Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Chef Hustle Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    @mrs_starkey I added the creator's instructions on building it. It requires the fireplace from Jungle Adventure.

Great! Thank you very much. :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    You're welcome! I'm going to try this later and build the pizza oven on the patio. Next to the grill.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I'm having a lot of fun with this new stuff pack. One of the first Sims 4 sims I ever made was going to be a cupcake baker but we really didn't have a good way to make the cupcakes or sell them so she has just been sitting in my gallery for many years. It's really fun to bring her back and start her little business for real.
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 37 Member
    Really enjoying being able to prep meals. I tend to have my sims become self-sufficient by either tending gardens or fishing a ton, so it helps to be able to make use of excess vegetables and fish I no longer need. All of the meals look tasty as well!
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    F7MP9k2h.png
    I thought since she lives out in the middle of nowhere she wouldn't have anyone but they piled over.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    I wonder, if you put tables, will Sims sit and eat at the tables like we saw in th teaser?
  • Options
    Ill have to test tables, i took one of my other couples to her house and they were able to start the sell but looks like the money went to her instead of them. Which is a nice touch if that is how its supposed to be.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    I lock the house to everyone but household members but have a picnic table outside and a lot of sims sit at it while they eat.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    You're welcome! I'm going to try this later and build the pizza oven on the patio. Next to the grill.

I've got to put something like this on Matteo and Liberty's veranda! I've been pretending this dome shaped cc grill is Matteo's wood fired pizza oven...
    HhjEjWg.png

It's just a grill though. I can put the new wood fired oven where that tall grill in the back ground is! I can't wait to play around with this and see what's possible. I have some ideas I'm playing with that include that dome shaped grill. If I can get that to work as a pizza oven and a grill I'll be so happy.😁
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    editnxghgghd2JyJ6w1h.png
    They sometimes sit or stand.
    AIj2SAhh.png
    And yeah prefer picnic tables.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    @Kerrigan and @RedDestiny92 Thank you for your feedback
  • Options
    Lactose free batter available for some wedding cakes.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    It's surprisingly good fun setting up your own bake sale, really enjoying this so far.
    Curious about weight gain in townie sims, they're buying and eating so many cupcakes and pizza, wonder if it will have an affect.
  • Options
    I dont remember which thread I memtioned it in but if you're wondering about weight gain and have the ice cream maker you can make taste of diet, sims love ice cream they will lose that extra shape immediately after finishing their food. Also not shaming it is fine to want to control it.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I dont remember which thread I memtioned it in but if you're wondering about weight gain and have the ice cream maker you can make taste of diet, sims love ice cream they will lose that extra shape immediately after finishing their food. Also not shaming it is fine to want to control it.

That's about the only desert my sims order in a restaurant if they have already eaten and are full. :lol:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I was very lazy. I took a kitchen someone else had made and built a house around it. Saved a lot of time!
  • Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    This is a little thing, but it makes such a big difference: I love that the first people who come to your food sales are the sims who are local to the world you're currently in. It creates such a sense of community, and actually makes using the food stand a great way to meet the locals in a place. Kudos to the Sims team for this tidy bit of programming!
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    editnxghgghd2JyJ6w1h.png
    They sometimes sit or stand.
    AIj2SAhh.png
    And yeah prefer picnic tables.

Woohoo! I just asked about this in another thread. Glad to see they will sit. :) I want this pack so bad!
  • Options
    oh glad you saw lol, yeah it is a nice addition, and while I insist on collecting sims things at least until I see if Rene is good or not I really just like this one.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    New Styled Rooms for The Sims 4 Home Chef Hustle Pack
    You Make The Sims featuring Laireen

Laireen, an unbelievable creator known for her breathtaking gallery creations, has been playing The Sims™ since the first installation. Currently residing in Copenhagen, Denmark, The Sims has become a creative reprieve from her demanding professional life. She purchased the game the day it came out in 2000, primarily exploring the chaotic gameplay and storytelling it offered. However it wasn’t until she discovered building that she began to flourish, “with The Sims 4, my inner builder definitely came to life. Now building is all I do. My favorite builds are community lots, often inspired by my own neighborhood or places I’ve visited. And I love build challenges, they kick me out of my comfort zone and give me new inspiration”.

For our upcoming The Sims 4 Home Chef Hustle Stuff Pack, we’ve collaborated with Laireen to create a charming European inspired styled room that players can use in their builds. This ready made kitchen can be easily inserted into existing builds adding instant charisma to your Sim’s home.

As a part of our ongoing YMTS series, we’re continuing to spotlight creators across the world who inspire us and the game we make. We sat down and spoke with Laireen about the inspiration behind her build and the behind the scenes process of collaborating on a stuff pack.

Can you describe the styled room you built for the stuff pack? Where did you draw design and decor inspiration from?

When building my styled room for this pack, I was inspired by the Nordic, very light and airy type of kitchens you’d see here in Denmark, where I live. The especially sleek design of the cabinets, the built-in lighting, and the L-shaped counter space are popular design choices here, and I wanted to show off these features, as well as some of the most common color swatches; white, lightwood, and black.

In addition, I wanted to emphasize kitchens can be more than just a room to prepare food. Kitchens are also able to work as a multi-purpose room; a place where family and friends come together, hang out and socialize while cooking. It’s a hub where the kids do homework, while the adults cook; or where the older generations pass on secret family recipes to other members of their family on family cooking days. I added a dining table, a high chair and a radio to accommodate these activities.

4Nwsf9P.png

What sort of Sim would live in this styled room? What kind of traits and interests do you imagine they would have?

I pictured a family of several generations including elders, adults, teens, children, and toddlers using this kitchen, for cooking - individually or together, or as a social hotspot in the house. They interact by listening to the radio, catching up on reading, doing homework or other social activities together. Their traits and interests would obviously be focused on family, socializing, cooking, and baking.

We’re so excited to see what players do with your styled room! What sort of houses and lots do you see them using with the room?

I myself would definitely use this kitchen for multiple generation family homes, most likely those suburban type homes. But I can also see this kitchen being used in apartments as well, as the kitchen is very conveniently furnished with a dining table, making it easy to add to a house in game, giving you a kitchen and a dining room in one.

The Sims 4 Home Chef Hustle Pack is all about honing your skills and exploring your passions. Do you have any passions you’d like to pursue?

I have a couple of other creative outlets besides building in the Sims, of course. Occasionally I create graphics for print on t-shirts, mugs etc., and I’m currently working on some ideas for personalized artwork, but it’s just on the drawing board as of now. Lately I’ve been looking into taking some classes in silver jewelry making, but that would be for my own enjoyment, not something I plan on making into a side hustle - some things you have to keep for yourself!

We’re seeing a lot of really exciting new Kitchen appliances being added to this pack, are any of them featured in your styled room? Which ones are you most excited about?

In my styled room kitchen, I’ve added the pizza oven and the stand mixer. I’m without a doubt mostly excited about the pizza oven! I mean - who doesn’t want to be able to make real Italian chef’s pizzas at home???

YSWveCi.png

You were lucky enough to see a sneak peek into the pack, what are you excited for your fellow Simmers to explore?

The Anywhere Any Fare Food Stand – easy! Being able to bring the selling table around with you and sell your homemade goods? Being able to live off your own cooking and baking skills, being your own boss? I can’t WAIT to try out the gameplay with this.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/you-make-the-sims-with-laireen
  • Options
    pQcNYkTh.png
    I noticed the little lunch bag and I never see them unless my sims make them but of course she hadn't as she was in the middle of a sale, I made her open it.
    wtiNu4yh.png
    Seems like her customer couldn't finish it, don't know if that is because of the pack or not but if so that is cool a little doggie bag, next time maybe they'll take it with them.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I had a quick question about the pack. I'm assuming customers buy single servings of food from the table?
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I had a quick question about the pack. I'm assuming customers buy single servings of food from the table?
    Yes, I set out whole pizzas, ice cream cartons, and cupcake platters on mine. Each customer bought a single serving, some even sat at the tables I set out to eat them. The ice cream is fun because they will even have the toppings on them, if you set up those on the carton before adding them to your table.
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Yes, I set out whole pizzas, ice cream cartons, and cupcake platters on mine. Each customer bought a single serving, some even sat at the tables I set out to eat them. The ice cream is fun because they will even have the toppings on them, if you set up those on the carton before adding them to your table.

I'm glad that works! The same people come back for seconds and thirds. I wonder if Weight of the World Ice Cream will put fat on all of the guests! hahaha