Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,892 Member
    I'm really excited to be coming up to my first anniversary of The Evergreen Legacy, I can't believe it's almost been a whole year. To celebrate I'm doing a month-long celebration with special blog posts about the making of and behind the scenes, as well as my take on characters, villains, and everything in between. I have spent all day creating new banners with a scrapbook feel to show how far the story has come and I've gone back and edited each generation's banner since my skills are definitely better than 12 months ago :joy:

If you have been reading Evergreen and would like to be a part of the celebrations, I'd love to invite you to complete this vote survey so that I can share the results of the fan favourites in February! https://forms.gle/zftEbZqRNcZg7Jaz8

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend <3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Welcome @ajmkv ! Glad to see you here! Your story is one of my current favs--can't wait for each new episode!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    NoWindowsNoWindows Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 16
    I decided to go write that OMOWOY I abandoned, but in trying to fix problems with my game I realized I completely lost my old screenshots folder... that had everything I was doing with that file to that point. Should I post that day from my notes alone, no screenshots? Or, since I'm so early in, should I start over entirely?

On another note, I wanna start a lit for a legacy that gives me some sense of linearity but still lets me define my own stories instead of dictating every aspect of my Sims' lives. Does anyone have any challenges that fit that concept? I've been looking high and I've been looking low.
    Post edited by NoWindows on
    Call me AC1. It won't let me change my name!

Read Watercolor Whimsy here!
  • Options
    ajmkvajmkv Posts: 62 Member
    edited January 16
    @CathyTea That is so kind, thank you so much! I'm always happy to receive one of your comments. I hope you keep enjoying!
  • Options
    @NoWindows I run a blog for guides, challenges and stories for Sims 3 and Sims 4 that you're welcome to check out if you're looking for challenges to write around! lizzielilyy.com
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

Following on from this (also thank you to those who responded already!) I am doing a feature called Q&A with the author for the celebrations and would love it if you had any questions for me to add into the mix. If there are any questions you would like to see answered or would like to offer up for me to respond to in my post, please let me know either here or on the legacy forum thread itself. You don't have to have read the story but if you have and have specific story-related questions you are more than welcome to ask, it is definitely an ask me anything kind of post!

Ok thank you <3
    I'm really excited to be coming up to my first anniversary of The Evergreen Legacy, I can't believe it's almost been a whole year. To celebrate I'm doing a month-long celebration with special blog posts about the making of and behind the scenes, as well as my take on characters, villains, and everything in between. I have spent all day creating new banners with a scrapbook feel to show how far the story has come and I've gone back and edited each generation's banner since my skills are definitely better than 12 months ago :joy:

If you have been reading Evergreen and would like to be a part of the celebrations, I'd love to invite you to complete this vote survey so that I can share the results of the fan favourites in February! https://forms.gle/zftEbZqRNcZg7Jaz8

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend <3

Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, I had a few challenges I wasn't planning on litting since I was doing non lit runs of them, however one went south so hard and so quickly that I decided to say to the netherworld with it and start over. So expect a new lit from me verrrry soon! Hopefully better planned and executed this time than my not so big comeback!

• Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,554 Member
    August 16th 1966 and "Big Mal" Landgraab returns home to sort out the mess his daughter, son-in-law and grandson have created. Chapter 216: Big Mal

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2024/01/chapter-216-big-mal-downfall-part-4.html

lUPtA1a.png
  • Options
    Generation V Chapter Five: The Baby Shower

Kressida's pregnancy advances and she begins to understand the spotlight her family lives under. As she prepares for her firstborn's arrival she finds herself navigating new territory with celebrity endorsements and privacy concerns emerging.

Screenshot-36.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    So I'm doing the backstories of the "dirty" that Wade has in my story on people. And I had some funny cameos- the cameo of Matt Guion's friend Jesse, and Jesse in-game wife, Matt's sister, Cassie.

Jesse Coder as a vendor
    v01rO0l.png

Cassie Coder as a vendor
    ]UH7KqDS.png

and Jesse is visiting nearby and talking sort of with the sim I'm currently playing
    ZbvPEIc.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    A Year of Evergreen: Favourite Screenshots

It’s finally here! Kicking off the month-long celebrations of the first anniversary of The Evergreen Legacy with a selection of screenshots I’ve loved from all of the generations! Are your favourites in there?

2xwidn7xgpck.jpeg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,253 Member
    Been busy for a while, but making up for it with a nice long chapter for Monday's Child: Arwyn

Chapter 25

9jQrZDt.png
    image.png
  • Options
    Generation V Chapter Six: Parenthood

Kressida and Billy celebrate their first child's arrival while Hattie embarks on a new career opportunity.

Screenshot-69-1.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    You ever just look at your writing like "man what in the plumbob's name am I writing and why do people like it?" Because I'm having that moment.

• Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,773 Member
    @NoWindows I have been thinking this about my own writing since I started doing SimLit. Somehow it just gets more and more bizarre but I'm glad the readers roll with it like I do XD
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    NoWindows wrote: »
    You ever just look at your writing like "man what in the plumbob's name am I writing and why do people like it?" Because I'm having that moment.

Honestly, I'd say that's perfectly normal.

In fact, I'd say if there isn't at least one moment an author says that to themselves, it's a tad worrying.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options

Forget, just wondering about why people like your writing, I'm just wondering why people from Singapore, Jamaica, Keyna, and Romania like my writing or story. As well as places like UK, Russia, Spain, Australia, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, etc.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ajmkvajmkv Posts: 62 Member
    edited January 24
    Episode 2 of Kev & Get It is here! The housemates settle into the house and drama immediately begins with some interesting interactions. The first challenge, a promo photoshoot, has the contestants nervous, and one will go home tonight. But who will it be?

SGJxq1x.png
    Here is Episode 2, "The Boy Who Shoots Himself In The Foot"!
    Hope you enjoy and let me know if you like the story!
  • Options
    If you could rename Brawl Day in the Sims 4 to a Disney villian, List of the villians at the bottom of this page after the good folks:

https://swansonlegacy2.blogspot.com/p/relgions.html

which Disney Villian would you pick to name the day after? I'm going to name the in-game Prank Day "Shadowman Day" because Trickery is close to pranks.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited January 24
    new chapter:

pBeBYsG.png

later today I'm going to have to do some changes later
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,554 Member

I look at my writing and think "I know what I'm writing but will ANYONE like it?"
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member

I look at my writing and think "I know what I'm writing but will ANYONE like it?"

@Kellogg_J_Kellogg That seems like a common thought, but I think the answer regarding your writing is yes.
    I look at my writing and often think, "Don't do that," "Don't use that word," or "This is way too long." With SimLit, I have a tendency to hold back.

• Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 809 Member

I'm terrible on this side, with my legacy in particular it was happening all the time. With all my other stories instead, I tend to write most of the story in advance, modify it until the "man what in the plumbob's name am I writing" feeling reaches its minimum, and then start publishing. I don't suggest this method, it takes way too much time sometimes...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.23 posted on the 14th of May 2024*
  • Options
    Happy Wednesday! We have a new Evergreen update and the second anniversary post from yesterday: A Year of Evergreen: Most Shocking Moments

Generation V Chapter Seven: Two Under Two

Louis takes on the world as a toddler and Kressida prepares for the arrival of his first sibling!

Screenshot-113-1.jpg

I hope you enjoy it and don't forget the survey is running until the 5th February!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top