Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much more of Sims 4 can your computer take?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    edited August 2023
    Old PC - no mods - runs fine
    My Asus gaming laptop is about 5 years old. It’s doing fine. When I do have lag it is usually something running in the background or I think the game rather than the laptop because it usually does fine. I don’t use Mods or CC, and I only have a few other games on it. I own all the sims 4 packs and kits, and it was a moderate to high priced gaming laptop when I bought it in 2018. It’s an i7 with a 1070 card. It’s not an SSD, but is called a hybrid. At the time I bought it around 2018 most computer only had some SSD, not full SSD. It has a lot of air vents, for cooling, not just underneath. I don’t play everyday, but when I do play I am often playing for 8 hours or more. I tend to lose track of time.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    New PC - mods - runs fine
    I got a new PC a year ago and it's a decent gaming PC, so I'm not having many problems. I run with a lot of mods and CC, too.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    edited August 2023
    I upgraded to a new laptop not just for TS4, but because I was tired of replacing the fans and keyboards on the old one, and the final straw was my cat knocking the laptop off the table while it was charging and busting the connector pin on the cord. Anyway, the old computer was out of spec with the newest minimum requirements, so loading TS4 was taking forever and gameplay was getting choppy.

Now I've got my the game, almost every DLC except for a couple of kits, and tons of mods and it works great except the EA App is currently experiencing problems so I can't update the game or go offline and play. So the only thing stopping me from playing is EA. And I guess I should be working right now, but mostly the app thing.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    Old PC - no mods - runs fine

Thank you all for participating!

I did the same poll on my tumblr. It ran one week and now the results are here.
    It's almost the same as here. Most people do not have any problems and could handle more DLC.

411a4ab41927c17136db127ebd0fd3fa316b369f.jpg

d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    I own a black cuboid….or perhaps it would be more appropriate to say that it owns me.
    One side is made from clear tempered glass. It looks like it came from outer space. I like to think it came from outer space. No wait, it DID come from outer space.

I call it “The Monolith”.…or did it call itself that? I honestly cannot remember…

When I look inside, I see magic at work. It’s a quiet beast. Not a whisper. It is very kind, it is very powerful and it lets me play The Sims 4. All packs, most kits, 10 mods, no nonsense.
    It also lets me do other things…Not a whisper.

A fine machine it is. A fine machine indeed.
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Old PC - mods - runs fine
    I built my PC in 2014 specifically in anticipation of TS4 release. Back then it cost me around 2400AUD, which in 2023 is the price of just a high end GPU alone! Hello inflation! I am still running the same system today (Intel Core i5-8400 CPU, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 GPU and 16GB DDR5 RAM, I have upgraded to a 1440p monitor about 8 months ago but other than that this build is the same as it was 9 years ago). I have all the available content for TS4 and what I consider to be essential mods (MCCC, UI cheats etc) around 600MB of gameplay mods/CC, I don't have a lot of CC because with all the packs I just don't find I need it, I use default skin and eye replacements and a couple of hairs and that is it really. The game runs fine. I only ran into issues lately when I tried to install Lumpinou's massive RPO mod and that caused some quite bad lag for the pie menu to appear. I am planning to add on an SSD since my hard drive is pretty full and see if that helps. If not I will look to update my GPU to the RTX 4070 Ti or the RX 7900 XTX.
  • Options
    PlutohasaheartPlutohasaheart Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2023
    Since there's no option for dinosaur pc w/mods conked out >> new gaming laptop w/mods doing fine. That old thing was probably over ten years old at the time though, and was being used for several games including Sims 4, and had already had a few hardware upgrades to continue to support those games. I also can be a bit of a mod hoarder sometimes when on downloading sprees, and play rotationally through many households, so probably was not the easiest on it. Eventually got to where the game would take hours to load and was a hassle to play. The computer honestly needed to be replaced at some point.

The new laptop plays Sims 4 very comfortably with all dlc except Growing Together and a handful of kits and about 285gb mods. Plays smoothly, loads in quickly, transitions between lots quickly, very few lag issues. Settings kept at maximum now, which I've had to switch back and forth choosing between screenshot quality and playability in the past, and it's nice not to have to do that anymore.

I lost everything with the original pc and had to start over from scratch, so it's taken me probably about 6 months to redownload all the mods I really wanted. I'm still missing a few that I'm not sure if they're even still available. I also miss the sims I lost, and have tried to recreate a few of them, but it won't be possible to do that with all of them.