL cable or log off of Wi-Fi first. Then go in and disable auto-updates in the EA application.

That aside, it's simple to play offline even while having an active internet connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJs4seHPk1k
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    There's a reason I have automatic updates turned off and keep the app in offline mode. Unfortunate for those who can't play in offline mode.

Friendly reminder that EA is not at all responsible for the mods that you put into your game. Expect monthly patches to break them and take measures to avoid patches if you want to wait for mod creators to update. I'm only mentioning this since I saw one angry person on this forum blaming EA for their mods.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I definitely do not want a pulsating shopping cart during gameplay. I did play briefly at some point after the update and I noticed that I had the shopping cart that didn't pulse. I clicked on the cart and it had a message about how this feature isn't available right now. I am pretty certain that I was online. I think that is one version of what they are testing, some of us have the cart without the pulsing or the light.

For my feedback? I definitely do not want a pulsating icon encouraging me to buy packs during gameplay, that is annoying. I don't want in-game shopping for the packs. I would rather not have the shopping cart in-game at all. I'm fine with having info about packs on the homepage that I can click on if I want to. I don't love the pop-up ads that require being clicked through to get to the gameplay button.

I do not want shopping for packs to intrude on gameplay, I would be annoyed by that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    There's a reason I have automatic updates turned off and keep the app in offline mode. Unfortunate for those who can't play in offline mode.

Friendly reminder that EA is not at all responsible for the mods that you put into your game. Expect monthly patches to break them and take measures to avoid patches if you want to wait for mod creators to update. I'm only mentioning this since I saw one angry person on this forum blaming EA for their mods.

Given that apparently they've made a change so fundamental that it's broken tons of mods if one doesn't own all the packs, I don't know if that's totally out of line this time. Yeah, EA disavows responsibility for mods... which would be reasonable if EA also didn't rely so heavily on the modding community to fix the bugs they evidently can't be bothered to address.

It seems that this patch may be the breaking point for many of us for many reasons.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited February 28
    lanlyn wrote: »
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113782&authkey=%21AGOpqPk983RVOcE&width=500&height=130
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113781&authkey=%21ABx44Oa_V7zQBYo&width=500&height=67

@lanlyn @columbia93 For some people this glitch is caused by an outdated mod that affects the UI, like Better Build Buy or UI Cheats.
    I saw crinrict mentioned a post from someone on console (can't have mods) who had this glitch but I can't find the post atm
    Please check the thread here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GUI-in-upper-right-corner-messed-up/m-p/13522053
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    On the AHQ thread, there's a solution that suggests changing the singing skill brings back the social menus for affected sims. Could the singing skill broken?
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    edited February 28
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Meet Cart Buttons!💚
    SVl417q.png

I think they should have evil and hates children trait too though
    but materialistic self absorbed dance machine felt about right

qLB3W76.png

lmao this is the best post I've ever seen. Please upload her to the gallery.

This patch seems to have bugged more than it's fixed. Yay. We have holidays now. Unfortunately we can't celebrate any of them! XD And for rent isn't completely fixed either, I've heard. I'm pretty sure whatever bug was corrupting saves is still around, but if anyone knows otherwise please lmk.

And about the cart-ugh. I don't think the pulsating will effect my eye problems, but I know it'll effect others. Implementing this was a horrible idea all around.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    On the AHQ thread, there's a solution that suggests changing the singing skill brings back the social menus for affected sims. Could the singing skill broken?

I don't think the singing skill is broken, just the pie menu. It works fine upto a certain level. Maybe they intended to add some new options after that level and somehow broke it.
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I really really hope they bring out a hotfix for the problem with the pie menus and being unable to click on any NPC/NPC objects. I am trying to play with my Supersim but it is making it completely unplayable. I will put up with the pulsating shopping cart for a while if they could just fix this!
  • Options

Given that apparently they've made a change so fundamental that it's broken tons of mods if one doesn't own all the packs, I don't know if that's totally out of line this time. Yeah, EA disavows responsibility for mods... which would be reasonable if EA also didn't rely so heavily on the modding community to fix the bugs they evidently can't be bothered to address.

It seems that this patch may be the breaking point for many of us for many reasons.

Yes, patches almost always break more than they fix and a lot of us rely on mods to fix these bugs when possible. As someone who uses mods, I still don't feel they need to tip toe to avoid breaking mods.

agree to disagree
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    Meet Cart Buttons!💚
    SVl417q.png

qLB3W76.png

Will do first thing tomorrow :)
    kind of tempted to create some pals but will see
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options

Yes, patches almost always break more than they fix and a lot of us rely on mods to fix these bugs when possible. As someone who uses mods, I still don't feel they need to tip toe to avoid breaking mods.

agree to disagree

Ordinarily, I would agree with you... but a change that impacts mods if players don't own all the packs, on top of the "bouncing shopping cart" trying to get us to buy all the packs just strikes a sour note with me. I don't think it's actually a sinister plot... just an unfortunate confluence of circumstances... but I do think, in this instance, it's a bit too much all at once.

As you say, agree to disagree.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    Meet Cart Buttons!💚
    SVl417q.png

qLB3W76.png

Will do first thing tomorrow :)
    kind of tempted to create some pals but will see

Awesome!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options

agree to disagree

Ordinarily, I would agree with you... but a change that impacts mods if players don't own all the packs, on top of the "bouncing shopping cart" trying to get us to buy all the packs just strikes a sour note with me. I don't think it's actually a sinister plot... just an unfortunate confluence of circumstances... but I do think, in this instance, it's a bit too much all at once.

As you say, agree to disagree.

I don't agree with the shopping cart business either. It was quite the eyesore in S3.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 174 Member
    edited February 28
    I did completely forget about this update, but now I am here and my game is kind of broken. Something never happened to me before, well thanks... :rage: the thing is: I can't klick neither on my own Sim, nor onto others, just nothing happens. Nothing shows up, no interaction possible. But the weird thing is: I am experiencing this problem only when controlling one Sim, my favorite one unfortunately, the others when controlled have all interaction options... what can I do to fix my favorite one? :disappointed:

Edited to add: Okay, I read somewhere it was about the singing skill and since my favorite Sim has maximized his skill I cheated it down to 4... now everything works (and it explains a lot, because the other Sims can't sing that well)... please fix this :cry:
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    edited February 28
    My ui where the cart would be is all overlapping, and not exactly easy to navigate.
    MJWcNub.jpg Have yet to see the shopping cart, but hard to play this way.

Last week I finally got the game to load with no last exceptions. Yesterday test running it, I only get last exceptions, even when I take out the mods that they say are an issue. Last last exception, the report said to take out Better Build Buy. It looks like a lot of mods need to be updated.

I really think the shopping cart is a poor choice. If someone likes to play but can't afford all the packs, it's quite awful. It's extremely distracting and takes away from experience. Some have paid a lot of money for all the packs, should not be bombarded with the this flashing advertisement while playing. What about little kids playing family accounts as well. Not good.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    My ui where the cart would be is all overlapping, and not exactly easy to navigate.
    MJWcNub.jpg Have yet to see the shopping cart, but hard to play this way.

Last week I finally got the game to load with no last exceptions. Yesterday test running it, I only get last exceptions, even when I take out the mods that they say are an issue. Last last exception, the report said to take out Better Build Buy. It looks like a lot of mods need to be updated.

I really think the shopping cart is a poor choice. If someone likes to play but can't afford all the packs, it's quite awful. It's extremely distracting and takes away from experience. Some have paid a lot of money for all the packs, should not be bombarded with the this flashing advertisement while playing. What about little kids playing family accounts as well. Not good.

I believe this was determined to be caused by better build buy mods from TwistedMexi here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    That singing skill thing is the second most absurd bug in the history of the Sims (the most absurd was teenagers tip-toeing forever after breaking curfew in TS3).
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited February 28
    Meet Cart Buttons!💚
    SVl417q.png

qLB3W76.png

Too funny!….. lol
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member

The social menu not appearing for certain sims is really baffling. Julianna and Juliette cannot click on any other sim in the household. Hannah still has the social menu for both Julianna and Juliette. They can all interact with the pets, horse, and farm animals.

Well I can verify decreasing the singing skill brings back the social menu. Julianna and Juliette were both maxed in singing skill. Dropped them both down to Level 4 and the social menu returned.

Hopefully they will be able to make an easy hot fix for this then!
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    So I have a question, what does "all the packs" mean? As in EP, GP, SP and all of the kits? Or just all EPs, or EPs+GPs or everything with the word pack in it but not kits?

I haven't dared touch my main save yet, or start playing. I am sticking to building right now but I do want to play. I do also want to add that I too hate the shopping cart. It's not even the blinking, which I haven't gotten that much of (I have almost everything), but it's invasive and to be frank, offensive.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    edited February 28
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    The social menu not appearing for certain sims is really baffling. Julianna and Juliette cannot click on any other sim in the household. Hannah still has the social menu for both Julianna and Juliette. They can all interact with the pets, horse, and farm animals.

Well I can verify decreasing the singing skill brings back the social menu. Julianna and Juliette were both maxed in singing skill. Dropped them both down to Level 4 and the social menu returned.

Hopefully they will be able to make an easy hot fix for this then!

Soon! https://twitter.com/TheSimsDirect/status/1762913593195118657

REPRchU.jpeg
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Leaving entirely aside how amazingly opposed to this "shopping cart" I am, I have a question...
    In this update you might see a new button in the top right corner of your screen.
    • This cart emblazoned button has many uses ranging from sharing pack offers and sales information to recommending packs you might be interested in. All accessible without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes.

OK, so we have a button to buy expansions in the in-game UI, "without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes" ... but can one actually download, install and use those expansions without "without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes"?

Anyone know? @EA_Cade?

@EA_Cade, I know you're busy but I'm just wondering if there is any answer to this yet?
  • Options
    Leaving entirely aside how amazingly opposed to this "shopping cart" I am, I have a question...
    In this update you might see a new button in the top right corner of your screen.
    • This cart emblazoned button has many uses ranging from sharing pack offers and sales information to recommending packs you might be interested in. All accessible without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes.

OK, so we have a button to buy expansions in the in-game UI, "without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes" ... but can one actually download, install and use those expansions without "without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes"?

Anyone know? @EA_Cade?

@EA_Cade, I know you're busy but I'm just wondering if there is any answer to this yet?

Ah crud, I knew I forgot something this morning!

Clicking something in the cart menu will bring you out to your storefront (EA app, Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, etc.) to make the purchase and initiate the download the usual way. Then after installation is complete if you are in game you'll get a message asking if you want to restart to use the new content you just acquired.

Does that make sense? I'm more coffee than person at this point so it could be completely indecipherable 😅