Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,839 Member
    I've been playing more zoomed in than usually and I realized the curtains move I don't know if I ever saw that before so who knows if it's new or based on what windows you use.
    ow4ypNxh.png
    5IE5YFBh.png
    Yes I sat and watched them so it would be a little more obvious when pictured.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 599 Member
    @lanlyn That's a dash clever dog that Dash is ;)
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,988 Member
    I've been playing more zoomed in than usually and I realized the curtains move I don't know if I ever saw that before so who knows if it's new or based on what windows you use.
    ow4ypNxh.png
    5IE5YFBh.png
    Yes I sat and watched them so it would be a little more obvious when pictured.

I don't know about window type but saw curtains moving way back when TS4 was hardly more than base game. Another factor may be curtain type. Seems almost like window is open a bit and a breeze coming through. Or Sims windows are like the RL ones in my flat.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I did not know that toddlers can destroy school projects. My toddler has the destructive quirk so she likes to destroy things frequently like snowpals and dollhouses but this one is a new discovery

qAgClvs.jpg
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited December 2023
    There is this place with these three stones in Windslar/Windenburg.
    It's illuminated at night ö.Ö'
    c3cfea3ae6be4894eee597afa8a3b972b6bdaa1c.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,788 Member
    I’ve never played with an unflirty sim before and these are the romantic interactions (that differ from everyone else) when he’s feeling flirty:
    Reluctantly embrace
    Nauseatingly kiss neck
    Feebly ask on date
    Ask completely inappropriate question
    Reluctantly profess undying love
    Inadequately express fondness
    Crudely compliment appearance
    Blow a timid kiss
    Attempt seductive whisper
    Futile flirt
    Reluctantly hold hands
    Ineptly kiss cheek
    Unflirty kiss

I like that these are totally in keeping with someone who doesn’t like or is inept at displaying romantic tendencies 🤣🤣🤣
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    There is this place with these three stones in Windslar/Windenburg.
    It's illuminated at night ö.Ö'
    c3cfea3ae6be4894eee597afa8a3b972b6bdaa1c.pnj

Lovely shot! Pity it's in the massive untouchable area. A perfect spot for supernatural type activities. My Celtic heritage is showing.
    I did not know that toddlers can destroy school projects. My toddler has the destructive quirk so she likes to destroy things frequently like snowpals and dollhouses but this one is a new discovery

Somebody needs serious correcting and attitude adjustment. Being of an ancient generation, had I done such a thing the board of education would have been applied to the seat of learning.

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,821 Member
    edited December 2023
    @MayaRose1138 yes! Another great one is "awkward hug" which is a friendly affection social, but unflirty sims always respond to hugs (whether involving themselves or someone else) as if it's flirtation
    Currently doing no gaming and only minimal web browsing due to a hand injury. Hello to all and enjoying reading when I can. :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,794 Member
    I've taken advantage of this a couple of times. 🫢

Spellcasters and Insurance Benefits
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

TIL you can fill a room with water

Same. Wonder if @Metior_Ice knew. 🤔
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member

Oh hey! I have looked into the filling rooms with water feature. And I thought it would be fun to share it too.

The only restriction is that the room must be surrounded with full walls. One fence or half-wall and you are unable to fill it with water and existing one will be gone.
    However, if the room is inside another room that is surrounded with full walls, then the restriction will be lifted.

Here's the post on it I've made about it when trying to recreate a neighborhood decoration in Tomarani:
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I took a look in-game.

I remembered the fact that you can fill rooms with water. However, it turns out it is only possible when all the walls are full walls (no fences or half-walls allowed). However however, a space won't need full-walls when it's enclosed in a room that is enclosed with full walls (that was confusing, but here's a picture to demonstrate).
    ihdu7towzw17.png

Though water in curved areas looks awful:
    fk261jbhmg7h.png

So yeah, right now such thing is possible, but only in indoor areas (remove one of the walls and the water is gone).

So, what could be taken from the picture SimGuruNinja posted?
    • It may just be a neighborhood decoration.
    • Curved pools and fountains plus an ability to build fountains above-ground.
    • You can use the water tool to fill spaces enclosed by fence/half-wall (+curved water won't look awful anymore).

Also to think, I guess I accidentally shared a build tip. So if you want to make a fancy lobby with a custom fountain, be my guest!
    This has been accidental Building with EgonVM! Thanks for tuning in!
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

I did not know that we can travel to the Lighthouse with this boat in Cavalier Cove/Brindleton Bay!
    Just stumbled upon this when I was researching for the public firepit for my advent calendar ^^'
    6ee5af278d4501b9bd0a389fd4690d236d79ccaf.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • ZelexPower2PCZelexPower2PC Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 19
    I rarely ever see ghosts' period. I know there is a bar's night for them. But this is the first time I ever saw this happening outside.
    DaLhgoLh.png
  • ZelexPower2PCZelexPower2PC Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 19
    Vlad will still use his powers (if close enough) on you even if he can't get in. Makes sense game wise. 2vJSqjKh.png
    Post edited by ZelexPower2PC on
    If you place a Batuu flyable space craft on your lot via debug and fly it, you will still get Batuu type chance cards. My test sim, who has level 7 rocket science skill, went on a flight, had an encounter with TIE fighters, and came back with their X-wing smoking and sparking. Not long afterwards a Batuu alien shows up, runs through the sim's house and out to the back yard. Turns out it was a Resistance mechanic sent to repair the X-wing. Once the job was done the mechanic left.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,010 Member
    Until recently, I didn't know that placing at least four of the eight pet obstacle items allows the owner to guide the pet through a scored training course--sort of like the horse rabbit hole tournaments--except with cats and dogs, you can watch the owner and pet interact. And the items light up during the competition. 😊

I let my 2 "tiger" dogs and 2 "tiger" cats each try the course.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113631&authkey=%21ABFbiJ4HEKuPKk8&width=1920&height=1080
    Little Silvie the "Snow Leopard" received the top placing. 🤩
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113630&authkey=%21AHP2-Vc3ftcAmyA&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113629&authkey=%21AKx1l8lutiXLMOo&width=400&height=105
  • Perti23Perti23 Posts: 59 Member
    Something I recently learned from The Red Plumbob's video. When you have Seasons, you can build a snowman ("snowpal"), right? But did you know that children can befriend it by talking to it? When they max their friendship bar, they can declare it "ultimate snowpal". When somebody destroys the snowman, the child will then have an option to "rebuild ultimate snowpal". It willl be the exact same snowman, it will have the same name and maxed friendship bar.

My sim was able to rebuild his ultimate snowpal even after he aged into a teenager. I assume it will be the same after he ages into a YA.
    @lanlyn that's good to know! I have dog training on my list of things to do.

@Perti23 I've just enabled weather in my game and looking forward to winter. Will definitely have one of the grandkids build a snowpal.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,821 Member
    Perti23 wrote: »
    When somebody destroys the snowman, the child will then have an option to "rebuild ultimate snowpal". It willl be the exact same snowman, it will have the same name and maxed friendship bar.

My sim was able to rebuild his ultimate snowpal even after he aged into a teenager. I assume it will be the same after he ages into a YA.

That's amazing!

Currently doing no gaming and only minimal web browsing due to a hand injury. Hello to all and enjoying reading when I can. :)
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,952 Member
    I've known this for a little while. If you have a Sim with the "Master Chef" aspiration who needs to cook 3 gourmet meals at a single event, it doesn't have to be a social event, e.g. dinner party. It can also be a holiday if you have Seasons. I find this useful as holidays last 20 hours (6am to 2am) and so you have much more time than you do during a social event.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    When I am in CAS, I learn things everyday.
    I originally did one family where the male of the family was married to one sister, and had a child with her, and wasn't married to the sister, but had a child with her. The game did register the children as half siblings, but while the sisters and children were connected, it shows their dad in a different spot. The family has the correct in-game relationships, though.
    Today, I created another family in CAS. The family was based on characters in a series I liked. The dad has two wives, and two sons with them. I made him married to the oldest son's mother, but in order for the dynamic with his second wife to work, I have to make her his fiance. Once I moved them out of CAS, I was able to marry him to his second wife, and both Sims are married to him, even though his first spouse is his legal wife. His wife isn't happy with sharing him with his current wife, but they haven't divorced. Even though I had them elope, the first wife was still angry, though she didn't see them exchange their vows.
    I didn't know that Sims could actually marry another Sim while being already married, however the other spouse registers it as cheating, and it angers them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top