Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims Discord Server! Launching 10/30!

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Feels like the jungle, don't think I'll go on there regularly. Hope they will still post news here.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I've set up for it to ping for game news and announcements. I'll probably ignore it otherwise... at least until it calms down. (the Disney Dreamlight Valley discord is not quite as chaotic, but it's been around for ... almost a year, I want to say.)
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    Discord communities, if highly organized can be fun. You can have video chats, watch movies, phone calls, make quiz- every like here, but photos and videos you can attach directly without a photo server account and more. I think it would be helpful if some from here help with categories that are so good here, like stories, photos, would need to be in different categories.

I still think there is a strong need for this platform and it is more of a discussion, where are that one could be for photos, videos, group video, or call chats.

@simgirl1010 they should hire you as a mod🙂
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

Hard pass. 😱
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member

Hard pass. 😱

lol 😂
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Hard pass. 😱

😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Currently there are only channels for Sims 4 but channels for the legacy games will be added.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I joined, but it's not likely I'll be participating on it any time soon... my poor old brain can't wrap around how that place works. I know how to click around on the different servers/channels and read stuff, but that's pretty much the limit. Discord has too much of a learning curve for my liking.

If Reddit and chat rooms had a baby, Discord would be the result. :D

I prefer the simplicity of this forum. Everything here is straight forward, easy on the eyes with a very basic setup/layout, and doesn't require a PhD in computer science to figure out how to navigate your way around the place.

Simplicity is something this old techno-challenged dinosaur can understand and appreciate when it comes to 'internet social media connectivity'.

This Sims forum, pinterest, and instagram (and now instagram's "Threads" app as well) is as far as my social media presence gets. But this forum is pretty much the only one I actively participate on.... the others are only used for the sole purpose of looking at pics and/or reading about things that interest me (my various hobbies/crafts). When it comes to being on the internet, I prefer my anonymity and privacy.... I guess that's the 'old school generation' in me? I have zero interest in throwing myself out there for all the world to gawk at like a circus animal, friend/unfriend, like/dislike, approve/disapprove, judge and be judged. No thanks.

Anyways, I'm glad to see the Sims expand their online social media horizons..... I suspect the place formerly-known-as-twitter has become the new Titanic heading for an iceberg and EA is getting itself ready to jump ship if need be.

It's hard to say which place will become the new twitter - Mastadon or Threads? I figure it's going to be one of those two, but time will tell. I'm sure whichever one grows in popularity, the Sims will be joining that too. Regardless, this latest chapter in the twitterverse shows us all just how capricious and indifferent the internet world really is.

I just hope this forum survives and sticks around for another 10+ years for those of us who prefer to communicate in full sentences and proper paragraphs that might require more than 140 characters. <3

Loquaciousness is the new black. :D

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I've had Discord for a while now but I just don't use it much beyond World of Warcraft guild stuff. Should be quite entertaining to watch the craziness ensue over the next few days or weeks. :naughty:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I have joined, but have absolutely no idea how it works over there, looks like one big chat that moves super fast. I hope to figure it out as time goes on.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited October 2023
    Joined there too although I do find big discord chats bit fast for my poor brain to keep up with :sweat_smile: probably gonna stay on forums more but its a good backup when forum misbehaves if nothing else :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    15, 740 members
    1,817 currently online.

Slow mode has been enabled so it's not quite as hectic as yesterday.

I'll be muting most channels except for Sims Direct, Behind The Sims, Announcements, and Official Challenges and a couple others.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    15, 740 members
    1,817 currently online.

Slow mode has been enabled so it's not quite as hectic as yesterday.

I'll be muting most channels except for Sims Direct, Behind The Sims, Announcements, and Official Challenges and a couple others.

Just going to throw this out there because APPARENTLY I have to, please don't send me your resume on Discord.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Haha. 😄
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Awwww man I put all of that work into my resume for nothing 😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    When a Discord has so many people, it moves too fast for any real discussion. Hopefully it'll get easier to navigate as time goes on.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Ok fine, I'll join. Though at first I'll be too shy to post anything there. These forums are a comfort zone for me, Discord is more of a wild world.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    I joined about 6 hours ago. All I know how to do is enter the regular chat, I have no idea how to do any of the other stuff yet, but it was fun. The forums here will still be my main go to though, because I think it’s easier to get information here. I am not on Twitter or X. My youngest just got me onto Instagram so I can watch her video’s…. Lol.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I joined the discord because I don't have X or facebook. I know a lot of information comes through X. I like the fourm here
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited October 2023
    I noticed there aren't any channels or user roles for Sims 1-3 or Project Rene, so I'm not interested at this time.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    @simmerorigin, from the blog:

Our other titles will be rolling out with dedicated spaces in the coming months so keep an eye out for updates. As we launch more sections, you’ll have control over which sections you see by self-assigning your roles for each title.

I'll be posting here when more titles become available.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,403 Member
    @simmerorigin, from the blog:

Our other titles will be rolling out with dedicated spaces in the coming months so keep an eye out for updates. As we launch more sections, you’ll have control over which sections you see by self-assigning your roles for each title.

I'll be posting here when more titles become available.

Yes, I'm not interested at this time. When the discord offers what I am interested in, I will revisit.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    cauatocauato Posts: 9 New Member
    I have tried to join but get the server with "no text channels" error . I have tried all of the links in page 1 comments with no success. Does anyone have any new suggestions?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,466 Member
    I’ve been watching discord from a distance. Believe me, there have been times that I just want step in and give everyone a nice BIG FAT HELLO…because I’m kind!

Alas, my hello would just fly off like a wee balloon, pathetically squeaking through the air, into Nowhere Land.

Some people would probably say: “did someone just fart?” (man, you’re lucky if you manage to even catch those comments) - most people wouldn’t even be aware of my friendly Hello Nowhere Land balloon. They’d just continue to chatter about..I don’t know what exactly, since I honestly cannot follow anything that’s being said in there. And that’s in slow mode. 😆

Even the pets channel is absolute mayhem; I’m getting bombarded by dogs, cats, Guinea pigs and…creatures I didn’t even know exist on this planet! WHAT IS THAT THING?!!! And I have no way of asking because once I put my question out there, it’s gone. Gone. 567 comments into a forgotten past. And no answer whatsoever. I’m burning with questions. Burning.

The Community tips is what’s keeping me calm. I actually learned a few new things. Thank you.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    I’ve been watching discord from a distance. Believe me, there have been times that I just want step in and give everyone a nice BIG FAT HELLO…because I’m kind!

Alas, my hello would just fly off like a wee balloon, pathetically squeaking through the air, into Nowhere Land.

It might just reach the screen of Simmingal and make her feel less alone in this chaos though :lol: I feel so old with these energetic people chatting all day all night

I even had to remind them sleeping is option just in case they forgot 👵
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free