Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,627 Member
    edited September 2023
    Moving Day, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

Between them and with some input from the children, the sketches for their new house were completed. Erik then worked hand in hand with the Architect of choice to polish the design and then convert it to Blue Prints. Once this was done, the Contractor gathered his crew and the building of The Arbordale commenced. From time to time Erik went onsight. He loved walking the foundation in between the framework, getting a feeling for his new dwelling. Much like he enjoyed listening to the playback of each of his music tracks. Experiencing the joy of seeing his creation come into being.

Whether it was because he was a celebrity or not, from first pour to final coat of paint, the entire process took three months. Early Fall was upon them. The movers came while the five youngest kids were in school. Jamison was in and out all day, too. He had two movie parts to film, a photoshoot and then Drama Club in the late afternoon. Erik, never one to be idle, busily recorded tracks for another album, Father and children all came together late in the day. By the time they reached their new location in Crescent Ridge, the furnishings were in place. All they had to do was assign bedrooms.

“Oh, my,” Melodie said upon arrival. “It’s so different. I’m used to looking at boxes on a page, but wow. I can’t wait to see my room.”
    qdzz68o.jpg
    PUyvcCi.jpg
    jBOnygW.jpg
    1IRQ6jm.jpg

“Okay, I’m going to go fetch the horses, now. Jamison? Are you coming along?”
    “Yeah, Dad. I’m done for the day.” Jamison smiled. His father was very excited like a little kid at Christmas. He never showed how much it bothered him not being able to house his own animals. He was very happy for him.
    “Let’s go, the sun is descending.”
    Aaron was outside with the horses when they arrived. “I was beginning to think I had the wrong day,” he said.
    sKGJ0Wf.jpg
    The horses whinnied at this. “I think they’re happy to see you.”
    QFfqkfR.jpg
    “Thanks for taking care of them, I owe you,” Erik said, smiling.
    “Nah, pay me in juggles if you’ve got a minute.”
    “Sure, happy to.”
    eDoDnYU.jpg
    sUN64h6.jpg

“Be careful, there, Jamison. Go slowly,” Erik cautioned.
    “Okay, Dad.”
    “That’s Shadowfax.":
    “The one who kept tossing you off of his back?”
    “Yeah, that’s the one.”
    nlCjgss.jpg
    9i1Obmr.jpg

“Okay, Dad, I think we should get going. Mom’s going to wonder where we went.”
    wA5QybI.jpg
    “Don’t be a stranger,” Aaron said.
    “You, either. We’re not that far away and you’re welcome anytime.”
    m2Kmt6B.jpg

Back home again, they got the horses settled in the back. The Paparazzi, of course, followed them as they placed the horses into the conveyance and took the Hovercraft back to Crescent Ridge. Jamison took a moment to soothe Shadowfax by giving the beast a nice brushing before leading him around back to the stable.
    “There you go. Easy, there, easy.”
    OTVGMoG.jpg
    9CPu6Ev.jpg

H6ViSdQ.jpg
    v6gQzeh.jpg

Before long, Lady Galadrial made herself quite at home. She meandered into the chicken yard to make some new friends.
    FRrEjBB.jpg

While Erik and Jamison were busy rounding up the horses, Kayleigh sat in the Family Room with the younger children, helping them, jointly, with their homework. “I know you’re all excited to be in our new home and you want to explore. This is a first for all of you, moving like this. But homework still has to get done. You each have school tomorrow.”

“Aww, Mom,” they jointly complained.
    “You’ll have lots of time to check the place out later. Homework, first.”
    nWrF50e.jpg

When the kids were all settled into their very own rooms, Erik went out back. He had hired a Professional gardener to get his fruits and vegetables started anew, and he was amazed at what he found. Some of the flowers and plants were unfamiliar to him. And just why was there a noxious elderberry plant growing? That has to go. As he puttered around, caring for the plants, it came to mind that he was going to have to group them differently, so he knew just what was what.
    0IxcWo0.jpg
    YP3mv1w.jpg
    8DVAzHA.jpg

All in all, Erik was very happy and he was glad to see his children so excited over this move. He hoped each of them would be as happy as he was in their new place.

All for now. Thanks for reading.:)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,970 Member
    @GalacticGal ,
    very enjoyable chapter. He sure will need help with the greenhouse, that's huge :smiley:

Or soon he has no time to sing, other than to the plants :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @GalacticGal ,
    very enjoyable chapter. He sure will need help with the greenhouse, that's huge :smiley:

Or soon he has no time to sing, other than to the plants :D

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. As for the greenhouse, I found that, complete with plants, on the Gallery! And he does have help. He's got SIX children. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,903 Member
    @GalacticGal The new place looks amazing.🙂 Hopefully Erik left whatever curse or bad juju there was behind.

@Starfree I was right, the apartment is by Summerrplays. It's called 1020 Alto Apartments and it's listed under rooms.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I ended up deciding to split my 400 screenshots into 3 chapters. Here's the first of the three.

Chapter 13: The Career Fair

53145788291_96cbfbd80d_h.jpg

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18311388/#Comment_18311388
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,451 Member
    edited September 2023
    Thanks @DaniRose2143 it looks great (put it in game so I could see it before commenting) 🙂. Just need to make sure the door works since the one she used overlaps the default one lol. My rich sim whose aiming to get every degree at uni should love it once I redecorate a little 🙂.
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    Thanks @DaniRose2143 it looks great (put it in game so I could see it before commenting) 🙂. Just need to make sure the door works since the one she used overlaps the default one lol. My rich sim whose aiming to get every degree at uni should love it once I redecorate a little 🙂.

If you're comfortable with it, you can use T.O.O.L. to get rid of the default door. If not your sims will still be able to go in and out like normal.
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,274 Member
    Okay this is what I have been dealing with in my game, 2 years ago one of my sims became friends with a sim name Iosefina in college, after he finished college, his little brother started dating Iosefina and now her name is Fina I changed it because I noticed my game 2 years ago started spawning loads of Iosefine's and it continues to do that now. I keep some and upload them to gallery and the rest I delete, I would say I deleted so many Iosefina's I've lost count.

I did report it on EA forum already as a bug going on in my game, I don't know if anyone else is dealing with this same bug.

09-18-23_5-02-26_PM.png

Too_many.png

They all look the same, same hair, eye color, eye shape and skin color, that often but one will spawn in with a lighter skin color or darker, but they all look very similar.
    new.png
  • Options
    @misty4m That's really weird. I've never seen anything like that in my game.

I need to hurry up and get this next Schemes and Dreams written so I can share Mimi's new on stage look. I'm dying to show it off, but I want to reveal it in the story. It's based on that pink belted jacket dress, but with the wig, makeup, and accessories. I have to get busy and finish writing!
  • Options
    LittleLeotaLittleLeota Posts: 680 Member

I began the Anti-Legacy Challenge today. My low class family started out okay, but things went south quickly. Kyle and Amie were smitten with each other at first. Then they got to where they couldn't stand to be around each other. They had one child - a son named Judd. He was still an infant when Amie became pregnant with their second child.

One evening she was cooking (I can't even remember what it was), and the stove caught fire. They ran outside and just stood there watching the flames devour their home. Suddenly, in the midst of the emergency, Amie left for work, just setting poor Judd on the ground! Also, Amie was nearly in her 3rd trimester.

Kyle was immobilized with fear, so it was fortunate that a neighboring teenage girl ran over to hold her umbrella over little Judd. Oh yeah, did I mention it was raining too?!

When Amie finally returned home the fire was still burning. By then, both Amie and Kyle were exhausted and kept passing out on the ground. They also both had bathroom accidents, and Amie got so hungry that she only had hours before she would starve to death, and baby Judd was less than 24 hours from being taken away.

Fortunately, the fire burned itself out at last, and Kyle, Amie and Judd went to the rec center in San Sequoia to get some food, use the restrooms, change Judd's diaper, take showers, and sleep on the benches outside while Judd slept on the playmat inside.

Then they went home to assess the damage, all the while Kyle and Amie argued with each other. They replaced the necessary furniture and appliances, but their carpet is still burned.

The following day was Judd's birthday. Amie baked a cake for him, but she was asleep when Kyle helped Judd blow out the candles.

Less than 24 hours later, Amie gave birth to their baby girl, Crystal. Only 9 more generations to go!
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    (Continuing in my Sims 4 legacy challenge -- sitting on Gen 1 & 2 currently)

F1RZvXa.jpg
    Gen 1 heir-apparent, Jadzia Dax Winslow

Chronicle of the....Wizard? Tobias Winslow.

Unwittingly, my curious daughter, the soul of hardened rationality, has introduced us both to the realm of the Beyond. She would have never expected to, of course. A programmer, a scientist, she thought only in terms of cold logic, pure reason, material fact. What might lay beyond -- even ordinary humans -- was of no concern to her, which is probably why she thought it was OK to build a rocketship in the back yard and then make it spaceworthy. It launched once before the neighbors complained. She launched four more times before tiring of it. What she was looking for in the telescope recently, I cannot say. Sometimes she uses it to spy on the neighbors. I'd gone inside for a nap and heard the loudest of crashes, and came outside to find a great rock had fallen from space and destroyed part of the yard--- and my heart, my life, my daughter Jadzia.

mCHXROc.jpg

And yet this was not the most extraordinary thing, for I thought I could see a black shimmering in the air. I focused on it and walked through, and I entered into the World of Spirits. I saw a being who I have been in the presence before -- Death, the Reaper. I saw that same strange shimmer when poor Kiyoshi perished in the kitchen fire he set.

y06sMgS.jpg

Silly boy, never try to use water to put out an oil fire. My eyes had been uncovered to the world of spirits through this brash action, and I demanded the Reaper return my daughter to me. He -- it? -- was unbothered, and left me with nothing but ruins. But then days later, I saw sweet Zia's form.

DO1vaKV.jpg

She looked very perturbed. Of course, she would be. The arch-rationalist had suddenly found herself a spirit! An either, a ghost! Heaven knows what else she could see there in the Beyond. I invited her to stay, and based on the things she described to me I decided to journey to Glimmerbrook.

SGD4hL1.jpg

I cannot say what I found there. Not because I am circumspect, no. I care nothing for petty opinions.But the authorities who control the gift that was given to me, that I have now developed into powers arcane and dreaduly wonderful, also control what is said about it. Let it remain that I found a place of learning, and there I abandoned myself to the exploration thereof. In this realm I saw that the world is full of mysteries that remain unseen to most, distracted as they are by their phones and the constant cycle of holidays. I make it my purpose to explore them, but first -- I must conquer death and take my daughter back from the Reaper.

~~~

Continuing Chronicle of the Wizard

Time has passed. My hair and beard have grown out, for it is not proper for wizards to be too well-groomed. They have also grown grey, because mastering the arcane arts has taken time. Jada, who I have married in the interim after decades of living with, gave birth to a little boy, Julian Bashir Winslow.

aPvCmcv.jpg

And now I find myself with the key to release my daughter from the bonds of ghostliness. But first I need to test it on poor Kiyoshi, her once-intended beau.

HawfwmY.jpg

HE LIVES! And now for ZIa herself. Come, fair Jadzia, back to the land of the living!

VBbLPQQ.jpg

...oh. oh dear. ....

• Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @Ellupelluellu, page 1245,
    Nah, he can handle the spice! Thought a change in avatar was needed, and that particular screenshot was perfect!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,101 Member
    edited September 2023
    @Brd709 ,
    Woo! Congrats with all the graduations!

@Ellupelluellu Thank you! It was certainly a surprise to see a graduation event appear on the calendar after all this time!

However, Stop!

The following Monday after Randy graduated, Randy's youngest brother Mark Taylor continued at high school as normal and a NEW Class 1 Teacher had been spawned! Her name is Megumi Inoue:
    9oBCwfZ.png

Curious, i had feared the original Class 1 Teacher Rita Coombes had been culled so I summoned Rita over to the Taylor's house via MCCC and she still exists in game:
    KnIi5Yg.png

I guess Rita Coombes decided to retire from teaching in 1998. Copperdale High School opened in 1992.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,639 Member
    My teen went into the cellar and drank a whole bottle of nectar. I was today years old when I realized teens could drink and get dazed from it. lol. There are going to be some while parties while the parents are away this weekend!
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,553 Member
    Detective John Action is investigating a murder at the Roomies house.

K6IZRMi.png
  • Options
    edited March 17
    Outnumbered, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

Erik came in from outside. For Spring, he found it unusually cold. This bothered him a great deal, as that’s not what he had been told by residents. Freak year? He made it a point before he purchased the land, to take an exploratory horseback ride around Crescent Ridge. He inquired of those he met along the dirt trail, as to just what type of climate he might experience in this area? Noting the place looked like desert primarily, which could mean unrelenting heat. But unless it was a high desert, the cold shouldn’t be overwhelming. Most stated it as moderate to mild. He took them at their word. He also spent too many Simoleons on this build to just give up and move out. They had been here less than a week.

Shivering just a bit, Erik decided to turn up the thermostat and to light a fire or two around the house. Since he expected to spend some time in his new Music Room, he chose to light that fireplace. Wood was already in the fire box, stacked just so. He took out the long-neck lighter and clicked it, sticking it into that pile of timber. A whooshing sound met his ears as the flame engaged the wood. What happened next, took him wholly by surprise. He knew what he was doing. He had experience in this. So, why? He found himself asking.
    “Whoa, whoa, wait a minute!”
    X9dDdoj.jpg

“Aaach, help me. Somebody, please help!” Erik pulled the fire-extinguisher off of the nearby wall and commenced putting out the flames, or trying to. So far, his efforts seemed fruitless. I’m too young to die.
    OpyWAWW.jpg

Just when things seemed lost, the flames finally went out. Phew, thank you Lord.
    CX8we88.jpg

For a moment, Erik just stood there feeling like an over charred marshmelon, as Spock would call it. Trying to explain to his half-Vulcan brother-in-law that it was a sweet confection, not a melon at all, nor grown in the ground, was useless. Erik shrugged and took it for just another Spock-ism. It’s what he loved about the guy.
    An hour later, showered, he went to give the scheduled concert.
    YvLudPO.jpg

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

The next day, Tuesday, was Andrew’s birthday. Kayleigh got to work on baking him a cake. They both invited family members to come hang-out for a while. Pretty soon, his house was crowded.
    “Okay, everybody gather around. Andrew is going to blow out his candles, now,” Kayleigh said.
    nexNdPW.jpg

Dutifully, Andrew did the twirly thing,
    “Here I go!”
    OBhP14k.jpg

“I can’t get over how big your children have gotten already. Seems like just yesterday you were pregnant. And now you have four teens, Four. I don’t know how you do it,” Regina said. “Don’t you feel outnumbered?”
    Y4NEGoS.jpg

Andrew made certain to circulate and greet his guests as he’d seen his parents do. He took a moment to chat with his grandmothers.
    q2WgByJ.jpg

“You look just like your Dad,” Carina said.
    IBeIgD6.jpg

zy9Yxo9.jpg
    sSXVPUe.jpg

When asked what he wanted to do in life, Andrew took a look around him and answered, “A Rancher, I think. I like it here, better than where we used to live. I like having horses. Chickens and such. Yeah, maybe I’ll become a rancher.”

All for now. Thanks for reading. :)
  • Options
    @GalacticGal The new place looks amazing.🙂 Hopefully Erik left whatever curse or bad juju there was behind.

@Starfree I was right, the apartment is by Summerrplays. It's called 1020 Alto Apartments and it's listed under rooms.

Thank you. I had to build it twice, before I was satisfied. And I'm quite vexed that placing an awning above the porch eluded me. I managed one on the Wright Way House, but the same method failed several times before I gave up. Oh, well. I did watch a video on how to do it, which was far different from what worked in the past, but I would either have to sacrifice the second floor or play with a copy of it until I got the awning atop the pillars. Right now, I'm more interested in playing the game, than fussing with the builf.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @misty4m Wow, that's crazy-insane. Have you tried a game repair, or even a game folder refresh? Something is clearly off.

@Smellincoffee
    Well done. I thoroughly enjoyed that and am now very much engaged in your story. I have to know the answer to . . . 0h, oh, dear . . .
  • Options
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    My teen went into the cellar and drank a whole bottle of nectar. I was today years old when I realized teens could drink and get dazed from it. lol. There are going to be some while parties while the parents are away this weekend!

Oh, my, they can?
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    Wheeeeew... lemme tell you something. If you ever need your windows exchanged, the moment the new ones are in is not the moment you won. The part where they need to make it so there isn't bare brick around your new ones anymore is worse than the switch itself. Way worse. Anyway! I'm back once more and this thread got away from me yet once again. I'm so sorry. DX

Now, I had made these screenshots before life went crazy, so... let me see if I can put together what the heck had happened. Oh, yeah! Danny Rowell, our dear Bonnie's brother, is an aspiring hunter and what is a hunter without a loyal dog? Well, Danny got himself... a skilled helper, certainly, though he is not entirely sure if Fang is all dog or part wolf.
    63rMMpc.png
    Wounded as he had been, Fang understands that Danny helped him and is very protective of his newfound family. To the point of being aggressive to strangers. Especially those who smell somehow wrong and show up in the middle of the night. This intruder did not have the time to even attempt to enter the family home.
    Bel9PtI.png

With Dany, though, Fang is very attentive and tries his best even though he is not the quickest learner.
    7JOVNDW.png

The rest of the time was spent harvesting the crops and in preparations.
    Danny found a rare rainborz crystal...
    EWbIiwd.png

...and Rashidah prepared quite the feast.
    TWfHvqB.png

They do not have bees, so Danny traded for the honey with Bonnie for some of the meat he had gotten. ((I love that you can just drag stuff into another sim's inventory, even if they aren't from your household. That makes medieval-style trading so much easier!)) Why? Well, since Rashidah agreed to learn and follow the traditions of Danny's people, there was to be another wedding!

Rashidah was very nervous about the whole thing...
    bH2YDUi.png

...especially while performing the song!
    DQSxcov.png

Danny only found some spinach underneath Sophie... he wasn't exactly thrilled, though a vegetable that grows in the winter is not exactly something to scoff at, either. That fits well... this wasn't the picture-perfect wedding that Evan and Bonnie shared, but it did go well.
    Zuu2PiC.png
    LdVY3Pa.png
    vyReWT4.png

That is, it went well exactly until the pair got home and Danny found out that Imran ate some of what was supposed to be the wedding feast...
    mf9bQG4.png

The two... do not get along. And neither does Maira, really...
    iQSNvXw.png

Mr. Scott, who doesn't really want to have much in common with the "forest folk" as he calls them, is quickly becoming Maira's favourite person. The whole thing goes so far, that Danny did not even invite Mr. Scott to the celebration.
    Snnhf3t.png

((And also, since Sara is supposed to have had the baby by now and I'm not sure if she's okay... I needed to not have them there. But that doesn't make it any less true that Simon is... a dissenter in our little piece of old-timey... whatever this is.))

Anyway, I didn't catch a picture, but... Rashidah made mushroom soup for the feast and... well! They were lovely mushrooms. Which was better than spicy, I guess, except not really because they went to Rashidah's head and she gone and flirted with Evan. Who was rather upset, and naturally Danny was upset, and everything is awkward now! But the guys are both mad at Rashidah, Danny is still buddies with Evan... even though Evan doesn't go hunting with him nearly as often since the time he got injured by the bear.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    I don't have any pic, just need to share :) During yesterday's simming session I was totally confused as I could click on the floor and choose "Call over Llama". I was playing a cow farm, with 4 animal sheds, and I had to double check that I did not replace one of the cows with a Llama. It's been a while since I played this lot. Couple with 5 kids, 4 cows, some veggies, and a cat, and now they got a Sheep, too, as the household was too full for anything else. But no, there were still 4 cows, no llama.

Then I realized it was Pirate Day, and I thought to myself that "Call over Llama" was a way to say "go here".

Today I got myself a laugh when I randomly noticed that the cat was indeed named Llama, so it was the cat I could call over by clicking on the floor... sigh... why do I always come up with such confusing animal names...? Guess the next cat will be named "Cat".
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    @GalacticGal ,
    congrats to Andrew :) Ice or fire, both elements seem to be against Erik.
    @_Gina ,
    sounds like mushroom soup gave you interesting storyline :D
    @Simmerville ,
    my first kitten in game was indeed called "Kitten1" :) I was testing in throwaway save, but ended up keeping the Kitten1 safe in my library.

• Options
    edited March 17
    I don't have any pic, just need to share :) During yesterday's simming session I was totally confused as I could click on the floor and choose "Call over Llama". I was playing a cow farm, with 4 animal sheds, and I had to double check that I did not replace one of the cows with a Llama. It's been a while since I played this lot. Couple with 5 kids, 4 cows, some veggies, and a cat, and now they got a Sheep, too, as the household was too full for anything else. But no, there were still 4 cows, no llama.

Then I realized it was Pirate Day, and I thought to myself that "Call over Llama" was a way to say "go here".

Today I got myself a laugh when I randomly noticed that the cat was indeed named Llama, so it was the cat I could call over by clicking on the floor... sigh... why do I always come up with such confusing animal names...? Guess the next cat will be named "Cat".

Forgive me but your post just made me chuckle, the whole question regarding the names of the animals and such. I do hope your next gaming session goes better for you.
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu Yes, it would appear he needs a constant 72 degrees F?
  • Options
    Jemina
    RYOzD5y.png
    PpzK3ix.png
    oV2lNXo.png
    tifqDWC.png
    nw3J80C.png
    dkLXCc1.png
    uuKRJ7s.png
    zIbqZke.png
    Y7CCq6f.png
    UlS2i9S.png
    Promoted finally!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top