Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Chef Hustle Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    This wasn't my experience but I can see the advantages. Maybe set the table, go to the bathroom, etc.

You could probably run several appliances at the same time.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Pizza recipes.

SDBIrhU.png

AKEbp83.png

vj8K6gh.png

D1RAc8f.png

#EA Creator Network

Where's my Plasma pizza? :<

I'm surprised there was no meatlover's pizza for sims and werewolves.

That would require them to care about occults. 🙄
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 37 Member
    I actually like that sims can leave the new appliances and do other things (kinda want tea and coffee makers to have similar behavior now). Sure, the player might forget, but as long as it doesn't burn, right?
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    This wasn't my experience but I can see the advantages. Maybe set the table, go to the bathroom, etc.

You could probably run several appliances at the same time.

I will definitely try that! It works nicely with the juice fizzers, one sim can comfortably start nine fizzing machines before the first is ready to get harvested (up to eleven machines, actually, but that's stressful).
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited September 2023
    I tested out that should this food stand be placed in a community space (or Marketplace), will it have a vendor stock it with candles and sell them on the food stand.

Answer: no. No NPC vendor will ever touch these food stands in community spaces.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Looking for a few more colors for a stand mixer?

un4KVqZ.png

Get it here.

https://myshunosun.com/
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited September 2023
    My Sim Robin made a pizza with the new oven! If you hover over the food whilst it's cooking, it tells you how long it has left to cook. This applies to the pizza oven and waffle maker. The appliance will ping when it's done.

8TDHOHc.jpg
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Looking for a few more colors for a stand mixer?

un4KVqZ.png

Get it here.

https://myshunosun.com/

Oooh, I really like this! Thanks @simgirl1010 :)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    @Lucy_Henley that's good to know. Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @lemonella you're welcome. The yellow one is a perfect match for the cabinets.
  • Options
    I'm seeing a couple of reports of random townies trying to use the Food Stall appliances so you may want to consider some type of enclosure.
  • Options
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    I've been looking forward to this one. I have a story with two chefs and I feel like this will be really useful for their storylines. I just got home from work so I haven't had a chance to delve into the gameplay aspects, but I did check out the build/buy items. I did a quick redecorating job on one of my sims homes to check out the counters and appliances.

Before, with cc...
    VNciOSh.png
    cJVmGN1.png

After using only HCH items except for the barstools which are cc...
    ln2NZVZ.png
    5m80wC0.png

I love all of them except the fridge. I'm good with the looks, but in this particular build it just doesn't work. It's the width that's the issue.
    1KL3455.png

It would probably be ok in a build where there's more room to move it around a little so that it doesn't clip into the cabinet and walls. It's just a tiny bit wider than a full tile. To avoid clipping it needs to be in an area where there's nothing on one of the adjacent tiles.
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 37 Member
    A question to anyone who owns the new pack ... about those cabinets, is it possible to change the color and/or intensity on their lighting? I was wondering about it since I tend to use cooler lighting in my builds and those seem to be more on the warmer side.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited September 2023

That would require them to care about occults. 🙄

Ripperoni no pepperoni for the occults. :#

Personally surprised Alien occults even got referenced at ALL.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    When I heard the word "hustle" in the pack name, I basically decided it wasn't for me, since it sounded like another gig-based or side-hustle type career like the ones in Paranormal, Dream Home Decorator and High School Years. All careers riddled with bugs which I never ever use. There's a lot more to like in Paranormal and High School Years even if you don't use the careers, but not in Dream Home Decorator, and I didn't want another pack that seemed like it would be based around such a career.

But! It looks like the "hustle" is not a career or gig thing, but based around a more developed version of the sales tables! I love the sales tables from City Living and Eco Lifestyle and have used them for many characters. They work great. The only issue is sometimes they don't attract customers when placed on park lots, but it's easy enough to set them up on neighborhood terrain just outside the park lot where it will work. I even had my Unlucky Chef character, Kevin Nomnom, regularly sell tiramisu and sushi off a sales table at 200% markup while he was working on his skills. :)

If it seems from people's reports that the food stall works as well as the sales tables, I'm definitely in!

I always understood hustle as in "side hustle" - don't quit you day jobb but compliments your income to make ends meet. I found the term annoying and I originally wanted to pass on this dlc, but I love artisan style pizza, waffles to no end, and the food cc makes my game lag and unplayable. I feel like the functioning stand mixer and this food upgrade should be base game, but I get it.

Kitchen is gorgeous and my style completely. I think more kitchen build buy is essential for game play and home renovations.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I’ve noticed that there are three upgrade options for the waffle maker and pizza oven: unbreakable, self-cleaning and ‘speedy bake’. I’m not sure how much faster the food cooks if you use ‘speedy bake’.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member

I really love this!! Thank you for sharing! Does anybody know where to download this italian pizza oven? :)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @mrs_starkey I added the creator's instructions on building it. It requires the fireplace from Jungle Adventure.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Just bought this pack and loving the style! It goes really well with the Dream Home and Eco packs for a nice clean, modern look.

Also just discovered that you can fit 2 top cabinets together with MOO cheat (if you dont like the corner shelves) and they work like a proper corner unit! Given they dont glitch or clip at all Im assuming they were designed that way to give you 2 corner options.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Absolutely adore this pack! :love: Tried out a bit of the gameplay last night with Bob Pancakes and renovated his kitchen. Seeing the neighbours come by to try his waffles was soo cute. Small struggle of mine is coming up with a satisfactory name for the food stall. For now I've settled on Bob's Bakes & Buffet.

I enjoyed prepping food the most and the ability to do other things while the appliances are working in the background. When Bob's alien son ages up to a child I'll have him work the stall with Bob too. They could add pizza to the menu. :yum:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-