Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Luxe and Poolside Splash Kits Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'd love a typewriter! And all kinds of other vintage items. We have an Off the Grid lot challenge but not enough vintage items to really have a fun retro household. Old telephones from the early 1900s, newspapers, maybe even some child "careers" like a paperboy. I'd really like to be able to play out a more "simple" life without modern electronics. Careers included. A pack dedicated to retro lifestyles would be amazing.

My vampires would feel much more comfortable if they could continue to live the way they did when they were alive. 😁
    I like the typewriter we have which is a computer. I use that often in my retro houses.

I'm very happy we are getting more retro items these days, but a whole retro pack would be awesome.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Patrice wrote: »
    What about pool slides? :|

Might have been a thing if it was build/buy pool related stuff, which I DEFINITELY would pay money for hands down rather than more bathing suit attire.

I mean we still don't even have a proper diving board opposed to the diving platform that came with Get Together.

Build buy pool kit with water slides, functional pool bar, more pool floaties and other decor would have been great.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited September 2023
    Ok, I was excited about the pool kit until I realized it was a cas kit. We’ve been asking for more pool stuff….to put in and around the pool. Not swimming outfits, we have plenty already. The arm and donut floaties are cool, but why make it a part of an outfit rather than gameplay objects ? And why arm floats for adults ?

As for the Modern Luxe kit, it’s Vintage Glamour Stuff 2.0. I like the bed though. And the paintings, the curtains, the vanity table, and the rug.
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    That is a solid no on the pool kit...I really dislike EA's swimwear and this looks to be more of the same. :#

A solid yes to the Luxe kit, I want that tv and that record player, and yes, I would buy a kit to get it. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Ok, I was excited about the pool kit until I realized it was a cas kit. We’ve been asking for more pool stuff….to put in and around the pool. Not swimming outfits, we have plenty already. The arm and donut floaties are cool, but why make it a part of an outfit rather than gameplay objects ? And why arm floats for adults ?

As for the Modern Luxe kit, it’s Vintage Glamour Stuff 2.0. I like the bed though. And the paintings, the vanity table, and the rug.

Yeah. Odd choice since the arm floaties could have been categorized like bracelets for them. Not sure what you could put the innertube around the waist as though. Probably no more than two outfits in the pack that look a bit more unique, but the rest looks more or less the same for sure with stuff we have. Got base game swimsuits, perfect patio swimsuits and also some from seasons. Not too many pieces that's wowing me. If they would have went for a pool stuff pack with CAS plus build/buy with gameplay for a pool slide, pool bar and pool related games (marco polo, etc) definite yes, but it's pretty 'meh' for the most part.

Luxe kit looks nice and remanence of vintage glamor because of the style (wonder why the youtuber/simmer who they collab with didn't go for a different style not so close to it).

Tv and record player are probably the most interesting pieces to me in it too.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited September 2023
    If we got a pool build kit, people would have complained about the items being only decorative just the same. Kits don't contain objects that offer new gameplay, just recycled gameplay objects from other packs. Even a pool bar would have needed quite a bit of work as the animation for entering the bar stool cannot be used for a pool bar. A diving board would have needed adjusted animations for the Sims to go on.

And a gameplay pool kit would have been highly problematic as well, consisting of only 1-2 new pool gameplay objects.

I guess we're just due for a Hotels Pack expanding on pools gameplay. Maybe next year?
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Now that we have plenty of poolside swimsuits and loungewear, me thinks we need the dream swimming pool build/buy items to go with all those shiny new outfits. *cough*

Maybe a hotel/resort EP will give us all the missing pool items we still don't have in TS4? A pool slide, diving board, swim-up pool bar, in-ground poolside hot tub, pool waterfalls, riding an inner tube around a 'lazy river' pool ride add-on.... and pool stairs stepping down into a shallow end (maybe one solid piece that could be snapped onto the side of the pool?) would be awesome too.

You know..... in case the devs are looking for more 2024 summer road map ideas n' such. *cough*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    shobontea wrote: »

That can be fixed by turning off reflections in the options under the graphics section.
  • Options
    I can't wait to get the floatie swimsuits. I'll probably use them the most and those new sandles look like watershoes which I by the way have.
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

As for the Modern Luxe kit, it’s Vintage Glamour Stuff 2.0. I like the bed though. And the paintings, the vanity table, and the rug.

Yeah. Odd choice since the arm floaties could have been categorized like bracelets for them. Not sure what you could put the innertube around the waist as though. Probably no more than two outfits in the pack that look a bit more unique, but the rest looks more or less the same for sure with stuff we have. Got base game swimsuits, perfect patio swimsuits and also some from seasons. Not too many pieces that's wowing me. If they would have went for a pool stuff pack with CAS plus build/buy with gameplay for a pool slide, pool bar and pool related games (marco polo, etc) definite yes, but it's pretty 'meh' for the most part.

Luxe kit looks nice and remanence of vintage glamor because of the style (wonder why the youtuber/simmer who they collab with didn't go for a different style not so close to it).

Tv and record player are probably the most interesting pieces to me in it too.

I'm hoping the upcoming Annivesary Update will add Pool Build/Buy Stuff.
  • Options
    Now that we have plenty of poolside swimsuits and loungewear, me thinks we need the dream swimming pool build/buy items to go with all those shiny new outfits. *cough*

Maybe a hotel/resort EP will give us all the missing pool items we still don't have in TS4? A pool slide, diving board, swim-up pool bar, in-ground poolside hot tub, pool waterfalls, riding an inner tube around a 'lazy river' pool ride add-on.... and pool stairs stepping down into a shallow end (maybe one solid piece that could be snapped onto the side of the pool?) would be awesome too.

You know..... in case the devs are looking for more 2024 summer road map ideas n' such. *cough*

And Waterpark Waterbuckets and Waterslides.
  • Options

Haha, that'd be a kick if they finally added a pool diving board after 9 years.

Only thing I'd want for a anniversary update is burglars and bug fixes. :V
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Haha, that'd be a kick if they finally added a pool diving board after 9 years.

Only thing I'd want for a anniversary update is burglars and bug fixes. :V

I sure hope we don't have to wait a year for more pool items of course a Hotels Gamepack could be in the works for November.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member

Oh, are we still expecting an anniversary update? I assumed the recent patch and the kits would be all we’ll get now until the next roadmap comes out.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member

Oh, are we still expecting an anniversary update? I assumed the recent patch and the kits would be all we’ll get now until the next roadmap comes out.

This was a small update so we might get another one later this month. But this is speculation, this patch could just as well be it for the month of September. Sometimes we get something for an anniversary but not always. In short : we don't know for sure.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    We barely ever got something useful for the anniversaries so we shouldn't set our hopes too high 😐
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    That would be awesome! What did we get for the other anniversaries before?

Nothing special

2022 : Fixes
    2021 : Spa Day refresh update + 1,200 color swatches for 149 assets
    2020 : Fixes
    2019 : Configurable staircase + Muslim content
    2018 : No update for PC/Mac
    2017 : CAS & B/B items
    2016 : Day of the Dead event
    2015 : Jealous trait
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I'm having a hard time seeing how these kits bring anything new to the game. Easy to pass.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Julianna's really looking forward to the pool party she's throwing. But something is missing. :| Now she remembers. New swimsuits! And maybe a couple of decorative pillows to break up all the white!

x4cdlQ1.png

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    The swimwear cas kit looks nice, but I don't think we have gotten anything gameplay related to swimming since Island Living which was released in... 2019.

The Modern Luxe BB kit looks a lot like the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack from 2017, which also featured the vanity table.

So I'm not sure if I will buy these kits.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I’m ready for both packs!!!! I was just saying that I needed some new content.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited September 2023
    I personally refuse to call kits packs even though they we're advertised as bit sized packs on the gloomy day they we're First announced and took stuff Packs to the grave
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I personally refuse to call kits packs even though they we're advertised as bit sized packs in the gloomy day they we're First announced and took stuff Packs to the grave

Agreed,

We are never going to get anything gameplay related like pool items if they are releasing so many small sized kits.

If this would have been a stuff pack then sure, it would have cost more and they would had to get rid of one theme (swimwear or modern luxe) but the stuff pack could have included 1 or 2 gameplay related items.

If this would have included a pool slide or something I would have bought it.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I personally refuse to call kits packs even though they we're advertised as bit sized packs in the gloomy day they we're First announced and took stuff Packs to the grave

I agree. For me there is also a difference between 'proper' DLC and kit. Real DLC like EP, GP and SP offer new gameplay or at the very least objects with new interactions. Kits on the other hand only have new grafic design for items which already exist.

I have to admit I like some of the objects in kits because EA knows how to make pretty things. But with the exception of bust the dust, kits don't add anything substantial to the game. I think simmers should only get kits if they have all the proper DLC they are interested in.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Sul sul!

Screenshot thread here for those who are picking up the kits :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png