Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Thanks The Sims, really helpful XD
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,935 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    Thanks The Sims, really helpful XD

Yep. 😄
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Can we expect it this week maybe?
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I can't remember what day of the week they normally do the gameplay trailer but I would think surely they would want to do it before Thanksgiving, (1) so the team can put it out and then have a nice, well-deserved holiday break without worrying about prepping for the livestream, and (2) so people will be hyped to buy it between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

But, if I've learned one thing in life, it's that people don't always do what I would consider common sense, so it could be the week after Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,415 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I can't remember what day of the week they normally do the gameplay trailer but I would think surely they would want to do it before Thanksgiving, (1) so the team can put it out and then have a nice, well-deserved holiday break without worrying about prepping for the livestream, and (2) so people will be hyped to buy it between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

But, if I've learned one thing in life, it's that people don't always do what I would consider common sense, so it could be the week after Thanksgiving.

They also need to fit in a livestream.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Based on the schedule of events for Horse Ranch we can probably estimate when we'll see the gameplay trailer and livestream for For Rent.

Horse Ranch
    Reveal Trailer on Thursday June 22
    Gameplay Trailer on Thursday July 6, 2 weeks following the reveal trailer
    Livestream announced a week later on Thursday July 13
    Livestream on Friday July 14
    Pre pack patch on Tuesday July 18
    Pack released on Thursday July 20

For Rent
    Reveal Trailer on Thursday Nov 2
    Gameplay Trailer on Thursday Nov 16, 2 weeks following the reveal trailer
    Thanksgiving Thursday November 23 (probably no news that week)
    Livestream announcement Thursday Nov 30
    Livestream on Friday Dec 1
    Pre pack patch on Tuesday Dec 5
    Release day Thursday Dec 7
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member
    I really like when an expansion pack gives me that feeling of excitement. And again after Growing Together.

I like the possibilities flying through my head! I can't wait for more info on the livestream!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,926 Member
    So, does anyone know what the difference is between Cringe and Socially Awkward?

And am I automatically cringe if I have a teen daughter?

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,415 Member
    So, does anyone know what the difference is between Cringe and Socially Awkward?

I believe the socially awkward has trouble interacting with others, the cringe one just comes across as cringey but doesn't have any issues with social interactions.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,478 Member
    edited November 2023

What @crocobaura said.
    This is what I believe:

Socially awkward people are aware of being socially awkward which makes them act more awkward as a result. They sometimes say offensive things without meaning to. Due to their lack of self - confidence their “audience” might feel sympathetic towards them. A little awkward, maybe, but sympathetic. The audience understands that the socially awkward person is struggling.

Cringe people on the other hand- try to connect so hard that they somehow become disconnected. Cringe people are so overconfident about their own “coolness” ( even when this comes from a place of insecurity) that they are simply NOT aware of being …very embarrassing indeed. Their “audience” might therefore feel less sympathetic, one could even feel ashamed for the cringe person AND -feel ashamed for themselves to be somehow associated with this cringe person.

Also, cringe people often come in groups of like minded cringeness, whereas socially awkward people are on their own.
    EDITED TO ADD: people can be both socially awkward AND cringe.

I don’t think having teen kids would make one automatically cringe, unless the parent went beyond themselves in order to connect with the teen and use outdated teen lingo and such. I wouldn’t know, I’m the crazy uncle, not the cringe one, although I probably am the latter, I’m just not aware of it. Yet.

I actually think many teens are cringe, especially the ones that parade around in groups with their smartphones out, listening to Smurf-Techno or whatever, through very thin speakers. What’s up with the Smurf voices? That’s so 90’s. It’s painful to watch. And what happened to the good old ghetto blaster boombox?!
    Now if I were to swagger around my (wee Irish) town with a boom box resting on my shoulder that could be considered real cringe, or real cool. The line between cool and cringe tends to be a little blurry in my opinion. It’s all about timing, that’s right- it’s all about timing and having the right attitude. 😎
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited November 2023

What, I don’t see any correlation between the two
    Just read CAPTAINS response, is that what you meant? Was confused with the question
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,926 Member
    Socially awkward people are aware of being socially awkward which makes them act more awkward as a result. They sometimes say offensive things without meaning to. Due to their lack of self - confidence their “audience” might feel sympathetic towards them. A little awkward, maybe, but sympathetic. The audience understands that the socially awkward person is struggling.

Cringe people on the other hand- try to connect so hard that they somehow become disconnected. Cringe people are so overconfident about their own “coolness” ( even when this comes from a place of insecurity) that they are simply NOT aware of being …very embarrassing indeed. Their “audience” might therefore feel less sympathetic, one could even feel ashamed for the cringe person AND -feel ashamed for themselves to be somehow associated with this cringe person.

Thanks @crocobaura and @CAPTAIN_NXR7 for explaining these human things to me, I think I get it now :)

@SelinaKyles We have days where it seems just about anything I do makes my daughter cringe and remove herself and her friends to other locations :D I feel like this is normal though
  • Options

I'm sure there were plenty of times my boys as teens thought I was cringe. 😄
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @mightysprite 😂 Has happened to us all of at least once, very normal
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    I was originally planning to set thispack on pause, grabbing it sometime in the future but not being in a hurry to do so. I like what was seen, but my game is so full of stuff I still did not have the time to check out. But lately I realize this might be one of those very few (for me) buy-on-release packs! I canæt wait to use the unit tool for residential lots, there's so much potential! And I just realised that I've been thinking so much on how to use that feature, that I totally forgot that this pack actually comes with a new world, a (partly) new culture, and obviously quite a few new features related to the local stuff! Whenever I get a new world I spend weeks on building backstories including family trees for residents as well as the community stuff. So in addition to creating units in all my existing (20?) worlds, I also must dive into the local history of Tomarang. December will be busy, it's agood thing that month is the most quiet month of the year with plenty of gaming time (j/k). :) Now I don't see how I can move on *without* this pack...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member

I have the feeling it will be way less than the Growing Together livestream, but I hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'm looking forward to it. I can see playing like a legacy style or something and having siblings for the current or previous gen living in the other houses/ aparments on the lot, and then having a barbecue area and/ or a pool and playground or something.
    Would be nice to se other sims out and about and I like the business aspect of it (being a landlord).
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    The Sims
    Gameplay trailer coming tomorrow
    Thursday Nov 16
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member
    Hoping the Livestream isn’t live. I prefer the pre-recorded polished streams where everything goes smoothly and they present what the pack has to offer. Livestreams are just to risky because of possible tech issues and sometimes the presenters.

Either way, I’m excited for the pack because it offers new gameplay for me and more for my Sims to do.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 444 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Hoping the Livestream isn’t live. I prefer the pre-recorded polished streams where everything goes smoothly and they present what the pack has to offer. Livestreams are just to risky because of possible tech issues and sometimes the presenters.

Either way, I’m excited for the pack because it offers new gameplay for me and more for my Sims to do.

I prefer live livestreams because I want to know in advance if the game is buggy. If there are glitches while they're playing with a single pack, that's a potential red flag for those of us with lots of packs.

BUT, since this is the positive thoughts thread, I'm choosing to believe for now that the livestream will be pure magic and there will be no evidence of bugs whatsoever!
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    @PandoraTO your concerns are legit and perfectly fine in the PT thread. 🙂
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,102 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    I swear, if it turns out I can break my Hogwarts common rooms into Apartments, with a couple more for Dumbledoor and the assistant Headmaster and one for Filch, I will lose my freakin' mind.

Gryffindor
    Ravenclaw
    Hufflepuff
    Slytherin. :#
    How many members are allowed per apartment?
    Dang, that's a great idea. I have an occult school in my game, and different dorms could let us have way more students walking about.

The Sims 3 system had blacked out apartment areas that allowed extra characters to inhabit a building without overloading it.
    They would come out from time to time or you could invite them out. Something like that would help me because I could have students roaming around as NPCs, but only play the students I am interested in.

I am really curious about EA's apartment system.
    I should be able to use it whatever the case. Anything would be better than what I have to do now.

Ah, the hidden room markers. I used them a lot in custom builds. They were a pain to get right though.