Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch February 27 (Emergency Patch Has Released)

Comments

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    cyncie wrote: Β»
    Wow. Sounds bad. I was going to buy the stuff pack on release, but if that shopping cart is there, I’ll have to skip the update and stay offline. I already had to drop my games for months last year because the wonky camera movements (on two separate games!) were triggering migraines. I’m just not going to deal with a shopping cart flashing in my eyes.

Not everyone gets the shopping cart. I did not and I did a lot of restarts in case it was a problem on my end.
    Also that if you play offline then it doesn't show/flash. Maybe someone else who has it can confirm.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    cyncie wrote: Β»
    Wow. Sounds bad. I was going to buy the stuff pack on release, but if that shopping cart is there, I’ll have to skip the update and stay offline. I already had to drop my games for months last year because the wonky camera movements (on two separate games!) were triggering migraines. I’m just not going to deal with a shopping cart flashing in my eyes.

Not everyone gets the shopping cart. I did not and I did a lot of restarts in case it was a problem on my end.
    Also that if you play offline then it doesn't show/flash. Maybe someone else who has it can confirm.

Thanks. I have to hold off on the update until later this week, anyway. I’m working and won’t have time to pull mods, do the update, update mods, etc. Maybe, by then, they’ll rethink this. When I directed theater, I always avoided using strobe lights because of the health issues they can trigger.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I have the shopping cart button and it shows whether I'm online or not.
    I don't have the flashing.
    It sounds like it's being tested differently in different regions. I'm in the USA on Origin on a Mac.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    So, does anyone know if the residential rental lot being able to be changed back to residential or another lot type is really fixed with this patch?
    I checked and it seems like it was fixed. I had a lot that was stuck on residential rental. When I booted up the game after the patch, it was back to being a residential.

Thank you@Gordy

Now I’m worried to play because of missing pie’s for some sims. I assume something like that will hopefully have a hot fix….
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    lanlyn wrote: Β»
    I have a display glitch with the new UI button going on in my game. The icons are all jumbled up, stacked on top of each other. I don't have any mods that effect UI. And I checked my Options settings for the UI scale, and it was on default. Anyone else have an issue like this?
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113782&authkey=%21AGOpqPk983RVOcE&width=500&height=130
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113781&authkey=%21ABx44Oa_V7zQBYo&width=500&height=67

I meant to mention this earlier but forgot. I see it's a glitch but will hopefully still look the same? Because right now, the icons are totally different, too!
  • Options
    WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    Never before have I been stunned into anger by an EA error. Heaped on top of the For Rent debacle this is unbelievable.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Wndblwz wrote: Β»
    Never before have I been stunned into anger by an EA error. Heaped on top of the For Rent debacle this is unbelievable.

I’m sure it’s not easy for them. So many combinations of packs, so many variables, and they are probably under a lot of stress trying to find the problems, as well as being pressed by their employer to turn out other packs at breaknet speed, probably with not enough staff. I’m not giving them excuses, and it bothers me too, but heck, I bet it is super distressing for the Dev’s too. Then I hear people talking, that don’t play a vanilla game, and some think they need to make the game work with all these mods too, as if they don’t have enough problems with all the variables they do have. I sure wouldn’t want to be in the Dev’s position, I hope they at least get overtime.

I have to say the Dev’s are really trying to make packs that have a lot of game play like people want, but everyone is different about what they want. I would have preferred a rent pack with no events, but that is game play and they are trying. I myself would prefer less rabbit holes to manufactured game play in many cases. Like For Rent, I would have rather seen an actually Tiger Santuary where we could go see the tigers, as a family and perhaps get some kind of moodlet watching them, especially the younger sims. It would have been nice to get a Botanical garden lot as well, that would cause a moodlet.. But I’m sure some prefer the For Rent events instead. The more gameplay the more problems too…..I’m glad l don’t have the stress of trying to fix these problem, snd I am thankful they are trying to address the issues all tha variables are causing.

All that being said I do hope the big bugs can be addressed quickly…
  • Options
    sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    Mailbox interactions are gone for me after the new update ☹️
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 28
    Uh I was snoozing and seems like world end has come in the meanwhile...

Yup. I don't think I am updating just yet πŸ˜…
    not if the UI/pie menus are malfunctioning and buttons are doing lightshow

I also think in all honesty
    if the cart button has to exist
    there also has to be toggleing it off
    because I know for certain I will never be shopping while in game. Sorry but no and misclicking into it will only make me bitter Crumplebottom.
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited February 28
    This patch seems to be making a lot of new bugs. I expect with so many bug fixes in the patch a lot of the game code or many small pieces all over the place were changed. Many changes mean many chances of new bugs. Honestly I really think they did try to do their best to make the game better. Let's hope the unclickable sims is resolved soon.

Guess I have to choose between the old bugs or a chance for new bugs with a bonus flashing icon.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I guess it was a blessing in disguise that I didn't get the chance to update my game today. Think I'll wait this one out.

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    For anyone that is following this thread but not reading on AHQ, @Mexssim discovered that the missing social pie menu is a result of a higher than level 5 singing skill. If you cheat it down, you can then interact again with your sims and others. Hope that helps anyone that might not have seen this workaround yet.

Please still hit the 'me too' button so that we can get this bug fixed quickly.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    For anyone that is following this thread but not reading on AHQ, @Mexssim discovered that the missing social pie menu is a result of a higher than level 5 singing skill. If you cheat it down, you can then interact again with your sims and others. Hope that helps anyone that might not have seen this workaround yet.

Please still hit the 'me too' button so that we can get this bug fixed quickly.

This just makes me laugh. Sims surely has strange bugs. Rockets broke because of festivals about cows and chickens (fixed after one year) , NPC don't work because of fame (fixed with this patch) and now singing breaks being able to talk to others. I am sure there are reasons for those links, it just feels so random. At least the work around is relatively easy.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Yep, Not updating until the social menu bug is fixed. Not liking the sound of the new cart button. Why can't they discuss these kinds of additions with us to judge our reactions to them. They could save themselves a lot of negative reactions and bad feelings if they did that before just adding it in. I have not read one reply that thinks this was a good idea.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    If they should add a cart button, it should be in the gallery. It should pop up when you try to download something that you don't have all the packs for and ask you if you want to buy them. The in game button is just annoying, especially if flashing.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited February 28
    This shopping cart icon issue really baffles me. Personally, I'm not too bothered by an easy option to add new stuff to the game without restarting (if that's really what it does; if I'm not mistaken, EA_Cade is still trying to find out), but making it so obtrusive is another story. With all the accessibility features this game has, surely someone should have considered that a flashing light in the corner of the screen might pose a health hazard to some players. That being said, I have not updated my own game and haven't seen it for myself yet.

When it comes to a high singing skill preventing sims from interacting with others, though, I can't blame anyone. This is so random that the developers probably never thought of it themselves. Still, with all these strange issues, I may not get Crystal Creations as close to release as I was planning to after all. I wasn't going to install the patch this week anyway because I'm in the middle of shooting two very important Occult episodes back to back and can't afford to wait for mod updates now. Instead, I'll wait and see if an emergency patch for the most glaring issues will come out soon.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    What’s New?
    In this update you might see a new button in the top right corner of your screen.

This cart emblazoned button has many uses ranging from sharing pack offers and sales information to recommending packs you might be interested in. All accessible without leaving the comfort of your Sims’ homes.

Wait...are you really, like, REALLY REALLY saying that all these awesim things are ....accessible WITHOUT leaving the comfort of my Sim's home???

That's just amazing guys!!!!! I didn't even know that kinda thing was possible!! Modern technology eh? Gee Whiz. πŸ€“
    So excited I couldn't even get trough the rest of the list.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited February 28
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Happy to hear you love it πŸ’š
    the button is happily bouncing from joy after hearing this
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Happy to hear you love it πŸ’š
    the button is happily bouncing from joy after hearing this

Pulsating like my happy little dark heart.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    Ugh... I am beyond angry now...

I'm affected both by the "mailbox doesn't work for certain Sims" bug (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unable-to-interact-with-mailbox/td-p/13519718) as the "some Sims can't play their instruments" bug (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-reset-drop-action-missing-pie-menu-when-playing-an/td-p/13520635/highlight/false).

This makes my story save absolutely unplayable!

Also, I had a quite noticable delay when clicking on other Sims until the pie menu opens (at least it's there, lol). Does anyone else experience that?
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Question: what kind of hairstyle do you all think this new cart button has? I am making them alien supervillain
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    I made a bug report about the pie menu delay that I noticed after the patch: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Noticable-delay-when-clicking-interactions-pie-menu/m-p/13521755#M271347

Would be really interesting to know if anyone else is affected. I haven't heard anyone say anything so far.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    While I thougfht the start page of the game - before loading a specific save, was where to advertise DLC we don't own, I don't mind tha shopping cart symbol. But I strongly destest the pulsating! The little light on the calendar has been driving me nuts for years. Thank you, I do know where the calendar is. And no thank you, I don't want to check it constantly. With most packs installed I definitely don't need a pulsating shopping cart. Is it too much wanting to focus on the game when I play my game??? Or do EA think that I will re-purchase packs that I already own?

I'll stay away. Was planning to grab the new Stuff pack this weekend, but will not install the patch, so I'll need to skip this pack as well. Bad on me, very bad strategy by EA.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    The social menu not appearing for certain sims is really baffling. Julianna and Juliette cannot click on any other sim in the household. Hannah still has the social menu for both Julianna and Juliette. They can all interact with the pets, horse, and farm animals.

Well I can verify decreasing the singing skill brings back the social menu. Julianna and Juliette were both maxed in singing skill. Dropped them both down to Level 4 and the social menu returned.