Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Times Has Your Main Character/Sim Self Been Married?

Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
My sim self has been married three times.

1) To Liberty Lee in 1979:
tstcrXU.png

Reason for divorce: She decided she liked women two days after their last WooHoo!
They separated in 1988 and divorced in 1989.

2) Elena Alverez in 1989:
8kUDTkv.png

Reason for divorce: Elena's father embezzled $70,000 simoleans from my sim self's business in 1992. She took the side of her father when it all came out which pressured their marriage.
They divorced in 1993.

3) Emily Walker.
2Vd6oXB.png

They met in 1994 and married in 1995. They have been together seven sim years.

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

None of my Sims 4 Sims is married (except for the premades we adopted who had already been married before, like Jeb's parents).
    Marriages and deaths don't happen in my game :3
    But we have couples who are happy together for years without being married 💞
    Like Dtui and Rita who spent all their life together.
    e6c5001945755ea328ac708db76a47fe67f7ccb9.jpg

Or Noxee and Greg, the Vampiric Drag Queen 👑 and the Ancient Werewolf 🐺
    a8519061d044492d3a6ebefe8256c21439bdadfb.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    My current main sim has never been married, because of the 100 Baby Challenge rules. When she eventually ages up to elder, she'll find someone to grow old with. In fact, I've been eyeing a few prospects that I'm considering making immortal for now so they'll still be around for her to date when she ages up. (They also won't be allowed to be baby daddies.) One of them is her newest maid, who is surprisingly attractive. Kind of looks like a slightly hotter Auston Matthews, the NHL player. I think they might even start having a fling... in between her having other people's babies, lol. Haven't decided yet.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    My very first Sim that I pretty much just randomly generated, because I had no idea what I was doing, was married one time to Liberty Lee. Their Daughter was also married one time only to an NPC Sim I can't remember the name of, and their daughter, who is still in my game married the Grim Reaper. My current main couple, Grim and Aislinn, have been married in game for the past 2 years game time, which is however many Sim years. Once any of my Sims gets married I don't really like to break them up.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I don't think I have ever had any sims divorce, let alone re-marry. They also don't tend to die so they pretty much with the same wife/husband for ever.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    My main sim has never been married and is a confirmed bachelor (which is actually a cover for his secret true identity of being Socially Awkward Man).
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 21
    My save doesn't really have one main character =kind of confusing question but i have some married sims and some not married sims that I play

as for Simmingal this particular version of her is not married and will probably stay that way as I figured being lone evil sim god is more my style
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited February 21
    He has been married to 6 women across 5 different lives, with a combined total of 9 ceremonies. Only 8 were out of love (odd one out was "annulled").

Looking back, it's either a strange coincidence that 4/6 were blonde, or I've got a preference.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    My simself never married. I'm not comfortable with a sim based on me being in a relationship with another sim that I created myself. Maybe I should try marrying a premade sim or one based on a franchise character.

My main sim, Daniel, has married often, but I've lost track how often exactly. He never divorced, the different marriages happened in different saves.
    - In most saves he marries his soulmate, Gavin.
    - In historical saves he may marry Gavin's BFF Tina instead as an alibi wife (except Gavin gets the same idea and proposes to Tina first).
    - In my Star Wars save Kylo Ren of all people got the "Marry for inheritance money" call. I asked my simblr followers about possible partners and they said that Kylo would make a fine partner for my Daniel, so I wed them to each other.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    Once. Londyn and Danielle are destined to be together forever. The look of love in those eyes is on another level

vfl4UwS.png
    bLteupG.png
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    My current save, I don’t really have a main sim but everyone that’s married has only ever been married once, including Vlad (who not only has a gorgeous wife but also has a very beautiful daughter named Poppy). Since I play rotationally, I do plan on splitting up Dominic and Moira Fyres and Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab at some point. They will all remarry except Geoffrey, but he will find his life partner, move to Chestnut Ridge and change his last name back to Osteer.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Once, but it hasn't been trouble-free.
    A2oyJ7r.jpeg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    My main sim Callisto is currently happily engaged (for over one real life year) to Kyioshi. They will marry somewhere later this year, when she is ready to tackle the family aspirations. They still get sentiments frtthe fated mates from the time they were both werewolves. It's meant to be.

I general my sims are monogamous. Looking for their one true love and once they are a couple or married, they stay that way. (no break ups/devorces) Even when I played love after break up, my separated couple got together at the end.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    The only time sims I've played have ever divorced is when I've stopped playing them and put them in "other" non-played category. In 10K + hours of playing it's never happened while playing active households. I don't even see how it's possible without maybe setting them up for failure. Like giving one the jealous trait, one the romantic trait and filling the household with other flirty sims. :D
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I've been playing a lot of asexual sims lately.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I'm boring. My sims usually stay married. I use Wonderful Whims' attraction system so my sims are only allowed to marry sims they find Extremely Attractive as a way to mimic a soul mate situation. Also since Growing Together added compatibility, they have to have at least good compatibility.

With all that being said, my two all-time favorite households have both been married twice.

Orion, the founder of my alien legacy, married Zara Bradford (a sim I made for my save) when a one-night stand turned into Zara getting pregnant. Orion thinking he was doing the right thing, proposed. They had the most toxic marriage I've ever had sims to have. Zara eventually divorced him and left him to raise the twins. He later married Thalia Galanis and they're still together.

My other favorite is my 2nd generation aim in my Westbrook legacy, Emma. She married a sim I found on the gallery. He cheated on her by flirting with the doctor who delivered their son, Elijah. Emma divorced him, and eventually married another sim I got from the Gallery. He was a single dad to two kids. They went on to have twins bringing the total of kids to 5. I haven't played that save in a while but Emma is still one of my favorites.

I'm a hopeless romantic in real life, so I tend to let my sims have their happily ever after.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    I don't actually have any specific main sim, because I'm a rotational player and I love to play many households. I have so many favorite sims (all those that I'm playing;
    I also have many saves and in all of the saves I play many households).

About marriages and divorces in my game, it varies: Some of my sims stay married with the same spouse as "happily ever after", Some of my sims divorce and they find a new spouse and get married with the new spouse. Some of my sims might divorce more than once and get married several times (with new spouses). Some of the sims who have divorced, might later fall in love with each other again (get back together), get married again and then stay together as "new happily ever after".
    :blush:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited February 21
    Usually once. If the sims from my main families get married they have usually found the love of their life. Honestly I'm a bit surprised that I remember only one divorce and two engagments broken off. The divorce happened with Makoa and Lilliana Kealoha, so that Makoa could marry my sim Layla Trout who was engaged to Don Lothario's son Charles. It was a bit messy and sad.

edit// Oh now I remember more. Octavia Moon and Thorne Bailey broke off because Octavia fell in love with Sofia Bjergsen. And Johnny Zest and Luna Villareal got married and then later divorced, because Johnny had an affair with Sofia Bjergsen's aunt.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    I don’t make a sim self and my main sim is ace, so none. I don’t usually play romance and family games.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Erik James Cantrell has only been married the once in this iteration. In Sims3, he was married twice. His first wife was monstrous to their newborn son, and he caught her placing the wee one out on the front lawn (autonomously) in the downpouring rain at NIGHT. Chilly much. The second time they fought again, after he quickly rescued his son. I guess they weren't over the severity of the previous argument, because suddenly the interaction to break up was in the menu. :open_mouth: Although I'm not fond of the notion of divorce, it does happen. I quickly hit the break-up choice and then placed her, by herself, into an apartment. Erik sued for divorce and won. The fact that he had custody is how he fended off his so-called friends who gave him fits over his action.

Of course, he had to hire a Nanny (and I moved a Sim I created into his household as the Nanny). She treated Nicholas as if he were her son. Needless to say, Erik fell in love with the Nanny. They got married a day before she gave birth to their child.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    both Eliza and Bob have had a lot of spotlight with me and gotten remarried they usually hate one another enough or just want different things if they aren't showing they want to be together. One save I'm not touching until I see a patch Umber was divorced his wife left him, and dropped their kid off so he could be in foster care I think he's got his new wife at least she's already the mother to his boy now that he's back in his custody. Maybe I should have my sims divorce more you rotate, you see more I think ha.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Don't have a Sim-self, or a main character, because I tend to create a lot of Sims for each game I start, or one main family.
    Most of my Sims I create, or most based on canon relationships from series I like, have been married only once.
    However, one family I created was based on the series where the father has two wives at the same time. He is based on ancient times, where they had one legal wife, and usually a second wife. So, he is married to two women t once, and in canon has a son with each wife, for Sims 4, he now has a daughter with his second wife. His hands are full trying to balance both wives in the same household.
    Some of my Sims are only married once, but I made them father/mother someone outside their union. Some examples is that I downloaded a Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith from Final Fantasy 7. Cloud is married to Tifa, and had two sons and daughter with her, but also fathers Aerith's two daughters as well. All made in CAS. I also made a Sim where the father is married to one sister, and had a child with her. However, he has a daughter with her sister. Not really a cheating scenario, because when I created them in CAS, the science babies weren't a thing, and I wanted her to have a biological child right away.
    Except for a few CAS/experimental shenanigans, all my Sims are only married once.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited February 21
    I guess they weren't over the severity of the previous argument, because suddenly the interaction to break up was in the menu. :open_mouth: Although I'm not fond of the notion of divorce, it does happen. I quickly hit the break-up choice and then placed her, by herself, into an apartment. Erik sued for divorce and won. The fact that he had custody is how he fended off his so-called friends who gave him fits over his action.

For the divorce of my sim self's second marriage, i used the separation module from the WooHoo Wellness mod. It made the divorce process feel a bit more realistic.

It also added these details to the sim profile:
    YGLaiMY.png
    y2HrmVD.png

With Liberty, MCCC divorced them it's self and just gave me a notification they have broken up.

dw6AKuc.png

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Just found this haha
    5ada71644a7d9c9662cbb711835027daae1de297.jpg
    42c4e2be36eac719fb7e3019bbb37fdcfc80d31a.jpg

She will make it up to him ;)
    (They did this autonomously even though autonomy is turned off ö.ö)
    (Saiwa and his speech bubbles in the back ^w^’)
    2bb962d82d4e9d4f48727b382b9b9e8ddfd96c92.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I don't play a simself and I tend to play sims through their natural lifespan (or end of their story if it's a short one) and then stop, so I don't really have a main character either...
    Divorces are rare in my game (it's so easy to keep sims happy!) but they do sometimes happen. I think Eliza Pancakes in my Eliza Pancakes Supervillain story holds the record as she had two marriages end -- divorced Bob, married Jacques Villareal, was widowed. She didn't marry a third time though.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    My daughter created our Simfamily, but we've never actively played them. They're part of the supporting cast in our main save; they're set as Played, but we've only taken control of them to set up screenshots for Simlit. We won't allow our Simfamily to be broken up.

Our main character has been engaged to his girlfriend in one save, and they're married with two kids in another.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!