Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any hope left for Pre-teens?

Comments

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    As I don't see what they would add to game I see no reason to have them especially as it would be such a short time in a sim child's lifespan.
    If they do add them then they should have to also add an age between adult and elder. Because guess what! in todays world retirement age doesn't make you feeble and ready to pass on at the slightest bump in the road. And woohoo is not dangerous. ;-)

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Imo I think high school years failed to really differentiate a teen from a YA what I would have liked is teens having classroom gameplay, also going home and doing like interactive home like reading a book, gaining a skill, doing the class project they bring home.

Do you mean doing more in the classroom than just sitting in class and taking notes or taking tests? It would have been cool to occasionally have a Sim called to the board to do something, but what else do you think they could have added?

You can read books and gain skills, some skill gain is required to bring grades up, and Sims gain skills while in class. I'm not sure what you mean here?

Class projects were added with Parenthood, so you'd have to have that one. I suppose they could have added some new ones to HY, then you'd have a bigger selection if you have both.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    As I don't see what they would add to game I see no reason to have them especially as it would be such a short time in a sim child's lifespan.
    If they do add them then they should have to also add an age between adult and elder. Because guess what! in todays world retirement age doesn't make you feeble and ready to pass on at the slightest bump in the road. And woohoo is not dangerous. ;-)

I would love a lifestage between adult and elder as well middle aged Sims the Sims 4 put that woohoo dangerous death which to me was dumb I wish there was a way to toggle that off in there elders in this game seem like 70 and 85 a middle aged sim to me would 55-65 because adults in game to me is 35-50.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Imo I think high school years failed to really differentiate a teen from a YA what I would have liked is teens having classroom gameplay, also going home and doing like interactive home like reading a book, gaining a skill, doing the class project they bring home.

Do you mean doing more in the classroom than just sitting in class and taking notes or taking tests? It would have been cool to occasionally have a Sim called to the board to do something, but what else do you think they could have added?

You can read books and gain skills, some skill gain is required to bring grades up, and Sims gain skills while in class. I'm not sure what you mean here?

Class projects were added with Parenthood, so you'd have to have that one. I suppose they could have added some new ones to HY, then you'd have a bigger selection if you have both.

@lisamwitt I'm talking about do more in class gameplay like in the Sims 3 for University we had options to take notes, raise hand to ask why not raise our hand to ask and answer questions, we had the option to sleep in class, and do late homework. It actually felt like an actual class and school what school do you see where students just sit there for an hour they get involved with the class. I would also like to pass notes, throw a paper airplane in class. Same thing with detention we could have some gameplay where we do homework or study for tests in detention it's boring. If it's an interactive school there should have been interactive classroom.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited July 2023
    Maxis could decide to add Preteen as a phase of the childhood, a transition to teenage.

And also Preschooler phase, Toddler ready to go to school.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    I hope they announce preteen soon. I still believe they are coming.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I'd rather they added more stages of adulthood.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    No more stages, please. I'd rather just have the current ones we have more expanded upon.
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    Does this game really need more life stages?
  • Options
    We need a stage between child and teen. A middle school age would be perfect.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I'd rather they added more stages of adulthood.

We might get that too! :blush:
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I'd rather just have the current ones we have more expanded upon.

And this as well. We might get all of this! Sims 4 is going to be around for a while longer I believe, so we might get all these things.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I use and really like the preteen mod, if you're ok with having mods in your game.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    pvrescue1 wrote: »

It does not. 🤣
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I already feel like the infants and toddlers are redundant, especially since we still have a baby stage. It's just way too much to play out just to get to childhood. I don't need every single phase of infancy and childhood before Sims finally grow up. I think Sims 2 had the best general idea for life stages, except for young adults being tied to University. Although I personally love the older teens in Sims 4 because they can be more independent and wear anything in CAS that older Sims can wear. But had they been just a little shorter, they would have been more visually distinctive.

Also, the restriction of 8 Sims to a household including pets would make playing families more complicated the more life stages there are.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Hi785_732Hi785_732 Posts: 6 New Member
    We Can Just Add A Height Slider To Repesent The Tween (9-13) Age Range, And Boom!
    After That You Can Have Your Tween.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Though I would love the addition of pre-teens to the game, I think the chances of this life stage coming to fruition are slim to none. I say this because the Kids Room stuff pack (released years ago) has a lot of assets geared towards pre-teens or “tweens”. When I play, I typically have a period of time where my sim children represent the ages of 9-10, and then I’ll switch them to represent ages of 11-12. Sometimes imagination is enough :)

I think many family players want to see this life stage added, but it would probably get annoying tbh. Especially if a player tries to play through younger life-stages as quickly as possible. If TS4 is going to be around for years, then I’m curious to see what the sims team fills those years up with content-wise. I guess we’ll see!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well, we now have playable babies. So, anything is possible in Sims 4. ;)
  • Options
    Hi785_732 wrote: »
    We Can Just Add A Height Slider To Repesent The Tween (9-13) Age Range, And Boom!
    After That You Can Have Your Tween.

Nah see that's not gone work at least for me see I've been wanting tweens to be introduced to the franchise ever since Sims 2 the teens were not nearly as tall as they are in Sims 4 the teens could've been the exact same height and I still would ask for tweens because for me it's a life stage they act older then a child but still act younger and immature then a teen.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I already feel like the infants and toddlers are redundant, especially since we still have a baby stage. It's just way too much to play out just to get to childhood. I don't need every single phase of infancy and childhood before Sims finally grow up. I think Sims 2 had the best general idea for life stages, except for young adults being tied to University. Although I personally love the older teens in Sims 4 because they can be more independent and wear anything in CAS that older Sims can wear. But had they been just a little shorter, they would have been more visually distinctive.

Also, the restriction of 8 Sims to a household including pets would make playing families more complicated the more life stages there are.

I could say the same thing about YA that's redundant Lifestage what does a YA and A do that's different besides look slightly different?

I personally got surprised by infants being in game I was like... okay...but it's more game play and more fun. Like I said in the other post I wanted Preteens to be introduced to the Sims franchise way back since Sims 2 I didn't know nothing about a sim forum then but if I did best believe y'all would of seen my posts about preteens.

I totally agree with the 8 Sims in house hold I always thought ten would've been a good number but now Ten is not even good lol.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I could say the same thing about YA that's redundant Lifestage what does a YA and A do that's different besides look slightly different?

I personally got surprised by infants being in game I was like... okay...but it's more game play and more fun. Like I said in the other post I wanted Preteens to be introduced to the Sims franchise way back since Sims 2 I didn't know nothing about a sim forum then but if I did best believe y'all would of seen my posts about preteens.

I totally agree with the 8 Sims in house hold I always thought ten would've been a good number but now Ten is not even good lol.

I actually agree with you about Young Adults/Adults. If the game had enough customizable physical features and gameplay, players could just add wrinkles or facial lines as they see fit, and maybe behaviors as well. I do think in real life, older adults tend to be wiser and more mature than, say, college age, but in the game, the age difference doesn't really matter at all for Sim behaviors. I guess they added midlife crisis recently so that can be a Thing, but in general, there's hardly a difference so the stages feel redundant. I would play Adults more if their faces didn't all age the same way. I don't like the mouth lines and I wish we could just customize them.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    Sorry to say this, pre teens are not gonna happen
  • Options
    Hi785_732Hi785_732 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Briana2425 said:
    > Nah see that's not gone work at least for me see I've been wanting tweens to be introduced to the franchise ever since Sims 2 the teens were not nearly as tall as they are in Sims 4 the teens could've been the exact same height and I still would ask for tweens because for me it's a life stage they act older then a child but still act younger and immature then a teen.

That Is True Though
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    pvrescue1 wrote: »

N0-why add more life stages when we already have enough? The more life stages that are added,the more laggy the game will become.Sims 4 is already laggy enough.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Now that we know sims 4 will continue along side sims 5 I definitely think there is a bigger chance for preteens!🤗
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Neither is laughter…..wish they would do away with that one too!