Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tomarang World Discussion Thread

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    I'm thinking the first thing on my to-do list is to make that small park in the middle of the botanical area a bit more useful. More flower varieties to give it a more 'botanical' feel, some statues, a fountain or pond, maybe a small thai inspired gazebo, or perhaps a spot for a picnic? Not really sure yet.... but I feel like I need to hit that lot first.

Flowers. Flowers everywhere! :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,206 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »

totally will, but the thing for me is, you shouldn't have to rely on another $40 expansion pack to make a part of a world from another $40 expansion playable lol

Well it is still playable, you can swim there, just maybe not a good idea with no , or very little swimming skills :D:D

Well at least that would add some realism. A poor swimmer should not attempt such a challenge. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I'm thinking the first thing on my to-do list is to make that small park in the middle of the botanical area a bit more useful. More flower varieties to give it a more 'botanical' feel, some statues, a fountain or pond, maybe a small thai inspired gazebo, or perhaps a spot for a picnic? Not really sure yet.... but I feel like I need to hit that lot first.

Same here. I'm leaning toward making it a community lot/community garden, and then leave the basic layout intact but add lots of planter pots (and probably some other crafting items). Sadly, I'm guessing we have no new harvestables, but I'm going to want to bring in lots of coconuts and pineapples and orchids, for starters. Plus some nice b/b flowers and shrubs, and maybe a pond to fish.

But I'll have to see once I get in there.
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Same here. I'm leaning toward making it a community lot/community garden, and then leave the basic layout intact but add lots of planter pots (and probably some other crafting items). Sadly, I'm guessing we have no new harvestables, but I'm going to want to bring in lots of coconuts and pineapples and orchids, for starters. Plus some nice b/b flowers and shrubs, and maybe a pond to fish.

But I'll have to see once I get in there.

What bothers me the most about that park is the bushes along the sidewalks, they're blocking/cutting off the view and will force sims to have to go around them if they want to use any of the items in each section (bench, bbq, whatever). They just seem to block the 'flow' of the area around the park and make no sense to me why they put them there?

I like your idea of growing harvestable tropical fruits/flowers in a little community garden spot. Great idea! I'm stealing it. :D

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    I'm also going to bulldoze that single dwelling house in the downtown area and relocate the Screaming Gecko lounge to that spot instead. That might help to attract more sims and maybe add a bit more nightlife to the market/downtown area?
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    I'm also going to bulldoze that single dwelling house in the downtown area and relocate the Screaming Gecko lounge to that spot instead. That might help to attract more sims and maybe add a bit more nightlife to the market/downtown area?

If anything I think it would make things worse, because the Sims will then be attracted to lounge items and stay there. The national park is actually a better choice to spawn in when you want to visit the night market, because no Sims visit this kind of lot on their own so there are more left of the 20 Sims max limit to wander around the neighborhood and hopefully go to the night market.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,697 Member

If anything I think it would make things worse, because the Sims will then be attracted to lounge items and stay there. The national park is actually a better choice to spawn in when you want to visit the night market, because no Sims visit this kind of lot on their own so there are more left of the 20 Sims max limit to wander around the neighborhood and hopefully go to the night market.

So basically what you suggest is to turn the botanical lot into a residential? Hm, never thought of the 20 sim limit for the hood. I wonder if the 4 vendors count...?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member

I might turn it into like a garden with harvestables and a gazebo with the flower arranging station so sims can make bouquets or something lol
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited December 2023
    I was looking at Botanical Gardens in Thailand, and what the built looks like one of them, trails and sets of flowers in sections. Came across another larger botanical gardens in Thailand with a dinosaur, & I thought there was a dinosaur in Oasis Springs but not sure if it's debug. But how they layeres to surrounding attractions really looks like some of the images I saw.
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 106 Member
    My plan is to turn the small lot near the night marker into a community garden with pre-planted harvestables related to the setting. I will probably add a market stall and some picnic tables. Hopefully it doesn't draw too much attention since I'm going to add the plants myself. I'm still a bit disappointed that we didn't get new harvestables with this pack.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    edited December 2023
    So basically what you suggest is to turn the botanical lot into a residential? Hm, never thought of the 20 sim limit for the hood. I wonder if the 4 vendors count...?

I'm pretty sure the vendors also count. Any lot that doesn't attract visitors would be good if you want more Sims around the neighborhood, like the national park, generic lot or an uninhabited residential lot.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,697 Member
    For everyone who asked about it: Sailing the seas of Tomarang is definetly possible.

embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2157041&authkey=%21ALa-6iKS4lQDkjk&width=1920&height=1080
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,456 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    For everyone who asked about it: Sailing the seas of Tomarang is definetly possible.

embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2157041&authkey=%21ALa-6iKS4lQDkjk&width=1920&height=1080

This and jet skis work as well.
  • Options
    MatineeSimsMatineeSims Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I'm a South East Asian simmer from Malaysia. I am happy that the Nasi Lemak dish is included in the Sims 4 For Rent pack as Nasi Lemak is the national dish of Malaysia. With that being said, I would like to express my disappointment of how the Nasi Lemak look like in the Sims 4. The food in the Sims 4 (no matter how poor the cooking skills are) will always turn out looking great, in it's best final form. Unfortunately the Nasi Lemak in the Sims 4 looks horrible where even a level 10 cooking skill sim could not save the Nasi Lemak. The so called Nasi Lemak in the Sims 4 looks like a bowl of mushy soup or congee and this is not how Nasi Lemak should look like. My deepest concern on this is that I am afraid that other simmers from all over the world who have never seen the Nasi Lemak will think that this is how Nasi Lemak looks like. Please change the look of the Nasi Lemak and I will be extremely grateful.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,055 Member
    edited December 2023
    @MatineeSims I understand your concern and hope the Sims team will consider revamping the dish. Perhaps our Community Manager, @EA_Cade could relay your concerns to the team.

We had another simmer express her concern with the way the dish looked.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18333627#Comment_18333627

And if you're not adverse to mods one of our awesome modders made the dish a while back. She has a large following so a lot of simmers are aware of what the dish should look like.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hello, I'm a South East Asian simmer from Malaysia. I am happy that the Nasi Lemak dish is included in the Sims 4 For Rent pack as Nasi Lemak is the national dish of Malaysia. With that being said, I would like to express my disappointment of how the Nasi Lemak look like in the Sims 4. The food in the Sims 4 (no matter how poor the cooking skills are) will always turn out looking great, in it's best final form. Unfortunately the Nasi Lemak in the Sims 4 looks horrible where even a level 10 cooking skill sim could not save the Nasi Lemak. The so called Nasi Lemak in the Sims 4 looks like a bowl of mushy soup or congee and this is not how Nasi Lemak should look like. My deepest concern on this is that I am afraid that other simmers from all over the world who have never seen the Nasi Lemak will think that this is how Nasi Lemak looks like. Please change the look of the Nasi Lemak and I will be extremely grateful.

I hope they will address your concerns. I just want to say welcome to you on the forums. I hope that aside from the important feedback that you gave that you are enjoying the fact that there is now a Sims world based on your part of the world. I only just got that pack and have only glanced at it so far but I look forward to learning a lot more about your interesting region. Please feel welcome to post and share more on here. I'm just a random Simmer but I wanted to say that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    CristabelCristabel Posts: 3 New Member
    I just wanted to come to this forum post and add my voice to MatineeSims'! This doesn't seem like a tall order/a difficult thing to ask of the Sims team, especially given how culturally important this dish is! Food is a huge part of EVERY culture, and if we can get American foods right, why not those of other countries? I don't know the legalities of such a thing, but they have simmers come help build homes...is there no way to contract out to a simmer to create a unique, cultural dish with care and respect? I don't know what the answer is to this, but it's a bummer to think that I'd have never known how delicious Nasi Lemak ACTUALLY looks, without MatineeSims' Youtube video showing just how different the in-game representation looks (yuck). Fingers crossed for the devs to be able to do something about this! <3
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,389 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

I flagged the Nasi Lemak issue to the Sims team earlier today, my apologies for not letting you know when I did, that was on me.

We're treating this like a bug, and hope to have an updated asset pushed out as soon as we're able.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Hi all,

For those who have the pack and have been playing in Tomarang for a while now: can you confirm whether (a) there are any new harvestables, and (b) if not, whether there are any of the old harvestables scattered around the world anywhere?
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 749 Member
    Hi all,

For those who have the pack and have been playing in Tomarang for a while now: can you confirm whether (a) there are any new harvestables, and (b) if not, whether there are any of the old harvestables scattered around the world anywhere?

I have not located a single harvestable! It is so disappointing. What is up with this? Is there ANY other world without a single harvestable?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    Hi all,

I have not located a single harvestable! It is so disappointing. What is up with this? Is there ANY other world without a single harvestable?

I can never find any harvestables (or rocks to dig) in Tartosa :/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,697 Member
    edited December 2023
    Hi all,

I can never find any harvestables (or rocks to dig) in Tartosa :/

Oh, there are plenty of harvestables in Tartosa... I think they were flowers mostly, though. Lilies perhaps.

Confirming: I found lily, tomato and grape wine growing in the wild there.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg