Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am sick and tired of this

filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
edited December 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Every time I load up my game I get a pop up basically saying that I should buy horse ranch. It's so incredibly discouraging upon launching my game, that I am immediately greeted with an advertisement. It's simply put bizarre that I can't enjoy my current game with the current collection of content I own because I am basically being reminded that I could always have more. This needs to stop. The home screen is an advertisement as is, I don't need an additional advertisement on top of an advertisement.

I don't want to buy horse ranch, stop reminding me that I don't own it, I am very aware that I do not own it and am very content that I do not own it.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    I agree, it is very annoying. Just leave us in peace to play our games without ramming such things down our throats.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    For 'only' 40€/$ you can get rid of that add and are 'allowed' to see the next one!
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,446 Member
    I got one too, the first time I loaded the game after installing horse ranch, I got a pop up to buy horse ranch. 🙃 One copy is enough.

I do agree, we get enough ads with the home screen as it is. There is no need for additional pop ups.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'm not getting extra popups? Only the home screen ads?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    @Bluegayle do you maybe already own horse ranch?
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Not getting any Sims popups, plenty I don't own yet including Horse Ranch. Lucky I guess?
    Run my sims through Steam, maybe that's a factor.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    For 'only' 40€/$ you can get rid of that add and are 'allowed' to see the next one!

This is too funny lol!
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited December 2023
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    @Bluegayle do you maybe already own horse ranch?

Yes but I didn't get any before and haven't had any after. Only ads/info I ever get are on the home screen

edited to add: But yes I agree it would be annoying. I do dislike popups for any reason
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,982 Member
    I didn't get any ads before or after buying Horse Ranch
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Huh, I'm not getting any pop ups even though there's plenty of stuff I don't own (including Horse Ranch). I wonder if that's a regional thing? I live in EU and our laws are (thankfully) quite strict considering internet privacy and ads e.g. websites are required to ask permissions on how they use cookies; whether they are allowed to show targeted ads etc.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,988 Member
    No popups here either.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

Does that mean those who aren't protected by laws get tortured with these ads? These laws are there for a reason, just because your country doesn't have these laws doesn't mean it's ok. All players should be treated equal, no matter where they live -.- And The Sims is not some free handy game, we pay (a lot) to play. At least there should be an option to turn them off.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 670 Member
    edited December 2023
    Ad disappeared for me as soon as I bought something from the sale.
    Post edited by Caerfinon on
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    Thrior wrote: »
    Huh, I'm not getting any pop ups even though there's plenty of stuff I don't own (including Horse Ranch). I wonder if that's a regional thing? I live in EU and our laws are (thankfully) quite strict considering internet privacy and ads e.g. websites are required to ask permissions on how they use cookies; whether they are allowed to show targeted ads etc.

Being in the EU doesn't stop pop up ads for me. Thank goodness it happens only occasionally, especially during sales.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,725 Member
    Same here, it's pretty annoying. I don't need to know that Horse Ranch exists, thank you very much. I am not very interested in horses so I don't know what I would do with it if I bought it.

Having horse competitions being rabbit holes doesn't help either.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,676 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Not getting any Sims popups, plenty I don't own yet including Horse Ranch. Lucky I guess?
    Run my sims through Steam, maybe that's a factor.

I'm not getting them, either and I go through the EA App.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    I never got any pop up ads until I looked at one of the packs that was on sale. Now ever since I looked at it, it pops up. Doesn't really bother me though, I just click off of it. Hopefully it will go away eventually?

I'm sure it's just a sales tactic. Just annoy you until you buy it. Probably works half the time. Unfortunately.
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I was getting the pop-up until I bought HR and for a little bit after the fact. Smh I already wanted the pack, but was waiting for my current storyline to conclude. The constant pop-ups were getting on my nerves. And the message along with it, "Remember me?" made it even worse.

Thankfully they eventually stopped and I am having fun with it but that kind of advertising really has me side-eyeing.

Perhaps I'll hold my money until they start blasting pop-ups for me to buy For Rent. Advertising on all platforms is getting worse and worse.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,982 Member
    Oh wait there was small pop up from EA App itself saying packs are on sale couple of times if thats what you meant but nothing in game
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Oh wait there was small pop up from EA App itself saying packs are on sale couple of times if thats what you meant but nothing in game

I think this is about pop ups on the home screen when you boot up the game. I don't believe there are pop ups in the game itself.

In any case, those pop ups seem to have stopped at the moment. I plan which pack to get when in advance. At release for a select few, at a reasonable sale price for the rest. I won't be buying them just because of a pop up.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    This reminds me of a video I saw a few years ago. The person in the video played TS3 until EA tried to sale them something. The video lasted about 3-4 minutes. In all honesty I thought with thr launcher, they wouldn't get into the game.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    This reminds me of a video I saw a few years ago. The person in the video played TS3 until EA tried to sale them something. The video lasted about 3-4 minutes. In all honesty I thought with thr launcher, they wouldn't get into the game.

If the same video was made for the Sims 4 it would be about 20 seconds long.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited December 2023
    These days I seem to avoid all this and go directly to the game. I don't know if it's because I put the Sims 4 link from the Windows 10 Start bar on the Taskbar. I do have all the packs though. I also use the EA App update option first before starting any game.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

If the same video was made for the Sims 4 it would be about 20 seconds long.

I think they did do a TS4 video, but I can't remember the outcome. It was a few years ago and my memory isn't great.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I agree, was very annoying to get those. (i've uninstalled TS4 for the time being lol) i'd constantly get pop ups for JTB and then i'd even get pop ups for packs i already own. At least with TS3 store we had the option to turn it off, TS4 homepage you get no choice.