Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy 24th Birthday to the Sims Franchise!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    edited February 9
    Rob1992 wrote: »
    greydonn wrote: »
    So, to be clear, the "and more" they teased was two livestreams from Trixie Mattel and a challenge that's not even in game?
    The challenge list is in the game, but they didn't even make the list correctly as breaking and entering is a pack feature. Also apparently Trixie is supposed to be well known. I guess I'm miles removed from that corner of the internet

Is the list in game or is it in the loading/opening screen? And I love Trixie, I was just (for some reason) expecting something more substantial for an anniversary. For some reason. Despite being proven multiple times that this game doesn't work that way lmao

edit: maybe I'm doing something wrong (probably) but I can't find the list in game
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,924 Member
    I popped into the stream for a bit. Mainly to read the chat. 😄 It was fun and pretty well attended. Lots of random giveaways. I think the highlight for some viewers was when Deligracy showed up.😄

Anyway,
    Happy Birthday to The Sims. Cheers to 24 years and counting. 💚
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    So, to be clear, the "and more" they teased was two livestreams from Trixie Mattel and a challenge that's not even in game?
    And also, you apparently need to buy 9 different DLC in order to complete it. And it costs $390-425 Canadian to do so.

Thanks, EA.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 57 Member
    Rob1992 wrote: »
    The challenge list is in the game, but they didn't even make the list correctly as breaking and entering is a pack feature. Also apparently Trixie is supposed to be well known. I guess I'm miles removed from that corner of the internet

Is the list in game or is it in the loading/opening screen? And I love Trixie, I was just (for some reason) expecting something more substantial for an anniversary. For some reason. Despite being proven multiple times that this game doesn't work that way lmao

edit: maybe I'm doing something wrong (probably) but I can't find the list in game

I may have mistated, it's stuff that you can do in game, not that it is present ingame as some menu you can bring up.
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    And also, you apparently need to buy 9 different DLC in order to complete it. And it costs $390-425 Canadian to do so.

Thanks, EA.

omg I knew there was some pack content needed for the challenge but I didn't know it was that much jeez.
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    edited February 10

Thanks, EA.

omg I knew there was some pack content needed for the challenge but I didn't know it was that much jeez.
    It gets better.

Break-ins are marked as base-game. I guess you could just wander into someone's home and pretend you broke in, but that's not actually breaking in. Vampires have a power similar to breaking in, but that's basically just unlocking a door and visiting sims at night. To properly break in (as in, a proper mechanic where you have to pick the lock and snoop around before the home owners get home), you'd need For Rent. Which is another $50.

It also means that exactly half the list requires you to purchase things. Even if you got things on sale, the 24th anniversary challenge asks you to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of content.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options

Thanks, EA.

It gets better.

Break-ins are marked as base-game. I guess you could just wander into someone's home and pretend you broke in, but that's not actually breaking in. Vampires have a power similar to breaking in, but that's basically just unlocking a door and visiting sims at night. To properly break in (as in, a proper mechanic where you have to pick the lock and snoop around before the home owners get home), you'd need For Rent. Which is another $50.

It also means that exactly half the list requires you to purchase things. Even if you got things on sale, the 24th anniversary challenge asks you to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of content.

And not only does it ask you to spend so much money on the game, the break in feature is from a broken pack that has been reported to corrupt saves. They're really starting 2024 on an interesting note.
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 443 Member
    What a birthday week. I could hardly stand the excitement.

Personally, I would have been happy with bug fixes, but we didn't even get that. Nothing but crickets on that front.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 439 Member
    edited February 10
    I popped into the stream for a bit. Mainly to read the chat. 😄 It was fun and pretty well attended. Lots of random giveaways. I think the highlight for some viewers was when Deligracy showed up.😄

Fellow geriatric millennials: do we know who/what Deligracy is?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,924 Member

Youtuber.

n2BpaOQ.png
  • Options

Youtuber.

n2BpaOQ.png

Also known as James Turners girlfriend
  • Options

Thanks, EA.

It gets better.

And not only does it ask you to spend so much money on the game, the break in feature is from a broken pack that has been reported to corrupt saves. They're really starting 2024 on an interesting note.

And seemingly, they unceremoniously ended the week on that stream? As nothing was announced for Saturday. I'm still not sure how a franchise celebration turned into a merch and sims 4 celebration. I know that having people play the old games on stream or something would be sacrilege, but this is just strange
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,580 Member
    I did a small mod update to celebrate the Sims' 24th birthday.
    https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=1

I hadn't planned one, but no bug fixes at all just made me want to do at least something.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Eca wrote: »
    I hope this "more" consists of the whole franchise, as it's the birthday of the franchise. (or just TS1???)

Just another week of TS4 promotion under the name of anniversary. :(
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    EA shenanigans notwithstanding, am still grateful for a game that have played since day 1, Sims 1.