Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🌟 Cape Albacore World Collaboration - Completed!

Comments

• Options
    fatness1974fatness1974 Posts: 133 Member
    edited October 2023
    cotcjhcyl5ix.png
    here is the custard
    I did It! yay
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Ok here is the starter. The Nuthatch... just a little 2bed/1 bath nest in the woods. E66 / 15 x 20 / Residential / 66 Manta Ray Trail

8w37u1rml4wl.png
    qj0lgmd4y0d6.jpg
    j7hgnqz4bcvd.jpg
    unoggxe4am8f.jpg
    the custard confuses me. The Darris teeter lot...not sure how it got there?? or why it is showing up? Does this look ok?
    Post edited by fatness1974 on
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @fatness1974 - if it's not an image file, it's a problem. Is it the counter maybe or a coffee table or dresser?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    @Ciane I have no idea. I'll try to figure it out. Is there a way to custard check w/o uploading? the file reads like one of the Dl's for this world. Half of my stuff isn't even showing up and the app crashed again.

• Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

@fatness1974 , yes you should Custard check before uploading. Look for your file in the game Exports folder… see here for instructions.
  • Options
    IdahoGal65IdahoGal65 Posts: 85 Member
    @Ciane I have no idea. I'll try to figure it out. Is there a way to custard check w/o uploading? the file reads like one of the Dl's for this world. Half of my stuff isn't even showing up and the app crashed again.

In your Custard screenshot, the last item has something in the description box. I can't read it from the screenshot because it's too small and blurred, but does that give you any idea what it might be? Most items I see in your screenshots of the build look familiar to me. I'm not sure about the counters and cabinets. Can you verify what pack or what store content collection they came from?
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @fatness1974 , the description box says something like Greengrocer Diner. Theater. Bou....(maybe the last word is boutique?). Had to put my glasses on to try and make it out, lol. Hopefully you can pinpoint the item.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    @fatness1974, good luck to you.
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Is there one of those custom rabbithole rugs in @fatness1974 lot perhaps?

Or a rabbithole building in the basement?

Or CC that only shows up when buydebug is active?

Not sure if a community rabbithole can be added to residential since I’m not in game but perhaps worth a check in case.
  • Options
    @IdahoGal65 and @Sandraelle - You can magnify a page by clicking on the three lines in the top right on the line that has the url address, go back, and undo options. You'll see the you can click to make a page zoom in and out a little over half way down.

I do think that @soocoolsim has a great idea on the rabbit hole rug.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    @ciane @soocoolsim @Idahogal "green grocer, diner, theatre boutique" is listed in the description. I have no idea. I used counter coulture and the cowpoke stove. My favorite bayside won't install. At this point, I am using pack stuff. Now 70% store stuff won't install. decided to step away from it for today and just play. I'll come back to it on Saturday and dig at it. I don't know what a rabbit hole rug is btw lol. considering I have very little content you'd think I would have less problems smh lol uggh
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    ciane wrote: »
    @IdahoGal65 and @Sandraelle - You can magnify a page by clicking on the three lines in the top right on the line that has the url address, go back, and undo options. You'll see the you can click to make a page zoom in and out a little over half way down.

I do think that @soocoolsim has a great idea on the rabbit hole rug.

Thanks @ciane! I forgot about that feature, lol. I should have tried it on my ipad since you can really zoom in on the pictures, but was on my computer at the time. But it looks like I read it right after all, lol. Thanks for reminding us about the zoom. :)
  • Options
    @fatness1974 , Just checking, are you also using the counter culture for the upper cabinets as well, or something else? It's hard to tell in the pictures. Everything else appears to be game stuff, but without seeing more detail I can't pick anything out.

What I don't understand is, how in the world did the exact words that are in @Hidehi's Exchange description (for her Cuttlefish Mews lot) get into your CC description? That's a mystery to me! :s:D
  • Options
    chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    I used counter coulture and the cowpoke stove.

@fatness1974 These are things from basegame? I don't have installed game in english, so these names doesn't tell me much.
  • Options
    I downloaded the lot to check it out. I didn't install it, but I used Delphy's Multi-Extracter to turn it into package. Normally, program should spit out one file, but this time it created two packages. They have following names:

3w5vn8gwh69f.png

I tried to google it with added "sims 3", but nothing found about this. I opened both files in S3PE (Sims 3 Package Editor), but only heavier one I was able to open. It was the lot itself.

y08hu41wvk32.png

The second file give me error, even Package Editor couldn't open it. Error pop-up says it couldn't recognize the tag of some resource.

bienjq2cerwt.png

So I think at this point there's no other way to investigate what caused error, if even these programs can't read a corrupted file. It must be some bad CC or corrupted data in game. @fatness1974 said she had some custom patterns, so maybe some of them were corrupted. It's possible, even with patterns.
  • Options
    There was article at Sims Network which explains how to get rid of one bad CC. A friend once send me this on discord:
    https://simsnetwork.com/news/2013/01/04/the-arezzo-counter-and-other-bad-cc
    It's about Arezzo Counter which was very hard to remove from game, but it apply to other CC as well.

The most important steps are in this frame at the bottom:
    wzih3hdavuht.png
  • Options
    Process described in article I linked above, is time consuming and feels like separating wheat from chaff. Since I'm less sentimental in getting rid off bad CC and junk in my game, I do it in a little bit different way.

I go into "Documents\Electronic Arts", I copy and paste folder "The Sims 3" to make back-up just in case. I go to the original one and remove all things from DCCache and DCBackup folders. Beside CC instaled with launcher, it'll also delete all installed store content. I cut out Mods folder on desktop. Then I delete all cache files (these files will restore after opening game, so it's nothing serious). I marked all cache files with yellow frame. Folder called "WorldCaches" which I marked in blue circle, needs to be left in peace, but all things inside that folder needs to be deleted.

rbg57d6750q7.png

Since you installed patterns and lots also, I would recommend to delete file called "userpresets.package" in The Sims 3 folder, and all things which are in folders "Thumbnails" and "Library" (but do not delete folders itself).

Be aware however, that deleting things in Library folder will also delete sims, lots and families saved in bin - in both CAS and Edit Town mode. Deleting "userpresets.package" will delete furniture and wallpaper styles that were saved in build and buy mode by player. You can rescue your sims, families and lots from deleting, by placing them somewhere in world (it doesn't matter which world, since save files won't be affected by cleaning process)

What will stay after all this cleaning are: custom worlds, save files, and all lots and sims already placed in the world. All sims and lots saved in bin will be gone. But since you said, you cannot install 70% of the store at this point, I think it's not that big price. But you'll decide @fatness1974
  • Options
    Sorry for wall of text everyone :# Cleaning this complicated game is not that easy. I hope it'll help.
  • Options
    chojrak wrote: »
    Sorry for wall of text everyone :# Cleaning this complicated game is not that easy. I hope it'll help.

I'm glad you posted this. I would be clueless on how to find the bad CC it I encountered problems. Thanks for the information.
  • Options
    @chojrak, @fatness1974, @IdahoGal65, and anyone else interested - the one main file created for cc is always in the DCCache folder. If it has an extention of .ebc it is EA files. If it gets a .dbc then it could be store content or cc. MOVE all the .ebc files to a safe location outside the Sims 3 folder - just up to the EA folder is fine. Then start the launcher and click on "installed content" to see everything not in the .ebc files, which you know already is safe - only EA files. Now your launcher will show the files because it is not full of everything. You can "uninstall" any bad cc here. (In reality the file is still there in the game, but the game will no longer show it in buy mode. It's like deleting files on your computer or from email. You can not access them anymore unless you move it back from your recycle bin or deleted messages folder, which is not an option here.)

The DCbackup files can all be safely deleted with exception of the ccmerged file, which is needed for some store content to work. You could also simply delete the newer ones by date if you know that you installed your safe content on a certain date and questionable content later.

Optional, FYI info, not needed: These DCbackup files can be handy because they can be renamed as you install new lots and households, and can be placed directly in the library to add them freshly to the bin if you can't see your new lot or family after install OR if you placed them and deleted the files from your bin in game, but want to play them over from scratch in a new save. Also, these can be added directly to the mods folder and then show as cc if your launcher is not working to install your store content the normal way. This means that you have an old sims folder with all store content still in the dcBackup folder and your launcher won't install your store items in your new sims 3 folder, but you really want to play with your store content. Put the old dcBackup files in your mods folder and you will see them in game as cc. You won't want to share any lots or sims with that "cc" but you can play with it in your own game.

Deleting the cache files forces the game to "reset" those cache files. I often only delete the two compositor files, but the CASpart one is obviously needed for Sims hair and clothing, so if the "bad cc" was a CASpart, then that file must be deleted. The scriptcache is the one you need to delete when you add or update mods OR just over time as a general clean-up of your game.

FYI: if you don't care about badges, the two "log" files can be deleted as well. Over long play periods the logs file grows noticeably. If you are have a party or an opportunity, then deleting the log might drop that option when you reload the game; but, I find these option get dropped even when I don't delete the logs, at least the party options.

Anyway, those are the bare minimum steps to take. You simply MOVE your .ebc files back into the DCCache folder when you are done with the launcher and then reload your game. The bad cc files you uninstalled will no longer show up.
  • Options

Thanks very much @chojrak and @ciane for your insightful notes on getting rid of bad CC.

@fatness1974 , the CC rabbit hole rugs I mentioned are used by some folks who don’t want to add a rabbithole building to their lot so use them instead. If I were you.. my first step would be to go through your lot and delete all the rugs you find. Export and Custard check again see if the problem is solved. Keeping my fingers crossed it’s an easy fix.
  • Options
    @ciane @soocoolsim @Idahogal "green grocer, diner, theatre boutique" is listed in the description. I have no idea. I used counter coulture and the cowpoke stove. My favorite bayside won't install. At this point, I am using pack stuff. Now 70% store stuff won't install. decided to step away from it for today and just play. I'll come back to it on Saturday and dig at it. I don't know what a rabbit hole rug is btw lol. considering I have very little content you'd think I would have less problems smh lol uggh

As far as installing store content, I had trouble when I tried clicking the box to include the entire page. Instead I went page by page starting with the biggest files (worlds, compilations, lots) selecting one or two at a time based on how big I felt the files were. I'd install them then go to the onesy-twosy items, selecting all the ones on each page and installing one page at a time. I thought I'd mention it just in case you are trying to install everything at once.
  • Options
    I'm a real noob when it comes to Custard, so please correct me if I don't understand this correctly, but when you put a lot in Custard and you get something suspicious, don't you just unclick that box beside it before uploading, and that item doesn't upload with it? I was wondering if that would be a way for fatness1974 to find out what that strange file was.
  • Options
    IdahoGal65 wrote: »

As far as installing store content, I had trouble when I tried clicking the box to include the entire page. Instead I went page by page starting with the biggest files (worlds, compilations, lots) selecting one or two at a time based on how big I felt the files were. I'd install them then go to the onesy-twosy items, selecting all the ones on each page and installing one page at a time. I thought I'd mention it just in case you are trying to install everything at once.

Exactly how I approach the whole install too @IdahoGal65 !

I install worlds first, then compilations, then sets, then build items, hair, and lastly clothes. You can check out my install guide in my siggie.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    ghssd15goexr.png
    I deleted the one rug
    www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9567962