Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I had no idea you could find death flowers on Mt. Komorebi!
    S0uRVKk.png

Where is this plant located? On the mountain?

Yes on the top of the mountain near the cave entrance. There were two dragon fruit plants already. I wonder if it is random which plants grow there?

I can check in my game if I have the same plants. But that will have to wait till next week.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I had no idea you could find death flowers on Mt. Komorebi!
    S0uRVKk.png

Is this random? I went up there yesterday and had a pomegranate tree in, I think, the exact same spot. In the summit area anyway.

It had a single apple growing:

923d62cb44988eead2a95f0cc8aac0d628801834.pnj

I also discovered that we can have more than four sims on a mountain excursion. Only four can contribute to the goals, but "bring over" other household members works normally. Here are my five:

244bc5020d9283a0bfdda23c8ecc108e66b67af1.pnj

It annoys me so much that they put limits on how many sims can participate when we have 8 member households. Am I insane for thinking the bare minimum should always be groups of 8?
  • Options
    JaidemoonJaidemoon Posts: 8 New Member
    I just found out you can make really large puddles look like ducks. LOL :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member

68xVjKK.png
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member

68xVjKK.png

The coin slot replaces the "wash" and "dry" symbols? So now the two different machines look even more identical. M'kay. lol
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    ZelexPower2PCZelexPower2PC Posts: 60 Member
    edited February 6
    When I first brought Get2Work years ago. For aliens I didn't know that the game would generate aliens disguise as humans. Only found out by accident when becoming friends with a random sim and seeing them glowing for the first time and got a textbox. Also did not know that aliens can glow.

Edit: Found screenshot of that sim.
    oAaFkTx.png
    Post edited by ZelexPower2PC on
  • Options
    edited February 5
    Adding to my previous post. I did not know aliens will show up at the lot for the scientist career. I was always too busy doing tasks for the job to notice and found out after trying to take some photos. I only thought you could find them through the astronaut career or until you made the Wormhole Generator.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    When I first brought Get2Work years ago. For aliens I didn't know that the game would generate aliens disguise as humans. ...
    @ZelexPower2PC When I first hired a ranch hand, I took him into CAS to check his other outfits, and immediately found out he was an alien. 🤨 Yep, cowboys & aliens. 😄
  • Options
    edited February 6
    lanlyn wrote: »
    When I first brought Get2Work years ago. For aliens I didn't know that the game would generate aliens disguise as humans. ...
    @ZelexPower2PC When I first hired a ranch hand, I took him into CAS to check his other outfits, and immediately found out he was an alien. 🤨 Yep, cowboys & aliens. 😄

@lanlyn Me too. Before using MCCC, I was always finding out a Sims' occult this way or finding out they were married to someone.
  • Options
    edited February 7
    Didn't know that food stalls from seasons pack were empty at first and that the npc sim had to load them up.
    HOmyrv5.png
    d85AoWB.png
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited February 7
    I didn't realise that there was a little campsite / bonfire area behind the Von Haunt Estate lot in Windenburg! I never usually visit this lot, but my sim was asked there on a date, so I was able to do a little exploring! It's an absolutely gorgeous spot after sunset <3

sl7nPNM.png

D9VUBBL.png

NOuaTHk.png

• Options
    PrincessssPrincessss Posts: 72 Member
    I didn't know this... But when sims are bored and taking a bath they'll dunk their heads in the water and create bubbles lol 😆
    Bath time is fun, even for adult Sims! 😝
    ty6k6zxplciy.jpg
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

"Chronos Magazine" level 9 reward on the business career.
    I didn't know a gnome photo-bombed the cover of a magazine! :D:D:D

CPMFcW9.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    I didn't realize lanterns from For Rent could be released outside Tomarang.
    Releasing a lantern in Copperdale.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113705&authkey=%21AJWFPsK9yL9E3Jo&width=1920&height=1080
    Releasing a lantern in Oasis springs.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113704&authkey=%21AB2jgprBpNG2P_4&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Sims can do friendly interactions with their horses while they are mounted. I expected my sims to dismount his horse before he could pet him on the neck but was pleasantly surprised.

1wTvdv2.png
  • Options
    Screenshot-20240216-063312-3.png

Screenshot-20240216-063816-2.png

Screenshot-20240216-063332-2.png

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I didn't know that you can see the exact percentage to the next level of a skill by hovering over the green part of the bar
    till I did it by accident today

Screen-Shot-2024-02-16-at-9-15-09-PM.png

• Options
    edited February 21
    I was looking at cat breeds in CAS yesterday, wanting to find a type I hadn't used before. I ran across this quirky little thing. Never heard of it, so I had to Google. 😄

Lykoi (commonly called wolf cat or werewolf cat)
    "The felines have sweet-natured personalities and appreciate human affection, being labeled as "dog-like cats". The breed is noted for its sense of loyalty to human beings." --https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lykoi
    220px-8-month-old_male_Lykoi.jpg
    Sims version
    I named her Werelyn. Her traits are Affectionate, Curious, and Playful--to fit the RL breed's temperament. 😉
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113747&authkey=%21AIW0DROiDb_Xgwc&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113746&authkey=%21AIoivqeUeW1UygI&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member

Something I have done for years not everyone knows, that you can put half walls around a Hot Tub and Sims can still get in just fine, also I have done it with kids single beds as its nice to use wall cover on it to match a room. Also you can have a tall wall 1 side of the Hot Tub with a wall tv on it for them to watch while soaking.

Here are a couple of screenshots

LiIS9vC.jpg
    WQFCFg4.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 22
    If you are going to need lots of Crystals for the new Pack 'Crystal Creations stuff Pack' that we will have soon, get a Sim to join the Science Career for a couple of days and get them to stay outside collecting crystals as the are in groups that regenerate quickly. Plus you can explore the area that you cant usually get to and meet other sims around there and see a large carving close to there. If your Sim has a bike or a broom or you can click on the ground to teleport you can get to them much quicker rather than walking.

The Science building has Crystals all around the desert area
    YxFHqzP.jpg

Groups of Crystals
    y6rqBcf.png
  • Options
    edited February 22
    A quick Tip for those who want to upload an apartment as a room with all doors in place. When making a room leave out one piece for example where the door will go. Then put 1 piece of wall outside that room and add the door and just lift that wall into the gap. When all rooms are done (dont forget wall cover each side) and you want to save all the apartment just click on an outer wall to get all the rooms showing as 1 then Save as a room to upload. I hope I explained ok if not tell me and I will take screenshots :)

This method is also useful when using half wall like on a roof that is a Tiny home, leave one piece then lift one piece into the gap.
    You can sort of cheat a Tiny home room by doing the same method, I often make a greenhouse that way, you cant have base but you can put floor tiles to make it look nice.
  • Options
    edited February 23
    @luckyheather Great use of half walls! Thanks for sharing your ideas. I've learned to make more use of half-walls. I play with walls partially down, so I use half-walls to hide things or, conversely, to display things that normally would disappear with full walls. I like that you can decorate half-walls too.

For example, in this small home, I used the tallest half-wall possible instead of a full wall to hide the bathroom because I didn't want to see the toilet behind the TV. 😆 Sims can use a door in half-walls.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113765&authkey=%21ABycs54pEnBilKs&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113764&authkey=%21AFqX0dZvGF2R_Yc&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options

Hi @lanlyn I sometimes do the same with tall half walls to hide a toilet especially in a room to upload that is a bedroom either to make a bathroom or a changing area for mirrors etc as mirror backs really are distracting. I also do that sometimes because the Dream Home decorator wall units disappear and also the upper kitchen cupboards if not used on an outer wall. Is there a Thread for useful building Tips? if not we should start one when we get the new Forums.

I love your cat 'Werelyn' is she on the gallery? what is your gallery name please, mine is the same.
  • Options
    edited February 23
    @luckyheather Thanks! No, Werelyn isn't on the Gallery. Sorry. Since my game is modded, I rarely upload anything. In fact, I don't have any items up right now. Although, I did notice, if you do a search for #Lykoi, several players have shared Lykoi cats. They all look pretty similar. 🙂
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    Screenshot-20240224-132000-2.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top