Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with aging ON or OFF? Added RESULTS from tumblr πŸ‘ΆπŸ‘¦πŸ‘¨πŸ‘΄πŸ’€

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I fall into the both category. I have something like 8 saves; 6 with aging off, and 2 with aging on
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Aging on normal, active household only. I like the challenge and progression that aging adds. The aging sims in TS2 were the biggest plus for me :)
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I play with aging on long most of the time, modified with mccc so that YA and Adults have the same length. I'll turn aging off every now and then when I need more time for my sims to accomplish things.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I have aging fully turn off in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    I play many households rotationally and I prefer to keep aging off and age up my sims manually.
    I do like my sims to age but I like to decide when: when I feel it's the right time for them to age up.
    It's good that there are different options;
    I might, at some point, use those aging options in some of my saves.
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen β™₯*β™₯*β™₯ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited February 24
    Aging On and lifespan setting depends on the save.

I'd get bored if my sims never aged. Unpopular opinion: I never liked how aging in S2 worked. I either adjust lifespan settings or utilize some of the in-game tricks you can do to grant extra life. Some sims I will get attached to and for those sims, they get saved to my library.
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited February 25
    On, normal length usually.
    The life cycle/mortality is very important to me in my RL spirituality and also I find it more fun to play this game that way :) (I'd get bored playing the same sims for too long)
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I give my Sims long lives, and aging off.
    I do age them up quickly through baby/toddler stages, but usually keep the kids and teens as long as I can.
    Part of the reason I have aging off is due to making more than one family for each save, and with aging on, I missed some things for the other families. For example, I would have four families expecting, and play one family through, then go to manage worlds and see that the other three families had their kids. I would have to go in an rename the babies, and make sure I didn't miss other things.
    Once I get the families I want, and if the population gets too big, I plan to turn aging back on.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Been doing aging off since TS2. Life may be short but it's not Sims default short.
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    I tend to play mostly with aging off, but there are the occasional exceptions - usually when I’m playing either a challenge or legacy save.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I'm currently experimenting on this. Went from long to normal lifespan but watching how it goes and contemplating other options. Can't settle in my mind how I want to play. Like aging on which has been my norm, but if they don't live long enough on a normal game I may change things around.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,353 Member
    Aging always off.

And so far the only aging up manually I have ever done has been newborns to infants. For my simlit story, however, I have made duplicates of characters and aged them down in CAS to create backstory images.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Results after one week from this poll on tumblr:

155 votes on my simblr vs 84 votes here
    There are ~7% more aging-offlers on tumblr. I think this is because there are more legacy players on tumblr.

5e6fc718b6a846a9ee7e81b1a6d0ebead6b0bed8.pnj

4300e8d2751dd1fa75769f1c45d4d71bf8fc6021.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Most of the time I play with aging off. I like a more realistic aging as I enjoy playing all the age groups. I determine my own number of years for each group. For example, Baby and Infant together equal 1 year, then toddler I typically have 2 years. Kids and teens are the same number of years as in real life I think the range would be 7 years each, with kids 6-12 and teens 13-19, so usually do around half for my sims. I don't like the teens having a longer life than the kids. I usually use around half of real life years for sim years so teens and kids have 3 years. I do the same with adults and elders. I would prefer to have ability to customize the age spans myself (like in Sims 3), then I would use aging on for active household. I always start my games with aging off to allow time for my new sims to gain skills as I don't use the cheats so I can enjoy seeing them increasing their skills, and then use the long setting if I want aging on. Right now I have groups of each occults that I want to have gain their powers, so aging is off. Not sure if will turn aging on after that or just age them up myself. Will decide as I go along in my gameplay.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Aging on (usually) but I'm totally willing to use any in game mechanics (magic, rewards, etc) to prolong life stages as wanted.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Always on for active household and off for other played households. I've done different things in different saves for the unplayed sims.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I play with aging on so, I always see my sims grow old and die. Luckly I have them all saved in my library and can place them in a new game again and again and...
  • Options
    Jordan1975Jordan1975 Posts: 29 Member
    If I'm playing a teen it's aging on until they age up to young adult then it's aging off while I get them promotions at work. If I start with a young adult aging stays off for my household, but aging on for the unplayed households.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited March 8
    Most of the time it’s off for everyone…..I still have the same sims in my main save that I did in 2014….. lol. They have aged less than me! Once in awhile I will add a sim, or household, but I also have a scenario save I can add people to.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Aging off, always. Its a hassle when townies get babies, though. Unless I enter all those houses to age them up, they will be babies forever.
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    On but I do use potions if I want them to stay a certain age. I won't use cheats to age a sim down.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I play with aging on. I only play one household per save so I get bored if my sims never age.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Looks like a lot of us are micromanagers.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Looks like a lot of us are micromanagers.

I am most definitely not a micromanager, never have been. I play with aging off because I enjoy a relaxed game and don't want to feel rushed and that I must accomplish "x" by "x-date" before they die .... too stressful for me.

Instead I play leisurely and enjoy my story and where the sims take me and when I'm ready to move on to a new chapter of their lives, I age them manually.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    What I want to try doing and because I have 26 game saves (one family per save now) is to play one round on normal lifespan and the next round with aging off. This is because I recently switched from long to normal lifespan but my real preference is exactly between the two of them and I don't want to get a mod to adjust this.