Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tomarang World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,187 Member
    I love the smaller lot sizes. The only large ones I liked were in Horse Ranch and Cottage living. My daughter just got back from Thailand, and loved it. I feel that smaller lots fit this world so much better and I will probably just make infamily multi living there.

Sorry grandma you get the basement suite. ;-) Maybe townhouses or a smaller apartment building close to waterfront. I prefer to keep my worlds traditional.

I think I get that from watching too many shows on people moving to other countries to 'embrace' the new culture and the first thing they do is try to make the homes more like what they left behind.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 74 Member
    I am disappointed by the lot sizes. I will likely use this world as a vacation world and I would prefer larger lots. Hopefully one day we get hotels at which point I will want to add a hotel to the world, I understand I can use a 40×30 but my preference would be to have more space.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    MomsBusy wrote: »
    I am disappointed by the lot sizes. I will likely use this world as a vacation world and I would prefer larger lots. Hopefully one day we get hotels at which point I will want to add a hotel to the world, I understand I can use a 40×30 but my preference would be to have more space.

Yeah same. Especially because I would love to make a carnival by the beach so that 40x30 would be it to fit it in this world. i dont mind the 20x15 and 20x20s to make little bars and restaurants, but that leaves very little space to apartments with nice-sized shared spaces, which they so heavily advertised.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    logion wrote: »
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    53359428984_b4b433e112_k.jpgworld by leucosia x, on Flickr

yes if this leak is correct, https://twitter.com/SimGuruAnon. all of the lots are too small for what I was intending to make.

I am not seeing the botanical gardens or the animal sanctuary, so they are definitely not lots, which is a bummer. But the icon of the second neighbourhood shows a tiger so maybe the sanctuary is indeed for tigers. I have a feeling these will be neighbourhood space locations similar to the temple in Mt. Komorebi and the gardens in San Sequoia, you can walk around them but there aren't many interactions or things to do there. I was hoping to see real tigers our sims can interact with, maybe even a tiger lot challenge where a tiger randomly shows up and scares our sims.

The garden is the lot with the tree icon above it.

You mean the park? I suppose it could be but why call it a botanical garden if the lot type is park? Is it different from park or national park? They made it seem like a feature and parks aren't new. I am more inclined to believe that the botanical garden is the rabbit hole building at the top pf the map with the green pavilion that was showed when they first announced the EP.

5D7uZ7d1-kIO2uKS.jpg

what is the point of the rabbithole experience as I get zero enjoyment of sitting outside waiting for them to come out as a player- It's a video game. Other video games at least have a video showing. But is it so hard to make a lot we can enjoy activities on? Is that too much to ask for at this selling price?

My guess is that if you visit the park then you will see that animal person that you saw in the trailer that mimics a tiger or whatever she is doing. That's about it. They probably felt that it was enough for you to travel to the park and then you can visit the botanical garden as a rabbit hole.

Not unlike how they did the carnival in high school years, instead of actually having a real carnival lot you travel to a small park and then all the rides are rabbit holes.

At least you can walk around the festival... and look at all the empty shells that are not real lots...

You can win prizes in that animal sanctuary aka rewards. I hope that sims can take a picture of the tigers.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,391 Member

yes if this leak is correct, https://twitter.com/SimGuruAnon. all of the lots are too small for what I was intending to make.

I am not seeing the botanical gardens or the animal sanctuary, so they are definitely not lots, which is a bummer. But the icon of the second neighbourhood shows a tiger so maybe the sanctuary is indeed for tigers. I have a feeling these will be neighbourhood space locations similar to the temple in Mt. Komorebi and the gardens in San Sequoia, you can walk around them but there aren't many interactions or things to do there. I was hoping to see real tigers our sims can interact with, maybe even a tiger lot challenge where a tiger randomly shows up and scares our sims.

You mean the park? I suppose it could be but why call it a botanical garden if the lot type is park? Is it different from park or national park? They made it seem like a feature and parks aren't new. I am more inclined to believe that the botanical garden is the rabbit hole building at the top pf the map with the green pavilion that was showed when they first announced the EP.

5D7uZ7d1-kIO2uKS.jpg

what is the point of the rabbithole experience as I get zero enjoyment of sitting outside waiting for them to come out as a player- It's a video game. Other video games at least have a video showing. But is it so hard to make a lot we can enjoy activities on? Is that too much to ask for at this selling price?

My guess is that if you visit the park then you will see that animal person that you saw in the trailer that mimics a tiger or whatever she is doing. That's about it. They probably felt that it was enough for you to travel to the park and then you can visit the botanical garden as a rabbit hole.

Not unlike how they did the carnival in high school years, instead of actually having a real carnival lot you travel to a small park and then all the rides are rabbit holes.

At least you can walk around the festival... and look at all the empty shells that are not real lots...

You can win prizes in that animal sanctuary aka rewards. I hope that sims can take a picture of the tigers.

It's a rabbithole text adventure. Sadly there will be no tigers to take pictures of.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,952 Member

It's a rabbithole text adventure. Sadly there will be no tigers to take pictures of.

Maybe same way than those pictures from diving in IL
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

5D7uZ7d1-kIO2uKS.jpg

In Island Living sims can take pictures underwater in Sulani when they scuba dive so it's possible.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    yeah they said you can win objects and adventure in the rabbithole, which makes me think we can win random unique objects you cant buy at the market. Maybe thats even how you get the tiger plushie for toddlers? idk but that actually makes me excited for sims to use it now. I am so glad they did that, as that was what I wanted if it was a rabbithole. I hope it has some cool sound effects when you wait outside the sanctuary as ur sims use it :)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,391 Member

5D7uZ7d1-kIO2uKS.jpg

In Island Living sims can take pictures underwater in Sulani when they scuba dive so it's possible.

Yes, but that is interesting maybe the first time you play but it stops being interesting afterwards because you'll know exactly what the pictures will be.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited November 2023
    Maybe it’s just the Park.
    I don’t see where it could be on the map otherwise, unless it’s a hidden lot. The rabbit hole building at the top of the map is probably the animal sanctuary.
    I personally hope that the botanical gardens isn't a rabbithole but I don't think it is cause I think that fish pond SimGuruNinja showed is there.

• Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I won't be using this world as a residential world, but as a vacation world. The small lots will work fine for what I have planned for it.

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,911 Member
    If it's apartments we're building, you could say that building apartments in the first place is essentially a design solution to the problem of having a small lot to build on.

typical-manhattan-apartment-blocks-fire-escape-ladders-water-tower-rooftop-soho-neighborhood-new-york-city-typical-209538011.jpg

• Options
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    yeah they said you can win objects and adventure in the rabbithole, which makes me think we can win random unique objects you cant buy at the market. Maybe thats even how you get the tiger plushie for toddlers? idk but that actually makes me excited for sims to use it now. I am so glad they did that, as that was what I wanted if it was a rabbithole. I hope it has some cool sound effects when you wait outside the sanctuary as ur sims use it :)

This.👍
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,633 Member

5D7uZ7d1-kIO2uKS.jpg

why can't they make it like the dolphins in island living?
  • Options

really gorgeous build. It doesnt look like Tomarang though. I think this builder is a really good one.
  • Options
    It's interesting that they would have simmers building for this event. I wonder if the basegame update will include a new world based on London... one can dream I suppose. It definitely does not appear to be in Tomarang.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,697 Member
    Animal Sanctuary... with tigers.

Imagine this:

embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%21171&authkey=%21AJlm_uWAT1GvWbw&width=1024&height=640
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    > @Bonxie said:
    > Animal Sanctuary... with tigers.
    >
    > Imagine this:

That would definitely make for an interesting new death...
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,697 Member
    MomsBusy wrote: »
    That would definitely make for an interesting new death...

Sims are friends, not food :lol:

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited November 2023
    Wondering about what community lots I should build in Tomarang when I have it

I think I will just do one apartment building in town (probably 20x15) and one in tiger part of the map which will be more of a hotel (probably 30x20 that has apartment)

40x30 will be some sort of landmark or palace or something touristy like that *pictures fancy roofs that are impossible to build in the sims*

and the 20x20 in the middle of tiger part will be starter home and the occupied lot next to it will also stay normal residential

but rest of the lots I am so clueless
    what should my sims be doing in Tomarang
    what community activities should be available there in specific
    ideas?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    i will definitely be adding a small Thai restaurant, if you have that GP!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,911 Member
    edited November 2023
    Hi @MomsBusy , just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum, and great choice of username :)

@LeucosiaX It does look like England though? Maybe it was featured since England is the location of the RL event.
  • Options
    @mightysprite I wish we had a world like England or London. It's my favorite city in the world. Townhouses are perfect for London. They are already working on the new ep, according to some on X.
  • Options
    53366370580_5e19218e8c_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-30 at 6.22.14 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

while the For Rent FAQ does mention there are no boats in the ep, this image shows you can swim in the body of water. I have brought a boat from Sulani and to Tartosa and it works, but the water's occupable space does not go far.

What I wonder, is why they show the world map so vast with all the water, if it's not going to be playable.
    Like my first reaction to the image was why is it so poorly cropped, but then I see there is so much unused parts of the map. It would be nice if the water was like Sulani. And then maybe a modder can change the boats to be like that of the kinds of boats they use in Thailand.