Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

Comments

• Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 792 Member
    Thanks a lot for the comment @SnowBnuuy !
    Alba definitively needed some reassurance at the beginning of this chapter, but luckily Sirio was around. Also, it will be interesting to see how her telepathic abilities will develop from now on...

Florian was definitively upset for having been excluded from the vacation plan, he won't forget this injustice anytime soon XD

Alba clearly likes singing and playing the guitar, who knows if I decided to make another generation rounding around an artist or if I decided to change the plot a bit instead...

Techna is literally copying the information they study on books or online on their SSD drive, as someone who spent a ton of time studying at the university I see it as very unfair as well XD Yet, they technically remember all they are studying, so technically that's not like cheating either... This would indeed be a quite deep ethical matter to consider, if just I was a bit more serious about it XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    Finally, after moving out from my old apartment and starting my summer vacation, I found some time to translate chapter 6.19! (link)

The timing of this chapter is also quite impressive, is anyone else in the mood for a seaside trip?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    As long as I'm on vacation I want to keep the rhythm and go on with the following chapters, so here is chapter 6.20! (link)
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    Caught up! Not much time to comment sadly, but
    Glad Lily isn't speaking to Hotaru, and I also loved Maki's speech on the exhibition. Sirio must be glad that FINALLY there's a human out there that truly understands him < 3
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for your comment @SnowBnuuy !
    There was no way Lily could accept to see her father, when she gets mad at someone it's very hard to make her change her mind.
    Maki's speech was very hard to write for me instead, I'm glad you liked it because you clearly are much more inclined towards arts than I am and if you found it okay (probably) what I wrote made some sense (at least within this storyline). And this was definitively a very important milestone for Sirio as well, he really needs more people who understand him in general.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Hi @HermioneSims I just wanted to let you know I'm still continuing to read and enjoy your story. I love two newest chapters. I'm just having a hard time commenting right now because of being exhausted from heat, work, life in general, and working so hard on my story at the moment. So I might not be saying a lot right now, but I'm still loving what you write.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Don't worry @GlacierSnow , and thanks for the comment as always, I'm glad you enjoyed the last two chapters!

I'm sorry to read that you're feeling so exhausted right now, I fully understand how the sum of all those factors isn't easy to handle. I would fully understand if you decided to take a break from reading the chapters to come as well, don't worry. Above all, I wish you that the incoming weeks may be a bit better!
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    And here I am with another chapter, 6.21 is finally here! (link)

This is the penultimate chapter of generation 6, this was a funny section to play.

I also want to share that, in parallel to these translations, I'm finally posting the very last chapters of this legacy in its original language (that's also why I took a bit longer than usual to update in here, I needed absolute focus to write the very last plot point to be covered).
    Generation 10 will really stand out in comparison with the others topic-wise, sometimes I wonder if I've exaggerated a bit or not...

Anyway, another gameplay session and another chapter to write, and it will probably be finished. I can't believe it!
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited August 2023
    I will miss Lily! I guess she is not the heir because she is not a direct descendant of Sirio?

And I loved your use of... colors :) that was delightful

Also
    your Tech Sixam neighborhood is so cool!
  • Options
    Thanks a lot @mightysprite !
    Yes, Lily won't be the heir. On the one hand I'm a bit sorry about it, because she's a very interesting character. On the other hand, though, I'm pretty sure she prefers this way, bad stuff tends to happen to the protagonists of my stories in general. The fact that Alba took the second narrating diary is quite telling, the poor girl will be the next to fall into my evil plans (Bwahahaha!)

Back on Lily, I was thinking about making a short side-chapter from her POV telling about her life in Sim City though. I just have to reason on whether the story I have in mind is interesting enough or not.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    Ends of gens are always sad ;-; But always fun to see where it goes next!
    One thing I love so much with your legacy is how each gen flows so well into the next, and how the world and characters progress alongside each other so well. And how what was once a current event is now an important part of history, like Helios asking about the stellar core plant. And then finding out about the ancestors < 3 Also a fun interesting development of a tech centre part of Sixam! and I love the futuristic restaurant and ONE MINUTE...are those STRANGERVILLE PLANTS on the side of that building? Is that just decoration or are we gonna be dealing with something nasty ;-;

I really enjoyed this gen though, Sirio was such a fun character and I liked the focus on his art and how that stemmed in part from Toq learning to do creative things and not purely living his life pragmatically.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Thanks a lot @SnowBnuuy !
    I just say that now, writing the ending on the non-translated version, I've made references all the way back to Gen 1 XD Sometimes I think I'm exaggerating a bit (I mean, sometimes not even I remember well the details of the past events I referring to!), but it is still funny.

Anyway, starting from Gen 7 the story will change direction a bit and the story will also get a bit more complex, so I hope that it will continue to flow like the previous parts...

Also, Sirio is also among my favourite heirs, I really hope Alba can be just us interesting to follow!

As for the Sixam plants, I often have fun putting them around for aesthetic purposes only. Here is an example from another save:

zKIbecz.png

Or it could actually be a clue that will become important in a 100+ chapters time, who knows XD

2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Aaaaaaa! :open_mouth: Already reaching the end of this generation!? 😭 There are a lot of characters I will miss from this one for sure!

Sirio, Maki, and Lily have been a very interesting set of characters to get to know. I will definitely miss all of them. Especially Sirio. I feel sad already, with him becoming an elder, because I know what's coming next... :cry:

But I was actually excited to see Helios growing up. Sounds like Alba will be the main focus of the next generation, but I hope we also get to know Helios a bit too. He seems interesting.

The high tech Sixam neighborhood is fun to see.

Very curious what direction things will be going in the future.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow , thanks for the comment as always!
    Sims' lives flow so quickly, I always feel the same whenever I celebrate the birthday of some sim who is turning into an elder. At least Lily won't (totally) disappear anytime soon though, even if she's moving quite far away from her siblings she will continue to be involved in whatever I planned for the following...

I also understand why up to now Helios looks like a funnier character than Alba, probably he's more in line with the previous generations as well. Focusing on Alba was a choice I made to make sure I was centring on the most different character from the previous generations I could choose, and so also to elaborate the most different plot I could come up with and make this legacy less repetitive. Anyway, Helios will still be very present (even if he won't be a POV character), and actually he will have a very important role at some point.

The high-tech district was very funny to make for me too, it remains to be seen how I planned to use it though...

As a general note, I will update the last chapter of generation 6 and then the generation summary very soon. In these days we were busy organising a big lunch (for the famous Ferragosto festivity I mentioned a few chapters ago) and I was away from the PC for too long, but in the next few days I should manage to prepare them after work.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The last chapter of generation 6, chapter 6.22, is out! (link)

This was a tough generation I originally wrote during a tough period, but Sirio & co really turned into a funny bunch of characters to follow. Generation 7 will be quite different instead, I really hope you can like it as well!

Also, I found a good example of details in the legacy that got lost in my translation, following the conversation we were having on "the art of sim storytelling" thread and that I prefer to comment here than in there to avoid spamming that other thread too much with details about this.

Basically, in the original version of the story Lily constantly had a peculiar way of saying "mom" and "dad", which is "mami" and "papi". The closest English translation would have been "mommy" and "daddy", but these sounds way more childish than what I had in mind and would have really sounded out of character (in particular now that Lily is an adult!). In Italian instead, they just are alternative ways of saying mom and dad which are more frequent in some regional dialects than others, and in particular they make me think about the stereotype of the city of Milan accent on TV programs. I don't live so close to that city, so I'm not even actually sure that's really their accent or just a TV thing, but still Milan is the closest very big city to my place and so I found it funny to use some of their language quirks for the inhabitants of Sim City in my story.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    It's really interesting to find out the bits that got lost in translation!
    The 'really good dad line' OH MY GOSH ;-; I like that Maki has almost picked up Sirio's sort of synesthesia thing going on. UGH HOTARU GO AWAY nobody wants you here. And stop with the crocodile tears. I love both Lily and Maki telling him to go and do one. Thing is a lot of people IRL are as bad as Hotaru is at apologising 'Sorry babes I know I was bad *continues to be xenophobic towards her current husband*' Ugh every word I have for this man is banned on forums.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Thanks for the comment @SnowBnuuy !
    This chapter was just meant to close Hotaru's storyline and show what happened after Sirio used telepathy on him, but I really never planned a real "redemption arc" for him. He just understood enough to not decide to start yet another (useless, at this point) trial and to feel a bit guilty about what he did, but saying that he really changed is all another matter.

Lily admitting that Sirio has been a good dad for her was another storyline I wanted to close before the end of the generation. She really is the kind of person who considers any exhibition of affection as a weakness, and she showed annoyance for Sirio and her little siblings way up to her late teens, but the more time passed the more she was just pretending. Apart from why I consider it an important line for the story, anyway, I consider it as a cute scene as well!
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    @HermioneSims
    I like it the way you’ve done it, not everyone is going to be redeemed in a story and to me Hotaru never at any point realised what he was doing to hurt his family so it makes complete sense. I don’t think he felt genuine guilt, just the kind of weak ‘I feel bad’ people pull when they get held accountable.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Meanwhile, the summary for generation 6 is out! (link).

It really is quite long, yet I feel like I had to cut so many side branches to make an understandable summary! At least the fundamental points should be covered, however.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    I'm just showing up for a little preview of Generation 7:
    6aFucaA.gif

What fridge is that? Where may the Millers be heading at this time? Who knows...
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    As you saw in the previous post, the first chapter in generation 7 is finally out! (link)

It's time for some teen drama again, ready for it?

I also take this chance to point out that next week I'm (probably) moving 900 Km away and so, for a while, my internet connection and/or update frequency could not be at the usual levels. I keep my finger crossed for you not to notice any difference, because it would mean that everything is proceeding smoothly and I have a lot of free time from the very beginning. Otherwise... otherwise I will let you know.
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • Options
    I enjoyed the generation 6 summary :) these are really some lovely and unique characters.
    Looking forward to starting in on gen 7... another generation, another cat on fridge :smirk:
  • Options
    Yay :)
    I like Olivier's style. I take it he was not just random?
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments @mightysprite !

Cats on the fridge are a constant in this legacy XD
    As for Olivier... that's a suspicious amount of coverage for a new character, isn't it? But who knows, this story is a bit weird sometimes :#
    2if86miljyb3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top