Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Goth Galore & Castle Estate Kits

Comments

• Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    Are the pointy white gauges/earrings the promo sim with the mohawk has in already in game?
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Was expecting more from the Goth kit. Wanted a few hairstyles to go with it and more clothes.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    53468487568_0b6d5c4afd_z.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-16 at 2.33.11 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr

...& this hair in a SDX to pull off the look properly?

Goth Hair Icons
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Wow. That's certainly some uhhh... "goth" fashion they got there. Yep! Looks oddly similar to already existing stuff too!

Now if you excuse me Im going to go cc shopping for some actual goth threads.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited January 16
    We when we saw the clothes of this kit:
    it-crowd-2.jpg?w=640
    We were so exited for this kit but a proper goth wouldn't be caught dead in these clothes ^^'
    I really wish they'd do a short google before they start to create clothes.
    And why waste 3 spots with makeup when we already have the scariest make up - in abundance 😱
    sims-4-goth-galore-kit-items-1536x862.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited January 17
    I don't regret my votes
    (I mean what kind of dystopian alternate universe would it have to be
    for me to vote rainbowcore instead of goth)

but I'm just really depressed by this goth kit
    because theres so many beautiful silhouettes and details in goth clothing
    and they just decided to not do any of that???

not even one fancy dress?
    not even one pair of winklepickers?
    not even one gloriously ridiculous hairstyle?

like this is pretty much just "your average black clothes kit" to me

also I see many clothes that pretty much already exist in the game so like why again?

+ I still don't like croptops and microshorts
    its friggin cold in Forgotten Hollow especially while you are lacking plasma
    like sure a croptop I'll give you one it is rather common goth clothing item
    but 3 in a kit that is already this small?

*shouts forbidden words so loud grim can hear em*

and the worst part really is that 2 of those croptops are items i liked most in this kit
    just because i don't have those already

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

okay sorry and thank you for therapy I go hibernate now
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    The medieval castle Kit - looks GREAT…however, the blog description specifically mentions “slim arrow slits” - which is (weirdly) the thing I was most excited for…

Dearest Arrow Slits where art though?

Are they so slim I cannot see them? Can they see me at all at all?

Helluuu?

My life is literally surrounded by medievalness…I’m sitting in a dungeon right now. I’d recognize an arrow slit when I see one. Never in me life have I not noticed an arrow slit, so please do not tell me that the slim, ornate, cute little window over there is meant to be an arrow slit? It’s a friggin’ window. I don’t want to think about what happens to that poor little window when some random rowdy rascal knight scoundrel shoots an (for now invisible, we need archery 🙄) arrow in its ornate direction. Mind the banners!
    Oh yes, that’s right, where are the castle banners?! I was looking forward to replacing my Star Wars banners to something more authentic looking.

Aye..I’m suddenly feeling really, really dark right now, really, really dark. Engulfed in darkness is what I am, my goodness, it’s almost gothic.
    Which reminds me of…oh? What’s that? A goth..punk…thing…but wait! Where’s Morticia’s dress?!!

I love the long leather coat, and the short leather jacket, I really do. Okay, I knew we’d be getting dog collars, although I’m still looking for Jack Skellington-Esque stripey blazers and more sort of Edgar Alan Poe dark academia goth goodness. And 80’s gothness with the hair thing. I was never a “goth” goth so maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about. In fact,I know absolutely nothing about fashion. I wear black 24/7 and I’m just really dark at heart is all. Nothing will ever be dark enough for me, so nevermind this cheerful lad.💀

Of course I shall invest in both kits…regardless of my dark state of mind - but that’s the sort of mood they’re going for anyway, so I suppose that’s alright. 😇🕷️
  • Options
    Lecca wrote: »
    Are the pointy white gauges/earrings the promo sim with the mohawk has in already in game?

I am looking in game right now and do not see this asset. Could it be part of the SDX?

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    This isn't something I usually grouse about but the goth items look really familiar, seem like items you could find in Get Together and Vampires. And since this isn't a style my sims are crying for in general, I think I'll skip this kit.

Yep. Looks like half of it is just black swatches of clothes from earlier expansions.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited January 16
    I’m probably going to buy both of these kits. The castle kit was about what I expected. I’m excited to see what builds come from it that I can appropriate, being a not builder myself. I was also never goth, so I don’t know one style of goth from another. It looks good to me. I just need some more modern “gothiness” so my hip vampires will stop poaching from my Spellcaster’s closets.
  • Options
    edited January 16
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    We when we saw the clothes of this kit:
    it-crowd-2.jpg?w=640
    We were so exited for this kit but a proper goth wouldn't be caught dead in these clothes ^^'
    I really wish they'd do a short google before they start to create clothes.
    And why waste 3 spots with makeup when we already have the scariest make up - in abundance 😱
    sims-4-goth-galore-kit-items-1536x862.jpg
    53468617118_0e5dbe82db_h.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-16 at 3.45.08 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr

Definitely new generation goth. Not everyone can be a proper goth. Look like they opened a Hot Topic in WIllow Creek. Some items are cute like these and the trench coat. I , when I was young dressed more old skool and victorian, (I dress mature minimal black, dark romantic now), but I am
    just content there's an official pack for this style. honestly I have so much cc which is incredible in this style. Kits are too small but cater to vanilla and console players. I may get it just because I like official content-- but really have have a ton of gothic style cas. This I can maybe style one sim, only a few looks where I have over a thousand sims - pretty much most are dressed in this vein in my game. @Lenny_Ogg
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I don't regret my votes
    (I mean what kind of dystopian alternate universe would it have to be for me to vote rainbowcore instead of goth)

but I'm just really depressed by this goth kit because theres so many beautiful silhouettes and details in goth clothing and they just decided to not do any of that???

not even one fancy dress?
    not even one pair of winklepickers?
    not even one gloriously ridiculous hairstyle?

like this is pretty much just "your average black clothes kit" to me

also I see many clothes that pretty much already exist in the game so like why again?

+ I still don't like croptops and microshorts its friggin cold in Forgotten Hollow especially while you are lacking plasma

like sure a croptop I'll give you one it is rather common goth clothing item but 3 in a kit that is already this small?

*shouts forbidden words so loud grim can hear em*

and the worst part really is that 2 of those croptops are items i liked most in this kit just because i don't have those already

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

okay sorry and thank you for therapy I go hibernate now

I am not even close to goth and I had the exact same reaction: Average black clothes kit.

Croptops and microshorts? How banal. I imagine the alternative would have been crops and microshorts in a rainbow of colors had the other choice won. So, all in all, black is fine.

I am also disappointed in the lack of hair homage to Robert Smith. Sigh. The babies don't even know who that is, do they?
    Probably though, Robert's hair would be impossible to do justice in this game. I don't know if it would technically even be possible.

The fact that you admit liking two croptops is the most disturbing thing I have read on this forum in months.

I hope your therapy sessions are successful.

Hug.

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Echoing the sentiments about the goth kit. It should have had more variety, been more bold. I get they might have wanted to play it safe and go with generic, so they could appeal to a wider variety of people. But they're pretty dull overall. I was hoping for less 2014 Goth Teenager on Tumblr, and more traditionally gothic and edgy stuff. I would have liked to see some tattoos, more piercings, some hairs. Wish we got some of the clothing from the concept art, along with the snake tattoo.

But there are some cool things here: the running eyeliner look, the fingerless gloves, the corset-esque shirts. I might actually buy this one, so I can perfect my Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way sim. They even included the black leather miniskirt and black combat boots.

The castle kit looks okay. It'd be great to build more accurate castles, but the limitations of the kit format are showing. (Aside from the fact that you're paying half the price for less than a third of the content you'd get from a Stuff Pack.) You can build the outside, but you're out of luck if you want to work on the inside. Hope you bought various other packs to get some of the furniture you'd need!
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member

I’m hoping we get those long pointy earrings too. Now I am going to have to give a teen sim or two a Mohawk when I eventually get the kits.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited January 17
    For a kit, I think they did pretty well on the goth kit. I like the long boots. I like the way the pieces will go together too. It would have been nice to have gotten some long dresses, and some new tights, but with all the clothes we have from the other packs/kits I’m sure there has to be some tights in there that will work. I’m really wondering where the spike earrings are coming from, I really like those. Like others have said, I hope they are in a drop or patch, if not in the kit. I also hope we get some gothic hairs in a drop and some tatoo’s.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    edited January 17
    Goth kit,I want my variety ,but like the kit.Thr clothes are not bad.Clothes being based on modern makes sense .

Castle kit which we had a couple funiturr,bit still I used it. My vampire castle and church needs more medical style.

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

They're probably the other side of the earrings we can see previewed in the kit.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited January 17
    after hibernation (and @CAPTAIN_NXR7 curing my depression with his Helluuu? at the nonvisible arrow slits)
    everything seems less depressing

there still might be some items in this goth kit that I'd actually get decent use out of
    maybe its just the black swatches maybe theres other swatches that are more exciting?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I have never bought any of the kits but I voted for the goth kit so I might buy it.

After seeing the items I don't think I'll bother.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    I'm not hugely impressed by these but, honestly, I just didn't have very high expectations in the first place so... eh, whatever. I'll get them.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

Sigh, I'm such a geek, I'm taking this castle kit very seriously.
    So I have two burning questions and I was hoping that perhaps @EA_Cade or anyone else with castle kit-insight could cast some extra light on this?

1. The (missing?) arrow slits.

Below is a screenshot of the visual catalogue plus the last segment of the kit description as seen on the Sims4 blog.
    CASTLE-ESTATE-BLOG.png

Blog description, see bolded crimson:

“Your manor is also sure to be the most magnificent with gorgeous stonework and large portcullis gates that encompass the property. Relax in your lavish fortress surrounded by parapet fences, colorful stained glass, SLIM ARROW SLITS and even llama gargoyles.”

HOWEVER...according to the visual catalogue there are no arrow slits.
    This is what I expect to see:

Not just arrow slits, SLIM arrow slits:

AS-02.jpg
    AS-01.jpg
    AS-03.jpg

The only reason I mention this is because the item is advertised on the official Sims 4 blog. Is this an oversight or am I missing something?
    For example, If that window on row 2/ 6th from the left is supposed to be one of the notorious "slim arrow slits" does it have a swatch without the ornate window details -no glass, just open? I'm a confused man indeed.

2. Curved Wall support.

Will there be curved wall support for all available Castle Estate Kit windows? I have my concerns about this since the promotional screenshots depict castles with round towers that have no windows (or arrowslits) whatsoever... which seems a tad odd in my opinion. This is a castle kit after all.

Right, that's all, that's what's keeping me awake at the moment (and so much more but I will spare everyone the details).

• Options
    bizuktag wrote: »

They're probably the other side of the earrings we can see previewed in the kit.

Aw man, that would be a bummer
  • Options
    Sigh, I'm such a geek, I'm taking this castle kit very seriously.
    So I have two burning questions and I was hoping that perhaps @EA_Cade or anyone else with castle kit-insight could cast some extra light on this?

1. The (missing?) arrow slits.

Below is a screenshot of the visual catalogue plus the last segment of the kit description as seen on the Sims4 blog.
    CASTLE-ESTATE-BLOG.png

Blog description, see bolded crimson:

“Your manor is also sure to be the most magnificent with gorgeous stonework and large portcullis gates that encompass the property. Relax in your lavish fortress surrounded by parapet fences, colorful stained glass, SLIM ARROW SLITS and even llama gargoyles.”

HOWEVER...according to the visual catalogue there are no arrow slits.
    This is what I expect to see:

Not just arrow slits, SLIM arrow slits:

AS-02.jpg
    AS-01.jpg
    AS-03.jpg

The only reason I mention this is because the item is advertised on the official Sims 4 blog. Is this an oversight or am I missing something?
    For example, If that window on row 2/ 6th from the left is supposed to be one of the notorious "slim arrow slits" does it have a swatch without the ornate window details -no glass, just open? I'm a confused man indeed.

2. Curved Wall support.

Will there be curved wall support for all available Castle Estate Kit windows? I have my concerns about this since the promotional screenshots depict castles with round towers that have no windows (or arrowslits) whatsoever... which seems a tad odd in my opinion. This is a castle kit after all.

Right, that's all, that's what's keeping me awake at the moment (and so much more but I will spare everyone the details).

@CAPTAIN_NXR7
    wondering the same thing. I was hoping the most narrow window you pointed out would have an no glass swatch to be as fair. but even do , like the photo you provided, the would be in deep walls. I observed the same in tours of medevil structures - most all windowns are set in a deep wall. Wish that was something we could make somehow with kit parts.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited January 17
    You know what @CAPTAIN_NXR7 that is a very glaring oversight considering they advertised arrow slits.
    Those windows just can't be what they mean by arrow slits. The shape is wrong.

Maybe this will become one of those moments like with the Industrial kit, where they showed a window in the promo art that wasn't included in the kit, and people made such a stink that they had to make the window and add it in later?
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I voted for the Goth kit, but I'm on the fence. I've never bought a CAS kit before and I don't know if there's enough to make me want to start with this one. I like what's there, but it feels like it's missing some makeup and clothing choices I'd expect and no new hairs at all?

I'm sure I'll buy the Medieval kit. I buy every build/buy kit. I do wish we had some furniture and clothing that fit the style though. And I do agree that the arrow slits and round wall support seem to be missing...
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01