Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,202 Member
    Finally back home now, it was a veeery long trip with a train that broke
    and we had to sleep at a hotel over night but now finally home.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,776 Member
    edited September 2023
    Should be getting my new charger soon. I believe that’s the issue, because when I plug the current one in, the light on the charger blinks. If I get the new one and it still doesn’t work, then I think it has to be the laptop. But, the laptop worked fine just prior to me moving it. I unplugged it to clean the table I use as a desk and that’s when it stopped so that’s why I think it’s the charger. If that’s it, then I’ll be updating with the Goths once I get it. I really miss my Sims family.

NwiBCAu.jpg
    Picture from my last update before the computer issue

Also, RIP to Michael Gambon, the actor who played Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter from Prisoner of Azkaban to Deathly Hallows Part 2. He replaced Richard Harris who played him in the first two movies.

7wgSQbY.jpg

Second Edit: Old charger works on my previous laptop so now I’m thinking my current laptop is having an issue.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited October 2023
    EDIT: Well, it would appear that the forum has managed to bug something up, so if you're interested in reading my latest chapter - unfortunately - you're gonna have to copy and paste the following into the adress bar of your browser..

My goodness...

*edit2: Or just click the above as a link. Somehow that works..

Next update is posted, though the play session is from two days ago, as you can see since Inges winter outfit was already revealed in the Autumn Fashion Photoshoot Challenge thread. I didn't have time to add text to the images until today because of work, so it's still the latest one..

Also, another word of warning before reading, the ending is directly anticlimactic and will leave you feeling disappointed, let down and confused! ;) ..but maybe time will show it's not so bad after all? :P

Chapter 5.5 – December 2023: part I – What if only....

Screenshot-10.jpg

Oliver Freddy wakes up this morning with some concerns about the future, following what Skip told him just the other day...

Screenshot-23.jpg

That very same Skip was having some argument outside with Jonathan, when a pizza that Inge had ordered for breakfast just arrived... Skip, of course, takes the pizza and brings outside claiming it was ordered by his girlfriend...

Screenshot-32.jpg

Inge puts on her new outerwear to brave the winter weather and finish the painting she started last month before she takes the exam, when Jonathan does something unexpected and, well, acts a little strange...

Screenshot-124.jpg

When they're all done with their exams, Inge gets a party invitiation again from Jefferey Dean, so she calls up Samantha to have the three of them go together. They have fun, but the evening might not end excactly like neither Oliver Freddy or Inge might have wanted it to end..

Todays Artbreeder photo:

IVFjltw.png

Samantha Grey (37 years old)

So yeah. I had told myself I wouldn't be doing EA made sims for this, but.. Samantha had made herself the third most prominent character among the University Sims by becoming friends with Inge, so as time passed it just felt more and more wrong to not make one of her.. :P

So yeah, she's an art student and aside from Oliver Freddy, she is Inges best friend in this place. She also the oldest of the Grey siblings, the other three siblings being Ulrikke Grey, a local fire fighter, Alexander Grey, a journalist that enjoys spending time outside peacefully watching the wild flowers, and Tony Grey, who I don't really know to well yet... and of course, their mother Susie Grey who was already introduced.
    jEM1zrH.jpg
    Ulrikke and Alexander Grey in their home, 'The Grey Junior' house.

CPhS8jt.jpg
    Tony Grey on the treadmill at the gym.

She is also a supernatural since she is a werewolf. And that's another violation of my original rule of not wanting occults in this storyline.. but.. the reason for keeping her a such is because of her last name..
    In Norwegian, there is a word Gråbein, which is an old fashioned word for wolf, which directly translates to Greybone.. so, I thought I would use this coincidence and keep her as a werewolf. Greybone in the context of this story, is a word that is offensive to anyone of the Grey family. It's what the supernatural skeptics will call them...
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @BlackSand Thank you, I need all the luck I can get :p
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,776 Member
    Well, it’s definitely something going on with the Alienware. I don’t know what it is, plus I can’t take it anywhere to get it fixed or afford a new one currently. Unfortunately, I think I’m done with the Sims but I will at least stay a minor part of this thread and the Sims community.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

Finished the House in Dragon Valley

53225367983_b5f5e6ba07_k.jpg

53225611130_a4aee86785_k.jpg

53225493099_90f3935b1a_k.jpg

53225493449_074b38fc1f_k.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

There is an issue with links to other sites on the forums being denied. I posted a new discussion in Help thread and tagged EA_Cade. I'm pretty sure it's an issue with how the forums are handling redirects.

Here is @Sims4MagicalTales link (press and hold on any link on phone to copy that link):

denied:/en_US/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&target=https%3A%2F%2Fspellboundsimmersmagicaltales.blogspot.com%2F2023%2F09%2Fgeneration-5-zelda-and-hilda-chapter-23.html

Erase everything before http
    Replace %3A with a colon ":" and each instance of %2F with a forward slash "/"

To download the Cape Albacore world for the new collaboration project, go directly to @Hidehi uploads on the Exchange. Yes, even links on the Store/Exchange are being denied.

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    Hello everyone. I've been working hard on the next episode of The Perfect Genetics Challenge. I need to take a break now but all I need to do is add the music, which will take an hour or so, then save it as an MP4 file which will take almost half an hour, then load it to YouTube which will take several hours. So I'd expect it to be available to watch on Tuesday some time. I'd like it to be there for you on Monday but think that's going to be expecting too much of my slow upload speed.

There is a lot happening in this episode.

Bye for now
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    I've been sick so I'm a bit behind, there is like a week of things done, but no posts.

Holly Alto went into labor, her man never showed up so Charlie took her to the hospital even though she was on a date with Stiles.
    exotpvo.jpg

Kylie and Tamaras son doing homework together.
    sQr6QNW.jpg
    Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017
  • Options
    scribbly_simsscribbly_sims Posts: 56 Member
    Episode 3 of my Bachelor Challenge is up! Check out how the bachelor does with speed dating all of the girls in the villa!

GROUP3.jpg
    ~ Read my blog here!
    ~j0q06q6qq6n1.jpg
  • Options

@scribbly_sims ... The links aren't working at the moment, but I still managed to get there ... :D
    @texansky gave a few tips on how we can get where we need to go.

Anyway ... Looks like everyone enjoyed the pancakes.
    Looks like Bobby enjoyed the hot tub ... And good luck to the young ladies on Elimination Day coming up.

Happy Simming!

• Options

Moved In and Met Some of the Only Folks in Town
    Day Three ... Got the visit from the Local Burglar.

53227979344_51c33b854a_k.jpg

"Yeah ... Careful with the attitude Officer ... I've been on the other side of cuffs before.

You two just became two-thirds of the 3 folks I know out here in the middle of nowhere ...
    And if it comes down to it at the moment, I'm flipping a quarter on who I call over for dinner.
    It's between you and her ... Because the mailman wears a silly Bee Keepers Hat when not in uniform."

Happy Simming! ... :D

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,202 Member
    Great updates everyone!
  • Options
    scribbly_simsscribbly_sims Posts: 56 Member
    @BlackSand oops didn't realise it was a site-wide thing! Hopefully it's fixed soon but for now you can read it by searching my blog!

scribblysims.blogspot.com
    ~ Read my blog here!
    ~j0q06q6qq6n1.jpg
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    I see links are working now. That's great. I wonder what caused it.. Guess it's some kind of upgrade. Usually there's always something breaking here or there whenever there's an upgrade. :P

Anyway.. here is my next update.

Chapter 5.5 – December 2023: part II – Another semester has passed...

Quick summary:

Screenshot-8.jpg

Peace and quiet (and lots of snow) has found the lake now that everyone is done with their exams for the semester...

Screenshot-55.jpg

To mark the end of the semester Inge calls up Samantha to go and eat at The Forest Cot Restaurant, before they have to leave. They meet Walter Fullman outside, and Inge asks him to join too, because she doesn't want to be the kind to let anyone feel alone and excluded. ;)

Screenshot-71.jpg

They enjoy a nice meal together, before they warm themselves on the bonfire. Some things get a little weird, maybe, but overall they have a good time. Yeah, there's a giant bonfire right at the centre of the restaurant, just bear with me on that one... ;)

Screenshot-188.jpg

Then it's time to pack their bags, say bye to everyone and leave.. for now.. ;)

----

No Artbreeder photo today. There were none I wanted to show right now, so I'm saving them for later.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,672 Member
    The visual effect of the full moon makes Danqing look very impressive
    pPLO7rt.jpg
    pPLOHqP.jpg

Danqing is telling the ghost story.
    pPLOqVf.jpg
    But what the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of this?!
    pPLOLa8.jpg
    pPLOOIS.jpg

The full version of Daffodil.
    pPLOvGQ.jpg
    pPLOjPg.jpg

I used nraas to make them appear, I have tested it and have not found any bugs so far.
    pPLXpMn.jpg

I have been restricted because I do not have a paid package for the img host.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited October 2023
    Nothing much is happening. But yes, I've started to feel better...somewhat.
    AeHRaRN.jpg
    u5khGPl.jpg
    WzwrMkT.jpg
    VAtYytO.jpg
    Trying to unsuccessfully eliminate that Bunch kid.
    tPJ2lad.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Well, jeepers creepers...I think I managed to kick this thing to the point where I'm able to actually post my latest...screencap adventures
    The Chikamori Legacy (Excerpt)
    Chapter One (cont.)

PVjKOw2.jpg
    Snapping back to the present day, Haruo came awake as he heard the alarm go off, uttering a pungent oath that could curdle milk. He did not like mornings at all, especially not after the last day he had. Taking a deep breath he gathered himself up from out of his blankets and yawned deeply as he realized that the time was almost five in the morning. If he was going to make his new property work for him, he would end up having to get up early and work hard to make his property viable. The property was large enough that if he picked the right crops to plant, he could make a decent amount of a living from the sale of the crops. I need a shower. Haruo thought to himself as he pulled his legs towards him, shifted to get up and placed both feet on the floor. It was an annoyance, what he’d gone through yesterday and he was still annoyed to a certain extent. But as his father had promised him, the double-wide was his refuge that he had sole occupancy of. After all, Haruo had purchased it with his own money and he didn’t want other people living in there at all really.
    ABCkRKY.jpg
    Then getting dressed he made his way to the kitchen where he made his morning breakfast of orange pancakes. It was one of the morning staples that invigorated him; the aroma of oranges and a little dash of orange zest permeating his little space of a double-wide. His first true home that he could call his own.
    a6iYc7x.jpg
    He took a long moment to gaze at his nearly empty living room. He was going to have a major problem when it came down to buying furniture. Or he could just scrounge it from the local dumpsters. Others were in a habit of throwing out perfectly good furniture when it no longer fit their aesthetic – so why not take advantage of the situation and snag some pieces at a good price. And it couldn’t get any better than free.

The Previous Evening
    Yasunobu’s House; Downstairs Suite

OGJIDP6.jpg
    “Maybe moving in with him isn’t the best idea.”
    arF3qBn.jpg
    River sniffled and said sarcastically, “Understatement of the year! Mom.”
    x5q1nMH.jpg
    There was a knock at the door,
    ar4JfLw.jpg
    “Yasunobu…?” Fiona said.
    6OqYHXx.jpg
    “I hear my son not want you in his place…”
    uU16AV8.jpg
    “Well, understandably, I sprung it on him suddenly without any consultation and well. I can see why he wouldn’t be too happy about it.”
    oearyCu.jpg
    “If, OK, you stay here.”
    sY7QZ8y.jpg
    “Won’t that annoy your wife?”
    qhp1oqw.jpg
    Yasunobu grinned, “No concern. I control. She no can say anything more. My money my house; she make trouble, you tell me...I kick her out.” he gestured to take in his surroundings, “My decision. I call Haruo and tell him you stay here.”
    YuIc5D5.jpg
    Fiona was relieved. Mayumi was unable to kick them out since Yasunobu was thoroughly in charge of what went on in this house. And she didn’t have to administer an uncomfortable truce between her daughter and Yasunobu’s son. “Thank you, Yasunobu. That’s so kind of you.”
    CZUEi7A.jpg
    “OK, you no need pack, you stay here and I keep wife quiet.” He grinned.
    wjCSq7h.jpg
    River was looking quite relieved at the thought of not having to be around Haruo after the hard rejection of her admission. She wasn’t sure how to feel other than hurt and angry; not just at the rejection but the assumption that she would think that because of what he went through with his mother that he’d receive more of the same from her.

Just where does Haruo get off thinking that I’m going to be a witch to him just like his mother did to him? I wouldn’t but the fact that he thinks that way…he’s been hurt terribly with no place to turn because his mother didn’t lay a finger on him - the cops wouldn’t do a confounded thing because well they wouldn’t believe that words didn’t cut to the bone; that psychological damage was just a virulent and probably more insidious if you had no proof of being battered. It’s all in your head; just get over it and man up.
    BTse35c.jpg
    River felt again like she was about to burst into tears, not for herself but for the man she still loved regardless of his rejection of her. He didn’t have anyone to turn to so he was going to cocoon himself in a blanket of solitude in order to evade the hurt and pain that he was going to have to face in order to deal with the years of mental abuse that had come down the turnpike from that witch of a mother of his. He was going to have to deal with years of complex post-traumatic stress disorder with a counselor from years of dealing with Mayumi’s abuse.

And the hard question in her mind was could she crack open that cocoon that he’d erected to protect himself.

The part of her heart that had been sorely wounded by his callous behavior told her to run away as fast as she could. Avoid ever having to deal with him ever again.

But the part of her who had spent so many years with him as a friend, said, you can’t leave him like this if you’ve ever considered him your friend because you’ll prove right everything he believes is true if you do. He believes that he’s not worth anything to anyone; and I have to prove to him that he is worth something to me.

She said to herself, I’ll give him a few days to get used to the fact that he’s on his own then I’ll go see what he’s doing. I’m not giving up on him. She resolved to herself as she looked out the window at the darkness.

But was she going to be able to withstand the veritable windstorm she was going to end up unleashing? All the years of pent-up frustration and anger held inside of him in a tight grip so that he would never let it get out of control. He needed to release all that to heal, River understood, but would she be able to withstand that fury if it was directed at her? He needed to gain closure, to heal from the multiple dripping emotional wounds that still covered him. To do that, he would have to face pain like he’d never felt before: the realization that his mother never loved him nor had she wanted the responsibility of raising a child to adulthood along with its accompanying bumps in the road of child-rearing.
    j7Nm0NV.jpg
    River contemplated how Haruo would feel throughout the process. Uncovering the raw wound that ate at him. The simple fact was that Mayumi quite possibly used Haruo as a means to an end; to gain acceptance from her father; Haruo’s Grandpa who had been a hard man to please. After all, this was pre-WWI and WWII and post-WWII was coming to grips that they had to rebuild their future so there was no time for the Miyagawas to even contemplate having a moment to rest and think. The children were expected to perform in their academics at a high calibre or run the risk of not being able to cement a stable future. And that extended to the grandchildren too. And Haruo’s mother, Mayumi spent most of her time dumping all over her son; probably as a result of being dumped all over by Grandpa Miyagawa. That still didn’t excuse Mayumi for all the pain that she had inflicted on her son, River pondered. Her abuse was the main reason why Haruo reacted the way he did to any sort of stressful situation. He ended up cocooning himself to keep from being emotionally hurt again. That way, he could get through the everyday things that one needed to do to make a living. But it was avoidance of those painful memories that was preventing him from healing, that made his life so raw whenever stressful things were brought up.

But if he wouldn’t go to therapy...this was going to be the crux where she would have to decide if she had to leave him. He needed help; his anger was a cry for help and River was going to insist that he get therapy to deal with the things his mother had done to him.
    PLwbTZV.jpg
    A tear spilled out from her filling eyes, otherwise...we don’t have a future together.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    Sleeping with a Falcon perched on your shoulder.... ow...

JQUwfOI.jpg
    Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited October 2023
    Hello All.

Just a quick update. The video (The Perfect Genetics Challenge Generation 2 Episode 13) is on YouTube but it's pending and has been pending for well over an hour now. I don't know what that means or how long it'll be before it's available for you to watch. I'm just waiting on YouTube. It's finished processing to HD. Just Pending now.

Happy Simming

EDIT: It says it's waiting for the SD version of the video to finish processing.

Edit again:
    I deleted the link as the Processing has been abandoned on the video. I need to delete it and try again.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    edited October 2023

53230281636_1088ab3b87_k.jpg

"Hey there, is this Crystal ... Great-great, and glad you answered.
    This is Allsion Wildwind and you were busted robbing my house a few nights ago.
    Uh Yeah ... I got your contact info off Barney Fife's report ... *a little snicker added*."

Happy Simming!

• Options
    edited October 2023
    BlackSand wrote: »
    ."Hey there, is this Crystal ... Great-great, and glad you answered.
    This is Allsion Wildwind and you were busted robbing my house a few nights ago.
    Uh Yeah ... I got your contact info off Barney Fife's report ... *a little snicker added*."

If I were Crystal, I'd be worried. 👀
    GYZ6Ak9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top