Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited December 2023
    Is anyone else experiencing issues if they bulldose a rental residential lot and put a community lot on it, that it still is trying to recognize the lot as the rental and not the community lot you changed it to? im having issues with my restaurant. It is doing this and wont function. Chef/waiters wont even spawn and in edit world the rental rating is still ther when you hover over the lot.

It's weird because upon further testing, restaurant guests still show up. But staff wont and it wont function like the lot it's assigned as for staff.

I had a similar issue in that the lot wouldn’t change from a residential lot back to a residential. It eventually changed, but Idk what I did to get it to work.

I also noticed that poles holding the roof over my porches disappear from the other unit when I have sims living in them. I’m able to put them back, but it is frustrating.

okay interesting. so did you try to change the lot that was originally a rental residential to a different lot type and it wouldnt regconize that it changed? because this is my issue and now i think it completely messed up my entire game. i cant even place lots down in a new save. I am beyond frustrated, so i'm right there with ya

Yeah, sorry, I made a typo, lol. I tried to change my rental residential back to a residential, but the game wouldn’t recognize it as a residential. I just kept messing with it until it changed back. Maybe try setting it as a rental residential & putting a different rental residential lot down, then changing it to whatever lot type you want, & then place the building you want? I know I did that that at one point, but I’m not sure if it was that or something else that fixed it.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Yeah, it seems weird to have it set up like that, I'd have thought they would have prioritized the standard apartment living experience over the landlord experience, since that's what everyone has been asking for since City Living. Maybe it has something to do with trying not to corrupt existing saves so they had to design a work-around? Not really sure if that's the answer, but I think I'm going to hold off on getting the pack for now because I'm seeing more and more issues from people and there's still some answers I need.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    okay thank you :'( i will try that!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    okay thank you :'( i will try that!

You’re welcome and good luck!! Hopefully, they can fix it so that it changes without any problems! I was so close to starting my save over, lol.

• Options
    LiELF wrote: Β»
    Is anyone else experiencing issues if they bulldose a rental residential lot and put a community lot on it, that it still is trying to recognize the lot as the rental and not the community lot you changed it to? im having issues with my restaurant. It is doing this and wont function. Chef/waiters wont even spawn and in edit world the rental rating is still ther when you hover over the lot.

It's weird because upon further testing, restaurant guests still show up. But staff wont and it wont function like the lot it's assigned as for staff.

I had a similar issue in that the lot wouldn’t change from a residential lot back to a residential. It eventually changed, but Idk what I did to get it to work.

I also noticed that poles holding the roof over my porches disappear from the other unit when I have sims living in them. I’m able to put them back, but it is frustrating.

okay interesting. so did you try to change the lot that was originally a rental residential to a different lot type and it wouldnt regconize that it changed? because this is my issue and now i think it completely messed up my entire game. i cant even place lots down in a new save. I am beyond frustrated, so i'm right there with ya

Did you try patching your game without your mods folder in it and the cache cleared/deleted, including the localthumbcache? I usually do this after every patch, just in case, because there was a time I had some weird issues right after a patch.

im sorry i cant read properly today. yes i did repair it without my mods, had local cache cleared multiple times, in a new save. my game wont even properly load. idk if it messed up my restaurant lot because i was able to place down another lot, but to place my lot down i had to go into the lot itself first and then place it but now im stuck on another infinite loading screen. i wanna cry cause it;s the only copy of my restaurant that saved to the gallery and idk if this issue corrupted it or something. ugh this is so frustrating lol

Ugh, I'm sorry you're having these issues. The only other thing I can think of to suggest is restarting your computer completely, then loading up your game to see if anything changes.

I hope you can find a solution. :disappointed:
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    OMG i think i figured it out. This seems crucial to know: if you change a lot that was originally a rental res lot type and it still has a lot trait associated with residential homes attached, you have to make sure they are all removed before you change the lot type otherwise it still registered it as a rental residential because i guess that lot trait was technically still there? even if you have a new lot with its own brand new 3 lot traits. so it seems this fixed it. *Fingers crossed*
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Welp nvm im still having issues. I may give up for the night :D I didn't even get to do any actually gameplay today :|
  • Options
    OMG i think i figured it out. This seems crucial to know: if you change a lot that was originally a rental res lot type and it still has a lot trait associated with residential homes attached, you have to make sure they are all removed before you change the lot type otherwise it still registered it as a rental residential because i guess that lot trait was technically still there? even if you have a new lot with its own brand new 3 lot traits. so it seems this fixed it. *Fingers crossed*

Oh wow, I would have thought an exclusive lot trait like that would have been blocked from use once it gets changed, but maybe it's a design oversight.

In any case, I'm glad you were able to fix it. 😊
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Welp nvm im still having issues. I may give up for the night :D I didn't even get to do any actually gameplay today :|

Aww, darn. I was excited for you for a second there, ha. It’s always good to take a break when the game is being frustrating. Hopefully, it’ll work tomorrow!
  • Options
    Sorry to get hopes up :D I think i was technically correct, but since this is a design flaw, i think it rendered this entire 30x20 lot unplayable as any other lot type. even if i want a diff one, it doesn't work. so i guess i will just have to attempt to keep it as either empty or what it originally was, which was a rental res lot haha. This has been a very uphill battle :D
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    People just walking into the rental is a bit annoying. This is a primary reason I won't let my sims live in Sulani, because for some reason everyone thinks they should have 24/7 access to my sim's home. I was playing as the landlord, and I had my sim visit her tenant to make sure all was well with the rental. Two of the three sims that spawned near the lot just walked right through my tenant's living room as if they were taking a shortcut to somewhere. EA please fix this. I knew I should have waited to download, but I really wanted to play as the landlord and play out the new save I made specifically for this pack. However, this was pretty disappointing.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    It is official: I fixed it!! I had to compromise and revert the lot back to a rental res and place my restaurant on the other 30x20. I didn't want to do it this way for my save, but at this point I will take it :D
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    This might be something I'm doing wrong rather than a genuine negative, but I couldn't find a way to upgrade a unit in Build/Buy while a tenant was living there. How are we supposed to improve the unit rating if we can't add furnishings, decorations etc while someone lives there? Unless there is a way and I just haven't found it yet.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    It is official: I fixed it!! I had to compromise and revert the lot back to a rental res and place my restaurant on the other 30x20. I didn't want to do it this way for my save, but at this point I will take it :D

This is just a guess, and I had a similar issue, but I think it is because the rental lot is owned by another sim. And so, you have to find the sim that owns it and get him or her to sell, or maybe delete the sim. But I think that might be what is causing some of these issues.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Ah so you can't set the lot to Residential Rental and set the units and then move in Sims from the Household 'Manager' via the world map?
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Ah so you can't set the lot to Residential Rental and set the units and then move in Sims from the Household 'Manager' via the world map?

You can. I did it that way. It's a pain in the butt though, especially if the new household doesn't have enough money to rent the furnished lot. I had to remerge and then split and cheat them enough money.
  • Options
    Mendota wrote: Β»

This is just a guess, and I had a similar issue, but I think it is because the rental lot is owned by another sim. And so, you have to find the sim that owns it and get him or her to sell, or maybe delete the sim. But I think that might be what is causing some of these issues.

That is such a good point, I didn't think about that issue, you may be right!! thank you
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited December 2023
    Mstybl95 wrote: Β»

You can. I did it that way. It's a pain in the butt though, especially if the new household doesn't have enough money to rent the furnished lot. I had to remerge and then split and cheat them enough money.

freerealestate cheat?

I don't have the pack yet
    but I feel like since apartments are like separate lots to the game you have to re move in your sims to these new lots anyway

would just do it all in manage worlds
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    yeah i cannot stand that you can't use free real estate cheat to move a sim in. i tried multiple times. I gave up on trying to attempt gameplay today because of many game issues.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    yeah i cannot stand that you can't use free real estate cheat to move a sim in. i tried multiple times. I gave up on trying to attempt gameplay today because of many game issues.

oh, that sounds like oversight
    is there bug report for this? I know we can use freerealestate with CL apartments i did it just yesterday so it's probably just the new lot type?
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited December 2023
    @Mstybl95 Thank you!

I don't think it's a bug since the Residential Rentals are in the same manager than the stores and there it was a hassle too and you couldn't cheat money when you were at the store lot, afaik.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: Β»

freerealestate cheat?

I don't have the pack yet
    but I feel like since apartments are like separate lots to the game you have to re move in your sims to these new lots anyway

would just do it all in manage worlds

Freerealestate doesn't work with the apartments. I tried it on multiple lots with multiple families as I was trying to move them all back into their apartments.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Objects keep disappearing when I place playground objects for kids for backyard of a residential rental lot, is this a bug or what??
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CHEAT-FR-Freerealestate-cheat-doesn-t-work-on-residential/m-p/13287901#M262623

^ found the bug report
    hoping this gets fixed soon because I move all my sims in with that cheat :sweat_smile:

also go click me too if you have not yet
    I really hope its not by design
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    Objects keep disappearing when I place playground objects for kids for backyard of a residential rental lot, is this a bug or what??

Did you place those objects on a section of the garden that is assigned as part of another rental unit? In my test I have a rental lot with 3 units. I had no problems with anything placed outdoors, but then non of the outdoors area was ever assigned as units. Did not try those playground objects, though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg