Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tomarang World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,696 Member
    So, the hood logo of the southern hood is the face of a Tiger? Would it be that if there are no animated tigers in game? Yu just don't base a logo on a rabbit hole feature, do you? I got a bit excited when I saw it :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    So, the hood logo of the southern hood is the face of a Tiger? Would it be that if there are no animated tigers in game? Yu just don't base a logo on a rabbit hole feature, do you? I got a bit excited when I saw it :)

San Sequoia has entered the chat...
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »

San Sequoia has entered the chat...

LOL, you mean there used to be tigers in the streets so they used a tiger in they hood logo, but those animals are long gone (now just to be seen in a rabbit hole)? ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,033 Member
    @lori171957 getting ready to head into the game and check it out. Thank you for altering the first build and providing an example of how apartment builds could fit on the smaller lots. 😊
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    @lori171957 getting ready to head into the game and check it out. Thank you for altering the first build and providing an example of how apartment builds could fit on the smaller lots. 😊

Your welcome.
    If it wasn't for you {and others} posting the comments from other websites I would never hear any Sims news.
    BTW: I did try just making the rooms smaller, but the rooms would have been unusable.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    okay i just saw the actual photo of the map leak with the lot builds and sizes....im sorry but i don't understand their choices here at all. two 20x15 and two 20x20?? Only one 40x30, and two 30x20. and um....where is the build shown in the trailer with the pool on the roof? i didn't see it there. Either this map is not fully correct or they made a building just to show it off in the trailer.

I've seen people saying "the lot sizes dont matter" but like.... for the new lot type it does. like if you use up all ur larger lots in the world and only have the 20x20 or 20x15s, you definitely cant have a pool space and maybe barely even any shared spaces, because we have to take into account that the game design limits how much of the lot you can use, the last surrounding tile on lots are not usable to build on. My disappointment has raised again :(

To be fair it's possible they were trying to be accurate. It's very in line with South East Asia. Just like Mount Komorebi with all those small lots like Japan. Tiny blocks and small lots make it more authentic.
    However, I do think we should have gotten just one large lot atleast. 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 74 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    This is ridiculous !! I’m sorry but how are you supposed to build an apartment complex on a 20x15 lot ?? You can’t even build a family home with a backyard on it, they’re the worst lots, they’re only ok for small community lots and tiny houses. Are you kidding me ?!

We should not have had anything under 30x20 for this EP.

No one said that you had to build an apartment complex. I imagine there'll be plenty of ways you could make multi-unit housing work with a 20x15 lot.
  • Options
    I have built a couple of apartment blocks on 20 x 15 lots, One of them has 3 bedrooms in each of the 4 apartments.

It is possible, and I am playing BFF in one of them and they seem ok with the space.
    You do need to build a basement for the shared space though. And try to cut the space the stairs take up. Elevators would be handy. :)
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    Anyone else hoping that cave on the island leads us to a secret hidden jungle world filled with wild animals, harvestables, and a swimming spot or fishing hole (and maybe even one buildable lot using the freebuild cheat)? Or even better, maybe it'll be a larger interactive world like the one we got with Realm of Magic?

Maybe the "animal sanctuary" isn't a 1985 text-based game playthrough (aka rabbit hole).... maybe it's a hidden interactive world through that cave? That would be fantabulous!

Perhaps there's more to this world than meets the eye....

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    yes lol, we can dream can't we? xD
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,738 Member
    edited November 2023
    lori171957 wrote: »
    I have built a couple of apartment blocks on 20 x 15 lots, One of them has 3 bedrooms in each of the 4 apartments.

It is possible, and I am playing BFF in one of them and they seem ok with the space.
    You do need to build a basement for the shared space though. And try to cut the space the stairs take up. Elevators would be handy. :)

You guys who are skilled builders might be able to build a multi-story house on a 20 x15 or 20 x20 lot. I struggle to build normal houses for multiple sims on lots that are that small...
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    lori171957 wrote: »

You guys who are skilled builders might be able to build a multi-story house on a 20 x15 or 20 x20 lot. I struggle to build normal houses for multiple sims on lots that are that small...

I am not really skilled, but I just keep trying.
    I have learnt so much recently (just from trying to copy house plans).

Your welcome to download anything I make for the gallery (Lori57), and change it to suit yourself.

I have bulldozed more houses than you would imagine. :) I will upload the whole lot as soon as I can after the pack releases.
    And keep trying, my first houses were all box like.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    okay i just saw the actual photo of the map leak with the lot builds and sizes....im sorry but i don't understand their choices here at all. two 20x15 and two 20x20?? Only one 40x30, and two 30x20. and um....where is the build shown in the trailer with the pool on the roof? i didn't see it there. Either this map is not fully correct or they made a building just to show it off in the trailer.

I've seen people saying "the lot sizes dont matter" but like.... for the new lot type it does. like if you use up all ur larger lots in the world and only have the 20x20 or 20x15s, you definitely cant have a pool space and maybe barely even any shared spaces, because we have to take into account that the game design limits how much of the lot you can use, the last surrounding tile on lots are not usable to build on. My disappointment has raised again :(

To be fair it's possible they were trying to be accurate. It's very in line with South East Asia. Just like Mount Komorebi with all those small lots like Japan. Tiny blocks and small lots make it more authentic.
    However, I do think we should have gotten just one large lot atleast. 😅

Yeah I figured that was the case, but since its the sims, we know how clunky and big some objects can be :D I definitely think at least two big lots instead of one would've made a difference
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,707 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    This is ridiculous !! I’m sorry but how are you supposed to build an apartment complex on a 20x15 lot ?? You can’t even build a family home with a backyard on it, they’re the worst lots, they’re only ok for small community lots and tiny houses. Are you kidding me ?!

We should not have had anything under 30x20 for this EP.
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    53359428984_b4b433e112_k.jpgworld by leucosia x, on Flickr

yes if this leak is correct, https://twitter.com/SimGuruAnon. all of the lots are too small for what I was intending to make.

I do have to agree. And I don't enjoy seeing so many people say "you can build in other worlds though" but thats not that point, what if i want to use this one?? The pack is $40 and its a brand new world with some awesome cultural elements with a different climate than most worlds. Of course I want this world to be usable for my sims to live in, not just vacay! I like to make all diff kinds of sims, and this could add fresh new gameplay for me. I use alot of community lots in my saves and if my sims live here, that will take up most of the lots, so i'd want to be able to create apartments that hold alot of households, to save some space. But that will be hard if I only have one 40x30 and two 30x20s to use for that. Especially because I don't want to make tall 5 story builds in this world since its so small, it would feel out of place. Everyone has different play styles, but I know some like to do realism like i do, and that means my sims wont leave tomarang unless they plan a vacation to another one of the worlds. So it's crucial to have space in the world they reside in. It's just an odd choice that out of all of the worlds the packs have gotten, its the pack that offers multi-family units with shared community spaces that they give us the least amount and smallest sized lots in the world it comes with.

and it's really outstanding of all the other worlds that it has the smallest lot sizes. It's really nor acceptable for the concept and quality standards of an expansion pack. I have a toying theory that all the game dissapoints, the dv team has been well in the know of, but the corporation model for capitalism keeps the consumer discontent to sell more packs. This is really not right to say build in another world, what if this one of the few packs you own. Good point @Coconut27
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

yes if this leak is correct, https://twitter.com/SimGuruAnon. all of the lots are too small for what I was intending to make.

I am not seeing the botanical gardens or the animal sanctuary, so they are definitely not lots, which is a bummer. But the icon of the second neighbourhood shows a tiger so maybe the sanctuary is indeed for tigers. I have a feeling these will be neighbourhood space locations similar to the temple in Mt. Komorebi and the gardens in San Sequoia, you can walk around them but there aren't many interactions or things to do there. I was hoping to see real tigers our sims can interact with, maybe even a tiger lot challenge where a tiger randomly shows up and scares our sims.

The garden is the lot with the tree icon above it.

You mean the park? I suppose it could be but why call it a botanical garden if the lot type is park? Is it different from park or national park? They made it seem like a feature and parks aren't new. I am more inclined to believe that the botanical garden is the rabbit hole building at the top pf the map with the green pavilion that was showed when they first announced the EP.

5D7uZ7d1-kIO2uKS.jpg

what is the point of the rabbithole experience as I get zero enjoyment of sitting outside waiting for them to come out as a player- It's a video game. Other video games at least have a video showing. But is it so hard to make a lot we can enjoy activities on? Is that too much to ask for at this selling price?
  • Options
    Well, who said botanical garden is actual a new lot category? It might be categorized as park, but the layout be more like a botanical garden. In RL not all botanical gardens are huuuuge. Some smaller might specialize on some sort of plant. In Tomarang there might be both plants and spiritual offer features. If b.h. is a new category, perhaps plants growing there will be top quality and often look nicer than regular gardens/bbqparks,
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,444 Member
    edited November 2023

I am not seeing the botanical gardens or the animal sanctuary, so they are definitely not lots, which is a bummer. But the icon of the second neighbourhood shows a tiger so maybe the sanctuary is indeed for tigers. I have a feeling these will be neighbourhood space locations similar to the temple in Mt. Komorebi and the gardens in San Sequoia, you can walk around them but there aren't many interactions or things to do there. I was hoping to see real tigers our sims can interact with, maybe even a tiger lot challenge where a tiger randomly shows up and scares our sims.

You mean the park? I suppose it could be but why call it a botanical garden if the lot type is park? Is it different from park or national park? They made it seem like a feature and parks aren't new. I am more inclined to believe that the botanical garden is the rabbit hole building at the top pf the map with the green pavilion that was showed when they first announced the EP.

5D7uZ7d1-kIO2uKS.jpg

what is the point of the rabbithole experience as I get zero enjoyment of sitting outside waiting for them to come out as a player- It's a video game. Other video games at least have a video showing. But is it so hard to make a lot we can enjoy activities on? Is that too much to ask for at this selling price?

Some people actually complain that loading lots is breaking their immersive gameplay experience. :lol: I'd also rather have loading lots instead of no gameplay at all.
    Post edited by crocobaura on
  • Options
    Ooups - I hit Enter by mistake, but as the rest is a different topic than botanical gardens, I'll just grab a new post ;)

I've been thinking that something is missing in this map. As I understand a south-east Asian region with this much water - there would be lots of fishing activity, and those specific boats would make a big visual impression. We saw 3 boats in a picture, but that is not what I think of. I wish there would be a cluster of rather simple boats, along with a couple fishing spots. Some functionality could be added to some boats, ie being allowed to sit in the boat and fish. It would need some adjusted animations, but not much. And I'd be happy even if my sim needs to stand on his feet in that boat. Boats don't need to travel about to add something to this world. I'm afraid all we get is a few new seafood recipes...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,444 Member
    I personally hope that the botanical gardens isn't a rabbithole but I don't think it is cause I think that fish pond SimGuruNinja showed is there.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,444 Member
    Well, who said botanical garden is actual a new lot category? It might be categorized as park, but the layout be more like a botanical garden. In RL not all botanical gardens are huuuuge. Some smaller might specialize on some sort of plant. In Tomarang there might be both plants and spiritual offer features. If b.h. is a new category, perhaps plants growing there will be top quality and often look nicer than regular gardens/bbqparks,

You have a point there. In Horse Ranch they did call the night club a dance hall, but they didn't make it seem like a big feature.
  • Options

5D7uZ7d1-kIO2uKS.jpg

My guess is that if you visit the park then you will see that animal person that you saw in the trailer that mimics a tiger or whatever she is doing. That's about it. They probably felt that it was enough for you to travel to the park and then you can visit the botanical garden as a rabbit hole.

Not unlike how they did the carnival in high school years, instead of actually having a real carnival lot you travel to a small park and then all the rides are rabbit holes.

At least you can walk around the festival... and look at all the empty shells that are not real lots...
  • Options
    edited November 2023

5D7uZ7d1-kIO2uKS.jpg

My guess is that if you visit the park then you will see that animal person that you saw in the trailer that mimics a tiger or whatever she is doing. That's about it. They probably felt that it was enough for you to travel to the park and then you can visit the botanical garden as a rabbit hole.

Not unlike how they did the carnival in high school years, instead of actually having a real carnival lot you travel to a small park and then all the rides are rabbit holes.

At least you can walk around the festival... and look at all the empty shells that are not real lots...

If you use that carnival setting for a botanical garden, it would no longer be a rabbit hole, only. You can walk around in the garden, following paths, seeing new lovely views and admire plants/sculptures. And every here and there is a rabbit hole, like the "Lotus Flower House" that can be "entered" to learn about the Lotus' place in the local culture. Other rabbit holes within the B.G. might be a "Botanical Lab" where you might end up with some seed/spliced plant or other item in your inventory, the "Botanical Library" where your sim will gain some Gardening skill if answering a question correctly. And so on. This is more like how the carnival was set up, and although I'd prefer following my sim all the time, I'm happier with a mix like this, than just one big rabbit hole for the entire experience (like the Movie theater in San Sequoia).
  • Options

5D7uZ7d1-kIO2uKS.jpg

The rabbit hole amusement park in High School Years is strange too. While it looks great as eye candy, there are modders who made real amusement park rides that function and play as they are supposed to and have no taxing on my non gaming laptop. So why cant they have official functioning rides for that expansion pack is beyond me. It's not due to them catering to "potato" laptops as they always excuse themselves for. it's not that hard to make an experience like that or going into a movie theater, much less a animal sanctuary & botanical garden. They trying to act like it's impossible is just not true. I mean modders made helicopters that function, and pretty much everything, and this is a high end game with professionals working on it. They might argue the price point to pay for the development, but these packs are not cheap, and I feel we are experiencing inflation with what they are dishing out. Average player is feeling all the cut corners.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2023
    So it turns out that the transformation of my 50x40 lot into a 40x30 is working out. (๑˃̵ ᴗ ˂̵)و
    I saved the rooms that were already done and plopped them down on a 40x30. Now I'm just making modifications and finishing the rest of the units. I had to build more up instead of out. I always prefer wide style builds though for gardens or animals or outdoor activities. And normally I don't even use or make second floors.
    Sadly I had to sacrifice my huge pool/waterfall for my mermaid😩.
    But it's a worthy price to pay to move into that 40x30 lot I'm eyeing in tomorang💪('ω'💪)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

5D7uZ7d1-kIO2uKS.jpg

The rabbit hole amusement park in High School Years is strange too. While it looks great as eye candy, there are modders who made real amusement park rides that function and play as they are supposed to and have no taxing on my non gaming laptop. So why cant they have official functioning rides for that expansion pack is beyond me. It's not due to them catering to "potato" laptops as they always excuse themselves for. it's not that hard to make an experience like that or going into a movie theater, much less a animal sanctuary & botanical garden. They trying to act like it's impossible is just not true. I mean modders made helicopters that function, and pretty much everything, and this is a high end game with professionals working on it. They might argue the price point to pay for the development, but these packs are not cheap, and I feel we are experiencing inflation with what they are dishing out. Average player is feeling all the cut corners.

It's a design decision which I don't fully understand. They seem to design their worlds around not using the actual lots. There is a bit too much focus on world-building without being able to put in the necessary resources to do it well.

They really should have focused somewhere along sims4's development time to make more custom lots which could allow them to do these different things that they want to include in their worlds without having to resort to rabbit holes.

Making a larger festival community lot and have some way to make an actual botanical garden would have helped a lot here, maybe you can redesign the park to be more like a botanical garden but I'm not sure how well that is going to look or how well that is going to play.